Dec 11, 2017 07:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 430 (43.2%)
9 - 179 (18%)
8 - 145 (14.6%)
7 - 89 (8.9%)
6 - 47 (4.7%)
5 - 37 (3.7%)
4 - 23 (2.3%)
3 - 17 (1.7%)
2 - 6 (0.6%)
1 - 22 (2.2%)
Total Voters: 967

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [305] The Beach  (Read 96593 times)
Pieman Joe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:09 pm »

That was funny, I really like the still shot at the end, so great.
SomeRandomGuy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Wii Number: 0804-5699-2890-0173

« Reply #26 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:09 pm »

Pretty good episode. i liked how we got to see more of Zuko, Ty Lee, Mai, and Azula. I liked the Volleyball scene. I give it a 9/10. I wanted to see more of the Aang and crew. Also the Mind-Blasting man.

Thanks to GEORGiE for sig and avatar
Keeper of: Appas commanding growl, Sokka's "Appa's in charge", The dragonflies in Ba Sing Se's zoo, Hue's "Pants are an illusion and so is death"
NoraBlack
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:10 pm »

I thought for some reason that Zuko was going to say he was angry at the Avatar.

The episode was decent, but I think it could've been better. It was no Zuko Alone. I thought that the last scene was a bit too much telling instead of showing. Also, I wonder how long they've had these backstories? I don't remember Mai's mother being overly controlling in RtO, although watching it again with new information might chance that. Maybe that lady is actually her step-mother since there's such a big gap between her and Tom-Tom, but then again they look a lot alike. 
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #28 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:10 pm »

I *so* knew that Li and Lo were hot when they were young Grin  But they are SO weird now. Seriously creepy...

It was a good episode. I didn't like that they kinda left the thing with CM hanging, though I understand that the Gaang was the B-plot and they weren't getting much screentime anyway.

As for the A-plot, I loved it Cheesy  It was great learning all these things about the Fire Nation teens. Ty Lee has six sisters?!? All looking like her?! Holy septuplets, Batman! Shocked  And Azula did seem affected by the fact that Ursa preferred Zuko over her, though she admitted that Ursa was right in thinking she was a little monster Tongue hehehe, that was kinda funny.

Oh Azula, you are so awkward around boys. So awkward and such a little psycho. Though she did get to make out a little bit, even if it was just one kiss.

Did Ty Lee sound weird to anyone else? Or is it that I forgot what she sounds like because we haven't seen her in any episodes since Season 2?

I also wish they would have told that Chan kid who they were. Though the look on his face when they were destroying the house was priceless.

And Zuko burned the family portrait! That was kinda sad...

More thoughts later, after I've watched it again a few more times Tongue

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
J J Mao
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Sig and icon by me P:

« Reply #29 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:10 pm »

Overall, this episode was enjoyable. The character development was great, and needed. I loved Azula's maniacal awkwardness  in this episode. Twas funny.

I wish there was more with the gAang though. One thing's for sure. Hair-down Sokka and shirtless Aang are oh so sexy <3

9/10

EDIT: Hey, did anyone else find the out of place anime references annoying and unessecary? Like the little bird thing across Chan's face, and his expression. Also the guy who was crying and also had... mucus (for lack of a better word) coming out of his nose.

Odd...
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2007 08:13 pm by J J Mao » Logged

Keeper of Sokka's "Go to your room!"
Keeper of Aang's "Flamey-O"
J J's Horrid Art Cheesy
BlackxRose19
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"He's making fire out of NOTHING!!!" :D

« Reply #30 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:11 pm »

Wow...words cannot describe how much I loved that episode.  I thought it was amazing!

Just a few of my favorite parts:  I laughed so hard, yet I was still able to be really sad when Zuko went and saw the picture of his family.  Azula's awkward with guys!  That was so hilarious!  Poor Azula...can't get a guy...

The last part, when they were all talking around the fire, made me really sad because they all do really have problems in their pasts, as much as they don't admit it.  Azula, I do believe, seems to actually have a little bit of a soul...of course, everytime I'd think "she has a heart!", she'd make some other comment like "you're pathetic" and I wouldn't think that anymore...but, is it just me, or did she seem bothered by the fact that her own mother thought she was a monster?  I think so...

Ty Lee...I guess we never knew much of her past, and it made me really sad...

Also, because I have to say this for all the Gaang fans, Combustion Man was pretty dang cool...so was the fight scene...But, who are we kidding?  This epi. was really about Zuko, Azula, and the others.

Avatar: The Last Airbender?  No, tonight it was Teenage Angst Fest.  But, I still loved it!!!  Wink

By the way...who noticed the abscence of next week's episode preview?  I thought it was 10 straight weeks!

~I ship Zucest...don't kill me...
~Keeper of: Azula's possible soul/heart, Toph's crazy poofy morning hair, Crazula's crying in the finale. Cheesy
Navi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Honor means nothing if you dont know loyalty.

« Reply #31 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:13 pm »

Azula I think wants to think like a NORMAL teen, but for her to get the thrown, she has to cover up all joy/happyness(what little she has) with Anger/hate/tearing people down/picking Zuzu/and making fun of uncle. Thats why she is daddy's little monster.  Cheesy mom's also.

KeiyaJade
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Keeper of Toph's crush on Sokka

blacknbloofaerie
« Reply #32 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:13 pm »

I didn't really like that episode all that much.  It was really random, and I'm usually a fan of random.  Azula trying to act like a normal teenager did nothing for me.  I couldn't even understand why.
The Gaang's small part was very cool, and Sokka with his hair down was a plus.  A part I did like was Zuko going to the house and remembering the past.  Well, at least he finally realizes he's angry at himself.
All in all, I guess everyone revealing their problems at once was a good way to explain things, but it didn't really work for me.

And where's my preview?

A moment of silence for Siri Tachi and Mara Jade...
Fallen Jedi, never forgotten.
Crystal Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

-A One Girl Revolution-

« Reply #33 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:13 pm »

Wow.....That was.....Intresting

I had a feeling Mai and Zuko would get back together, their Angsty selves need eachother X3 But I still feel a little bit weird about their relationship with eachother. I also think Ty Lee needs some hugs, everyone is so mad to her just because she's happy...Jelous much? And I almost think that Azula's a half decent sister....Almost....She's looks like she was trying to be normal and nice for once (too mad she's REALLY bad at it)

Fuunny episode all in all, though I thought that ending was a little cheesy

Also: Gross twin old ladies.....EWWWW

-Sig by the awesome Dark Phazon of the SRB fourm-
Zarr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:14 pm »

And it's psychology hour on Avatar! Complete with stories about people's mothers. All that was missing was some of those reclining couches around the fire.

This episode seemed a little sporadic to me. Little five minute action scene with Mr. Metal Blowy Uppy Eye Guy, then some Fire Teen character development. I loved how all four of them were terribly socially inept, though. Especially Azula. WE SHALL BE THE MOST POWERFUL COUPLE! *blue flames* Priceless. Good to have continued insights into FN culture as well. Overall good episode, if a bit weird.

Also, blatant fan service for the win. Tongue

Haha, signature. What? Yeah.
Sokka_ish_love
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Sokka is teh luff!

« Reply #35 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:15 pm »

That episode was great! Azula scared me though. I think she scared Chan too. "Together, we will be the most powerful couple in the world! We will rule all!" lol

She was so uncharacteristically kind to Zuko, and we actually saw her being friendly to Ty Lee! (with the whole, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean that." thing.)
Azula trying to laugh was the funniest thing.

Zuko imitating Ty Lee was quite amusing too, even though I don't think I was supposed to laugh there.
The character development was great. I just wish they would go more in depth with it. When they kept asking Zuko who he was angry at, I had a suspicion they were working together to try and get Zuko to say he was mad at the Avatar. But, then the whole Right vs. Wrong thing came up, and I was so relieved. They didn't need any lies or deceit in that episode. It was just a feel good happy episode I suppose. Can anything involving Azula be 'feel good'? I don't think that's possible! lol

New Momo hats! All the rage for fugitive waterbenders! Get yours today!
candycane
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I think...I've become a shipper!

« Reply #36 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:15 pm »

Li and Lo were so cute! Ty Lee cried. Azula almost cried! Zuko almost cried! Mai has a reason for not showing emotions. Zuko likes seashells (hehe).

That family portrait was so sad. Ozai used to be a good dad!???

Azula was so awkward. It was cute. And she got a kiss!

Ty Lee had some cleavage!!

More when I remember...

The many looks of Zuzu
Keeper of:
The nickname Zuzu, Zuko's metamorphosis, Jet's messed up childhood, Sokka's tears
WaterTribe_Khai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:15 pm »

I have never laughed so hard in my life. I love the fact that Azula is just as socially awkward as Zuko is- that was unexpected and downright hilarious. The bad guys really got their day, and it was a great episode.

Azula is rapidly gaining a place in my heart. Part of me pities her just a little bit. I'm glad she got some flaws. And Zuko... I really liked him in this episode. Say what you want about him, but the boy does try. I think he and Mai are cute, in the fact that they balance each other out. Zuko's a temper mental hothead, and Mai's too cool to care.

And, apparently, Ty Lee's a man magnet.

I want more Laser Head man!

10/10, no doubt.
Navi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Honor means nothing if you dont know loyalty.

« Reply #38 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:16 pm »

THE OLD LADY'S ROCK! in a odd barfing kind of way. >  >

btw, what happened to the next epppie preview?

Eman5805
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Soulful Brother

« Reply #39 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:16 pm »

They said it would be a different episode and we'd either love or hate it. I see why in spades...

PicklexDreamer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avvie by frozen!

« Reply #40 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:16 pm »

I expected Zuko to be angry for not hurrying and using the spirit water because if he had used it, Aang wouldn't be alive and he wouldn't feel so guilty during the Share Your thoughts bonfire.(Not that I want Aang to die)
Did Mai's voice sound off?
Zintos
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:17 pm »

I laughed Cheesy, I cried :'(, I was on the edge of my seat Shocked. I think Dante Basco had a cold or something. Anyone else notice the change in his voice? Anyway, Azula dominated the laughs in this episode.
I think he's going through puberty!! Wink

Dante Basco is 32 years old...
macedawg712
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:17 pm »

dude, that ROCKED! i thought azula would pull off the normal thing, but alas...

quick question, when aang did that awesome jump up, turn around and blast combustion man's fire to propel him backwards into a huge rock thing...was that firebending or air bending around the fire?
Sharkypal28
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Sharkypal28
« Reply #43 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:17 pm »

Toph: "Well that was random"
That pretty much sums up the episode for me.

Katsumara
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Rykeile
« Reply #44 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:17 pm »

Oh man, I just loved that episode. Whether it's from Li and Lo, to the Aang gaang fight with the "Exploding things with his mind" to the confessions on the beach, it was just so awesome.

Was nice to see everyone from Zuko's gang and such in a relaxed environment, even though they weren't really all that relaxed. Azula on the beach during the volleyball, then trying to impress the guy, and then at the end was just priceless. Her little moment with the guy on the balcony was classic. Anime face/freakout for the win. Her moment with Zuko on the beach was pretty nice too.

The bit on the beach with the confessions and everything was pretty nice. It was nice to see Ty Lee talk about her childhood, and then Mai to actually show some emotion. Zuko blaming himself and being angry with himself was a good dramatic point too. Nice to see Mai doesn't let Zuko's random explosions actually get to her. Cute couple, even if they are so dark, it's not even funny. The part with him burning the picture was sort of sad though. D:

The Aang gaang at the swimhole was pretty funny. Amazing those two fire nation guys see him, but nothing happens. Then when the "Guy who explodes things with his mind" showed up, it picked up. The fight scene, although small.. was pretty intense. I enjoyed it immensely. The way Aang got away was pretty awesome and clever too. Rock-armor ftw.

Either way.. 10/10 here. I don't care if it's "filler" or not. This episode was made of so much epic win.

Yeah. The fanservice here was in massive amounts, but oh god did I enjoy it. D:

Oh, and yeah. The part at the end with Katara/Aang was all kinds of win too. xD

I like cake.
Pictomancer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:17 pm »

This was incredible. Loved all the character insight. Azula's social awkwardness with her peers was interesting, and before seeing this ep all the way through I wouldn't have questioned whether or not she really regretted what she said to Ty Lee - but now I wonder a little. I was surprised that Zuko wanted to burn the portrait - before he announced he was mad at himself (which makes sense) I thought he was going to say he was mad at his mother for leaving. I liked that they showed all the past moments and the seeming "friendship" among the royal family members here, even despite all the hell and hatred that's come up as well. That kind of seemingly contradictory feeling among famiy is a good example of how hard family relations can be.

Of course, the trashing of the house was good fun.

Combustion Man's... combustion beam or whatever, was wonderfully animated.
drizzt
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:18 pm »

yes this was a very good episode, but I think it could have been better. It seemed a little rushed,
awkward, and one thing that kind of disappointed me was the part where aang is getting chased
by the guy with the eye on his head and then it goes in slow motion and aang blocks the explosion. The reason I was mad about it was because it was in the trailer for the third season and on the trailer it looked like he was bending fire. So I thought he would do that big explosion thing by himself.  did anyone else think he was bending fire on the trailer too ,or was it just me? 
zipper
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:19 pm »

Well I don't usually do this but since I'm here I decided to write. It started out as a typical filler episode with zuko and the girls but it was still pretty good. I liked them addressing azula's social awkwardness around people not in uniforms and her destroying people's lives. Zuko addressed that he was still conflicted about Ba Sing Se and Mai and Ty lee. Zuko's assassin finally caught aang and the gaang. It was a pretty good fight but not playing any music during it really made it stand out for me. The only thing I'm mad about is that nick robbed me of a preview for next week...unless it's not playing next week.  Shocked
MingUe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

MingZula is Forever

« Reply #48 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:19 pm »

I give it an 8. I loved it but it seemed like one of those epsiodes where they try and get you to sympathize with the characters in one episode.

It was interesting, but it just seem like one big sob story rolled into one. The information was great and Azula having no people skills was awesome

Why Edward Hates Blondes?

Avy by Tonnie & Sig by Electrimafried
BrightMinister
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Oct 19, 2007 08:19 pm »

Fire Nation without Iroh seems so.....whiny

But I giggled throught out the whole episode. Zuko's shirtless scene was like 'oh god no' and fangirls did scream right after it. The circle of confession thing was kind of cheesy, but I liked how they put all the emotions in togehter, especially to Ty Lee and Mai.

Gaang scene- Short, too short, but awesome. Shiva man (Yes I just called CM that) was made of awesome and Aang was made with it too. The action was one of the best in the season

Too bad Sokka only got one line....

Kudos for the "random remark"

Conclusion: Funny, but the fire nation story kind of felt....teeny boppy. I wanted my epic fights and at least they it with Aang.

8 still because it is Avatar

This is Getting Old ain't it?

I own the Zeppelins!
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: