Aug 20, 2019 07:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vengeful Prince  (Read 2255 times)
EndlessFlame55
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Riddle Me This, Riddle Me That~

« on: Aug 28, 2006 11:30 pm »

I settled down last night and re-watched The Chase, even though I have many mixed emotions with this episode. Re-watching up to the point of where Iroh was shot, I felt no differences from this episode, but when I did reach that scene, I saw that when Iroh was attacked by Azula, that Zuko was the first to watch him fall. And the first to strike Azula. His fire left his fist first, then only after which, the others attacked with their elements. Zuko's breakdown by Iroh's side let many hidden emotions flow through his body language. It may not be clear to most people, but it was to me, because I like looking past their outer emotions toward their inner.

Zuko felt that he failed again, that he wasn't strong enough to prevent this from happening to his Uncle. As the Gaang approached them both, Zuko knew he couldn't let this become worst, he allowed himself to try and protect Iroh from his enemy, although they had helped, they were still his enemy's. Zuko knew nothing of Katara's healing ability's. He never seen her use it. Her saying that she could help him, meant nothing to Zuko, he didn't what she meant by that statement. His mind let his body strike them, driving them back. Fully leaving him to dwell in his despair, and let him tend to Iroh's injures himself.

Now as I re-watched Bitter Work, again I saw some slight inner emotions in Zuko, but I saw more change then emotions. especailly from the line,

"So Uncle, I've been thinking. It's only a matter of time before I run into Azula again. I'm going to need to know more advanced firebending if I want to stand a chance against her."

Azula was the first thing Zuko spoke of when Iroh awoke, telling him that his sister did it to him. I saw that when Iroh was teaching his nephew about the four elements. His voice when he was saying, "All this four elements talk sounds like Avatar stuff." was much softer then normal. Especially when speaking of the Avatar. At that time his mind wasn't on Aang, or the fact that he helped them in the last battle. His mind was on Azula, learning advanced moves to bring her down. That was his only thought.

Zuko's breakdown upon that mountain peek wasn't just venting, or just wanting to be struck down by lightning. He was screaming toward fate for everything that had happened to him, as though it was his sister. (Or on another note, his father) He knew that they both had destroyed his life, and left him nothing but pain because of it. All his emotion's that were trapped inside of him, was finally let out. I know that some people here are calling Zuko some unlikable titles here. Just for that scene, but I found it a large change in characteristics for him.

Although the point I'm getting at lays in the upcoming episodes, I agree with him on that point that it is only a matter of time before Zuko faces Azula once again. Yet I'm quite sure things will be different, once he finds her again. He will be full of hate, more then usually. It's possible that the Prince will go wild toward his sister, for what she had done, Zuko never had the chance to do it last time, since too many things happened at all once, and all too quickly. If Zuko will be alone with Azula for their battle between siblings. He will be filled with rage, and hate toward her, leaving him once more blinded to her movements. (Look back at The Avatar State.) 'Though, he may have learned from that mistake, and be more adaptable to her moves, causing him to possible get an advance. Which may allow him to win the battle.

We've seen how Zuko acts under stress, hate and rage, toward many different people. Admiral Zhao is a good example. Zhao took his crew to find the Avatar before him, to prevent him from ever coming home again, and going as far as to have almost killed him. Zuko hid on his ship, to follow him and steal Aang back from him. When they finally met again at the Northern Water Tribe. We saw that Zuko didn't hold back his anger at him at all. He was bold, and unleashed everything he had on Zhao. He wanted him to pay for what he did. And Zhao pretty much did. But this is very different. Zhao tried to kill him, not his Uncle. Azula did. His love for Iroh caused much more angry and hate to build him inside of him. Zuko wanted Zhao to pay for his near death. I think Zuko wants Azula to bleed for what she did to Iroh.

Yes, yes, before you say anything, I know it's a faint possibility that Zuko will win against his sister. But look at his past battle's. How his rage, and anger was his best power to win. Although Azula, being filled with hate, and being more powerful then her brother, may very well not cause much of a different. And with that foreshadowing in Bitter Work, with the "You must not let the lightning pass through your heart, for the damage could be deadly." line from Iroh, I'm actually quite frightened for Zuko to battle his sister again, but I'm also wanting it to happen sooner. Because I would love to see how Zuko would fight her. Since now that he has a new main mission. Taking her down, and avenging his uncle's injures.

~People's theories on this are always welcome.[/b]~
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2006 01:23 am by EndlessFlame55 » Logged

*~*ASN's Queen of Bromance*~* (Tumblr link in siggy. <3)

Keeper of: The 'Iroh Is Zuko's Father' theory, and the Irko reunion scene.
(I love these boys with my whole entire heart~)
ahmadz2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Rasengan

ahmadpittman@hotmail.com ahmadz2 dbzahmablue
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2006 07:50 am »

Yeah Zuko could might possible win a battle aganist his sister I say more towards the end of season 2. The thing is Zuko's a powerful firebneder he has to learn how to use he's emotion rage, angry, pain to his advantages when fighting Azula. Like in Zuko Alone when fighting that earthbender when he got knocked out a small memory of his mother allowed him to get back up on his feet and that's when he started to use firebending aganist him. I can't wait intill Azula strikes Zuko with lightning and Zuko uses the Lightning direct technique on her I'm going love that look on Azula's face. lol Cheesy Grin

Tananda
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av by omgasp

Michelle+es+FAG
« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2006 12:24 pm »

I don't know. Living in Ba Sing Se undercover makes it so that Zuko can't practice as often as he did in season one. I'm hoping they find a place with a stone basement or something so that Zuko can continue his training and whatnot. Otherwise, he might actually lose some of his moves by the end of season two, rather than gain.

MeatAndSarcasm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mei Ling :3

« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2006 01:37 pm »

Well I personally hope Zuko defeats Azula, but im not really sure if hes realized to his stomach other than his muscles, maybe he should sit down and finish his roast duck or something, in training you can tell that he is concentrated in the beggining and as soon as he is ready to use an element, it explodes in his face.

With Iroh's help Zuko could defeat Azula but we can only wait till Ba Sing Se.

Ive always been a fan of Zuko, and I'll always believe that he can beat Azula.

My first girlfriend turned into the moon. Owner of Katara\'s Water-brella
Darmani
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Maigano
« Reply #4 on: Aug 29, 2006 02:38 pm »

Zuko is saying to himself he's mature.  But he is not.  Not yet.  However realizing he needs to improve and taking actions of deference and patience, however short, *is* an improvement of character.

As to Azula...afte THREE years of no contact she read everyone of his moves and toyed with him on the boat.  The only reason he's alive now is because of Iroh.  Azula uses everything. Relentlessness, lies, cruelty, feints, all that matters is power and victory.  She can keep her mind disturbingly clear in the middle of complicated events to use lightning.  He isn't fighting a person.  He's fighting a weapon.  A weapon that desires its own glory and his loss.

I think he needs to resolve his issues with Azula BEFORE he fights with her.  Maybe then he will see all the options and can defeat her, just not in a straight up fist to fist blast.  He needs to stop competing in the way she wants to outmatch her and just beat her.

I don't think he can do that because he never gives up and changing methods... for him... is giving up.

Darmani promises not to use "CANON" if Zutarians don't use "DESTINY"
I want a Book Air, Avatar Pen and Paper RPG, and *good* near free-form action video game. I also want a pony.
CannedBean
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Aug 29, 2006 02:53 pm »

i would LOVE to see zuko kick azula's butt! i think that in the desert, he was a lot better than he was before when they were fighting those rhino people

i think he can do lightning when he really needs to...well i don't THINK i KNOW he can do it (i'm talking like he's real)

lord of fire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Aug 29, 2006 10:15 pm »

Fear leads to anger.
Anger leads to hate.
hate leads to darkside.

Your hate will make you strong.
trustno1
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Aug 29, 2006 10:20 pm »

Fear leads to anger.
Anger leads to hate.
hate leads to darkside.

Yeah Palpatine's philosophy kicks ass.

As Ozai most probably will be defeated by Aang and the series has more and more developed from being only centered on the Avatar to being centered on Zuko AND Aang simultaneously, chances are high that Zuko will kick Azula's ass at the end of season 3.
Rosefire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

erosegem
« Reply #8 on: Aug 29, 2006 10:21 pm »

And with that foreshadowing in Bitter Work, with the "You must not let the lightning pass through your heart, for the damage could be deadly." line from Iroh, I'm actually quite frightened for Zuko to battle his sister again, but I'm also wanting the battle to happen sooner. Because I would love to see how Zuko would fight her. With Zuko having his new main mission. Taking her down, and avenging his uncle's injures.

I absolutely admire that quote of Iroh for its literal message. He's saying that to control lightning requires a reflection of personal ethics and values, not just power. An arrogant person who uses untamed lightning destroys his soul, not just his body. (Jeong Jeong made the same theory with fire in "The Deserter".)

Azula probably doesn't know half of what she is getting into by using lightning so frequently. As Iroh said, she is cold, bloodthirsty, and devoid of emotions. She doesn't even have much of a heart left to protect.

Zuko, on the other hand, has a conscience and a good heart. We saw him get beaten up just to save one boy's life in "Zuko Alone" and instead of lashing out at those ungrateful citizens after rescuing Lee's sorry ass, he quietly packs up and leaves. His responsibilities to his people and failures of capturing Aang also cause him to be full of conflicting emotions. But while they are the cause of his "inner turmoil" they are also his source of love and energy.

I think we're all anticipating him to start on the lightning but with so many questions inside, it's going to take some time for Zuko to know what he really wants. We know he wants his throne, but at what cost? Would he kill innocent people to get it? And just what does he think of the Avatar now--a pesky foe or worthy fighter? Let's not forget Zuko's upcoming encounter with Jet. I think the Fire Prince himself will have to teach that misguided "Freedom Fighter" a thing or two about picking the right battles to fight. If he can channel his emotions into a higher purpose, then Zuko will be definitely on par-and even supersede-his sister. Azula has had no obstacles in her life. Zuko has had many and overcome them. His experiences may be his very foil into taking her down just like Iroh said.

"And in other news, there's too much violins on TV." -Gilda Radner
trustno1
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Aug 29, 2006 10:27 pm »

As Zuko develops more and more through this season, I really have the feeling, that he could turn out to be a fantastic lightning bender, once he learns to control his emotions.
Tananda
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av by omgasp

Michelle+es+FAG
« Reply #10 on: Aug 30, 2006 12:07 am »

As Zuko said himself, "I've always had to struggle and fight and that's made me strong. It's made me who I am."

I agree that he's going to become a lightning bender sooner or later, and I think it's one of those things where in order to overcome his failures, he's going to need a taste of success.

As for the line, "You must not let the lightning pass through your heart, for the damage could be deadly," Wouldn't it be awesome if it was foreshadowing Azula's downfall? During her and Zuko's show down (because we know there's going to be one), he's going to be shooting her own lighting back at her. What happens if she tries to copy Iroh's rechanneling move without knowing about the heart? Pretty trippy, huh?

lord of fire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Aug 30, 2006 12:26 am »

Palpatine's philosophy might be good or bad for Zuko. if Zuko at peace he might beet Azula.
jakniclesin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

LIES!!!

jakniclesin@yahoo.com
« Reply #12 on: Aug 31, 2006 06:40 pm »

Palpatine? Like Star Wars senator Palpatine? Huh confused...

Keeper of Toph's Manners.
Jord
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Walking On Broken Glass

« Reply #13 on: Aug 31, 2006 06:59 pm »

How do you exactly know she "killed" Iroh? Or did she? I haven't seen much of the episodes past "The Chase."

I am waiting for Zuko to fight Azula again. I think his rage will cause him to lose control, but still be able to win. Maybe Azula will just keep getting Zuko mad until he can't take it anymore, and just fight without thinking. I doubt that's the case, though.

I guess we'll just need to see what happens.
jakniclesin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

LIES!!!

jakniclesin@yahoo.com
« Reply #14 on: Aug 31, 2006 07:00 pm »

How do you exactly know she "killed" Iroh? Or did she?
Nah she didn't kill him.

Keeper of Toph's Manners.
lord of fire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Aug 31, 2006 09:41 pm »

yea. senator Palpatine?
Fear leads to anger.
Anger leads to hate.
hate leads to darkside.

Nandireya
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The pouty Disillusioned Water Tribe Tot

« Reply #16 on: Sep 01, 2006 02:16 am »

I'd like to see a Yoda/Dooku moment...her hurling lightening at him...him catching it, holding it for a moment while glaring menacingly at her WTF? expression, before sending it right back at her Cheesy

The Road Less Travelled Duty
Keeps Zuko's Path to Redemption and "I'm Never Happy"
lord of fire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Sep 01, 2006 03:04 am »

yea.i can wait for bewteen Ozai and Aang. would it be Yoda/Palpatine moment.
« Last Edit: Sep 01, 2006 03:25 am by lord of fire » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: