May 27, 2017 01:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 430 (43.2%)
9 - 179 (18%)
8 - 145 (14.6%)
7 - 89 (8.9%)
6 - 47 (4.7%)
5 - 37 (3.7%)
4 - 23 (2.3%)
3 - 17 (1.7%)
2 - 6 (0.6%)
1 - 22 (2.2%)
Total Voters: 967

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [305] The Beach  (Read 93436 times)
Invisible Ink
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1425 on: Mar 18, 2014 05:45 pm »

7/10

Something to consider in respect to why Chad and Ron Jon didn't recognize Zuko and Azula.. The fire nation is obviously a very honor (shame) based culture.  I doubt that they would draw Zuko with his scar even after the incident, so only people who saw him or heard the rumor would know exactly what he looked like.  Also, you would think that in the fire Nation many people would have burns from various incidents. As for Azula, I imagine it would be quite difficult to draw Azula to match her disposition.  They would probably imagine the fire nation princess to look less psychotic like she acted after their volleyball match.

Things that seem separate and different are really one and the same.
longman83
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1426 on: Apr 02, 2014 08:31 pm »

7/10

Something to consider in respect to why Chad and Ron Jon didn't recognize Zuko and Azula.. The fire nation is obviously a very honor (shame) based culture.  I doubt that they would draw Zuko with his scar even after the incident, so only people who saw him or heard the rumor would know exactly what he looked like.  Also, you would think that in the fire Nation many people would have burns from various incidents. As for Azula, I imagine it would be quite difficult to draw Azula to match her disposition.  They would probably imagine the fire nation princess to look less psychotic like she acted after their volleyball match.

Actually there was this painting of zuko and mai in the black sun episode:

In a pre-printing press pre-information age I can see how some children of the nobility would not immediately recognize Zuko and Azula. Particularly since their presence was rather low-key. No entourage, no palanquin bearers or imperial guard, no distinctive royal headpiece. Even the boat they arrived in was tame.
Invisible Ink
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1427 on: Apr 05, 2014 01:36 pm »

^Maybe that was one of the reasons they all looked pissed off on the boat ride, other than the fact that they were forced to go there.  They were shocked that it was such an unofficial trip, and they got mild withdrawals because of it.

Things that seem separate and different are really one and the same.
Mulan95
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1428 on: Aug 30, 2014 07:29 am »

Didn't like this epsiode at all...way too modern for me, it just doesn't fit into the Avatar universe IMO.

\\\"True wisdom begins when we accept things as they are.\\\" -Tenzin
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #1429 on: Aug 30, 2014 09:55 am »

Azula just had to say "I'm Foyah Lord Ozai's daughter" to have every.single.young male yell "HHHAAYYYYYYY" before fighting for her.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1430 on: Dec 31, 2014 01:36 pm »

This is easily one of the worst episodes in the entire franchise. A number of people covered my problems with the writing and characterization. It is a shame that Ozai's Angels whining about their childhoods is considered character developement. That is nonsense. The insights we got into their pasts were just freudian excuses, and bad ones at that. They did nothing to shed light on why Mai or Ty Lee make their choices. What is worse is that some people, when talking about the Red Lotus, argue that they could have benefited from having their own "Beach" episode. To that I laugh. Say what you will about Korra, but the portrayal of the Red Lotus was not one of its flaws. We know nothing of their past, but we know their worldview and we can understand them based on that. With Ozai's Angels we have none of that.

Anyway, the fight with Combustion Man was insanely awesome. I loved that no music played during the fight. That was cool.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1431 on: Dec 31, 2014 03:29 pm »

This is easily one of the worst episodes in the entire franchise. A number of people covered my problems with the writing and characterization. It is a shame that Ozai's Angels whining about their childhoods is considered character developement. That is nonsense. The insights we got into their pasts were just freudian excuses, and bad ones at that. They did nothing to shed light on why Mai or Ty Lee make their choices. What is worse is that some people, when talking about the Red Lotus, argue that they could have benefited from having their own "Beach" episode. To that I laugh. Say what you will about Korra, but the portrayal of the Red Lotus was not one of its flaws. We know nothing of their past, but we know their worldview and we can understand them based on that. With Ozai's Angels we have none of that.

Anyway, the fight with Combustion Man was insanely awesome. I loved that no music played during the fight. That was cool.

This post is Loopy Approved TM.

Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: