Nov 20, 2019 12:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 430 (43.2%)
9 - 179 (18%)
8 - 145 (14.6%)
7 - 89 (8.9%)
6 - 47 (4.7%)
5 - 37 (3.7%)
4 - 23 (2.3%)
3 - 17 (1.7%)
2 - 6 (0.6%)
1 - 22 (2.2%)
Total Voters: 967

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [305] The Beach  (Read 114723 times)
macadamwest
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #50 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:20 pm »

OK, I'm sorry, I'm an evil person but WTH was that? That episode was horrible. Granted, the only thing I found somewhat amusing was when Azula said " Mom thought I was a monster, she was right, but it still hurt."

Did Zuko have memories of Iroh playing with him and his sister or was that his dad?

Either way the episode stunk.
BlackxRose19
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"He's making fire out of NOTHING!!!" :D

« Reply #51 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:20 pm »

I must add this, cause I just saw someone say it:  Azula actually seemed to me, at some certain times, to actually care about Zuko...not all the time, of course, but she did come and find him when he was up at that one house...maybe she's not as cruel as believed...I like to hope...

~I ship Zucest...don't kill me...
~Keeper of: Azula's possible soul/heart, Toph's crazy poofy morning hair, Crazula's crying in the finale. Cheesy
candycane
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I think...I've become a shipper!

« Reply #52 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:20 pm »

So, it really was Ozai's hand on Zuko's shoulder. Huh. That reveals a lot. No wonder Zuko is so confused. His family can actually be normal. Well, kind of normal.

Maiko still grosses me out, though.  Undecided

The many looks of Zuzu
Keeper of:
The nickname Zuzu, Zuko's metamorphosis, Jet's messed up childhood, Sokka's tears
shock96
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #53 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:20 pm »

This ep. was interesting because for a moment, i thought zuko was going to say he was angry at the Avatar... It shows he's more confused and angsty(lol!), and I think there might be a small chance he joins the Gaang now.

I'm going out on a limb here, but here's a scenario I think will happen:

-Iroh breaks out of prison, and catches up with the Gaang just as the Combustion Man and Zuko catch up with the Gaang also (though all 3 come from different directions). Iroh sacrifices himself to destroy the comb. man, and with his last words and death, convinces zuko to teach aang firebending.

The person who released me was kinder than I thought...
agni-kie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #54 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:20 pm »

I thought the writing took some chances that paid off.  Although each character could only get their own small moment I think they made the most of the opportunity.  The gags were certainly funny.

I guess what bugs me is that this throws the group dynamic off by actually adding cohesion.  I didn't see the start of any riff.  Unless they all plan to stab each other in the back (especially Azula) I only saw that they kind of understood each other and shared some common ground.  The final alignment of everyone is still way up in the air for the last battle for control of the Fire Nation.

And what exactly did Chan do to get his house wrecked?  He was far less of a jerk then they were in the end.
Aegis
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Nothing's hopeless

« Reply #55 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:20 pm »

... And the artwork! It's been fantastic, but somehow is still managing to get better. The "flashback" pictures were especially nice.

The [short] fight scene... If this is how the small fight with the assassin is, I can't imagine how good the battle with Sozin will be.  Smiley

Edit:

Ironically, by burning the note about the Avatar still being alive, the man that was sent to kill Aang may have actually saved him... I did not expect that to happen at all.
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2007 08:25 pm by Aegis » Logged

TyLeeFan79
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #56 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:21 pm »

10/10...one word...spectacular!

Awesome episode!  Not only did we get introduced to the new nemesis for book 3, but we got a history lesson from the fire nation crew.  It was very cool to see Azula try to be normal, then delve right back into her controlling pshyco-girl self again.  Ty Lee was over the top ditzy this episode, but her breakdown and confession at the end broght her back full circle.  Her character makes alot more sence now.  Zuko and Mai was pretty dramatic...we went from cold and monotonous, to "it's over", to hugs and kisses at the end.  Looks to me like Maiko's here to stay people.  

favorite moment...when Azula confesses that she felt like her mother saw her as a monster.

(long pause) "of course she was right about that"...hilarious!!!!!!

and oh yeah, Ty Lee's a babe! lol

lightbender15
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #57 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:21 pm »

I adored this episode. Even though people are saying that they didn't like it 'cause there was no gaang, you have to remember that from "headband" to '"Sokka's master" there was little to no Ozai Angels and all Gaang. THis episode changed up the pace a little bit, and gave us some really good background information. Also, the episode was packed with laughs, like "WE WILL BE THE MOST POWERFUL COUPLE", I laughed out loud at that. Though the gang scene was short, it was not wasted and left us waiting for more. Plus, we have the much needed return of Ty Lee.  Wink Wink Grin Grin

Sig gimped by me! Screenshot from ASN!
Holly Go Lightly
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Enter the Bleach...

« Reply #58 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:21 pm »

this episode was okay, i liked that we got to know more about them and that it focused on them instead of the gaang for once. i laughed so hard when azula said something like,"as a couple we will dominate the world!" and blue fire shot out of her hands. i was almost happy when zuko and mai broke up for a few minutes, then my smile turned to a frown when they kissed at the end. although i must say it was a relief when she got angry. the volleyball scene was very hot. i liked the stillshot at the end, i thought it was rather cute. its like the evil version of the gaang.

omg, sokka has longer hair! sexy......
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #59 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:21 pm »

I loved this episode. Where to begin with, I'll save my thoughts on Azula for last.

The guys frawning over Ty Lee, I loved it. Finally they show some love for Ty Lee, almost as good as last week's showing love for Iroh, I loved it. She deserved some attention.

The Zuko / Mai stuff, it is kind of predictable. They never appologies to each other, but still worked thing out. I liked it, they didn't give the standard "I am sorry." "No I am sorry", it is cliche and OOC for both of them. It didn't need to be said.

Zuko and his solo development, I think he finally revealed the truth of what he was bottle up all along, and that was his quilt.

The part when they all talked, I was very surprised to see these characters act like that. Ty Lee has 6 sister, who knew? Mai's parents actully being strict, find it hard to believe, those nice people we saw in Return To Omashu might be very strict. I thought when Azula said Mai's mother put unbeliveable pressure on her, she was talking about Ozai.

Now for  the gAang's storyline, not much to say. I had a feeling, the assasain was going to get that message. They really need to get better at the hiding out thing.

I am interested to what Ozai is planning with his advicer. Maybe we will find in the next episode.

Now last but not least, Azula. Dam she is a messed up person. She is a typical career women, who is non stop in work mode 24 / 7, lots of people are like that. Only thing is Azula's career happens to conquer the world. I knew that Ursa played the role in messing Azula up. I loved her line "Of course she was right about that." that was so funny. I think Azula might have been normal a long long long time ago, but Ozai kind of thought her to be psycopath, and she became a real psycopath. So Ozai played a key role in messing her up, with Ursa being an enabling, not paying attention, and just worried about Zuko. But Azula is not blameless either.

I am not saying Azula showed a good side, she showed a non evil side for once. A neutral side, with the evil side interfering from time to time with the neutral side. I was furious when she made Ty Lee cry for one second, before she surprised, and actully showed remourse and try to cheer her up.

Azula is the star character of this show for me or the show stealer. Zuko suppose to be the star character, but the stuff he did, we seen him act like many times, I am used to it. But the way Azula acted at time, just blow me away with shock.

I think if Azula makes it through this war alive. Maybe they should just lock her up in the nut house.
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2007 09:05 pm by fireywaters » Logged

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Eman5805
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Soulful Brother

« Reply #60 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:22 pm »

Another thing I loved was the complete lack of soundtrack when CM attacked...

JillRG
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We plan, God laughs.

« Reply #61 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:22 pm »

I wrote a fanfic theorizing that the strategy for "The Crossroads of Destiny" was "break every rule and tradition in animation you can." I think the strategy for this episode was "never be subtle." A shirtless scene would be subtle. Add doves and fangirls... WOW. Girls in bathing suits would be subtle, but Ty Lee... yikes! How did they get this stuff past the censors? "The Beach" ROCKS!

Zuko really got the Shinji Ikari treatment from the 3 girls during the therapy session. I swear, his speech sounds like it's right from Evangelion. Only cooler.

Sig by the genius cavesareforshipping
TiJiL
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #62 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:23 pm »

A decent episode.  It felt too sporadic and fast to me.

The Combustion Man/Gaang scenes were all very cool (and gorgeous), but they were so short I would have rather seen them moved to another episode.

The various anti-gang scenes were hilarious to assorted degrees (most particularly Azula), but I felt the episode didn't really start until the last ten minutes, which made the whole psychoanalysis scene feel really tacked on and rushed.

Still, good stuff.  Lots of humor.  And *gasp* a reason not to hate Azula's guts?  Egads!

GreenFlame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Bokura No Love Style

« Reply #63 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:24 pm »

It was so cool! i flipped out the makio was BLAH, i could live with out it, i felt so bad for azula! and i wanted more sokka! my sweet lil sokka!

Navi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Honor means nothing if you dont know loyalty.

« Reply #64 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:24 pm »

Wow, fire nation teens are just like normal teens, breakups happen at illegal parties. : D

I love Zuko's awkwardness, i wouldnt mind dating him. XD the Seashell was great. ^ ^ I hate seashells also, think they are boring, but just the way he gave it to her would of made me like them.

Ty lee was awsome in this eppie also. Im sure it was hell living with 6 people just like you. @__@ Like a litter of albino kittens. @__@

I figured Mai was a rich kid that had to be prim and proper. After hearing her story, i felt kind of bad, she needs to hang with Aang and gang.

Eman5805
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Soulful Brother

« Reply #65 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:24 pm »

When Zuko RIPPED off his clothes and the doves flew by, my first thought was "Did John Woo direct this episode?"

HolyCross
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #66 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:25 pm »

I thought this eppy was good! Most of the parts were funny, but the parts where they were confessing about why they are what they are now were sad. I nearly cried when Zuko said that he was angry at himself. And I got a little different view of Ozai. That guy seemed to have small care for his son. I give this eppy a 10/10.

God Bless!

Avy by Brush Bender Sig by Planet_Unicron

My Poetry
Rango
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I lol'd.

« Reply #67 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:25 pm »

Ty Lee has six sisters?!? All looking like her?! Holy septuplets, Batman
*Insert low brow joke about super flexible, sexy septuplets here*

I had a feeling Lo and Li used to be hot. Zuko's gag= priceless

Oh, Ty Lee. How I've missed you.

Azula, wth? I like mah villians 100% cold and heartless! Oh well! They managed to keep her in character the whole time. Quite a challenge knowing what Azula's like. That part about her being a monster cracked me up.
"My own mother thought I was a monster. I AM, but it still hurt!"

I just now got the Breakfast Club reference. Undecided

What will Zuko do? With Azula and even Ozai being portrayed in a better light, Zuko completely turning against them (as in physically attacking them) is seeming less likely.

The CM was just... spectacular. It was like a minute total but... EPIC. I really hope we see him again, and hope he gets a proper name.

Another thing I loved was the complete lack of soundtrack when CM attacked...
I liked that as well. It made the situation seem more dire to me.

EPIC WIN. 10/10.

Fire Starter
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"No mercy for the weak."

« Reply #68 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:25 pm »

i thought the creators said that season three was supposed to be the best out of the three or whatever, but season two is blowing it out of the water so far.

heck even season one got off to a better start

Keeper of the Dai Li gauntlets
Jinko_
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

...I'm a Kira Supporter and hate L. o3o;

« Reply #69 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:26 pm »

I thought that the shocked guy with the pacman bird was very...out of place. :/
This episode was very anime-ish. Like the writers where trying too hard. o.o;

And a new ship was born. xD Ty-Luko! HehHeh...I like it. o_o;;;

Kataang, Tokka, Maiko, Zutara, Zukaang, Toko
Navi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Honor means nothing if you dont know loyalty.

« Reply #70 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:27 pm »

When Zuko RIPPED off his clothes and the doves flew by, my first thought was "Did John Woo direct this episode?"

HA HA! JOHN WOO! Nice, i was thinking the same thing.

GreenFlame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Bokura No Love Style

« Reply #71 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:27 pm »

i agree sokka's hair made me squeal! i wanted to see more of it though...*cries* :'(

ToughToph
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Leaves from the vine............Secret tunnel!

« Reply #72 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:28 pm »

Outfits waaaay to inappropriate!! I mean my nine year old brother was watching. Anyways, I really liked how we got to know the characters more. I liked wait scratch that, looved aang's fighting. I loved the animation and art in the episode. Plenty of humor in it especially the picture at the end. Zuko's past was revealed more and Azula's sensitive side too. I liked how they showed that everyone needs a mother's love. Oh yeah the typical life of a teen was funny too, especially Azula, they showed that those boys are very very snobby. Know all guys know that girls don't really think they're funny. Those 4 are probably going to stay just as tight as the aang gang as hard it is to belive.

Toph's hot
Aang rocks

Sadly my signature is not longer working. It was Death Note and it was so cute and I am so hurt because i've had it for so many years.

I keep Aang airbending in the opening sequence of The Legend of Korra and Mako\'s trademark cool under fire style
Dalanti
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #73 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:28 pm »

Okay... That episode was very akward and tacky. That's how I'm gonna sum it up.

Zuko: Gosh, boy. A little TOO much drama there. Oh, and decide if you like Mai or not. You being a flip flopper is getting annoying.

Azula: Wow. That was really bizarre. You must have never been around any boys except zuzu when you were a kid, were ya? Also, you play awesome at volleyball, but take it a bit easy next time, okay?

Ty Lee: Your voice sounded really weird. I also find it weird that you still haven't gotten kissed yet, but Azula has.... also, what was even UP with that Ty Luko moment?!?!?! Do you secretly like zuzu or something???

Mai: Okay, your awesome. So what is that now, 4 (on screen) kisses? You go girl. Way to show emotion, way to just be Mai. You go the distance.

Overall: The episode screamed fan service. The anime was overbearing and just too annoying. The whole 'let's all tell really sad sob stories about each other' was a bit stupid. Also, Ty Lee cried like, what, 3 times during that episode? Oh, and the gaang. For the 2 minutes we saw of them, it was great. For some reason, I was uber happy that the messanger hawk didn't make it to the firelord. DOn't know why. I really liked Toph in the episode. Everyone just needs to drop what they are doing and listen to Toph. She is the voice of reason in this episode.
candycane
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I think...I've become a shipper!

« Reply #74 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:29 pm »

This episode left me with many conflicting emotions...emotional dissonance. It left me so confused, since Azula never showed any emotion before. I dunno how to feel.  Embarrassed

I still want Zuko to teach Aang firebending, though.

The many looks of Zuzu
Keeper of:
The nickname Zuzu, Zuko's metamorphosis, Jet's messed up childhood, Sokka's tears
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: