Mar 25, 2017 02:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate the episode
10 - 209 (43%)
9 - 105 (21.6%)
8 - 108 (22.2%)
7 - 45 (9.3%)
6 - 12 (2.5%)
5 - 3 (0.6%)
4 - 1 (0.2%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 3 (0.6%)
Total Voters: 475

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [307] The Runaway  (Read 42983 times)
Unbridled Joy of Flight
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Oct 24, 2007 08:26 pm »

Short description: When Toph discovers a quick way to make cash, Katara disapproves, and the rift between them has disastrous consequences.

We're opening this up to discussion by people who have viewed the episode.  If you have not viewed the episode, DO NOT POST HERE.  If you have seen it, fire away!
RMS Oceanic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2007 07:01 pm »

The first third of this episode has been the funniest of the whole of Book 3.

It's nice that Katara and Toph's relationship has grown, and it's also interesting to learn that CM's strong point is also his weakness.

Single best part: "Appa's in charge!"
VinLieger
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2007 07:04 pm »

A mediocre episode especially after ep 6. Good to see toph/katara relationship finally work out and i wanna see more of Hawky.
MingUe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

MingZula is Forever

« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2007 07:19 pm »

I love Toph she calls Katara out on everything the fans want to say. That motherly thing had me on the floor

Why Edward Hates Blondes?

Avy by Tonnie & Sig by Electrimafried
Always and Never
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

What an amazing lie that is...

xX_scizor_Xx@hotmail.com FoxyGramps5543
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2007 07:21 pm »

HOLY CRAP! When the Combustion Man walked into the prison, I nearly crapped my pants. Nothing is scarier than that, seriously. And I felt bad for him when he got hit by the little stone. It was so cute how something that small could heart him soo bad.

Plus, Hawky, ftw.
ibec
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2007 07:32 pm »

to think the tiniest of pebbles hit Combustion Man on the "eye" and made him all woozy and unable to combust Sad
that make sense? anyways.
great episode . loved the hit by a carriage scam...and Sokka with the Wayne Fire disguise.
rate 10

Keeper of Zuko entire Wardrobe, Aang flute, FN War Balloon, Zuko Laughter Cheesy
Mastema
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Prince of Dawn

« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2007 07:33 pm »

Hawky... seriously? You knew he wasn't going to last with a generic name like that. Too bad. Looked awesome perched on Sokka's shoulder.

Also, Combustion Man.... seriously? I can't believe that name is cannon.

Some touching moments, but Toph deserved better if this was her episode to be focused on.

Son of Ursa and Fire Lord Ozai,
Prince of the Fire Nation,
and heir to the throne!
Always and Never
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

What an amazing lie that is...

xX_scizor_Xx@hotmail.com FoxyGramps5543
« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2007 07:35 pm »

Hey! He's coming back. He's just on a trip sending mail to Toph's parents. He's a good Hawk :3
Girher
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Proud Supporter of Tokka and Kataang,

« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2007 07:36 pm »

More Tokka! This is now my all-time favorite episode of all time! Finally more Toph!

Sig made by Frozen

I'm a GIRL!

Keeper of Sokka's Nunchaku skills, Sokka's FN outfit, and Toph's EK hat, and Toph's reinforcements - No stealies XD
Weapon Master of the Chainsaw
  -avvie made Dax -
UberCreep
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Sean+Suppish
« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2007 07:49 pm »

Haha, mud fight.  I thought ALL of the scams were hilarious and the music made it even funnier.  Combustion Man got owned by Toph, haha.

Food and Supplies: 25 silver pieces

Hawky: 3 gold piece

Toph beating Combustion Man with a pebble: Priceless...

There are some things that scamming people can buy, but for everything else, there's Toph.

Crystal Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

-A One Girl Revolution-

« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2007 08:07 pm »

Haha, mud fight.  I thought ALL of the scams were hilarious and the music made it even funnier.  Combustion Man got owned by Toph, haha.

There are some things that scamming people can buy, but for everything else, there's Toph.

Amen to that XD

Lots o random thoughts ahead:

Great episode! I was extremely happy how it turned out and how it did in fact have to do with mostly Toph :3 I loved the friendship moments between Katara and Toph, and the fights were just as entertaining XD Oh and Toph's helpless little bind girl act was SO funny!

Sight Tokka was cute too Cheesy

Hawky FTW I just hope he doesn't get shot down by Combustion man (aka Sparky Sparky BOOM man XD) or something

Best Quote ever: "Katara! You're a genius! A sweaty stinky genius!!!"

One more thing....You know when Katara hit Combuston mans head with ice for a sec I thought she knocked his head off XD
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2007 08:15 pm by Crystal Rose » Logged

-Sig by the awesome Dark Phazon of the SRB fourm-
Wraith
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Face-Stealer

« Reply #11 on: Oct 25, 2007 08:22 pm »

This episode was a really great way to provide some lightened mood when then next episode came up... The 'hit-and-run' scam was great, especially with the climactic return of... Fire... Wang Fire... Toph messing with The Combustion Man was also great.

Of course, the best part of the episode was seeing NAKED!Katara.  It makes me wonder if the final showdown will consist of Katara and Azula in a battle not of who is the best bender, but of who is the sexiest. I MEAN COME ON! Katara got her sexy new wardrobe, which was one-upped by Azula in the bedroom scene, which was in turn defeated by Katara and Aang's sexy dance. And then came The Beach, and Azula was on top again... Until now, that is.

SEASON THREE ON AVATAR, ITS THE BATTLE OF THE FANSERVICE, AND THERE'S NO TELLING WHO WILL WIN!

"What?! Everyone's THINKING it!"

- Sun Warrior on Zukaang Subtext

Keeper of:
- Firelord Ozai's 'Royal Parts'
- Azula's Divine Right
- Roku and Sozin's Tragic Man-Love
- Toph's "Madame Fussy-Britches"
umeko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Diet Otaku, you are indeed brilliant :)

« Reply #12 on: Oct 25, 2007 08:40 pm »

This episode was nice, I liked Toph especially. And I liked seeing the CM man again, and Sokka's original name for him Cheesy Overall I say it's a nice episode, nothing jaw-dropping, but nice nonetheless Smiley

Apparently I'm not a horrible writer Wink
ToughToph
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Leaves from the vine............Secret tunnel!

« Reply #13 on: Oct 25, 2007 08:52 pm »

VERY creative episode! Stuff I never even though about before!

10/10

season 3 is getting better & bettter

Sadly my signature is not longer working. It was Death Note and it was so cute and I am so hurt because i've had it for so many years.

I keep Aang airbending in the opening sequence of The Legend of Korra and Mako\'s trademark cool under fire style
orcacam07
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Oct 25, 2007 09:02 pm »

The little Toph vs. Katara showdown at the beginning was cool, and the Tokka was insane.

"I'm gonna tell you something crazy. I've never told anyone else this before."

<3

"It's Sparky Sparky boom man!"

XD!

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ADORABLE!! <3333

« Reply #15 on: Oct 25, 2007 09:08 pm »

Oh man this epsiode was sooooooo awesome. It was both funny and nerve-wracking. It look like a filler but is not. Is totally cool and awesome and funny all at once. I give it a 9/10

Keeper of: Aang shirtlessness, Firebending Harmony in FM, Aang blindfolded & Aang walking away from the play
Amber
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Toph Rulz

amber18_02@hotmail.com
« Reply #16 on: Oct 25, 2007 09:13 pm »

Haha, mud fight.  I thought ALL of the scams were hilarious and the music made it even funnier.  Combustion Man got owned by Toph, haha.

Amen!

Yay, more Toph!
I really liked this episode, this one was very funny
I hope Hawky comes back soon, he looked good on Sokka
Lol at the mud fight between Katara and Toph, that was awesome!
I also liked Katara's and Toph's friendship, and it was a bit touching when Toph talked about her parents
Oh Sokka, you will never stop amusing me so much!
Yay for Toph pwning combustion man with that pebble!
There so much awesomeness coming from that little blind girl!

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #17 on: Oct 25, 2007 10:03 pm »

A slight letdown after the epic episode 6 but still an entertaining episode nonetheless.

We finally see that Toph does have a weakness. Wood. Go fig. I'm satisfied they didn't portray her as an all-mighty, unstoppable bender anymore. Everyone has flaws.

Yes, seeing Katara & Toph's friendship head to a new level was pleasant to watch. Any relationship would have it's ups and downs and their's no different.

The humour with the hawk and baby-sitter Appa was pretty cute too. Loved the slow-mo during the guessing game scene too.

I laughed when CM almost fried himself after a pebble was thrown at his "eye". The all mighty, half-metal man made a slip-up! Toph sure bruises a lot of egos.

Nice episode with the action and humor but it didn't make me go "oomph!"

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Rango
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I lol'd.

« Reply #18 on: Oct 25, 2007 10:06 pm »

Some great Toph development. Sokka too.

Aang, why did you break up that mud fight?

I hope we see Hawky again. CM too.

All the new villains just seem to be TOO awesome... CM, The Puppetmaster...

Good to see more Toph!

10/10

Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Oct 25, 2007 10:14 pm »

There were a few plot holes in this episode. When they were put in that cell, Toph could have used her bending on the jewelry that Katara is wearing and the messenger hawk would have no idea where to go, unless the animals possess something that always leads them to where they need to go. Then there was the whole blatant disregard for their identities. How long would it take for news to travel that there is an earthbender, waterbender and two male companions being hunted down by the Fire Nation's top assassin, since the town officials knew what was going on?
Sultry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Oct 25, 2007 10:25 pm »

"It's Sparky Sparky boom man!"

That nickname was awesome!! Sokka was so funny. I absolutely loved this episode. It showed how tough, yet sensitive Toph can be. The scams were completely hilarious. Gotta love Toph for abusing her blindness to cheat the cheaters XD

Combustion Man is one scary guy. When he walks in on Katara, I was like 'Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit'. He really is one impressive villain, tho it was good to see him have a weakness.

Sig made by guitarfreak. Keeper of : Sokka's 'Bad Fire Nation baby', Mai's smile in 'The Awakening',  Tenzin's 'Oh, she tried' and Pabu's balloon belly after eating too many noodle
Eman5805
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Soulful Brother

« Reply #21 on: Oct 25, 2007 10:45 pm »

About the CM's name, you guys realize that's his REAL name will probably never even come up, right? I mean we haven't even heard him say a single word yet. CM is just like I called it, a name someone made up because they never find out his real one. And seriously, what is this guy made of? He takes a pointblank misfire of own attack and gets up more annoyed than anything.

I suppose the same kinda happend with Zuko and his failed lightning attempts...

w4t3rb3nd3rb01
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

waterbending ^_^

« Reply #22 on: Oct 25, 2007 11:24 pm »

i loved this episode. xD

the fight between katara and toph at the beginning was a bit exaggerated, but was pretty exciting all the same...

HAWKY!! i hope he comes back. him and momo are my new favorite shipping all of a sudden xD

the CM was pretty cool.  although i think he could have just blasted the ice off his head, but oh well... the smashing was pretty cool all the same

how does the fire nation know that toph can metalbend!?! does that mean that the FN knows that aang is still alive then? or was it just a coincidence that they put her into a wooden cage...

sweat xD that was the best part, other than the other bits of waterbending

10 from me =]

kataang. tokka/sukka.  anthing but zutara >_>
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Oct 25, 2007 11:36 pm »

how does the fire nation know that toph can metalbend!?! does that mean that the FN knows that aang is still alive then? or was it just a coincidence that they put her into a wooden cage...

I believe that CM had given the tip about Toph. Zuko would have found out from somebody that Toph, Sokka and the Earth King were able to get out of their cell, which was made out of metal. It is possible that heavy research had been taken over the past several weeks, even having them get information from those two masters who had captured Toph, who would tell them that she can bend metal. Zuko the highly paranoid person he is runs a complete diagnostic down to the Assassin about what he's up against. When it was revealed that Toph was an earthbender and wanted he may have given the tip to put her in a wooden cell. Then again it could be that the new writers are making mistakes that they should have caught on to.
Randir
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Oct 25, 2007 11:38 pm »

FINALLY! Some character development for Toph. I knew it was coming, but still...I am so glad it is here. I have to say, Katara was getting on my nerves in this episode. But I am glad they fixed her up at the end with 'sweat bending'. Also, Aang's line "It's Sparky Sparky boom man!" and Sokka realizing it is a bad name in the midst of a crisis...PRICELESS!!! Have to say, this is the funniest episode of season 3. It was nice to have CM back too, though I didn't like that a small rock would screw up his bending.
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: