Nov 14, 2019 10:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xhao and the Airbenders.  (Read 2728 times)
Warrior Born
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Sep 01, 2006 08:53 pm »

I was just watching The Blue Spirit episode of Avatar and I got to the part where Xhao was talking to Aang about the Airbenders. Xhao: "Do you miss your people?" *Aang looks down in sadness* Xhao: "Oh don't worry. You won't be killed like they were." I the Airbenders being killed is common knowledge (especially for the Fire Nation) but the way Xhao spoke, it sounded to me like he was involved some how. I mean let's look at the facts: He was the one who set ablaze Wuan-Chi-Tung's Fire Nation section of his {the owl's} library (according to Xhao and the owl) which would explain how the Fire Nation found the Airbenders. This all happened before the events of Avatar. Call me crazy but I think Xhao had something to do with the Airbender's extinction.

I live to fight and I fight to live.
ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Kataang shipper to the end!

« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2006 08:55 pm »

I don't think that Zhao is that old, he's only in his late 30's early 40's at the most... So why would he have anything to do with the massacre of the airbenders?

Banner made by me, do not steal! If you want to use it, ask me first.

Join my site! Avatar Dream (New custom skin up!)
Tananda
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av by omgasp

Michelle+es+FAG
« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2006 08:58 pm »

I don't know. That guy seems capable of anything. Maybe he uses Katara's special seaweed lotion as a moisturizer to keep lookin' young?

Grin

Quadgurl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Zutarian queen at your service-o

« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2006 09:02 pm »

I don't know. That guy seems capable of anything. Maybe he uses Katara's special seaweed lotion as a moisturizer to keep lookin' young?

Grin

Lol!! Cheesy

No, I think that he isn't that old. Tongue He probably just knows about how the airbenders died.

Sokaang + Zutara = My Avatar ships Grin
Join the zutarian-empire today! http://zutarian-empire.deviantart.com
Warrior Born
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Sep 01, 2006 09:25 pm »

Aww crud. I forgot that the Airbenders's extinction happened a hundred years ago. I also forgot that Aang was 112 (he certainly doesn't look it). Man. Just when I thought I solved the mystery of the Airbenders I was thwarted by a technicality. Don't I look (or sound as the case may be) like an idiot

Tananda
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av by omgasp

Michelle+es+FAG
« Reply #5 on: Sep 01, 2006 09:29 pm »

Nahh we all make theory guesses that don't make sense sometimes. Think of this as a learning experience. Tongue

Warrior Born
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Sep 01, 2006 09:51 pm »

*sigh* Well back to the drawing board. How do you guys think the Fire Nation got hold of the Airbenders?

Tananda
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av by omgasp

Michelle+es+FAG
« Reply #7 on: Sep 01, 2006 09:56 pm »

Quote from: Wikipedia
Afiko, an elder Airbender monk of the Southern Air Temple, grew jealous when his peers announced Aang's identity as the Avatar. Envious, he turned traitor and revealed the temple's location to the Fire Nation. They stormed the temple and slaughtered the other monks, but were too late to catch Aang, who had run away from home shortly before. Afiko was instrumental in engineering the genocide of his fellow Air Nomads, earning a place as Fire Lord Sozin's close adviser. The traitorous monk died long before Aang's return, and the subsequent undermining of all Afiko's work.

The story of Afiko's betrayal may be a tribute to the famous story of the destruction of the Southern Shaolin Temple in Fujian, China, where a monk collaborated with the Qing Dynasty's Manchurian army to infiltrate the temple, destroying it and slaughtering its residents.

Link

As for the other air temples, no clue. Undecided The Northern Air Temple is in the Earth Kingdom, apparently, so maybe their location was obvious. And the Eastern Air Temple is closer to the Fire Nation than any, they could have been easy to find as well.

ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Kataang shipper to the end!

« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2006 12:04 pm »

I wonder how they got up those mountains? Oh, maybe those tanks we saw in "The Northern Air Temple?"

Banner made by me, do not steal! If you want to use it, ask me first.

Join my site! Avatar Dream (New custom skin up!)
MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #9 on: Sep 02, 2006 09:24 pm »

Zhao was far too young to have been involved in their genocide.  He might have had a grandfather who was personally involved, though.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population
Gamabunta
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Frog boss

« Reply #10 on: Sep 02, 2006 10:02 pm »

I wonder how they got up those mountains? Oh, maybe those tanks we saw in "The Northern Air Temple?"

Grand theft flying bison

That or the tanks, who knows.
Nandireya
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The pouty Disillusioned Water Tribe Tot

« Reply #11 on: Sep 03, 2006 02:40 am »

Dragons...Roku used to fly about on a dragon...Appa's not the only flying bison we've seen...the Fire Nation have, or at least had, dragons...

The Road Less Travelled Duty
Keeps Zuko's Path to Redemption and "I'm Never Happy"
ahmadz2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Rasengan

ahmadpittman@hotmail.com ahmadz2 dbzahmablue
« Reply #12 on: Sep 03, 2006 09:43 am »

i forgot about those that could be why their all dead

jakniclesin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

LIES!!!

jakniclesin@yahoo.com
« Reply #13 on: Sep 03, 2006 10:21 am »

I doubt everyday soldiers could ride dragons, and I doubt there were enough to provide a ride for the numbers that an invasion of the air temple would require. They maybe just climbed up during the night or something, and took out the nomads early in the morning while they were not quite up. I believe that if the airbenders saw a ton of dragons with firebenders attacking they wouldn't just hang tight, they'd let loose some airbending and blow them off course. Even the tanks Aang could flip with airbending, and I don't care who you are but if you're a firebender falling a thousand feet it a ton of rotating steel sent spinning by a massive blast of air, you're toast, no pun intended.
The fire nation had to get their soldiers in quietly and quickly, or they couldn't take out the monks.

Keeper of Toph's Manners.
Tananda
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av by omgasp

Michelle+es+FAG
« Reply #14 on: Sep 03, 2006 11:34 am »

Maybe there was a back door.

Grin

jakniclesin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

LIES!!!

jakniclesin@yahoo.com
« Reply #15 on: Sep 03, 2006 11:34 am »

ROFL

Keeper of Toph's Manners.
Extraordinary Lauren
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Sep 03, 2006 12:45 pm »

It's really sad when you think of it. All the airbenders dying. I think Aang will have another Avatar State moment if he finds out grueling details or possible use that pain to help fuel him against the Fire Lord. The Genocide is like WWII and very sad. They do put good morals behind this storyline I think.

Keeper of Iroh's Jasmine Tea, Iroh's Tea Recipes, and The Eastern Air Temple.
Nandireya
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Sep 03, 2006 05:52 pm »

I doubt everyday soldiers could ride dragons, and I doubt there were enough to provide a ride for the numbers that an invasion of the air temple would require. They maybe just climbed up during the night or something, and took out the nomads early in the morning while they were not quite up. I believe that if the airbenders saw a ton of dragons with firebenders attacking they wouldn't just hang tight, they'd let loose some airbending and blow them off course. Even the tanks Aang could flip with airbending, and I don't care who you are but if you're a firebender falling a thousand feet it a ton of rotating steel sent spinning by a massive blast of air, you're toast, no pun intended.
The fire nation had to get their soldiers in quietly and quickly, or they couldn't take out the monks.

You're probably right...I just want to see dragons!

Maybe...if there's not many of them...they're a royalty thing?  Zuko and the gAang arrive in the Fire Nation...a huge scaly monster comes charging up to them...everybody drops into bending/fighting stances, except Zuko who throws his arms around its neck and happily yells "Tomodachi*!" while it licks his face like an over-sized puppy...

It could happen...he can't be Mr Broody-Pants all the time...can he...?
_______

* Japanese for 'friend'...at least according to my Japanese/English dictionary...

Tananda
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av by omgasp

Michelle+es+FAG
« Reply #18 on: Sep 03, 2006 07:39 pm »

You're probably right...I just want to see dragons!

Maybe...if there's not many of them...they're a royalty thing?  Zuko and the gAang arrive in the Fire Nation...a huge scaly monster comes charging up to them...everybody drops into bending/fighting stances, except Zuko who throws his arms around its neck and happily yells "Tomodachi*!" while it licks his face like an over-sized puppy...

It could happen...he can't be Mr Broody-Pants all the time...can he...?
_______

* Japanese for 'friend'...at least according to my Japanese/English dictionary...

Oh my god.

Dear Mike and Bryan,
I've got this great scene idea I want you to hear about... Grin

Nandireya
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Sep 03, 2006 07:55 pm »

Oh my god.

Dear Mike and Bryan,
I've got this great scene idea I want you to hear about... Grin

It's kinda inspired me to indulge in a little fanart...if only my artistic skills weren't so crappy...

Aang would probably grin from ear to ear and want to ride it...Sokka would have to remind him that they're in enemy territory and that they're trying to keep a very low profile...flying around on the back of a huge fire-breathing monster would certainly not be a good idea...

Warrior Born
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Sep 03, 2006 11:06 pm »

So! With a Dragon on your side who needs low profile! XD

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: