Oct 15, 2019 12:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate this episode:
10 - 737 (79.7%)
9 - 123 (13.3%)
8 - 49 (5.3%)
7 - 9 (1%)
6 - 5 (0.5%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 2 (0.2%)
Total Voters: 898

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [310 & 311] The Invasion & The Eclipse  (Read 93512 times)
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #975 on: Jun 20, 2010 06:08 pm »

I'm certain we'll get some interesting pop-ups this week on Avatar Extras.

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
Mooseboy018
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"Good morning."

« Reply #976 on: Jun 21, 2010 01:33 am »

The Eclipse

positives:
-Zuko confronting Ozai
-Zuko admitting that Iroh has been more of a father to him than Ozai Grin
-the epic "to be continued" feeling at the end
-Iroh busting  himself out of prison Cool
-Zuko finally redirecting lighting (and at Ozai)
-Aang feeling like he failed again Cry
-the war balloons finally reappearing
-Azula's taunting
-Azula's Dai Li bodyguards

negatives:
-no build up to the whole Suki thing... Huh
-Hue being perfectly fine after a bomb exploded inside his seaweed suit Undecided
-It was too obvious that they were going to fail since it's not the end of the series, but I guess there wasn't much they could do about that. Tongue

rating: 10

my Last Airbender comics
keeper of: Koh's creepy voice, his laugh, and his three minutes of screen-time.
VinHikaru
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #977 on: Jul 15, 2010 07:02 pm »

I saw this episode for the first time on Netflix and really enjoyed both parts. Azula is so deliciously evil! It was also great to see a lot of characters from the first and second seasons come back. I had been waiting for a large reunion of sorts and was surprised they chose to have it so early. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series!
avastarr21
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Elements of Life

« Reply #978 on: Jul 17, 2010 01:56 pm »

Sokka's speech before the invasion was priceless. But really, I earned a lot more respect for zuko because he finally found what he was fighting for.

Keeper of 'Iroh's burning of the fire nation flag at the Earth Kingdom Palace in 321'
Keeper of 'Aang saving Zuko from the blizzard in 120'
Flame Champion Zhuge
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Eat your own sh*t!

« Reply #979 on: Jul 27, 2010 01:02 am »

the most memorable moments is Zuko's words to his father. such bravery. although sometime he dont know what he's talking about.

=================================
Zuko: I’m ready to face you.
Fire Lord Ozai: Prince Zuko, what are you doing here‌
Zuko: I’m here to tell the truth.
Fire Lord Ozai: Telling the truth during the middle of an eclipse. This should be interesting.
Zuko: First of all, in Ba Sing Se, it was Azula who took down the Avatar, not me.
Fire Lord Ozai: Why would she lie to me about that‌
Zuko: Because the Avatar is not dead. He survived.
Fire Lord Ozai: (alarmed) What‌!
Zuko: In fact, he probably is leading this invasion. He could be on us right now.
Fire Lord Ozai: (stands up and points, furious) Get out! Get out of my sight right now if you know what’s good for you.
Zuko: That’s another thing. I’m not taking orders from you anymore. << yeah! nice one!
Fire Lord Ozai: (seething with rage) You will obey me or this defiant breathe will be your last!
Zuko: Think again! I am going to speak my mind and you are going to listen. << finaly! go, Zuko!
Zuko: For so long, all I wanted was you to love me, to accept me. I thought it was my honor that I wanted but really, I was just trying to please you. You, my father, who banished me just for talking out of turn. (points a sword at Ozai) My father, who challenged me; a 13-year-old boy to an Agni Kai. How can you possibly justify a duel with a child‌ << ok. this will meant that Aang is still a child Cheesy
Fire Lord Ozai: It was to teach you respect.
Zuko: It was cruel! And it was wrong. << Yea!! make him swalloed lava!
Fire Lord Ozai: Then you have learned nothing.
Zuko: No, I’ve learnt everything! And I had to learn it on my own. Growing up, we were taught that the Fire Nation was the greatest civilization in history and somehow, the war was our way of sharing our greatness with the rest of the world. What an amazing lie that was. The people of the world are terrified by the Fire Nation! They don’t see our greatness, they hate us! And we deserve it. We’ve created an era of fear in the world. And if we don’t want the world to destroy itself, we need to replace it with an era of peace and kindness.
Fire Lord Ozai: (laughs mocking) Your Uncle has gotten to you, hasn’t he‌
Zuko: (closes his eyes for a second) Yes. He has.

==========================================
hahaha... i have great time listening to Zuko speak his mind!
rate 10!
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2010 01:07 am by Flame Champion Zhuge » Logged

"Why am I so bad at being good?"

Iroh : "No... she's crazy. and she needs to go down"
MCDRaddictedrose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"Hey there, sweet sugar cakes."

« Reply #980 on: Aug 29, 2010 11:31 pm »

The Eclipse just wins for me.  So much.

In part, it's the end of The Invasion/beginning of The Eclipse, where Aang bursts into the palace... only to find it empty.
Then we recall that Kuei, waay back in The Guru, revealed to Azula the Day of Black Sun invasion plan.
It makes me feel a little bad for the invasion force, but that's what happens when you're up against...

Azula.  The Fire Nation Princess completely owns The Eclipse.  From keeping a stalemate without bending, to once it's revealed she's wasting time, taunting the person who wanted to leave into staying longer.... She's just epic.

Although it's a bit of a downer ending, in a TV series where most episodes end on a sickingly sweet note, it's a nice refresher.

Pokeymanz for now.
Keeper of Ty Lee's "Hey there, sweet sugar cakes.  How ya likin' this party?"
Falconfrost
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #981 on: Sep 27, 2010 09:52 am »

I personally consider this to be the turning point of the show.  Sure, I know, the real climax is when Aang soul-bends the firelord, but think about it.  In this episode, Aang and Katara finally kiss, Sokka steps up and leads the troops when his father in injured, and most importantly Zuko sticks it to his father and goes off to help Aang.  (I say most importantly because this is the only event that actually contributes the eventual saving of the world I mentioned.)

Zuko and Sokka- my unmatched favs!
Toph Bei Master
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Huge Avatar:TLA Fan, love the Avatar Universe

« Reply #982 on: Oct 16, 2010 01:14 pm »

I personally consider this to be the turning point of the show.  Sure, I know, the real climax is when Aang soul-bends the firelord, but think about it.  In this episode, Aang and Katara finally kiss, Sokka steps up and leads the troops when his father in injured, and most importantly Zuko sticks it to his father and goes off to help Aang.  (I say most importantly because this is the only event that actually contributes the eventual saving of the world I mentioned.)
Actually this the time where you actually get to see Aang show his love for Katara/same for Katara. They kissed in "The Cave of Two Lovers " episode.

The key to earthbending is your stance.
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #983 on: Oct 21, 2010 05:11 pm »

This is what you call perfection. I loved every single thing.

Keeper of Bumi's fashion sense, smile, metal coffin, and Jeong Jeong's raggedy robes, and candles.
Proud supporter of the Red Lotus
TTawhara
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

tonilisious@hotmail.com
« Reply #984 on: Oct 23, 2010 04:43 am »

I liked the 2nd part the most just because of Zuko's confrontation with Ozai, it was just UGH it was yeah just yeah..
divsalley
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Zuko fan!!!

« Reply #985 on: Oct 23, 2010 06:34 pm »

the most memorable moments is Zuko's words to his father. such bravery. although sometime he dont know what he's talking about.

Fire Lord Ozai: Telling the truth during the middle of an eclipse. This should be interesting.
Zuko: First of all, in Ba Sing Se, it was Azula who took down the Avatar, not me.
Zuko: In fact, he probably is leading this invasion. He could be on us right now.
Fire Lord Ozai: (stands up and points, furious) Get out! Get out of my sight right now if you know what’s good for you.
Zuko: That’s another thing. I’m not taking orders from you anymore. << yeah! nice one!
Fire Lord Ozai: (seething with rage) You will obey me or this defiant breathe will be your last!
Zuko: Think again! I am going to speak my mind and you are going to listen. << finaly! go, Zuko!
Zuko: For so long, all I wanted was you to love me, to accept me. I thought it was my honor that I wanted but really, I was just trying to please you. You, my father, who banished me just for talking out of turn. (points a sword at Ozai) My father, who challenged me; a 13-year-old boy to an Agni Kai. How can you possibly justify a duel with a child‌ << ok. this will meant that Aang is still a child Cheesy
Zuko: No, I’ve learnt everything! And I had to learn it on my own. Growing up, we were taught that the Fire Nation was the greatest civilization in history and somehow, the war was our way of sharing our greatness with the rest of the world. What an amazing lie that was. The people of the world are terrified by the Fire Nation! They don’t see our greatness, they hate us! And we deserve it. We’ve created an era of fear in the world. And if we don’t want the world to destroy itself, we need to replace it with an era of peace and kindness.

rate 10!

My sig will explain clearly why i LOVE this part of the episode.
I LOVE YOU, ZUKO!!! You FINALLY faced Ozai and TOTALLY stood your ground!
for me, this was the highlight of this episode
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2010 06:36 pm by divsalley » Logged

Keeper of Zuko's speech in 321, Zuko's future Firelord Portrait,
Zuko's Destiny, and Appa and Aang's reunion in 217
Thanks a ton for the Christmas present Iceeh!!!
Cheesy
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #986 on: Jan 01, 2011 08:26 pm »

I'm curious to know why the yu yen archer weren't utilized during the invasion. They would have eliminated a vast majority of the invasion force before they could reach the palace.

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #987 on: Jan 01, 2011 08:50 pm »

^It doesn't make sense that they weren't used, especially since the guy who runs them is a general now.  The Yu Yan Archers would be perfect because they don't use bending.

Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #988 on: Jan 01, 2011 08:52 pm »

Exactly my point, they would massacre the invasion force easily.

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #989 on: Jan 01, 2011 08:56 pm »

The only explenation I can come up with is that the fortress in the Blue Spirit is an important base which the Earth Kingdom would want to take.  That and with the airships, the Fire Nation felt confident they would win.  Great, now I'm immagining how awesome Yu Yan Archers on an airship would be.

Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #990 on: Jan 01, 2011 09:15 pm »

The only explenation I can come up with is that the fortress in the Blue Spirit is an important base which the Earth Kingdom would want to take. 
Strange, they pretty much had most of the earth kingdom Huh
That and with the airships, the Fire Nation felt confident they would win.
Maybe but haing the archer would eliminate the threat ASAP.
Great, now I'm immagining how awesome Yu Yan Archers on an airship would be.
It would be really awesome.

Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #991 on: Feb 21, 2011 07:19 pm »

Amazing episodes! Really the only thing to compete with them is The Boiling Rock and the Four Part Finale.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #992 on: Apr 08, 2011 06:54 pm »

rate 10!

I love Zuko, him confronting Ozai is one of the best scenes of the entire 61 episode series.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
version15
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #993 on: Dec 18, 2013 07:20 pm »

Best moments for me were Zukos confrontation with his father, and the airship reveal. The fire nation finally showed some strength.

Keeper of the Red Spirit, both the canon inspiration for the Blue Spirit and the real life title messup in the channel guides on TV
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #994 on: Dec 31, 2014 02:42 pm »

These were some great episodes. I loved the action and Zuko telling Ozai off. It was about darn time that he did. The big reveal with the blimps paid off really well. Though they looked way too futuristic for the time period in my opinion. I am, however, willing to forgive. After watching Korra, the technology level in this show does not really bother me at all. Azula was also fun to watch. She is just so cunning, as well as hilarious in a dark sort of way.

Lastly I like the role Sokka got in the episode, in many ways this was invasion was just as much his big moment as it was Aang's. So seeing him get to shine was very pleasing.
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: