Dec 06, 2019 09:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Magazine #1] First All-Avatar Nickmag (2006)  (Read 23927 times)
Green Lizard
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #125 on: Sep 17, 2006 07:41 pm »

I'm surprised everybody's had such a hard time finding it,

I didn't have a hard time finding it.

I wasn't even looking for it
...and you dare call yourself an avatar fan.

and it kind of popped up right in front of my face
same here.

while I was grocery shopping at Albertsons.
Wal-Mart for me.

They had plenty of copies,
Wal-Mart had more.

and they were in incredibly good shape.
Of the finest quality.

That's coming from me; where books (and now mags) are concerned I am very persnickety about keeping their condition as perfect as possible, it's one of the only areas I'm meticulously, completely and compulsively protective. (:
Wow. You're anal.

As for the content, the parts that were new were interesting (but very little was new) and the recap was fun, if simple.  It was super cool that the small blurb on each of the nations came straight from Iroh's speech in Bitter Work!
Agreed. Indeed.

And the creators' interview was short, but sweet.  I can conclusively say that if they had gone the robo-momo route, I would almost certainly never have watched even a full episode.
Wow. You're anal.

Robot pets--*shudder*
Make way for the future, pal.

But it Azula's little bio it said she can't control her temper--when have we ever seen evidence of that?
Wow. You're anal.

*Edited for grammar and to add a phrase.

I don't know if I'm deserving of that comment, but let me tell you that I am truly touched.
jakniclesin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

LIES!!!

jakniclesin@yahoo.com
« Reply #126 on: Sep 17, 2006 07:59 pm »

Previous post confuses me greatly.

Keeper of Toph's Manners.
Argyle Bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A tiny plaid bender's worst nightmare.

« Reply #127 on: Sep 17, 2006 08:11 pm »

I wasn't even looking for it
...and you dare call yourself an avatar fan.

Not merely a fan, but a fully-fledged Avatard.

They had plenty of copies,
Wal-Mart had more.

and they were in incredibly good shape.
Of the finest quality.
Yeah?  Well...your mom's face! *feels intellectually superior*

That's coming from me; where books (and now mags) are concerned I am very persnickety about keeping their condition as perfect as possible, it's one of the only areas I'm meticulously, completely and compulsively protective. (:
Wow. You're anal.
Damn straight.

And the creators' interview was short, but sweet.  I can conclusively say that if they had gone the robo-momo route, I would almost certainly never have watched even a full episode.
Wow. You're anal.

Robot pets--*shudder*
Make way for the future, pal.

Keep your Jimmy Neutron futuristic scenarios.  In the true future world of 1984 tyranny, I shall crush you and any robotic prosimians you care to harbor with the iron fist of oppression. *cackles*  For now, with my limited power as a connoisseur of cartoons, I shall retain my right to avoid clichéd robotic companions a la Goddard.

But it Azula's little bio it said she can't control her temper--when have we ever seen evidence of that?
Wow. You're anal.
Any self-respecting Avatar fan could point out more minute discrepancies than that.  It's part of fandom's duty to do the totally pointless work of pointing out utterly insignificant inaccuracies.

*Edited for grammar and to add a phrase.

I don't know if I'm deserving of that comment, but let me tell you that I am truly touched.

To quote Aang:  Who-the-what-now?
Opal Koboi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fools rush in where lemurs fear to look

« Reply #128 on: Sep 17, 2006 09:05 pm »

Green Lizard - please check out the rules of this forum, especially the first one.

Now let's get back on topic, the avatar Magazine and it's many splendors.

iijyanaika
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

미 안 해 요~

ejyanaika@hotmail.com iijyanaika
« Reply #129 on: Sep 17, 2006 09:25 pm »

hey everyone!!!

look at pg 37, where it shows cards from the quickstrike. one of the cards characters, is called "malu" she/he is holding an airbender staff and is wearing the clothes as well!!!!!!!!!!!

the card states that the person is an ally......

Wikipedia already has a whole page about her.

wikipedia is NOT a legit source of information. if you ask any college professor, i bet they'll laugh in your face.

but heck any info is better than nothing right now Smiley~

at the con they talked about the eastern and western air temples having ladies, whereas the north and south had the males <Shocked craziness.

~nobody watches someone walking away, without wanting to be with them~
jakniclesin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

LIES!!!

jakniclesin@yahoo.com
« Reply #130 on: Sep 18, 2006 04:50 am »

The only legit information on Malu is on the card by upperdeck entertainment so I don't know how wiki can have a whole page devoted to her, with only a couple sentences of legit stuff.

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #131 on: Sep 18, 2006 07:11 am »

I didn't expect my country's bookstore to have the magazine so soon. I was waiting for it to come let's say at the end of the month? Anyway, I happened to be at the magazine section of the bookstore and I saw 5 copies (very little I know) which were wrapped in plastic, being displayed. I went "Oh my goodness!" and grabbed it. My mum was giving me strange looks 'cos I was beaming with joy.

So yes, the magazine. I wanted to have the interview with the creators to be more well, longer and more in-depth? Also, I was a bit sad that it was the only interview on the whole magazine(?)

Sokka the Avatar comic was quite a good laugh by the way. Was quite amused by the descriptions they gave each character in their bios. For example, the heading for Fire Lord Ozai was "A Bad Dad" and Azula's was "A Royal Pain". I went 'hmm...'

Anyway, I can't wait for the next edition, if there is one.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
ahmadz2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Rasengan

ahmadpittman@hotmail.com ahmadz2 dbzahmablue
« Reply #132 on: Sep 18, 2006 04:34 pm »

In the Magazine on page 3 about Katara when it says: ''A fortune-teller predicted that Katara's true love is a very powerful bender. Will it be the Avatar, or will fate lead her in another, more fiery direction.''

Could this be some way of showing us that Katara might end up with Zuko Huh Also check out page 26 on the game MAKING CONNECTIONS

jakniclesin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

LIES!!!

jakniclesin@yahoo.com
« Reply #133 on: Sep 18, 2006 06:45 pm »

Nah, it's just Mike and Bryan toying with the fans. They seem to like to do that.

Rawles
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

sorry. i'm fresh out of the ability to care.

SheWhoHathAPen
« Reply #134 on: Sep 18, 2006 11:48 pm »

Technically, it's not even Mike and Bryan, it's some dude freelancing for Nick Magazine who wrote the bios.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that their way of showing us that Katara might end up with Zuko would be by...putting some hint of Zuko/Katara in the actual show. Not through random fanservice in a magazine.

LATEST FIC (10/5/07): Something Like It (G. Mai, Azula.)
Spilled in Beside Her (PG-13. Mai, Zuko.)
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #135 on: Sep 19, 2006 12:35 am »

Technically, it's not even Mike and Bryan, it's some dude freelancing for Nick Magazine who wrote the bios.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that their way of showing us that Katara might end up with Zuko would be by...putting some hint of Zuko/Katara in the actual show. Not through random fanservice in a magazine.
I feel pretty confidant that even though the magazine was outsourced, Nickelodeon and the Creators were involved.

Zukofan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #136 on: Sep 19, 2006 05:47 am »

^Let's hope so.

Back to something someone said (wow, that came out good...I guess that's what you get for staying up all night)...about the Azula bio: that's the only thing I could find that I had a problem with.  I haven't seen any evidence of her not being able to controll her temper; have you?
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2006 10:10 am by Zukofan » Logged
Rawles
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

sorry. i'm fresh out of the ability to care.

SheWhoHathAPen
« Reply #137 on: Sep 19, 2006 08:27 am »

I feel pretty confidant that even though the magazine was outsourced, Nickelodeon and the Creators were involved.

I'm not saying they weren't involved. I'm just saying it's not like it came straight from their mouths. Much like the fairly inaccurate statement that Azula can't control her temper (a key point of Azula's character is her sociopathy and her ability to be emotionless, cold, and precise; see also: Iroh's explanation of her lighteningbending in Bitter Work) didn't come straight from their mouths.

I also take comfort in the fact that the very bad puns didn't come from them either.

LATEST FIC (10/5/07): Something Like It (G. Mai, Azula.)
Spilled in Beside Her (PG-13. Mai, Zuko.)
Zukofan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #138 on: Sep 19, 2006 10:14 am »

I liked the very bad puns!  They made me laugh. Smiley
Argyle Bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A tiny plaid bender's worst nightmare.

« Reply #139 on: Sep 19, 2006 01:06 pm »

^Same here.  "Liquid Asset" for Katara...hee hee.  That was my favorite.
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« Reply #140 on: Sep 20, 2006 07:28 pm »

Nickelodeon got back to me on our questions regarding distribution of the magazine in the US and abroad. I've posted this information in an update on the mainsite.
faheezy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #141 on: Sep 20, 2006 07:36 pm »

thats pretty good news, cus i went on a hunt myself. and i'm up in nashville with no car, just at college and i decided to walk to borders, eckerds, towers videos, cvs, and wallgreens and NO ONE HAD IT! i am very unhappy

Nandireya
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The pouty Disillusioned Water Tribe Tot

« Reply #142 on: Sep 21, 2006 07:34 am »

Back to something someone said (wow, that came out good...I guess that's what you get for staying up all night)...about the Azula bio: that's the only thing I could find that I had a problem with.  I haven't seen any evidence of her not being able to controll her temper; have you?

In The Avatar State when she was bending lightening she got pretty ticked when she had one hair out of place:

Azula: 'Almost' isn't good enough!

Not a patch on her big brother's anger management problems though...of course she doesn't have his reasons to be totally ticked off with the world in general...

The Road Less Travelled Duty
Keeps Zuko's Path to Redemption and "I'm Never Happy"
toast
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #143 on: Sep 21, 2006 10:23 am »

It was easy to find for me, I saw like nine while picking up some stuff at Albertsons. I enjoyed the comics the most, mainly the 'Sokka the Avatar' one, and the last panel of the one with Katara and the waterfight. Brilliance.

The rest of the comic was okay, as it was mainly superficial repeated information. My brother and sister loved it though and since they're essentially the intended audience, kudos to Nick magazine.

Everytime I think I'm wrong, I realize I'm mistaken.
Oblivion
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I believe in Obby Dent.

« Reply #144 on: Sep 25, 2006 12:30 pm »

I CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE IVE LOOKED ALL OVER THE PLACE!

I ship EndlessOblivion and MelodicOblivion. Do you? <3
Kaits
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

No more school for you young man! *strokes beard*

« Reply #145 on: Sep 28, 2006 03:53 am »

I bought 2. 1 to read over and over again. And 1 to cut up and cover my music binder in.

I think my favortie part were the comics. Especially the rough rhinos. XD

Keeper of:The Boulder's autograph, Sokka's special knot, Azula's out-of-place hair, and Professer Zei's diploma.
Sig by Avatar_Mom.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC1qkLn6IRI
Sonri7
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Speak, even when your voice shakes

« Reply #146 on: Sep 28, 2006 01:41 pm »

Oh yes, I loved the comics. "Sokka the Avatar," could've been a real episode, a really funny one!

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can touch the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginningless time, darkness thrives in the void, but always yields to purifying light."
Isidorios
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Desty Nova Avatar and Sig by Darathor

« Reply #147 on: Sep 28, 2006 02:12 pm »

I too wouldve preferred more insights from the creators and cast. could've lived with less cartoons, but it IS a kids magazine. very nice art in the non cartoon avatar sections.

The dispensation of Nature is such that the very act of Living and Doing is to its very core, awash with Evil.
 If you cannot accept this fact, the world is impossible to live in, as it is for Poets
Amy_for_airbending
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #148 on: Sep 28, 2006 04:03 pm »

i saw it at shaws and i wanted to read it but my mom was rushing me.

im like sokka in that picture

*keeper of: Appa's fur, Mai's dark makeup, Toph's flying boar, Toph's metalbending
jakniclesin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

LIES!!!

jakniclesin@yahoo.com
« Reply #149 on: Sep 28, 2006 06:02 pm »

Oh yes, I loved the comics. "Sokka the Avatar," could've been a real episode, a really funny one!

Yeah it was the best comic in there. It wouldn't be a bad filler episode.

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: