Dec 14, 2019 03:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 30 (16.1%)
9 - 19 (10.2%)
8 - 46 (24.7%)
7 - 30 (16.1%)
6 - 23 (12.4%)
5 - 8 (4.3%)
4 - 10 (5.4%)
3 - 6 (3.2%)
2 - 4 (2.2%)
1 - 10 (5.4%)
Total Voters: 180

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [106] Imprisoned  (Read 32184 times)
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #50 on: Nov 23, 2007 01:59 am »

What annoyed me was Katara's speech where she mentions growing up in the Water Tribe, also how you could see her Water Tribe clothing, and he necklace with the Waterbending symbol on it. Honestly were the guards and warden too stupid to realise that she wasn't an Earthbender. I think that they should have given her an outfit change to make it a little more convincing.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Lisa Pipinpadaloxicopolis
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #51 on: Nov 23, 2007 04:08 am »

And by the way, Haru is so cute!
He's even cuter than Zuko.
Don't ya think so?
firstbaseman1307
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #52 on: Jan 01, 2008 03:49 pm »

Of all of the episodes so far (I believe were past The Western Air Temple now in Season 3) this is my least favorite. Their are few redeeming qualities besides the Warden, "Don't worry I hear coward's float", and Aang's ADD when the fake earthbending plan is first devised. Though still way above most other shows on television today, it is one of the worst of the series.
oni
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #53 on: Jan 01, 2008 08:32 pm »

I like this episode. sure katara was very foolish to make those speeches but that was supposed to show how naive she is when it comes to real life. she thinks she can fix everything but she can't...what she ends up learning is that she is a good source of hope. In episodes like the desert katara is the one who tries to keep everyone together because she keeps on hoping they will get through a bad situation. She is determined from the beginning and always knew that the avatar would return and "aang will save the world"

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Monk's Gone Wild (IZ TEH BIGGEST ZUTARIAN ON ASN)

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2008 11:44 pm »

I thought this episode was interesting.

For me it was very Haru/Katara, and I had a fear that it would be canon in the future. It seems like Aang doesn't notice Katara really into Haru and their connection.

Still, ZUTARA FTW Grin

Haru wasn't very useful. Maybe just a filler, but it was helpful becaue Katara lost her necklace, and Zuko needed it for tracking them down and such. Maybe it wasn't that fillerish. Haru was a little bit useless in DoBS. and ZOMG NO MOUSTACHE.

Keeper of Aang discovering he had hair, Zuko&Katara first mission together

I thanked everyone who made me icon/sig on DA. General/Commander AA22 of the Zutarmy. Master of the weapon Zutaratana!
PseudoEthnic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2008 02:09 pm »

Imprisoned...can you bulls***? Sorry to anyone who actually liked this episode, but seriously, this was just bad! Haru looks like a pansy, and the mustache he gets in DoBS doesn't help him. Also, when I thought the Fire Nation couldn't get dumber, they proved me wrong in this castrophe. I could talk all day about the faults of this episode, but I probably won't have room. xD

Rating-4/10
green bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I Rep 412

« Reply #56 on: Jun 27, 2008 03:02 pm »

Not to insult but, I'm not going to lie, I honestly don't think this episode is important at all. I know this sorta shows the firenation, a little, But this is nothing deadly important. I know this is just my opinion but, if this episode was never broadcast would it really make a difference? Would it really matter if we saw this or not?

Truthfully, no. Yet, people did like this episode, so it's not that bad.  kinda liked it. It's much better than Imprisoned.
Well This is just my opinion, and not to sound rude, but I think this episode is hands and feet better then the painted lady. Because this kinda had more action, because back then we hadn't seen much earthbending before this and we got to seem some more of it. This kinda had more suspense, because most wouldn't suspect that the old man haru helped would snitch on him. This kind had more drama because we see that the fire nation has broken the prisoners hearts, and they regained it through katara's persistence. It had more intresting points, because haru and his family is introduced. This wasn't my favorite episode though, but I have to say it wasn't my least favorite. I have to say from my opinions that this was better than the painted lady. That is just my opinion though, but I don't think the painted lady is better.
gtbird24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by Flame_Fall

« Reply #57 on: Jun 27, 2008 03:25 pm »

This is the episode where the whole necklace thing starts. It introduces us into the life of Katara and gives us our first glimpse of the backstory of our favorite water tribe members.

Thank you So Much Georgie for the amazing sig!
green bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I Rep 412

« Reply #58 on: Jun 27, 2008 03:33 pm »

Well I like this, but it did sorta have some flaws. But I say it again I really do think that this was better than the painted lady hands down. just my opinion.
PseudoEthnic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #59 on: Jun 27, 2008 04:05 pm »

This is the episode where the whole necklace thing starts. It introduces us into the life of Katara and gives us our first glimpse of the backstory of our favorite water tribe members.

It's amazing how a necklace gets more backstory then the big bad Ozai. Tongue
gtbird24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by Flame_Fall

« Reply #60 on: Jun 27, 2008 04:06 pm »

Its true, I know. How many episodes did we talk about that necklace before Katara got it back, and how many times have we seen Ozai's face? I'm favoring that Necklace.

green bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I Rep 412

« Reply #61 on: Jun 27, 2008 04:29 pm »

Well I think we should of seen more Ozai of course, I think it is too late to show more of him now, See we just wanted some dynamic to Ozai, a little more that's all. There is nothing wrong with the backstory of the necklace, we just need more Ozai.
gtbird24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by Flame_Fall

« Reply #62 on: Jun 27, 2008 05:08 pm »

Well what I ment by "favoring" was, I think we have seen more of that necklace than we have of ozai, not that one was better than the other. Sorry, its how my mind works Tongue

green bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I Rep 412

« Reply #63 on: Jun 27, 2008 05:09 pm »

Yeah but still the same point appears, We needed more Ozai currently and we never got it, oh well.
gtbird24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by Flame_Fall

« Reply #64 on: Jun 27, 2008 05:11 pm »

We'll get plenty of ozai with the last 4 episodes, dont worry about that.

green bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I Rep 412

« Reply #65 on: Jun 27, 2008 05:22 pm »

Well to get an atmosphere of ozai it should of been dragged from all book3, Well maybe the last 4 episodes will pay up for it hopefully.
modern617
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #66 on: Jun 27, 2008 06:41 pm »

I thought that Ozai played an alright role in aangs dreams in "Nightmares and Daydreams," as well as his confrontation with Zuko in the invasion.
gtbird24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by Flame_Fall

« Reply #67 on: Jun 27, 2008 06:44 pm »

Yeah, Noodle Ozai. His defences are impenetrable. Cheesy

green bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I Rep 412

« Reply #68 on: Jun 27, 2008 06:46 pm »

LOL even the noodle ozai had more development than the actual person.
modern617
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #69 on: Jun 27, 2008 11:11 pm »

It doesn't have to be the actual person, but rather an abstract representation of Ozai. I agree that he had slim to no development, but he's the bad guy. He doesn't get a character development arc like Zuko.

Should we feel bad for him too?
PseudoEthnic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #70 on: Jun 27, 2008 11:54 pm »

It doesn't have to be the actual person, but rather an abstract representation of Ozai. I agree that he had slim to no development, but he's the bad guy. He doesn't get a character development arc like Zuko.

Should we feel bad for him too?

You don't need to feel sorry, nor does he need to be a good guy in the future to have some character development. Even Azula has more development, and she's a bad guy.
modern617
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #71 on: Jun 28, 2008 12:16 am »

You don't need to feel sorry, nor does he need to be a good guy in the future to have some character development. Even Azula has more development, and she's a bad guy.
I guess your right. I think where I got my perception that he doesn't need any character development is because it would distract from the character development of the other characters? I'm sure there would have been room anyhow. Maybe the creators could have put some Ozai history here or there, it wouldn't hurt, but would it really make sense? For example, what would we need to know about Ozai except that he succeeded Fire Lord Azulon, his favorite child was Azula, and carried on the tradition of Fire Lord Sozin?
PseudoEthnic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #72 on: Jun 28, 2008 12:17 am »

I guess your right. I think where I got my perception that he doesn't need any character development is because it would distract from the character development of the other characters? I'm sure there would have been room anyhow. Maybe the creators could have put some Ozai history here or there, it wouldn't hurt, but would it really make sense? For example, what would we need to know about Ozai except that he succeeded Fire Lord Azulon, his favorite child was Azula, and carried on the tradition of Fire Lord Sozin?

True, but we can at least know why he's such a power hug besides being related to Sozin and Azulon.
modern617
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #73 on: Jun 28, 2008 12:28 am »

True, but we can at least know why he's such a power hug besides being related to Sozin and Azulon.
I would agree with that. I would love to know how Ozai became the power hungry firelord he is now.
Violet Vespertine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #74 on: Sep 10, 2008 08:00 pm »

Most people think "Imprisoned" is only a so-so episode and I agree.  I was glad to see Sokka come up with an actual good idea rather than just being goofy guy.

The ending with Zuko picking up Katara's necklace is the best part of the episode.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: