Sep 15, 2019 10:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate this episode:
10 - 737 (79.7%)
9 - 123 (13.3%)
8 - 49 (5.3%)
7 - 9 (1%)
6 - 5 (0.5%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 2 (0.2%)
Total Voters: 898

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [310 & 311] The Invasion & The Eclipse  (Read 93092 times)
Unbridled Joy of Flight
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Nov 17, 2007 01:11 pm »

Description: With the day of the eclipse upon them, the kids - along with a rag-tag force of old friends - enact their long planned invasion of the Fire Nation.  As the invasion force fights their way to the Fire Nation capital, the kids help Aang to find the Fire Lord in time for the eclipse. But their are a few surprises.

As always, if you have seen the episode, post your thought here.  If you have not seen the episode, DO NOT post here.
« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2007 04:10 pm by Acastus » Logged
bonelid
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

mmsfredrikn@gmail.com
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2007 10:35 am »

I think this was the greatest two episodes ever.

The first kiss (that was real)

And above all: Zukos chatt with Ozai <3

(Oh, first! ^^)

Katara: You can't keep us here. Let us leave!
Bumi: Lettuce Leave?
Sokka: We're in serious trouble.
Snoopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2007 10:48 am »

These episodes are the reason I am an Avatard.   Mike and Bryan, I bow to thee.  Talk about epic!  The fight scenes were so frickin' amazing in these episodes description is beyond me.  I was blown away, literally on the edge of my seat the whole time.  And, as much as I love having Sokka as comic relief, seeing him lead the charge in these episodes and be so decisive was...*sigh*.  I was really, really proud of him.  As far as I'm concerned, Sokka, Aang and Zuko became men in these episodes.  All three of them rocked!

And Azula, oh Azula...she is the queen of scheme and mean!  I hate her duplicitous, psychotic behind and yet I LOVE her!!!  I wanted Aang to nail her so bad but at the same time I was cheering over the fact she was "too quick."  How is it that I managed to be both annoyed and elated by those scenes all at once?  Ahhhh!

Zuko redirecting that lightening...wow, but that wasn't even the best part of his confrontation with Ozai.  That was just icing.  The fact he went to face his father at all was a gutsy move period.  I can't possibly describe how proud I was of him when he went to his father.  But then when he was like, "I'm here to tell the truth and you're going to sit down and hear it," and he whipped out those swords I was like, "Go, boy!"  My respect for him soared unbelievably in those scenes.  And you know what?  Ozai sat back down like a trained puppy.  Yeah, that's right.

That's not to say I think Ozai is a punk though.  I'm kind of happy Aang didn't face him because...er...I've got a bad feeling he would have been seriously pwned.  Oy.  Aang definitely needs to beef up his training and learn some firebending if he's going to take that guy out.  The fact Ozai didn't even think twice when attempting to murder his own son...that's cold.

Frankly, I find Ozai to be a despicable character and I will be counting the episodes until he goes down.  While I wasn't surprised he used Ursa to manipulate Zuko into staying, I still found it to be an underhanded and heartless thing to do.  Unlike Azula, who I suspect has been conditioned by her father on some level and isn't necessarily wholly evil, there is no help for Ozai.  To quote my "one man army" Iroh, "He's crazy and he needs to go down."  (Side note:  How I wish they would have shown him schooling those guards.  That one with the fat, loud mouth sooo had it coming.)

Last but definitely not least, Aang kissed Katara, changed the nature of their relationship forever...and bounced.  I have no words for that except I cannot wait to see the fallout.  Oh yeah!

Unbelievable episodes!  Unbelievable!

Oh and Toph...she rules!  I'm so glad they added her to the group, too.
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2007 12:14 pm by Snoopy » Logged

Aang~ ...Being with Azula hurt me emotionally....and physically...  Oh Bryke, never change!

Avatar by Rekka No Ryo.  Ain't it purty?
yorokei
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I will not draw as I am told

« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2007 11:13 am »

For the very first time, I've given an episode a 10. The majority of that is for 311, which was simply an epic episode. It had great storytelling, beautiful animation and overall the designs were just gorgeous. My jaw dropped to the floor several times and I too was screaming at Azula when she mentioned Suki. My only remark is how useless Katara was during these episodes. It didn't feel like she was of great importance at all... but that could just be me.

So, this is one for the recordbooks! A solid A+!

my Toph fanfic!http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=3697.0

Weapon master of the Rasengan And the Venom Symbiote
Sumguy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Green Thunder= pwnage

« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2007 11:16 am »

absoloutely ten. So good it was almost perfect, Amazing action, convincing love, compelling storyline and a gripping end. Now we must weight excitedly for the second half of season 3. M and B have crafted a masterpiece. Also, OMG Suki has been mentioned!!!  Shocked and Toph breaking down that metal door was amazingly awesome.
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2007 11:18 am by Sumguy » Logged

I lolz in the face of evil

http://www.phpbb88.com/revival/viewtopic.php?p=5439&mforum=revival#5439

^ The Revival! A very funny and Random social forum! Join and prepare to enjoy yourself!
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

thank god

« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2007 11:17 am »

The kataang kiss = WOW. It's simple, straight to the point, and a sense of sadness in it. Aang is doing it as "in case I don't come back" thing. Katara certainly doesn't mind, Aang finally reveals his feelings for her after carrying it for fifty episodes, and I am a very happy fan.

Aang = I miss your bald head, buddy! And the way he broke those rocks with his feet fighting off that Dai Li as he twirled his staff and attempts to attack Azula! *dies fangirling*

Sokka = awesome. He is so totally doing the Aragorn in those episodes. I love his fanboyness with Toph's badassness. And when he cried when he found out about Suki, with Aang and Toph being totally sympathetic for him. T.T

Katara doesn't do much in this episode though. But I like her attempting to support Aang against those scary FN blimps.

Toph = Best thing ever. Seriously. I love how she broke that metal door.

Zuko stalks Aang again. <3 I missed that. Now I wonder how on earth is he going to fix that bridge he so willingly broke.

Azula deserved that Magnificent Bastard trope. True Fact. Even Toph is flabbergasted.

Haru and Teo became Gaang extras! I doubt they'd allow themselves to be dropped off and never be seen again, I mean they also left their dads too in the FN. The Duke is cute, I'm glad he made it too.

FINALLY, Ozai shows how evil he is. I was kind of thrown off when I first saw his face in The Awakening, but when he has that murderous look... wow. And Ursa's alive and she killed Azulon (and Azula wasn't lying in Zuko Alone)... o.0;

For that brief moment, I was actually scared for the swamp benders when those bombs landed on them, but when they show up virtually unscathed, I totally shouted "Thank God Avatar is a kid's show!!!". My heart wouldn't take it.
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2007 11:57 am by Avatar Yuffie » Logged

Be one with Mother Russia? Y/Y/tomatoes

iKeep: Love Amongst the Dragons; Zuko's obsession with Aang; Zuko's inner fire
kataang0708
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dutch

« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2007 11:22 am »

awesome!
and finally...the kataang kiss! Cheesy

Watch my Avatar fan video Grin <---contains spoilers from 312 till 315
SuchStrings
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source

« Reply #7 on: Nov 28, 2007 11:35 am »

As has been stated elsewhere, you've got to admire M&B for making this happen in the middle of the third season, instead of at the end.  The Kiss, Zuko moving to the light side, are all things that most hollywood movies leave for the last few moments.  Just think Star Wars.  Now we have ten glorious episodes to watch the fall out. 

The sheer epic win of this duel-episode is not even as epic as it will get folks!  This is just the teaser for the four episode finale that will melt our faces! 
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #8 on: Nov 28, 2007 11:48 am »

This episode is for now the best episode ever. (I am not one to just easily praise anything in the heat of moment) I say for now, because I expect the Finale movie to top it. But that is for another day.

The Day Of Black Sun Invasion finally happens, not surprisely to us, it didn't succeed. But I am glad it wasn't that big of a penalty as a thought. Not saying being imprision, is a picnic, but as Hakoda said, at least they are still alive. I thought and fear some of our friends would die.

The fighting was just great. The ground war, and indiminte fights between Aang / Sokka / Toph and Azula, Zuko and Ozai.

I saw a few things I wanted to see, like Azula and Toph, I wanted to see them really square off for a while, and I got my wish. And as I thought Azula beat the lie dectetor of Toph, because she has no considence, no quilt about lying. Speaking of Azula, nice to see her back to being the villain she was in season 2. Before the movie, in season 3 been reduced to just making fun of Zuko every episode.

I agree with you guys, they should have killed Azula when they had the chance. Without her Fire Bender, Toph or even Sokka could have taken her, and Aang could have gone after Ozai.

If I was Azula, I would have gone after the gAang when they were leaving the city, they were very valunable, but she choose to wait till they returned to her turf, the Fire Nation. But if the Fire Nation didn't make any mistakes, they would win.

Iroh busting out of jail, I thought it was good idea not to show that, leave that to the imagination.

Zuko confronting Ozai, I didn't think it would happen so soon, but I am glad. Zuko is going to be Aang's Fire Bending teacher, but I think it will take a few episodes for him to A ) catch up with the gAang and B) earn their trust, and Azula kind of made things more difficult for him, he can't just pass Toph's lie decetor, and everyone trust him. If I am the gAang, it is resonable to think Azula's great lying ability is a family trait. I doubt Zuko is going to join the gAang in episode 312, he would have joined in episode 311.

Let's not forget, what will Mai's reaction be to that note, I think she is going to looking for him, or hunting for him, is a better word. In any world, you do that to your girlfriend, she is going to be pissed off. Wouldn't surprise me, if she acted like it didn't bother her, and bottle it up for a few episodes.

And finally the kiss, I hate to say I told you so, but after I saw Nightmares And Daydreams I predict this would happen. Just like Zuko joining the gAang will take a few episode, Aang and Katara being a couple will take time. They have more immdiate things to think about, before they can focus on this.

11/ of 10
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2007 09:31 pm by fireywaters » Logged

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Georgie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

i love scowly vikings. :3

« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2007 11:49 am »

Amazing, simply amazing.
Every moment, every scene was fantasic and well-deserved of my 10 rating.
And I don't give them out easily.

The kiss was breath-taking. Not too cheesy, not to complex, but full of realistic emotion that made me a little teary-eyed. As did Aang's tears of Aangst at the end of 11. So much emotion, my chest nearly exploded. xD

The battle scenes were awesome and Zuzu's kickass throwing of the electricty back at his Pa was incredible! I did not realise he had mastered it. It was another tribute to Iroh, which was well-placed.

And I adored the cheesiness of Zuko's balloon rising in the clouds, following the gAang.
It was so smushy and great. I sighed in satisfaction when the credits rolled.
Usually I growl at the shortness of it, or I dance to the theme tune.
But instead, I sighed in content. I was happy.

Aka. I CANNOT WAIT FOR 12!

Hello I'm; Mrs. KAKASHI Hatake since 17/5/08!
My Graphical LJ; ♫
brushorgie - 'cause scary never looked so damned SEXY.
RoMaHazz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avvie by EndlessFlame55. Thanks a bunch!

« Reply #10 on: Nov 28, 2007 12:09 pm »

10/10 doesn't even cut it for me.  I can't tell you how speechless I was after seeing these episodes.  I laughed, I cried, I shouted, I cheered...and yes, I even swooned a little bit.  My gosh...the subs, the tanks, the return of the swamp monster...it was all just so epic.

Aang - Katara is right...he isn't the goofy little kid she found in the iceburg anymore.  From the beginning of the episode, we see just how much he's changed...he's just so brave and determined.  And he's ready to face the fire lord, even after the eclipse is over!  Would season 1 Aang have acted like this?  I don't think so.  And his crying at the end is just heartbreaking...he's failed the world again, and he's forced to leave everybody behind.  I think that will only make him more determined to bring Ozai down.

Katara - Didn't have that big of a role this time, but I was very impressed that she wasn't the one crying at the end of the episode.  She's usually the open faucet of the group, but this time, she was the one reassuring Aang.  She's also changed since the beginning of the series.

Sokka - Shoot, all the kids have grown since we first met them.  Sokka also displays courage and bravery, even showing his willingness to stand and fight at the end, when the situation looked hopeless.  He's not just comic relief anymore, though he did provide some good moments.  And the mention of Suki...oh man, Azula sure knew what bait to dangle that time.  His reaction is perfectly understandable.  The transition throughout the episodes from the nervous boy to the man taking charge was spot-on.

Toph - There's a reason why this chick is my favorite character.  I think one of the most chilling moments of the episode was before the subs hit the beach, when it showed the earthbenders in their tanks.  The camera is on the Boulder and the Hippo, and then pans down to little Toph, who actually (I think, anyway) looks scared.  Then it goes on to show a nervous Sokka among the soldiers...it just gives a feeling of "This is it", you know what I mean?  And I love the way she broke through the metal.  But like the others, she's also changed.  When the eclipse is over, Aang is perfectly willing to face the fire lord, but Toph (who used to take every opportunity to fight) says "It just wasn't our day.  What we need to do now is go help our friends".  They all display selflessness in the last few minutes of the episode.

Zuko - It's about dang time.  I can't wait to see how the Gaang reacts...or rather, how he convinces them that he really is good this time, as he's dodging whatever they're throwing at him.  Wink

Azula - I never liked you.  You've always got that confident little smirk on your face...it's just sickening.  My dislike for you was well-founded to begin with...you shot Iroh, you manipulated Zuko, you shot Aang...but insulting my favorite character?  Oooh, lady.  You have officially made it onto my "Must Die" list.

Ozai - I dream of your demise.

Ursa and Suki - They live!

Tagalongs - Teo, Haru, and The Duke...I like you guys, but I hope you don't stick around too long.

Aang's hair - Rest in Peace.

Gosh, the shippers are going to have a heyday with these episodes, so I'd better get out of here before the shooting starts.

Out of 10, I give these episodes 20.

EDIT:  And, oh my gosh, I can't believe I forgot to mention Iroh.  I can't believe I was ever worried about him while he was in prison...I DARE somebody to lay a finger on him now.  Good ole Iroh...one man army, indeed.  But now I wonder where he's gone, or what he will do from now on.  I ain't worried about him...I don't think I'll ever worry about him again...but maybe he'll seek out the Order of the White Lotus.  Seriously, I want to learn more about those guys.

I wonder if we'll ever see Ming again.
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2007 11:00 am by RoMaHazz » Logged

Keeper of: Toph's Fire Nation cape, Smellerbee's headband, Momo's peach, and Aang's sand sculpture of Appa
primeprotects
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am a Sukiteer. (OLAF!) [Purple!] {BSG}

« Reply #11 on: Nov 28, 2007 12:16 pm »

Definitely an 11/10.

This is what I watch Avatar for. I was giddy the whole time through, so excited just to see what was happening.

Zuko's side of the story was excellent. I loved seeing him finally speak his mind. "Finally!" I said to myself. And when he smiled about Iroh "getting" to him? So precious! I can't wait for 312, Zuko joining the gaang? Going to be an excellent episode. And the lightning redirect was superb as well.

Azula was once again her evil, evil, manipulatory self. I'm so glad she brought up Suki, because I think now we'll finally get some resolution on what happened to her. Poor Sokka.

The very last scene was my favorite. Appa's roar of lament as he flew away coupled with Zuko following the gaang in a war balloon was just the perfect ending to an amazing episode. I bow down before the brilliance of M&B.

"Well, I'm back." - Samwise Gamgee The Return of the King
happyfeet
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Nov 28, 2007 12:34 pm »

Awesome episode. Finally, we saw the two things we've been waiting for for so long, Zuko turning good and Aang and Katara's kiss. Greatest hour I ever spent. Now I want to be put in a medically-induced coma until episode 312 so I won't have to wait as long  xD
NikLink
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Nov 28, 2007 12:47 pm »

OHMYFRIGGINGODTHESEEPISODESWERESOFRIGGINAWESOME. I'll lay down a while. *Faints*

11/10, Everyone has grown up so much since they found a boy in an iceberg.
And Azula just made it into my 'I Hope you get Killed Like Mussolini' list.
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2007 12:55 pm by NikLink » Logged

Shadepaw
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

mastergrenness@hotmail.com
« Reply #14 on: Nov 28, 2007 01:41 pm »

This was the most epic episode ever! I would give it 12/10.

Part 1: I have been waiting for the kataang kiss since the first episode. The way they did it was nicely done, no over dramatic Hollywood confession. The subs were just amazing!! Nice invention Sokka Smiley

Part 2: Zuko was just amazing to watch. It takes bravery to confront the most feared person in the world, and he wasn't afraid at all. Finally Zuko used lightning redirection and pwned Ozai Grin I thought Aang vs Azula was a bit disappointing, he should be able to pin her down using his superior speed Huh

Redthorn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"Dracarys! Freedom! DRACARYS!"

« Reply #15 on: Nov 28, 2007 02:26 pm »

Part 2: Zuko was just amazing to watch. It takes bravery to confront the most feared person in the world, and he wasn't afraid at all.

He was cautious enough to do it during the eclipse, as Ozai pointed out. That would indicate a certain amount of fear. But I would call that "Using his head for a change and being careful" rather than cowardice, since Zuko seems to have known in advance that his father was likely to get violent. (Can't IMAGINE why he'd think that.... Roll Eyes ) Notice how fast Zuko snapped into that redirect stance? And how fast he got out of there after the redirect? It's pretty darn sad that he can't even go have words with his father without the expectation that it might cost him his life.  At least he was prepared.

orcacam07
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Nov 28, 2007 03:29 pm »

I was frozen for the rest of the Night after Zuko said, "I'm going to join the Avatar, And I'm going to help him defeat you."

The Earth Kingdom tanks were so awesome. They looked all 3-Dish when they moved like caterpillars.

I'm just glad That Katara didn't react all, "OMIGAWD I LURVE YOU TOO AANG!" When They kissed. I would've probably stopped watching Avatar if that happened.

NOOOOOOOOOOO! SUKI IS ALIVE! AND NO TOKKA!??!?!?

« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2007 04:08 pm by orcacam07 » Logged

candycane
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I think...I've become a shipper!

« Reply #17 on: Nov 28, 2007 03:37 pm »

Like everyone else, I loved chapter 10.

I'm glad Azula is back to her old evil self again. I was afraid people would start wanting her to redeem herself after The Beach.

The many looks of Zuzu
Keeper of:
The nickname Zuzu, Zuko's metamorphosis, Jet's messed up childhood, Sokka's tears
Rock Like Toph
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

*cackles*

« Reply #18 on: Nov 28, 2007 03:40 pm »

Ozai - I dream of your demise.

Ha! Nice one, RoMaHazz.

Anyway, these episodes were definitely made of epic win. Here's a point-by-point breakdown of what I loved:

-Aang's new glider. It seems more like a weapon than his old one, and it has a snack pack! You cannot beat the snack pack.
-Sokka and Toph became already more awesome than they already were. My jaw dropped when Sokka sliced through that Fire Nation battle tower... thing like it was tissue. Toph got to do some impressive metal bending, and Sokka voiced my thoughts perfectly: "You know, I am SO glad we added you to the group!"
-Dear Azula and Ozai: Die. Die very painfully. You are both the most evil characters I have encountered in quite some time. I realize that this is a kids' show, but you've killed characters before (Jet) by not actually saying "He's dead, Jim".
-Appa's armor is awesome, as are the resistance tanks and subs.
-The return of Teo! And The Duke! And the Swamp Benders! And lots of other people, including The Boulder and Hippo!
-GO ZUKO!!!!! Zuko has never been one of my favorites, but he practically reeks of awesome here and begins to repent for his past sins in the most badass way possible.
-Iroh's out of prison! Awesome. Love the scared-out-of-his-mind guard Zuko finds.

I can't wait for The Western Air Temple. While the first half of this season has been decent (first three episodes, The Beach) to great (Sokka's Master, The Runaway, Nightmares and Daydreams), the second half looks like it shall be totally awesome.

Me after Zuko's "I'm joining the Avatar" line: "It's about time, jerkhole!"

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."
zukotiamo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Nov 28, 2007 04:11 pm »

310 OK - great earth crawlers, Kataang kiss - huge but I still ship Zutara (to the death !!!!)  8/10
311 Awesome!!! 12/10 - the Zuko confrontation with Ozai was everything!  Wonderful.
Also Azula's devious mind - and her confrontation with Sokka - wonderful.  She recognizes him as the leader/adversary.  Fantastic!

Also can't wait for Western AIr Temple. *sigh*

Keeper of Katara's PMS
Someone From The Dark
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I love Sui, and Fallan Denzell. Double Arts FTW!

« Reply #20 on: Nov 28, 2007 04:29 pm »

I loved it. Best episodes ever.

I finally got to see Zuko be the hero I always knew he was.

For The Love, Pride, and Honor of Fire Lord Zuko
IrohAmca
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Nov 28, 2007 04:38 pm »

Finally, I'm glad that this topic is opened.

Definately, it was one of the best episodes ever. After the 9 moderately good episodes of this season (except 306), it felt superb to watch this. First, it was good to see many old characters returning( good to see familiar faces). And it has been so long since we've seen some war, battles were amazing, and I'm glad to see Sokka finally being a serious bada**. He was both brave and smart, and good leader. There was the first real Kataang kiss, and it is good to see Aang bald again. And also we finally saw some Azula action after a long time.

AND, the most anticipated moment ever. Zuko's self realization. He finally saw the truth and chose the good over his father who, by the way, has proven to be a super-powerful firebender. His 5000-Volt lightning  was awesome, but not as awesome as Zuko redirecting it (finally he used it). Also we finally learned to truth about Ursa's dissapearance, and it seems that most of us had guessed it correctly.

And, Dragon of West has finally broken his chains. I can only imagine what he has done to make the guard describe him as a "one man army". I hope we see more of Iroh is later episodes.

DoBS was a true 10/10.  Now, I'm dying to find out what will happen in WAT.

"Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source. True humility is the only antidote to shame"  ~Uncle Iroh~
Nero
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Nov 28, 2007 05:23 pm »

Finally, I'm glad that this topic is opened.

Definately, it was one of the best episodes ever. After the 9 moderately good episodes of this season (except 306), it felt superb to watch this. First, it was good to see many old characters returning( good to see familiar faces). And it has been so long since we've seen some war, battles were amazing, and I'm glad to see Sokka finally being a serious bada**. He was both brave and smart, and good leader. There was the first real Kataang kiss, and it is good to see Aang bald again. And also we finally saw some Azula action after a long time.

AND, the most anticipated moment ever. Zuko's self realization. He finally saw the truth and chose the good over his father who, by the way, has proven to be a super-powerful firebender. His 5000-Volt lightning  was awesome, but not as awesome as Zuko redirecting it (finally he used it). Also we finally learned to truth about Ursa's dissapearance, and it seems that most of us had guessed it correctly.

And, Dragon of West has finally broken his chains. I can only imagine what he has done to make the guard describe him as a "one man army". I hope we see more of Iroh is later episodes.

DoBS was a true 10/10.  Now, I'm dying to find out what will happen in WAT.

I'm dying to find out what will happen in the next episode also, now that we have no spoilers...everything's up in the air and is a mystery. My brain was on overload during these 2 eps. I kept hoping that this would be the best and slowest hour of the show, because I wanted to absorb every minute, and so those last few seconds were great. The biggest letdown was realizing how long it'll take for the second half to start up...even if it's only for a month. Oh by the way, the previous 9 episodes were fantastically good.

"Emo" is a bad adjective, please think hard before using it to describe people. "Emoing, "Emoly" and "Emoish" are not clever words. Neither is "Emo-tastic".
AeroCat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Nov 28, 2007 05:34 pm »

As with everyone who has replied to this topic so far, I loved this episode, and it easily deserved 10/10.

The Kataang kiss...expected, after Nightmares and Daydreams, and it was at the expected moment-Aang about to leave for battle, Katara's encouraging words...the only surprise was Aang kissing her so suddenly Cheesy

The invasion scenes were animated very well, it reminded me a lot of those high-tech war movies.

Azula...hmm, with the episode's airing, and the holidays approaching, i sense Avatar/The Grinch crossover fanart. Tongue She just gets better with the manipulation every time we see her, and mentioning Suki to Sokka...oh yeah, this girl knows what she's doing. Match this with her Firebending skills, and the final battles are going to be interesting.

None of these scenes could compare with Zuko and Ozai. First of all, about time! He's finally listening to his uncle (and he admits it! Grin ), and realizes all the wrong that the Fire Nation has done to the world. Then he says he's joining the Avatar...wow, I am so happy i was the only one home when I saw that, because I freaked out Cheesy He really lived up to his expectations as my favorite character, and something tells me he's staying that way for a while

And the ending was excellent. I just love Zuko's little Jack Sparrow moment, as he sailed in the sky after the Avatar. Wink Cheesy, yet cool.

Now with this amazing episode leading the way, and-
  • A Kataang relationship officially beginning
  • Ozai out of prison
  • News about Suki and Ursa
  • Zuko following Aang and his friends, and maybe joining them soon
  • Aang still having not faced Ozai
I think the awesome part of Season 3 is just getting started Wink...

Proud shipper of Kazuko (BFF!Zutara) Smiley ...don't ask about any others Tongue
F1re Sage
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Nov 28, 2007 05:53 pm »

Zuko did in one episode what Shinji ikari hasn't/couldn't in 26 episodes of an anime and eleven going on twelve volume of manga, tell his his dad to go frak himself! Wink

Katang Wins! However I'll hold off on declaring it a flawless victoly until the end of book three, because with Zuko looking to join The Gang Zutara Now stands a chance in hell of happening! Cool

And this episode also marks the end of a Ship that's been happening since season one, ZukoxAngst! Sad
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: