Jun 28, 2017 10:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate the episode
10 - 302 (38.9%)
9 - 116 (14.9%)
8 - 122 (15.7%)
7 - 78 (10%)
6 - 50 (6.4%)
5 - 29 (3.7%)
4 - 19 (2.4%)
3 - 16 (2.1%)
2 - 11 (1.4%)
1 - 34 (4.4%)
Total Voters: 756

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [309] Nightmares and Daydreams  (Read 72705 times)
KingOfThePandas
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King Panda Of The Navi Panda Water Bending Elves!

« Reply #875 on: Jan 07, 2011 10:49 am »

Yeah i like this episode but i did find it didnt have much replay value. but it is soooo funny. mainly the end part, the start with the math test (*shivers at the thought of maths) and no pants part was lame. but i liked the episode

"What if we had ideas that could think for themselves? What if one day our dreams no longer needed us? When these things occur and are held to be true, the time will be upon us. The Time of Angels."
-River Song, Dr who
RWB
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #876 on: Jan 07, 2011 11:59 am »

This episode was ....... lame.

On the whole, yes. But it definitely had some really good parts.

"I made [my money] on the seas, and in the mines, and in the cattle wars of the old frontier! I made it by being tougher than the toughies, and smarter than the smarties! And I made it square!" -Scrooge Mc Duck
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #877 on: Jan 08, 2011 11:27 pm »

The only good parts was aang's serious dream and the war meeting. Roll Eyes

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #878 on: Jan 09, 2011 08:46 am »

The only good parts was aang's serious dream and the war meeting. Roll Eyes
How can you complain about Sokka's therapy sessions?

KingOfThePandas
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #879 on: Jan 09, 2011 09:52 am »

THATS PART WAS AWESOME! the only lame help that he got was kataras, that bored me and is just one of those moments that i wish didnt happen.

(stupid voice) 'reach, reach for the sun'

"What if we had ideas that could think for themselves? What if one day our dreams no longer needed us? When these things occur and are held to be true, the time will be upon us. The Time of Angels."
-River Song, Dr who
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #880 on: Jan 09, 2011 11:45 am »

I just didn't find sokka funny which is strange.

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #881 on: Jan 09, 2011 11:46 am »

^Maybre you have a mental problem?  Did you try screaming into this pillow?

Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #882 on: Jan 09, 2011 11:56 am »

I just don't find it intresting or funny, maybe this episode should have written better. You know with a legit transformation for zuko and some seriousness for aang. The looney tunes vibe could have been left out.

KingOfThePandas
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #883 on: Jan 10, 2011 12:26 am »

i liked it because the lastest episodes seemed so dark but this one was bright and cray (i love crazy) but i found one major floor in it. in the Ember Island Players aang freaks out about having to kill Ozai but before the day of black sun he didnt even care... hmmm curious...

-River Song, Dr who
BorisKelpman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #884 on: Feb 04, 2011 03:42 pm »

This is easily one of my least favorite episodes of Season 3.

Yes, Aang is a teenager and dreams do not always follow a particular logic, but he understands the serious, potentially tragic nature of his mission.  I would have liked to see a tighter balance between his repetitive encounters with Ozai and the more serious moments in which he actually has nightmares.  It would have also been nice to explore the anxieties of the other group members, because they were too detached for my liking.

For example, I thought that the scene of Aang seemingly waking up and seeing Ozai standing over him with news of the invasion already being done with as a failure was creepily effective, but then he had to comically ride away on a winged cow-like creature.  It wasn't funny at all; it felt like Adam Sandler-level humor.  

Now, don't get me wrong, because humor could have worked in moderation here.  Moments like the Gaang shearing the sheep to make Aang a bed were funny because it didn't feel like the writers were lingering, shouting for us to appreciate how random and funny they are.  The Fire Lord losing his pants when his threat is supposed to be at its most credible?  Not so much.
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2011 03:44 pm by BorisKelpman » Logged
newavatarfan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm a real legend

« Reply #885 on: Feb 13, 2011 01:56 pm »

In my opinion, the idea that was presented in this episode was important to the story and the development of Aang's character, however it just wasn't executed as well as it should have been.

Its mostly a result of the arc of Season 3. Personally, I believe that all these "filler" episodes were important to the series (and not really filler), but the fact that they had to cram them into less than a season is what caused some of the flaws. Personally I think they should have made Sozin's Comet separate from Season 3, thus allowing 4 more episodes to prevent much of the clutter (and allow for a story arc, which was mostly not present) that occurred in this episode and the rest of Season 3.
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2011 01:59 pm by newavatarfan » Logged

Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #886 on: Feb 14, 2011 01:05 am »

Personally, I believe that all these "filler" episodes were important to the series (and not really filler), but the fact that they had to cram them into less than a season is what caused some of the flaws.
Not really, they just wasted time and contributed little to the story.

newavatarfan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm a real legend

« Reply #887 on: Feb 14, 2011 05:19 pm »

They developed the characters and gave more depth to the story. Many of the filler episodes give us glimpses of character motivation and background. Not to mention, some of the best episodes of the series, The Storm, The Puppetmaster, Tales of Ba Sing Se (all in my opinion), exhibit some of the best storytelling in the entire series and are filler episodes.

They didn't waste time, there just wasn't enough time to fit these in and not sacrifice some of the story as a result. So its more of a glass half-full or half-empty debate.

birdiegirl8
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

So much win in this icon.

« Reply #888 on: Feb 15, 2011 12:42 pm »

"You, my friend, are a few plums short of a fruit pie."  I love that line and i've said it to people, familiar and unfamiliar.  This episode was probably one of the funniest ones.

LittleBigPerson
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

One does not simply deny Sackboy's adorable smile

« Reply #889 on: Feb 15, 2011 12:54 pm »

^Maybre you have a mental problem?  Did you try screaming into this pillow?

Wangfire, what are you doing here, and why are you talking to random strangers on the internet?

Keeper of Tenzin's glorious beard, Korra's "Woo Hoo!", and Aang's "Everything is Connected."  Toph13139 and I are twins, even our hugs are fueled by twin power. Grin
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #890 on: Mar 11, 2011 03:40 pm »

This episode was good, but easily one of the worst episodes of Book 3.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
Mooseboy018
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"Good morning."

« Reply #891 on: Mar 11, 2011 04:29 pm »

i liked it because the lastest episodes seemed so dark

like the Headband, the Beach, and the Runaway?

Pretty dark stuff. Tongue

my Last Airbender comics
keeper of: Koh's creepy voice, his laugh, and his three minutes of screen-time.
Ooze33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

...and to another ten!

« Reply #892 on: Apr 28, 2011 06:46 am »

For some reason, the only thing that bothered me was we didn't get to see "the fruit tart with rose petals on top". I don't know why, but I was really disappointed that they didn't show it! (though some have said that it's actually a euphamism for something, but that's for a different discussion)

i liked it because the lastest episodes seemed so dark

like the Headband, the Beach, and the Runaway?

Pretty dark stuff. Tongue

And this:

*shiver*

I Keep: Aunt Wu's headpiece, Lin Beifong's scar, The Lieutenant's kali sticks,
and The Cabbage Merchant's Statue
Sarcastic Sensei
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

DPool Foo

« Reply #893 on: Apr 28, 2011 08:53 am »

"Pucker up sweetheart!" Tongue

Link^to my band site Grin I keep The Dukes Hogmonkey rides. Sig by NBF UNOFFICIAL ASN CHAMPION OF FOOD! Cool
Blue22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #894 on: May 18, 2011 09:02 pm »

I actually enjoyed this episode. The only part I didn't really care for was Aang's little daydream about confessing his love to Katara. It was nice at first but that "baby, you're my forever girl" line and Aang's "kissy face" kinda ruined that scene for me. And who can honestly hate an episode that gave us this gem:

The Pebble
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

EARTHBENDING STYLE

« Reply #895 on: May 18, 2011 09:08 pm »

^Aw, c'mon, "Baby, you're my forever girl" is pure gold! Cheesy Cheesy

I keep Teo's head bandage, Bato's burn scars, and Jet's treetop ziplines.
Blue22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #896 on: May 18, 2011 09:14 pm »

No. That was a ".....WTF did he just say" moment. The chakra song was pure gold Tongue

The Pebble
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

EARTHBENDING STYLE

« Reply #897 on: May 18, 2011 09:20 pm »

Well, can't disagree with you on that chakra song.  Everybody loves chakras, after all. xD

I keep Teo's head bandage, Bato's burn scars, and Jet's treetop ziplines.
toontow87
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #898 on: May 18, 2011 09:22 pm »

When I first saw nightmares and daydreams I wasent really thinking of it in a particular way really. I just thought it was funny that Aang was freaking out. I didnt think of it as filler or it was good or not, mainly because at the time I didnt know what filler was. But, looking at it now I see why people might think things about it. I still like this episode though.

birdiegirl8
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

So much win in this icon.

« Reply #899 on: May 19, 2011 11:56 am »

^^and onion and banana juice... Tongue

yep, this episode was an ATLA acid trip.

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: