May 25, 2017 11:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate the episode
10 - 302 (38.9%)
9 - 116 (14.9%)
8 - 122 (15.7%)
7 - 78 (10%)
6 - 50 (6.4%)
5 - 29 (3.7%)
4 - 19 (2.4%)
3 - 16 (2.1%)
2 - 11 (1.4%)
1 - 34 (4.4%)
Total Voters: 756

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [309] Nightmares and Daydreams  (Read 72285 times)
Unbridled Joy of Flight
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Oct 24, 2007 09:03 pm »

Short description: Aang begins to have nightmares on the eve of the eclipse and his anxiety gets the better of him.

We're opening this up to discussion by people who have viewed the episode.  If you have not viewed the episode, DO NOT POST HERE.  If you have seen it, fire away!
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2007 09:08 pm by Acastus » Logged
Blind Bandit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The blind bandit

« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2007 04:47 pm »

omg this Episode was full of jokes about Aang being scared of his responsibility during operation black sun,
I could pee my pants several times while watching it.
When Aang kissed Katara I was just wooot Cheesy

RMS Oceanic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2007 04:48 pm »

This episode was a head trip, and I loved it!

Again, it's a little emotionally sudden, going from funny to horror to funny to serious. Still, nice to get one last taste of funny before the defining event of the season takes place.

An excellent episode overall, but not one everyone will like, I think.
LittleGirl1313
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2007 04:57 pm »

ive seen it it was so good and weird

Do not just say that something is good, give details and examples to explain why you have this opinion. That way other people have something to respond to.

-Tananda, Board Moderator
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2007 04:59 pm by Tananda » Logged
Zoro
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

. . .

NoviceGamer14@hotmail.com mR+NoviZ NoviceGamer14@hotmail.com
« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2007 05:06 pm »

Eyeless Toph was creepy as heck!!

Zuko's emotions are getting a little annoying to me. Would I want to know is what they talked and discussed about in the war room. And maybe a good cliffhanger to end the ep.

- - - - ->
Tyranno
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Oct 26, 2007 05:16 pm »

Good episode overall.The humor was excellent as always.I couldn't beleive Aang kissed Katara but when he called her "Baby" I was like "Wait a minute".Glad to see one last humor episode before the big invasion.
Rao Seng Pu Ting
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

aka 'Rasputin': the Mad Monk discovered Buddhism!

« Reply #6 on: Oct 26, 2007 05:24 pm »

Ho-lay deus. I never laughed so hard at anything in all my years. Aang's paranoid insomnia was the source of an episode filled with wonderfully obtuse and clever moments. An utter joy from start to finish. And it even found time to squeeze in some valuable development for Zuko, the defining moment that we all felt was coming, when Zuko came face-to-face with everything he sought for and finally realised it wasn't what he wanted.

Also, it seems that Mark Hammill is entering into the series in a big way this episode. I'm sure I heard him several times during Aang's waking dreams. The Ringu-inspired dream sequence was creepy and priceless.

Now we wait patiently for the big payoff, the Invasion, next month. All this time wondering about it and it's finally here. Now I'm all excited with nowhere to go. Smiley

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be" - Lao Tzu

Fan-Fiction:

Rao Seng Pu Ting's Book 3: Fire.

His Dream Of Skyland. AU. The Far East, June 1940.
candycane
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I think...I've become a shipper!

« Reply #7 on: Oct 26, 2007 05:30 pm »

Wow. Rabid Zuko fangirls, anyone?

This episode was very very weird. I liked it.

By the way, it's pretty clear that Zuko's faking and living a lie. He's not happy.
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2007 05:32 pm by candycane » Logged

The many looks of Zuzu
Keeper of:
The nickname Zuzu, Zuko's metamorphosis, Jet's messed up childhood, Sokka's tears
Bunny
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Oct 26, 2007 05:31 pm »

....Kataang...xD bit too early for the kiss.

I support Zutara, Kataang, Tyko, Mako, and Tokka!
--------------
Vig0r
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

-Epicurus.

« Reply #9 on: Oct 26, 2007 05:34 pm »

This is the first 10 I've ever given an episode.

Oh my god. I dont think any other episode of anything had me on the edge of my seat in one minute, and literally rocking in my chair back and forth laughing the other. And then back to edginess. And back to craziness.

This was just...Oh man, I cant even comprehend it. When Appa spoke, I laughed so hard I choked. And by the time the Guru flew past, singing "Chakras, chakras everybody loves chakras" my stomauch exploded.

This episode was better than both season finales of season one and two combined. Utter greatness.

Don't fear god,
Don't worry about death;
What is good is easy to get, and
What is terrible is easy to endure.
ibec
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Oct 26, 2007 05:35 pm »

just finished. really weird episode.
and the creator lied to us at Comic Con...since we did see some hairstyles from the boards while Aang was sleeping.
and only cause I read the spoilers I knew that the kiss that was coming with Katara was a dream...otherwise I would have been peeing my pants from the emotion.
*will avoid spoilers from now on*
one day till the invasion. I am rooting for the gAang.

Dear Zuko: please babe. make up your mind. and get me a fruit tart while you are at it. seriously...are we gonna wait for him to turn good until the last episode? please.

Overall a funny for the kids episode. weird a little for me. Go team Avatar...may the chakras help you.

Keeper of Zuko entire Wardrobe, Aang flute, FN War Balloon, Zuko Laughter Cheesy
Metal.Ikaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Go, Kataang! Go Tokka! *squeals*

« Reply #11 on: Oct 26, 2007 05:43 pm »

This episode was really weird. Funny, but weird.

And that Kataang moment! DAMN IT! I WAS SO SURE THAT WAS IT! M&B are just being evil now >.<

Chronic A.F.M. sufferer.
Vig0r
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

-Epicurus.

« Reply #12 on: Oct 26, 2007 05:43 pm »

I do believe this picture speaks for itself?

Don't fear god,
Don't worry about death;
What is good is easy to get, and
What is terrible is easy to endure.
Randir
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Oct 26, 2007 05:44 pm »

I have to say, this episode really let me down. I mean, based on the previous three, I would have thought the episode just before the invasion would have been a bit better. It is good in one respect, that my expectations weren't too built up in this episode so that the invasion would be considered lame in comparison. But still.

I mean, Zuko was bothering me, and it was interesting that even though he has exactly what he wanted, he knows that it isn't what he truly wants because he isn't happy doing it. And it was interesting that Aang was paranoid about the invasion. But honestly, they both were just annoying.  Honestly...will Zuko just make up his mind already. Also, that Aang/Katara kiss (even though I am a katara and zuko fan) was just a mean tease for all the Kataang people out there.
Redthorn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"Dracarys! Freedom! DRACARYS!"

« Reply #14 on: Oct 26, 2007 05:50 pm »

I'm going to have to be a bit contrarian and say I wasn't really into this episode. I know we were supposed to laugh at Aang, but I got the feeling he was really suffering and the rest of the Gaang was taking it far too lightly. It's not like his fears are groundless  -- they're going into war, he's got a big job to do, and he and his friends are all in deadly danger.  I would have preferred something a lot less "Ha hah, look how silly we are!" right before the invasion.

And while I appreciated seeing Zuko, his plotline went NOWHERE in a big way.  Yay, princes are pampered. Yay, Ozai likes Zuko now (though if so, why DIDN'T he get an invite to the meeting? Did Azula swipe it? or did she lie about how she got one just to freak him out?). Zuko's ...still not happy.  What a surprise.  ZUKO! DO SOMETHING ALREADY!

And while I'm not one of those who gets upset at every anime-type styling in the show, I wasn't terribly pleased that there were all of these pieces screaming "I AM AN ANIME PARODY!" and I had no good idea what they were parodying. Meta-humor much? 

And the Aang/Katara kissing scene verged on just being mean to the shippers. Yes, we know Aang has a humongous crush on Katara and has had since the first episode.  This isn't new. 

I'd have to say it's my second-least favorite of Season 3 so far (Painted Lady still beats it out for being boring and preachy. This was irritating, but it wasn't boring.)

ncuday
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Baby, your my forever girl!

« Reply #15 on: Oct 26, 2007 05:51 pm »

Man this episode was hilarious. Although I was disappointed because I thought it was going to be oodles of character developement, instead it was Aang's hallucinations. And I'm with others who think that their should have been more right before the invasion. It'll go down in the bottom two of this season definitly, but thats not a bad thing, but Oh well.

And "Baby, your my forever girl!" I loved that line. The whole Appa and Momo talking was excellent.

And the kiss, oh the kiss. However we still got a sweet real Kataang moment in the end with Katara tucking Aang in at night. Though I guess that's what Zutarians would interpret as Mother Son interaction I suppose.
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2007 05:54 pm by ncuday » Logged

Officially a Maiko shipper
As always, a Kataanger
For The Record, This Is My Big Theory
aayuo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm OK.

« Reply #16 on: Oct 26, 2007 05:55 pm »

Weird, just weird.  Some I loved, some I hated.  Like those annoying sheep rooting for Appa or Momo!  Where did they come from - I thought sheep had koala faces - yet suddenly they look like Shaun from Wallace and Gromit...  Just stupid.

Anyhoo, in all the weird dream sequences, there was one that stood out: the one where Aang dreams Toph has no eyes, Sukko gets captured and Katara's in danger with Aang unable to help her.  Then we see Aang under water with Zuko standing above him.  And finally Momo signals 'shhh' while we see the comet impacting, destroying a whole area.

Does anyone think this is a prophetic dream?  Will the comet really hit the Earth this time - rather than passing as happened the last time?

This gave me an interesting idea:

The Fire Nation is obsessed with that comet, thinking it's their greatest source of power.  What if the comet turned out to be their greatest threat?  Heading straight for the Fire Nation, threatening to destroy them all?

That's when they realize they have to work together to survive and the gAang and invasion army saves the day by destroying the comet.  Only then will the FN realise that Aang helped them survive, and was not out to destroy them.  Which maybe changes their mind and they will call the whole thing off...
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2007 05:59 pm by aayuo » Logged
Wolfhanyou
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Oct 26, 2007 06:06 pm »

Actually a rather good episode. Had me laughing the entire time. Though yes I agree that the Zuko subplot really didn't go anywhere until the last few seconds when he finally realized he wasn't happy.

Something interesting about 'The Ring' type dream. It seems that only Toph and Zuko weren't in their season 3 outfits. What do you suppose that was about?
candycane
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I think...I've become a shipper!

« Reply #18 on: Oct 26, 2007 06:16 pm »

The Guru Pathik cameo had to be the hardest I've laughed on Avatar ever. Oh man, I wasn't expecting this episode to be so...weird.

The many looks of Zuzu
Keeper of:
The nickname Zuzu, Zuko's metamorphosis, Jet's messed up childhood, Sokka's tears
Crystal Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

-A One Girl Revolution-

« Reply #19 on: Oct 26, 2007 06:17 pm »

ZOMG that episode was funny...REALLY funny....I about screamed when Katara and Aang kissed and almost fell down when I realized that it was all a dream....But hey, we still got some rockin' screen shots that we can pretend are actually happening XD

Momo and Appa talking cracked me up, it reminded me of muppets for some reason XD their fight made my day.....Cheesy

Toph with no eyes.....O_o

-Sig by the awesome Dark Phazon of the SRB fourm-
Rekka No Ryo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Oct 26, 2007 06:19 pm »

I have not laughed this hard in awhile and aangs paranoid insomnia was a hoot. also mark hamil is such a kick butt voice actor.  Nice maiko and kataang scenes too.

Keeper of The Title of Phoenix King
Keeper of The Phoenix King Outfit (including helmate!)
Keeper of  The Title of Ninja Zuko
Leona629
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Tokka is my drug

« Reply #21 on: Oct 26, 2007 06:20 pm »

I LOVED this episode.

After the creepiness that was the puppet master, I was happy to have a slightly lighter feel.  Don't get me wrong, parts of this were frightening in a very real way, but most of it was light-hearted.  I thought I was going to bust in half from laughing.

And I was SOOOO disappointed that the kiss wasn't real.  I was so hoping that it would be.  Oh well, maybe before the invasion (in a month's time now).

At least Kataang looks like more of a definite now.  (Throws arms up in triumph!)

Kioko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Oct 26, 2007 06:27 pm »

Needs more epic battle between Appa and Momo.

This ep really left me wanting more, especially since the events that are coming up are going to be exciting. (well... I hope -_-) I cannot wait for the next ep to come out. I don't think I was a fan of a lot of the dream sequences though, too animeish.   

Kioko
MR66
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Oct 26, 2007 06:29 pm »

aayuo, I LOVE your idea (about the comet actually hitting). That would be amazing, and it would provide a cool climax to the series (as opposed to the invasion on the Day of Black Sun, which won't actually resolve anything, if my suspicions are correct).

Of course, the dream could just be symbolic. After all, the comet's effect (augmenting the firebenders' power) will be the same as hitting the Earth, in that the balance of the four nations will be irrevocably thrown out of whack and the world will be doomed. (I like your explanation better, though. I would bet that Sokka will be the one to figure out that the comet's actually going to hit, as he's, y'know, Idea Guy.)
WaterEarthWindFire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Salaam

« Reply #24 on: Oct 26, 2007 06:30 pm »

WHY did they not show episode 310???

This has nothing to do with episode 309. If you don't have anything to contribute to the discussion at hand, then don't post.

-Tananda, Board Moderator
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2007 08:14 pm by Tananda » Logged
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: