Nov 20, 2019 01:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate the episode
10 - 302 (38.9%)
9 - 116 (14.9%)
8 - 122 (15.7%)
7 - 78 (10%)
6 - 50 (6.4%)
5 - 29 (3.7%)
4 - 19 (2.4%)
3 - 16 (2.1%)
2 - 11 (1.4%)
1 - 34 (4.4%)
Total Voters: 756

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [309] Nightmares and Daydreams  (Read 90002 times)
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #850 on: Sep 28, 2010 10:45 pm »

Great idea bad execution i wished aang's vision would be on the serious side not the looney tunes nonsense. Thank god for the bplot it's what stopped this episode from being terrible.

Keeper of Bumi's fashion sense, smile, metal coffin, and Jeong Jeong's raggedy robes, and candles.
Proud supporter of the Red Lotus
ricco
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #851 on: Sep 29, 2010 12:32 am »

^ I couldn't really agree more.

I liked the idea that he was starting to crack within his mind over the pressure of saving the world, but i think it could have been done in a more serious way

Keeper of Katara's: "I don't know Aang...ask Sokka's instincts",
Azula’s: "My own mother thought I was a monster...she was right",
Iroh's: "Maybe it should be a proverb", Roku's: "You think I am weak"
Celestine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Reign of stars.

« Reply #852 on: Sep 29, 2010 08:55 am »

^Bryke's justification was that they had just come off a very serious episode and were about to go a whole new round with it. So, they wanted to put a little lightheartedness in there to loosen things up a little. Most of his dreams were a little too silly, albeit pretty funny. Though, I thought his last dream was pretty serious. I mean, he lost his friends and failed the world. While there was a lot of humor in this episode, the A-plot did cover some more serious topics. Aang was unsure of himself and worried for his friends' safety. Totally understandable.

And then, there's the B-plot, which was all business. For anyone who didn't like the A-plot, the B-plot was for you.

Perception is everything.

Keeper of Iroh's past mistakes and Katara's laughter.

Sig by The
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #853 on: Sep 29, 2010 10:29 am »

No sale here i thought all his visions should be serious about not wearing under or passing a math test. This is Season was supposed to be a dark season instead we get fan service and weak aplots.

Keeper of Bumi's fashion sense, smile, metal coffin, and Jeong Jeong's raggedy robes, and candles.
Celestine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Reign of stars.

« Reply #854 on: Sep 29, 2010 01:42 pm »

No sale here i thought all his visions should be serious about not wearing under or passing a math test. This is Season was supposed to be a dark season instead we get fan service and weak aplots.

But fanservice is serious! IT'S SRS BSNS I TELL YOU! D-:>

Seriously though, you have to interject a little humor and lightheartedness. If everything's just deep and dark all the time, you corrupt the story. Or need I remind you of this
V

Hmmm?

Sig by The
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #855 on: Sep 29, 2010 01:58 pm »

You would think someone would be serious and focused before the fight of their lives. Why was aang so nervous to fight ozai if he was planning to fight him we he couldn't bend? I agree that some humor should be inject but it certainly didn't belong in this episodes. I mean katara doing yoga in bathing suit, fan service, sokka, pyschologist, toph, the physical therapist did we really need that. Especially with some of the weak aplots in the first half of season three it need to be serious at that point in the series.

Celestine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Reign of stars.

« Reply #856 on: Sep 29, 2010 11:42 pm »

You would think someone would be serious and focused before the fight of their lives. Why was aang so nervous to fight ozai if he was planning to fight him we he couldn't bend? I agree that some humor should be inject but it certainly didn't belong in this episodes. I mean katara doing yoga in bathing suit, fan service, sokka, pyschologist, toph, the physical therapist did we really need that. Especially with some of the weak aplots in the first half of season three it need to be serious at that point in the series.

An eight-minute window of opportunity that will only appear once is hardly anything to count on. Beyond that, he was twelve, Ozai was probably in his forties, and if anything went wrong, he had no avatar state to back him up. There was pressure. Enough said.

Also, if you're not going to interject some humor in here, where else will you do it? "Nightmares and Daydreams" was Chapter Nine out of Twenty-One. With everything that needed to be covered in the later chapters, the humor was all but a now-or-never kind of deal. But humor isn't just appropriate when you have a long stream of seriousness, it's timing is also dependent upon just how serious of a time it is. Everything from the middle of Book Two was leading up to what was about to happen in the next two episodes, and we had just come off of a pretty dark episode in "The Puppetmaster". The plot needs air at some point.

Also, also, what else would you expect Sokka to do besides comic relief?  Tongue He makes plans and jokes. That's what he does, and the plans were pretty much taken care of during this episode.

Sig by The
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #857 on: Sep 30, 2010 12:04 am »

And did the formula work for season two? With so much on the line a serious tone from the puppetmaster to the invasion would have done wonders. The comic relief could be after especially after the failure like that, perhaps sokka would try to make them laught to lift people spirits while they regroup. With a tactical advantage, the element of surprise, and three elements in his arsenal, and iroh losing the ability to bend, why would he scared. Also wasn't the point of the invasion built around that eight minute window.

Toph Bei Master
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Huge Avatar:TLA Fan, love the Avatar Universe

« Reply #858 on: Oct 16, 2010 12:58 pm »

If anyone agrees on me with this episode. I though the episode was great, all of them are, but this one freaked me out a little bit with the bloodbending but it also showed why she learned that but fighting is never the answer.

The key to earthbending is your stance.
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #859 on: Oct 21, 2010 05:23 pm »

^ wrong episode dude. Anyways seriousness that puppetmaster started should have been continued. Since we got so much fun and fan service in the earlier episodes. The bplot saved this episode though.

guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bamfs~

« Reply #860 on: Oct 23, 2010 02:47 am »

i want to say something...am i the only one that thinks that this episode could be hint of taang? i mean, the whole avatar kuruk and ummi thing could be taang, like in terms of reincarnation. and if you notice, in aang's nightmare, toph's face was STOLEN. what do u think?

TTawhara
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

tonilisious@hotmail.com
« Reply #861 on: Oct 23, 2010 04:33 am »

I lol'd hard at this episode.
Mooseboy018
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"Good morning."

« Reply #862 on: Oct 23, 2010 04:54 pm »

i want to say something...am i the only one that thinks that this episode could be hint of taang? i mean, the whole avatar kuruk and ummi thing could be taang, like in terms of reincarnation. and if you notice, in aang's nightmare, toph's face was STOLEN. what do u think?

Her eyes were missing.

^ wrong episode dude. Anyways seriousness that puppetmaster started should have been continued. Since we got so much fun and fan service in the earlier episodes. The bplot saved this episode though.

The B plot could have been a lot better though.  This was supposed to be the final buildup to his decision to join the Avatar.  The war meeting idea was great, but I think there should have been a little more of Zuko reflecting on what he's done.  There was too much of him just sitting around being a prince.  I'm glad they showed that stuff, but I don't think it should have been part of the last episode before the invasion.

my Last Airbender comics
keeper of: Koh's creepy voice, his laugh, and his three minutes of screen-time.
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #863 on: Oct 23, 2010 06:59 pm »

Agreed zuko's decision should have been better as a matter of fact his  character could have been alot better in season three.

Exiled Prince
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Save me, Studio Mir...

« Reply #864 on: Oct 27, 2010 11:23 pm »

I'm surprised that there are some people that did not like this episode. C'mon at least the part when Aang wakes up Sokka and he hits his face to the edge of the rock should of gave most people the lulz and how Sokka was doing the whole "Wang Fire" to help Aang.

iKeep Sokka\'s quote:\"This is the kind of wacky time wasting nonsense I\'ve been missing!\"
Sig Wanted
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #865 on: Oct 28, 2010 12:15 am »

^ it just wasn't that funny. Then you have the fan service, goofy dreams (except the serious one) anc a weak transformation for zuko. To quote aang in the finale "this is really bad" not the idea but the execution.

Mooseboy018
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"Good morning."

« Reply #866 on: Oct 28, 2010 01:07 am »

I loved when it first aired, but each time I watch it I slowly hate it more and more...

It represents everything that went wrong in season 3 as a whole...

-wasting time
-truncated character development
-too much fan service and goofy humor

my Last Airbender comics
keeper of: Koh's creepy voice, his laugh, and his three minutes of screen-time.
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #867 on: Dec 05, 2010 06:03 am »

I couldn't agree, after the pants and the math test i was done. As for the bplot all zuko is doing is sitting on his behind and whining as usual.

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
imazutaraian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

U lurv my tombstone!

« Reply #868 on: Dec 22, 2010 09:06 am »

OMZ!! loved it!

"I forgot my pants! And my math test!"

The ultimate Zuko fangirl! Smiley :p
The Pebble
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

EARTHBENDING STYLE

« Reply #869 on: Dec 22, 2010 07:46 pm »

I liked it, too.
As I said about The Great Divide:
People that like shows and movies for the plot wouldn't like this episode.  Tongue
I agree that a plot is nice (and preferable in most cases), but for me I'm fine with just having lovable characters, funny stuff, and action packed adventures. 

...I'm just not a critic, I guess. xP

This episode made me laugh, and it can cheer me up.
So I don't freakin' care if it was written badly or didn't advance the plot. Tongue

I keep Teo's head bandage, Bato's burn scars, and Jet's treetop ziplines.
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #870 on: Dec 23, 2010 09:24 am »

^I agree.  Not all episodes have to advance the plot.  Especially with Wang Fire holding therapy sessions.

Antiyonder
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #871 on: Dec 23, 2010 10:05 am »

Not to mention that "Forever Girl" bit from Aang.  This almost tops his "I'd rather kiss you than die".
The Pebble
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

EARTHBENDING STYLE

« Reply #872 on: Dec 23, 2010 10:10 am »

Oh yes.  If anyone were to tell me that I was their forever girl, I'd go out with them like that. xD
I also enjoyed Wang Fire's therapy sessions. Cheesy

And, Toph and her ACUPUNCTURE!!!

Also, Aang sorta kinda thinks he might slightly feel a little better...maybe.  xD

I keep Teo's head bandage, Bato's burn scars, and Jet's treetop ziplines.
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #873 on: Dec 27, 2010 07:28 am »

This episode was ....... lame.

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
cabbageman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #874 on: Dec 29, 2010 11:16 pm »

I loved when Aang talks to MoMo and Appa starts talking. I laughed so hard.

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: