Dec 06, 2019 04:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate the episode
10 - 451 (58.4%)
9 - 186 (24.1%)
8 - 71 (9.2%)
7 - 32 (4.1%)
6 - 14 (1.8%)
5 - 4 (0.5%)
4 - 5 (0.6%)
3 - 3 (0.4%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 6 (0.8%)
Total Voters: 756

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [308] The Puppetmaster  (Read 82384 times)
The Guru
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1075 on: May 14, 2012 04:10 pm »

Kataras story really freaked me out.
Arson
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1076 on: Jan 05, 2013 06:57 am »

Wouldn't fire nation costumes be different 60 years ago ?

BloodbenderBeast
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I've lost my life in water tribe....

« Reply #1077 on: Nov 27, 2013 06:35 am »

.....and our kind Katara became a beast.....

This epizode made me cry.

Raimundo Pedrosa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1078 on: Feb 06, 2014 06:24 pm »

Bloodbending was an ingenious move and the fact that there was actually another waterbender from Katara's tribe caught me completely offguard. Much like Azula however, her insanity made me feel for her, not find her crazy. I felt terrible for her, having to watch her tribe decimate in front of her own eyes and spend the majority of her life confined in a cage and then walk freely after decades of imprisonment, still being imprisoned in a way, forced to live amongst people whom she hated. I felt terrible for Hama, especially at the end when she just went back to prison, which had driven her to insanity in the first place Sad I felt almost as bad for Katara, since she was also a waterbender from Hama's tribe and had to listen to the tale of the horrendous genocide of her civilization and still make the right choice, despite an old master from her own tribe teaching her her own techniques and mothering her. The way that Hama actually played grandmother for the Gaang and nurtured Katara until the full moon was heartfelt, as were Katara's emotions and Hama's whole story  Cry

I don't like how Kitara learned Bloodbending within a few minutes. I mean, she's not a prodigy or anything, so does that mean if another waterbender saw her bloodbending would they learn just as fast?

And what is happening with Zuko, Iroh and gang?! I miss them ;_;

But really, this episode was as creepy as they were saying. I mean the whole, "People are under the mountain screaming!" scenario freaked me out.
I don't agree. She most certainly is a prodigy. She reached mastery of waterbending faster than Azula- the oh so renowned prodigy- reached mastery of firebending or Toph did of earthbending. She's a prodigy, through and through. Plus, she handed an old master her rear end at her own game (Hama at bloodbending).

Double post merged. ~ Icy
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2014 08:25 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged
TyLuko4Ever
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the solution.

« Reply #1079 on: Feb 16, 2014 05:02 am »

The thing with Katara was that she seemed to become a master so unexpectedly. Masters typically tend to have a history, or bloodline, for their advanced skills. But not Katara. It kinda left me wondering too.

Sig by Brush Bender
Keeper of: Ty Lee's "I know you" and Zuko's "Circus freak!"
My DA  My FFN
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #1080 on: Feb 16, 2014 07:13 am »

Katara is known to have trained with Waterbending all her life. She probably made her own moves and techniques, even before could bend it properly. Once she learned how to control water from Pakku, it was a matter of creativity for her to apply all the experience she gained from learning it by herself...
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2014 07:15 am by Furudo Erika » Logged
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #1081 on: Aug 16, 2014 03:00 pm »

I think this episode was originally going to be called "The Dark Side of the Moon". I can see why. I wish Hama would've showed up in "The Southern Raiders".

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #1082 on: Aug 16, 2014 04:16 pm »

I wish Hama would've showed up in "The Southern Raiders".

She had already been taken away by then.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #1083 on: Aug 17, 2014 03:09 pm »

I wish Hama would've showed up in "The Southern Raiders".

She had already been taken away by then.

I know she was taken away. I meant they could have found some way to incorporate her into the story. Whether in her prison revealing something crucial about the raids, or fighting Katara and Zuko.

Then again, I do realize that Hama being involved would slow down the plot and would require "The Southern Raiders" to be a 2-parter. Heck, this episode should have been a 2-parter. Eliminate "The Painted Lady" or "Nightmares and Daydreams" and there you go.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #1084 on: Aug 17, 2014 04:40 pm »

I just don't see how Hama being involved in TSR would serve any purpose. I mean, I guess if you liked her it'd be nice to see her again but otherwise what would be the point?

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1085 on: Aug 17, 2014 05:25 pm »

She could have been encouraging Katara to kill her enemy, and then her journey to the dark side would be complete!

Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #1086 on: Aug 17, 2014 10:16 pm »

She could have been encouraging Katara to kill her enemy, and then her journey to the dark side would be complete!

http://doubleaardvarkmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Emperor-Palpatine-450-x-326.jpg

That is brilliant actually. I am not even joking!

Please remove the img tag when quoting images next time. ~ Icy
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2014 10:39 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged

Mulan95
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1087 on: Sep 18, 2014 07:53 am »

I wish there was a scene where we could see the spirit of Mimi.

\\\"True wisdom begins when we accept things as they are.\\\" -Tenzin
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1088 on: Dec 31, 2014 01:28 pm »

This was one of my all time favorite episodes of the series. Everything worked: the setting, the characters, and si on. Hama was a creepy, if not tragic villain, sure she is a female version of Jet, but her level of disturbing behavior made her surprisingly fresh.  I also like how the original series used fictional powers to tell a deeper story. I complained in the past about how Korra treats bloodbending, but here, I was invested. The rest of the gang took a backseat this episode, but I didn't mind. And as usual, the action was top notch.
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: