Jul 28, 2017 12:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate the episode
10 - 302 (38.9%)
9 - 116 (14.9%)
8 - 122 (15.7%)
7 - 78 (10%)
6 - 50 (6.4%)
5 - 29 (3.7%)
4 - 19 (2.4%)
3 - 16 (2.1%)
2 - 11 (1.4%)
1 - 34 (4.4%)
Total Voters: 756

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [309] Nightmares and Daydreams  (Read 72992 times)
ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Kataang shipper to the end!

« Reply #25 on: Oct 26, 2007 06:36 pm »

I can't stop watching this episode, it's too awesome and funny! After the dark episode that was The Puppetmaster, I'm glad we got some humor.

The daydream Kataang kiss = *Foams*

Banner made by me, do not steal! If you want to use it, ask me first.

Join my site! Avatar Dream (New custom skin up!)
VinLieger
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Oct 26, 2007 06:47 pm »

WHY did they not show episode 310???

Because they didnt and i hope they dont even though i really enjoyed seeing all the episodes before the US it was still a syupid idea and prefer them being spaced out

Now back on topic Great episode and i loved the appa and momo fight so much i fell on the floor laughing  and Appas voice was excellent
Only disappointment was the lack of leadup to the invasion. I was expecting them to meet up with all the others in this one but ohh well bring on the invasion.
Leona629
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Tokka is my drug

« Reply #27 on: Oct 26, 2007 06:50 pm »

I think it has something to do with the fact that 310 and 311 are supposed to be aired as an hour-long movie (a la "The Fury of Aang").  Would make sense.

Can't wait until then.

Proud to be spoiled!

Jinko_
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

...I'm a Kira Supporter and hate L. o3o;

« Reply #28 on: Oct 26, 2007 06:51 pm »

You guys don't know how much I was LOLing xD
MOMO AND APPA.
NOODLE OZAI.
NO PANTS.
AANG SREAMING IN SHEEP.

I'll stop abusing the capslock but the best of all....
KATAANG.
:'D
Best moment.
Searously, I passed out and was having trouble breathing.
Thats how muh of a Kataang Fan I am.
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2007 06:53 pm by Jinko_ » Logged

Kataang, Tokka, Maiko, Zutara, Zukaang, Toko
Leona629
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Tokka is my drug

« Reply #29 on: Oct 26, 2007 06:58 pm »

You guys don't know how much I was LOLing xD
MOMO AND APPA.
NOODLE OZAI.

You know, I forgot about those 2 scenes, and they were great!  I was happy to see noodle Ozai again.

BTW, I LOVE your sig!   Cheesy

ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Kataang shipper to the end!

« Reply #30 on: Oct 26, 2007 07:04 pm »

Ha ha! I had to laugh at the end!

"My royal parts are showing!!!"

Rotflmao!

Banner made by me, do not steal! If you want to use it, ask me first.

Join my site! Avatar Dream (New custom skin up!)
carlos1598753
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Oct 26, 2007 07:05 pm »

"Go to sleep already!!!!"

I knew the kataang part was fake when it first started.

Keeper of
*Toph's Runaway wanted poster*
*Aang's baby skin*
*Toph's first earthbended rock*
J J Mao
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Sig and icon by me P:

« Reply #32 on: Oct 26, 2007 07:19 pm »

Oh my gosh, I have NEVER laughed this hard for a cartoon show. Ever

This episode was so... random. But it was hysterical! The Pathik song and the Momo vs Appa dreams were the best. My god, my stomach hurts XD

But aside from jokes, this episode wasn't all that great. It's the episode before the invasion, Aang freaks out, and what does the rest of the gAang do? They take it so... easily, like it's nothing. I think Aang had the right idea, they should've all been worried about the invasion, instead of relaxing and such.

Zuko's side of the story was more serious. I liked the fact that he finally realized that this life isn't what he wants, or need. It's about time too...

And what was with the anime references in this episode? I supposed it added to comedic effect, but it still irritated me to no end. The sheep expressions especially. One of the reasons I love Avatar is how unique it is... but now it's falling into a lot of anime cliches...

Overall, I didn't like this episode. The jokes were really what saved it for me, but it wasn't the greatest in the season.
7/10

Keeper of Sokka's "Go to your room!"
Keeper of Aang's "Flamey-O"
J J's Horrid Art Cheesy
w4t3rb3nd3rb01
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

waterbending ^_^

« Reply #33 on: Oct 26, 2007 07:22 pm »

lack of bending =(

a little airbending, but nothing much more...

but still, it was funny seeing aang all tired.. reminded me of "the chase"

i'm soo excited for the next 2 episodes xDDD

kataang. tokka/sukka.  anthing but zutara >_>
ToughToph
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Leaves from the vine............Secret tunnel!

« Reply #34 on: Oct 26, 2007 07:24 pm »

This was a great episode Grin 10/10. I loved the humor and hullicinatiions. ! more day until the invasion! This was probably the only episode where I liked Mai. She was cool and I liked seeing the firenation life again.

Sadly my signature is not longer working. It was Death Note and it was so cute and I am so hurt because i've had it for so many years.

I keep Aang airbending in the opening sequence of The Legend of Korra and Mako\'s trademark cool under fire style
carlos1598753
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: Oct 26, 2007 07:26 pm »

Because they didnt and i hope they dont even though i really enjoyed seeing all the episodes before the US it was still a syupid idea and prefer them being spaced out

Now back on topic Great episode and i loved the appa and momo fight so much i fell on the floor laughing  and Appas voice was excellent
Only disappointment was the lack of leadup to the invasion. I was expecting them to meet up with all the others in this one but ohh well bring on the invasion.

i thought that they were supposed to air "The day of black sun" today!!!!

Keeper of
*Toph's Runaway wanted poster*
*Aang's baby skin*
*Toph's first earthbended rock*
ToughToph
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Leaves from the vine............Secret tunnel!

« Reply #36 on: Oct 26, 2007 07:28 pm »

i thought that they were supposed to air "The day of black sun" today!!!!

That's what I thought. Did anyone see a sneek peek of it after Nightmares & Daydreams

Sadly my signature is not longer working. It was Death Note and it was so cute and I am so hurt because i've had it for so many years.

I keep Aang airbending in the opening sequence of The Legend of Korra and Mako\'s trademark cool under fire style
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #37 on: Oct 26, 2007 07:44 pm »

This episode made me go, "Wha...?!" The jokes and Aang's various screw-ups were funny at first but it started to get a little too much and stale when it progressed further into the episode. I know they wanted a 'light' episode before the invasion happened but it felt a little ridiculous. They should have at least showed what was going on in the War room. That would balance out the humour.

To me, it feels like every alternate episode from 306 onwards is a good one. I hope I don't have to go through ups and downs for every odd episode...

This episode felt a little too over the top with the humour... It needs to be toned down.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
zaphyrai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

According to him, I'm beautiful, incredible!

« Reply #38 on: Oct 26, 2007 07:52 pm »

I made this and knew after I made it I wouldn't be able to use it anywhere, cuz of spoilers but...here I suppose.

I almost passed out at the kataang kiss. I was telling myself it couldn't be real, but I got goosebumpy and lightheaded all the same.

iKeep: Katara's laughter and Aang's air marbles ^_^
RoMaHazz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avvie by EndlessFlame55. Thanks a bunch!

« Reply #39 on: Oct 26, 2007 08:03 pm »

............That was..............interesting..............

I laughed my head off during that, but at the same time, the weirdness was almost too much.

But, I guess every series needs a good surreal episode every now and then.

....And, that's all I have to say for now.  I'm still recovering...from what, I'm not really sure.

Momo vs. Appa for the win.

Keeper of: Toph's Fire Nation cape, Smellerbee's headband, Momo's peach, and Aang's sand sculpture of Appa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Momo is watching...and waiting...

« Reply #40 on: Oct 26, 2007 08:10 pm »

OMG! Appa VS Momo!

I was a bit freaked when Momo and Appa began to talk but...OMG!

Eyeless Toph didn't creep me out. I guess it was because of the lighting and I didn't see it clearly. Toph just looked as if she were in the Avatar State a bit.

HotSoup
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: Oct 26, 2007 08:18 pm »

While I don't particularly care for anime, I thought the anime-ish touches were quite good and made sense.

Could Aang have pulled off the no-pants thing like he did if he didn't look like a total goofball (or anime character) in that sequence?  I don't think so.

It's right beneath your feet!
Rango
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I lol'd.

« Reply #42 on: Oct 26, 2007 08:22 pm »

This was the trippiest episode EVAR.

That Momo vs. Appa battle was the best scene IMO. Sheep cheering sections FTW.

Mai was... being... nice? GIRLY? (and they're still calling her "Mei". Which one is it? Mai or Mei?)

Thank god Aang's confession was a dream. It was fine up until after teh kiss. I would have been overwhelmed by cheese if Aang really said "Baby you're my forever girl."

While I don't particularly care for anime, I thought the anime-ish touches were quite good and made sense.
I don't really care for it as well and I did think they used it in the right place, when Aang was losing his mind!

As long as they don't use too much anime during the serious episodes, I'll be fine with it.

8/10

They are trying to lighten the mood before the invasion.

Which we know is doomed to fail...

sunnyflowers
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Oct 26, 2007 08:27 pm »

The kiss was awesome!!!! This gives me hope the real kiss will eventually happen......someday.
His line was also awesome......Baby, you are my forever girl. I squelled louder than the dance in headband.....
Aang's hallucations were funny. I have not laughed so hard. Sokka climb the wall!
I am wondering if the writers were not also lacking sleep when they wrote the story.
Touka
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Need meat. Gone fishing.

« Reply #44 on: Oct 26, 2007 08:31 pm »

Pretty cool and funny. =) I feel it's going too fast though. The invasion is the next episode, like episode 10 already, woah! Also, we have hardly seen Iroh at all. I want more Iroh!
racestar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Oct 26, 2007 08:40 pm »

Appa and momo fighting made me LOL!!!
Sultry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Oct 26, 2007 08:43 pm »

I have to say that after watching such strong episodes like 'The Runaway' and 'The Puppetmaster', I was very disappointed with this episode.

There was barely any plot! Okay, Aang, you're nervous, I get that and yes, you're afraid of having nightmares. But did we really need 20 minutes of wackjob dreams and paranoia attacks? The only dream that made sense to me was Aang seeing all his friends in danger and the comet destroying the world. I could completely understand that that would make you wake up screaming but the other dreams? No pants? Math test? Overdose of anime? They were just 'WTF'. My first reaction to all that was 'Since when are Mike and Bryan on crack?'. It was just too weird and pointless. The Appa vs Momo part did have me laughing but again, it was unnecessary.

As for the Katara x Aang kiss, at first, I was screaming 'IT'S ABOUT TIME!!! Weird timing but about time!!!'. It's not like we haven't been building it up for almost 50 episodes. Then it turns out to be a daydream and I was disappointed.  I'm not a big Kataang shipper but seriously, those kids need to get their groove on.

The Zuko parts were nice but again, I felt like they didn't serve much of a purpose. Whilst I liked seeing how pampered the royals are, we already KNOW Zuko isn't happy with his new life. Now what is he going to do about? What was said during the war meeting? How do Ozai and Zuko interact with each other? THAT is what I wanted to see.

Also, I really wish the writers would write Mai better. When she tries to cheer Zuko up by saying they should order around more servants, I just wanted to slap her. Hard. Luckily, the writers do let Mai redeem herself a little bit by showing how supportive she is later on - she seemed really happy for Zuko when he is invited to the meeting and she is there for him after the meeting, again being happy for him when he says that he's basically back in Ozai's good graces. It does show that Mai cares about Zuko.

Sig made by guitarfreak. Keeper of : Sokka's 'Bad Fire Nation baby', Mai's smile in 'The Awakening',  Tenzin's 'Oh, she tried' and Pabu's balloon belly after eating too many noodle
Pictomancer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Oct 26, 2007 09:21 pm »

(and they're still calling her "Mei". Which one is it? Mai or Mei?)

Despite the spelling, they've always pronounced it as "may."

Anyway... Avatar: The Last Acidtrip

CHAKRAAAAS CHAKRAAAS EVERYONE LOVES CHAKRAAAAS YUM!

These moments were SO out there. While weird as hell, it was fun (Appa vs Momo, Ozai on the winged hippow), and, frankly, I'm nice that there was some time devoted to Aang having such extreme anxiety. Given his age and what's before him, it should come as no surprise that he begins to suffer under the pressure.

While Zuko's side was minimal and didn't teach us too much of anything new, it did do a nice job of reaffirming that, while he's finally gotten everything he thought he wanted to be happy, it isn't doing the trick. It's like Iroh saying that he needs to choose his own destiny - the one he thought he was supposed to follow is not necessarily meant for him. Zuko it seems has started to get over his anger and get back on the path of realization.

Mai actually smiled and seemed pretty supportive of Zuko here. While their relationship didn't have a ton of initial development behind it, there was one thing in the Beach in particular that stood out to me. After their fight, when the group gathers on the beach, Mai was cold to Zuko and told him she was still angry. However, when Zuko let loose with his problems, Mai went to comfort him - which seems to indicate that, despite having been mad at him, she felt the need to comfort him upon seeing him suffer. I wonder now if she'll remain loyal to Azula...
phxdown
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Oct 26, 2007 09:26 pm »

I enjoyed that trippy, almost Lost like dream with random pictures. They had a dream like that in season one and bits of it ended up coming true.
heavyccasey
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Obvious supporter of Kataang!

« Reply #49 on: Oct 26, 2007 09:32 pm »

This was just an awesome episode. Hilarious!

Kataang kiss! It seemed so real! Oh well! Tongue

I have a feeling Zuko's war meeting is about the Day of Black Sun..

Kataang Site Here! Join please!

Keeper of Katara's Oasis Water, Aang's cute little blush, and Kataang's Ship.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: