Apr 23, 2018 12:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 30 (16.1%)
9 - 19 (10.2%)
8 - 46 (24.7%)
7 - 30 (16.1%)
6 - 23 (12.4%)
5 - 8 (4.3%)
4 - 10 (5.4%)
3 - 6 (3.2%)
2 - 4 (2.2%)
1 - 10 (5.4%)
Total Voters: 180

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [106] Imprisoned  (Read 26895 times)
Ouroboros
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2007 02:13 pm »

To me this was the weakest episode of avatar. It had its funny moments but Haru just gave me the s***s and Katara's 'spechifying' bugs me no end. I literally cringed when she started that speech. but I gotta agree, the fake earthbending part was hilarious and Sokka as usual was the brains behind the operation.

Sig by Georgie.
bum_star
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2007 12:36 am »

To me this was the weakest episode of avatar. It had its funny moments but Haru just gave me the s***s and Katara's 'spechifying' bugs me no end. I literally cringed when she started that speech. but I gotta agree, the fake earthbending part was hilarious and Sokka as usual was the brains behind the operation.
Is it even weaker than the Great Divide? The Great Divide literally told me nothing, but at least "Imprisoned" shows the audience what is really going on with the villages of the Earth Kingdom. It showed how the FN takes the villagers captive and forces them to do hard labor. It exposed the clear weakness of the Earthbenders and how the FN is able to gain an advantage in the war due to the fact that Earthbenders cannot bend metal. The conclusion showed that EK civilians are now willing to stand up against the FN with their new found strength. I think this episode is pretty significant and exposed plenty of the Avatar world than other episodes that we have seen.
ZuZuLover
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firebender at heart <3

« Reply #27 on: Jun 09, 2007 12:14 am »

Not one of my favorite episodes. I mean, Katara's speeches and mild funny points just made me fall asleep.

My Keeps
Sukka, Taang, and Zutara Fan.
Sokkas sarcasm student
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

What is purple, but an amalgamation of dichotomy?

« Reply #28 on: Jun 09, 2007 12:32 am »

yeah, i agree.  sometimes an episode is so bad that you shouldn't even post about it... but some episodes are even worse, and so you just have to let people know how terrible you think it was.

katara should never, ever, ever get on a table and try to encourage people to fight.  she is 14 years old, and a rash girl who threatened her own life and the life of the avatar just to save Haru.  uhh dumb?

but i mean, there were a couple good points in this ep.. like where they showed the truth of how fearful everyone truly is of the FN, even the old man who was saved still ratted out his savior to avoid punishment.

other than that... meh.

your fellow cynic,

-s.s.s.

Tis been a while.
Spirit Koh
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Bender of Darkness.. That Would Be Cool! :)

« Reply #29 on: Jun 14, 2007 10:57 am »

My First Post:
This episode was good. The speeches, IMO, were quite interesting. It lets you see that everyone just needs motivation to get moving.

Leaves from the Vine..Falling so slow..Like tiny fragile shells drifting in the flow..Little solider boy comes marching home...Brave solider boy comes marching home.
-Iroh
Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Jun 25, 2007 02:42 pm »

I was not crazy about this episode. It was probably the worst episode of the whole series. I hated Katara's long awkward motivational speeches. I have to walk away from the television screen. I wanted to yell "Shut up!" so badly. Also, how is it that after all these years of not wanting to fight, the earthbenders suddenly began attacking? It had nothing to do with Katar's speeches. And the whole plan to get Katar arrested was pretty lame. Those fire nation soldiers had to be pretty stupid to fall for that. If this was the first episode that someone ever saw, they probably would not have become an avatar fan.
bum_star
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Jul 01, 2007 02:57 am »

I was not crazy about this episode. It was probably the worst episode of the whole series. I hated Katara's long awkward motivational speeches. I have to walk away from the television screen. I wanted to yell "Shut up!" so badly. Also, how is it that after all these years of not wanting to fight, the earthbenders suddenly began attacking? It had nothing to do with Katar's speeches. And the whole plan to get Katar arrested was pretty lame. Those fire nation soldiers had to be pretty stupid to fall for that. If this was the first episode that someone ever saw, they probably would not have become an avatar fan.
Dude. Every episode has sappy sayings and head smacking moments.

Did you forget the giant pile of coal brought up to the surface by the gang? At last, the earthbenders have something they can finally bend. Does that not spell out hope to you? Her motivational speeches got a tad bit annoying, but so does Zuko's moping.  Seriously though, Imprisoned gave us much more insight on the war than other episodes that truly was not something informational. (Great Divide, The Waterbending Scroll, Jet, Bato of the water tribe,)
Kumani
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Never forget who you are.

« Reply #32 on: Aug 06, 2007 09:31 pm »

awesome episode, although it was a filler episode
i liked seeing katara so determined, no matter what she never gave up
haru is an amazing earthbender! i hope to see him again later in the show...

They’re gonna rip up your heads and your aspirations to shreds, another cog in the murder machine
Katara The WaterBender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avatar and Signature by Katarathewaterbender

« Reply #33 on: Aug 21, 2007 04:09 pm »

This was the 2nd episode I watched and the 1st in season one. I had no idea what was going on but Zuko holding Katara's necklace gave me the creeps anyway. I do hope we see Haru sometime. He and Katara have so much in common... except his dad came back and Katara's mom never will.

I loved Sokka and Katara's little pathetic skit. It's funny how people who love to fight can relaly fight unless it's planed like that was.

"Look the leamur, it's Earthbending!"
"No you idiot, it's the girl!"
"Oh... of course."

That cracked me up. And the look on Momo's face had me laughing so hysterically (sp?) that my brothers thought I was dieing. If it wasn't for my mom they would hve rushed me to the ER!

atla1--My best friend's Avatar site
WarPaintSokka
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Flameo, Hotman.

« Reply #34 on: Aug 27, 2007 06:11 pm »

This was the 2nd episode I watched and the 1st in season one. I had no idea what was going on but Zuko holding Katara's necklace gave me the creeps anyway. I do hope we see Haru sometime. He and Katara have so much in common... except his dad came back and Katara's mom never will.

I loved Sokka and Katara's little pathetic skit. It's funny how people who love to fight can relaly fight unless it's planed like that was.

"Look the leamur, it's Earthbending!"
"No you idiot, it's the girl!"
"Oh... of course."

That cracked me up. And the look on Momo's face had me laughing so hysterically (sp?) that my brothers thought I was dieing. If it wasn't for my mom they would hve rushed me to the ER!
Haha! That was hilarious! I remember laughing at that too. Tongue
basit619
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: Aug 27, 2007 09:05 pm »

Do you know where i can [snip] watch these episodes?

I changed your post a tad bit, since downloading episodes are illegal. Talking about illegal downloading is prohibited on ASNs forums.  Cheesy
-Tananda, Board Moderator
« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2007 11:09 am by Tananda » Logged
WarPaintSokka
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Flameo, Hotman.

« Reply #36 on: Aug 27, 2007 09:05 pm »

You can watch most of them on Turbonick.  Smiley
PushAndPull
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: Aug 30, 2007 03:48 pm »

LOVED this episode! "How dare you call me pipsqueak you big-eared cretin?!!"
The bit with Zuko in the end was cool too, no doubt the Zutara fans will seize on this. x)

Keeper of Sokka's pipe, Iroh's singing, Momo as a whole and Zuko's temper tantrums.
Katara The WaterBender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avatar and Signature by Katarathewaterbender

« Reply #38 on: Aug 30, 2007 04:43 pm »

Yeah, I've watched this episode so much that I think I can say the entire scene from memory.

atla1--My best friend's Avatar site
peep
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Sep 04, 2007 03:22 pm »

Haru didn't bother me at all, but her speech totally bugged. I thought it was awesome how everyone ignored her though! I was like...yeah...what did you expect? Oh well, I thought the best part, and most entertaining part, of this episode was the warden's bison conversation with his captain - for some reason him throwing the captain overboard just tickled me the right way. I don't think this is the weakest episode of the show, I think Zuko Alone was. (I'm going to leave that at that because I don't want to turn Imprisoned episode discussion into a discussion on Zuko Alone).

Support Random Firebender# 723 for Fire Lord- because he's not crazy and doesn't suffer from teenage angst!
Holly Go Lightly
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Enter the Bleach...

« Reply #40 on: Sep 14, 2007 10:22 pm »

what i dont get about this episode was the fact that during the fake earthbending scene(which i found hilarious)couldnt the gaurds tell she was a waterbender? hello? the clothes in the show are color coded by nation, so why did they take the bending seriously?
« Last Edit: Sep 14, 2007 11:04 pm by waterbender88 » Logged
RoMaHazz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avvie by EndlessFlame55. Thanks a bunch!

« Reply #41 on: Sep 14, 2007 10:47 pm »

what i dont get about this episode was the fact that during the fake earthbending scene(which i found hilarious)couldnt the gaurds tell she was an earthbender? hello? the clothes in the show are color coded by nation, so why did they take the bending seriously?

Because Fire Nation soldiers have crap for brains.  Smiley  Who knows why; all Fire Nation soldiers that aren't merciless killers are apparently just dumb bricks.

Keeper of: Toph's Fire Nation cape, Smellerbee's headband, Momo's peach, and Aang's sand sculpture of Appa
HaikuQueen
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I love Sokka.

xlivyax@hotmail.com N/A N/A
« Reply #42 on: Sep 17, 2007 11:32 am »

I loved the end - not because I'm a Zutara shipper, I hasten to add - but because it's quite a good plot twist, and the more Zuko the better for me. The added-on male characters (Haru, his Dad whose name escapes me, the FN soldiers... you get my drift) were weak, and I wouldn't have bothered saving such a complete nancy as Haru. Sokka & Katara's "fight" was hilarious though, and along with the end it saved the episode. =]

Official warning: this signature has been removed for being in violation of the NEW SIGNATURE RULES that were announced last year. -Forau
Memento Mori
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Remember your mortality...

« Reply #43 on: Sep 24, 2007 10:26 pm »

what i dont get about this episode was the fact that during the fake earthbending scene(which i found hilarious)couldnt the gaurds tell she was a waterbender? hello? the clothes in the show are color coded by nation, so why did they take the bending seriously?

Well, we've seen a few EK citizens who dress outside their nation's colors.
Oyaji, Song, The Pirates, etc.

Can't think of any others right now.

Wen
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Not Particular

« Reply #44 on: Sep 29, 2007 08:37 pm »

I find that odd, too. That's one of my problems with kids/idealistic cartoons: the enemy is s'posed to be unstoppable, but why is it so easy to beat/fool rank-and-file soldiers if they're s'poed to be so ruthless? And the odds aren't s'posed to be insurmountable, but couldn't they at least say the better soldiers are on the front; these are flunkies taking up where the real warriors left off?

On the other hand, I loved the voice-acting in this episode. Haru came across as brave but conflicted, his pa Tyro as a worn-out but still proud leader, and ... James Takei as the exquisitely cruel warden. I don't think I'll ever tire of that man's voice. ...

As to Katara's "speechifying", yes it gets nauseating; but the sheer act conjured up images -- initially, when I was a new viewer -- of a John-the-Baptist figure, a prophet going out ahead to encourage the people to believe anew that the Avatar will set things right. Of course, I still think that; even if the speeches seems trite the second time round.

I do want to see Haru in the third season, I really do; call me a sucker for sensitive but brave characters. That's all.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Monk's Gone Wild (IZ TEH BIGGEST ZUTARIAN ON ASN)

« Reply #45 on: Oct 19, 2007 11:21 pm »

i eally didn't like it. filler... and Haru isn't that great. he looks like a girl1! haha!! SExy Fine products!

Keeper of Aang discovering he had hair, Zuko&Katara first mission together

I thanked everyone who made me icon/sig on DA. General/Commander AA22 of the Zutarmy. Master of the weapon Zutaratana!
Zubby
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Thanks Maivry!

« Reply #46 on: Oct 20, 2007 12:33 am »

The Painted Lady has a similar theme to this episode. While Imprisioned and Painted Lady are both a little predictable (and do we really need two 'Katara will always help someone in need' episodes?), they do help to give depth to Katara's charecter.

Korrasami is canon-you gotta deal with it!
keeper of Appa, keeper of Aang's wanted poster
keeper of Sokka's sarcasm, keeper of Monk Gyatso's statue
ode2sokkla
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Don't Mess With The Princess

« Reply #47 on: Oct 20, 2007 10:58 am »

What's with the Haru hating T_T? He's just fine for what he needed to be. I thought it was a great way to show that, even though they may live in fear, the younger generation won't just let the Fire Nation win. That there are still people that will stand up and fight, even after all this time. I thought it was good!

I ship: Sokkla, Tyko, and Taang
iRarYou
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You my friend are a few plums short of a fruit pie

xxirary0uxx
« Reply #48 on: Nov 21, 2007 04:14 pm »

...without Haru there would be no season 3 Harustache though...

Signature by Me
Contrary to popular belief; I am in fact a Zutarian♥
zukotiamo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Nov 22, 2007 01:52 am »

I thought it made the point that bending is not everything - courage is.
I thought Katara was crazy to let herself be captured (in real life - uhhh rape anyone?)
Then they went to a coed prison...!

But I like the idealism vs survival themes, the way the guy they saved ratted them out, the price of idealism.
The way the prison warden threw the Captain overboard.. bison/buffalo (there are some classic lines!)
I also liked the animation of the battle.  Although a lot was "still" with just a moving camera - it was quite effective to me.

Keeper of Katara's PMS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: