Nov 14, 2019 01:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 380 (57.9%)
9 - 162 (24.7%)
8 - 90 (13.7%)
7 - 19 (2.9%)
6 - 0 (0%)
5 - 2 (0.3%)
4 - 2 (0.3%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 1 (0.2%)
Total Voters: 634

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [304] Sokka's Master  (Read 70959 times)
Navi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Honor means nothing if you dont know loyalty.

« Reply #25 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:07 pm »

the beach episode looks awsome!

Please add more to your posts. One liners do no contribute and only take up space. Also, this thread is for the episode Sokka's Master, not The Beach. Try looking for the new Next on Avatar thread in WoA.

-Tananda, Board Moderator
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2007 08:09 pm by Tananda » Logged

Amagoi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:07 pm »

Wow this was a great episode. There was a lot of character development on Sokka. And I saw Tokka, and it was good. This was probably the most obvious showing of it since The Serpent's Pass. T'was awesome! I'm interested in the idea that Sokka may end up being a member of the Order of White Lotus. Did you see that coming? Of course you didn't, me niether.

I yelled when I saw Iroh buff. He freaked me out. He's as buff as Bumi now! That's crazy stuff..
Jinko_
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

...I'm a Kira Supporter and hate L. o3o;

« Reply #27 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:08 pm »

@TiJiL : Actually we have, did you heard the grunting and panting? ;P
Not really talking...
But I'll take it!

Kataang, Tokka, Maiko, Zutara, Zukaang, Toko
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #28 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:08 pm »

This episode was AMAZING. If I could rate it a 20 I would Tongue

Poor Sokka in the beginning of the episode, only able to do lemur-sitting Tongue  And Iroh! His first scene nearly made me cry! The old man is very smart. Very smart indeed!

I love how Sokka loves shopping. It's so cute Cheesy

So Toph learned earthbending from badgermoles. I think it was on the Nick website, but they'd never actually said it in the show, right? In any case, it's good to know Smiley

Hehehe, Katara doesn't tell good jokes Tongue

I totally love Sokka. The training sequence with the master was great. Just simply great. I <3 Sokka. And I totally <3 Iroh too. Did you see those exercises he was doing?!?

And when he took off the robe --- WHOA!!!!! IROH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUSCLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

And I couldn't help but think "Sokka, you idiot!" when he confessed to being from the Southern Water Tribe. But it was obvious that the master already knew that. And he's from the White Lotus!

Is it just me or does that look like the Master wants Sokka to join the White Lotus Society eventually?

Oh man, too much awesome. Too much awesome. This episode was so awesome. I'll post again later, when I'm able to think straight again Cheesy

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Leona629
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Tokka is my drug

« Reply #29 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:08 pm »

I can't say how much I loved this episode.

First, I think I'm in love with Iroh.  He's getting buff and acting the fool.  How cool is he, anyway?

Second, they finally got back to Toph's crush on Sokka.  Haven't seen much of it since "The Serpent's Pass." I'm still rooting for Suki, though.

Third, I thought that the Gaang missing Sokka was priceless.  Proves that they do need him after all.

Finally, Sokka's training.  How great was it?!  Especially loved the butler.  Also liked the way he made his own sword.  And you just know that the White Lotus is going to come back by the end of the episode.

Aaah,  only 6 days, 23 hours, 23 minutes until the next Avatar.  (Am I obsessed?)

WaterLady
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Master of Water

SakuraSweetie34
« Reply #30 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:09 pm »

That was awesome!! GREAT episode!!

I loved Sokka in this ep. He was just awesome. I loved everyone else trying to survive without him.  Anyone else notice Toph blushing when he came back? Awwww Smiley

And Iroh...wow. He's all strong and buff now. I wonder what he's planning to do.

So the teacher is from the White Lotus society...I wonder how that will come into play later.

Can't wait for next week's ep!
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2007 08:11 pm by WaterLady » Logged

~Keeper of Katara's waterbending bomb and Song's kindness~
Celvandil
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Otakon?! I can haz Otakon?!

« Reply #31 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:09 pm »

Awesome episode.  Especially the Irohbics.

You're officially amazing.

No I'm really interested to see how having the Lotus Tiles is going to be useful in the future...

Poets are just kids who didn't make it and never had it at all.
KeiyaJade
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Keeper of Toph's crush on Sokka

blacknbloofaerie
« Reply #32 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:09 pm »

best episode of the season so far.  Of course, any episode with Tokka moments and a half naked Sokka is great.  Toph just plan rocks (haha) and Sokka has talent, who know?  :p
Iroh: finally! Now I know why he's stayed in jail.  

A moment of silence for Siri Tachi and Mara Jade...
Fallen Jedi, never forgotten.
Mikesta
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

plazamikie@hotmail.com
« Reply #33 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:10 pm »

Wow this episode made "The painted Lady" look like......crap

1.Seeing Iroh starving in the beginning of the episode made me really sad..But when i saw his new improved body i knew he was doing all he can in prison...wow 6 packs

2.The white lotus society...now i know it is something IMPORTANT!

3. Sokka finally has a useful weapon...even though boomerang was good enough

4. I laughed so much at the gaang when hey missed Sokka

I didn't like it when Sokka confessed he was from the Water Tribe. Aang already revealed he was the avatar like 4 times already

overall i loved this episode

(and the beach epiode looks like its gonna be awesome)

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!
Isaac
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:10 pm »

OMG, GREAT, GREAT, AND GREAT.

love UNCLE! HE'S GOING TO KICK BUTT!
Btw, what does the pai Sho mean? Are they supposed to find Uncle?

Hm perhaps the Sword Master is a Grand Master in the White Lotus Society?

Anyway...this episode is possibly one of my favorite right now...finally Sokka gets some respect this season!!!

My faith in Avatar, the little that was lost, has been completely restored. I am ashamed for disliking the first three at all!

The Tokka was great, its always been a favorite ship of mine, and I did like how she bent the space-earth into a Nick logo heh.

Also...man is Iroh jacked! How long has he been in the prison anyway?

No more vast ocean of chi I guess...he's even more built than Bumi!

(Note to self: Iroh vs. Bumi battle would be GREAT!)

Ahhh I'm just so happy this was a good episode! I can hardly wait for 'The Beach'!

My Fanfic

Looking for writing advice, comments greatly appreciated!
LordRoscoe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Be Smart, Ship Zutara :)

« Reply #35 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:10 pm »

I loved it, lots of humor and action. (and man, Iroh's buff Shocked)
I loved aang all decked out in that armor Smiley
10/10

Sig and Avie. By ME!!
"Anything I do is Justified by me wanting to do it"-Black Mage
Zutara Forever
Join us;Magical Wonders shall behold when you enter Wink
candycane
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I think...I've become a shipper!

« Reply #36 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:10 pm »

OMG! Too many awesome things to say! Iroh scared the bejeebers outta me!!!

The many looks of Zuzu
Keeper of:
The nickname Zuzu, Zuko's metamorphosis, Jet's messed up childhood, Sokka's tears
Lei
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Apparently not.

« Reply #37 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:10 pm »

That was amazing. The TOKKA. THE TOKKA.

Iroh freaked me out, but OH GOD THE TOKKA. I can't get over it.

I draw! (golly!)
Keeper of Sokka's beard and Toph's discarded soles.
Rango
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I lol'd.

« Reply #38 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:11 pm »

Great episode, I gave it a 10.

What are you gonna do, when Iroh-mania runs wild on you, brother?

Toph learned from the Badger Moles? Hmm...

That Tokka part was really cute. Cheesy

Best action sequence so far.

Katara must never do stand-up.

Huzzah for character development!

The Preview: CM is in that one. Sweet.

Azula was just classic! I forsee some comedy gold from this episode.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

*sighs* it would've been nice...

« Reply #39 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:11 pm »

OH MY GOD!

this episode kicked some serious ass. it was awesome! i'm so glad Sokka finally got some action scenes, i kept feeling bad for him. i loved how the Gaang was trying to fill the comic relief void but hey, that just shows that they need Sokka. also: DAMN! Iroh is JACKED! although i will miss his belly Sad

nevertheless, great episode. can't wait for next week!

avi & sig by KataraTheWaterbender
Tha Lotus
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:11 pm »

yeah katara makes crickets stay quiet. the funniest part was when she tried to make a joke and aang said "I guess it doesn't run in the family." Cheesy
katara5
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:11 pm »

I thought it was cool. The loved the meterorite shower in the beginning. I feel bad for Toph though, she missed out on some spectacular stuff.

I'm going to miss Iroh's potbelly. :'( How can we have gone so long without hearing his words?!

THe Pai Sho piece, it is so going to be the ticket into the white lotus society,

It dissapointed me a little, but it was a good episode overall. 9

Yue's necklace,Sokka's fish/bear carving,pentapi,Ty Lee's swimsuit

Even if a dream may not come true, something is always gained by dreaming.
lalalietta
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^Made by the almighty diet otaku

« Reply #42 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:12 pm »

Wow, that was a fantastic episode. The character development of Sokka was really great, and lots of Tokka Cheesy The sword fight was amazing, I'm gonna go rewatch that about million times. And the group trying to get along without him was very funny.

The master was pretty spiffy, I started giggling like a maniac when I saw the white lotus symbol on his door. Gotta love the White Lotus Society.

Ripped!Iroh is just... has he always been that way? Has he been hiding this from us? He reminds me of The Boulder now, except older and with wrinkles. It's weird xD

The episode was a great set-up for the next one, and it's definitely now one of my favorite ones.

"This is a crisis. A large crisis. In fact, if you've got a moment, it's a 12 storey crisis with a magificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24 hour portrage and an enormous sign on the roof saying 'This is a large crisis.'"
   -Blackadder
joinred1127
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Bryke be with us. Bryke give us strength.

« Reply #43 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:12 pm »

I didn't even start to think of the possiblity that Toph could destroy the commet once and for all.

Yue "It's my duty Sokka. I have to do this."
Azula "Because I'm a people person."
Toph's burnt feet | Ocean Kumquats
Avatar Aang Memorial Island Clock
Nonbender "You're our Avatar too!"
FN Councilwomen's Keys
Eska "It's okay. I tried to kill cousin Korra when she ruined my wedding. It happens…
Navi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Honor means nothing if you dont know loyalty.

« Reply #44 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:12 pm »

I almost cried when the guy started talking about Uncle, cause I thought Uncle really had become that. But when he smiled, i smiled and it was all better. Smiley

Isaac
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:13 pm »

Ahh I just thought of something! (My train of thought is wild right now...)

The Sword Master will tell Iroh that the Gaang is alive...and then Iroh will find Aang and train him! Maybe???

It would make sense...Iroh might still think Aang is dead...but his spirit is FAR from broken!

My Fanfic

Looking for writing advice, comments greatly appreciated!
Fomorian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:13 pm »

Awesome episode. My new favorite for sure. I'm really curious on what part the Lotus Society will play in the future. I hope Sokka's master makes a return later in the season. The Tokka moment was sweet. 10/10 for me.
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #47 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:13 pm »

Defentely an upgrade from the previous episodes of the season. This one is back to the clever plot twists that made season 2 so great. I almost forgot about the White Lotus. But this episode really makes think they are forshadowing that Iroh is going to be Aang's Fire Bending teacher. More on Iroh later.

As for the main storyline, I liked that Sokka got some of the spotlight, and seeing Toph blush was the highlight of the main storyline. But I wish, the gAang would be more careful in keeping a cover. In these three episodes since The Awakening, they have been terrible. They could use Iroh on the team, at the very least on tips on how to stay under cover. Comparing Zuko and Iroh in season 2 to the gAang in season 3 when it comes to keeping their identity secret, Zuko and Iroh are so much ahead of them.

It was stupidity for Sokka to say he was form the Water Tribe, though not as stupid as Zuko yelling out his true identity in Zuko Alone, but still pretty close.

Onto the Iroh storyline, I love it. Iroh is a crafty person, who no one should underestemate. He is a little bit like Bumi, very unprotectable. This is the first episode Iroh has appeared in without Zuko. Nice for him to get some independence, and get to see Iroh in a Zuko free episode.

10 / 10.
« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2010 11:21 pm by fireywaters » Logged

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:13 pm »

Okay, let me begin! Grin

Tokka
Okay, I admit it, the Tokka was rather sweet. OMG, we saw TOPH blush! Wait, TOPH BLUSHES?! *faints* I also loved the way she exclaimed "Sokka's coming!"
Though I still wish there was some Taang.

Toph
I'm really glad Toph got more lines and action in this episodes. She didn't seem like a fourth wheel this time.

Humor
SO MUCH HUMOR! It was really entertaining to see Katara try to make jokes, then to have Aang say "I guess the jokes don't run in the family." I also love Toph's lines about picking her toes. Roll Eyes
I also loved the comic relief Sokka provided. Lemur-sitting! Grin
Another thing that could be counted as humor was Iroh. He was such a good actor, it was scary!

Sokka's Master
Okay, so he's part of the White Lotus Society? I can't wait to see how this will play up in another episode.
The master himself wasn't as smexy and mysterious as I though him to be. Sad I didn't like his voice too much either. But he was still awesome, and he totally pwned with the sword!

Sokka
Again, here's where Avatar becomes a bit too unrealistic. Sokka progresses SO MUCH within the course of one episode. I understand it was more than one day, but it still was a very short time. Though I might be a bit of a Sokka fangirl, he worked very hard, and he looked great too.

Iroh
I was so close to crying for Iroh at first. I seriously thought imprisonment had gotten to him. And like I predicted in the Spoilers Thread, he now has lost A GREAT amount of weight. WTF? Iroh has abs?! IS EVERYONE GETTING TOTALLY RIPPED THIS SEASON?!

Animation
I'm also very happy that the S1 animation is being brought back to Avatar. I missed it so much, and I thought it would only appear in the headband.

The Order of The White Lotus
Can't wait to see how that tile and Sokka's Master will affect the show in the future!

With this, the episode gets a ten!
Wait, a S3 episode gets a 10 from Tonnie?! Shocked

Tonnie
airbending_master
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Keeper of Aang's airball game, snowman & armor

« Reply #49 on: Oct 12, 2007 08:14 pm »

Okay, it's obvious to me now.

Toph is going to destroy Sozin's Comet.

That makes sense!!  She a bad girl but I hope my boy takes it down!!!!  I am all about the Aang.  Toph looked so cute blushing for Sokka, I have never been a supporter but what the heck.

-Keeper of Aang's final battle
Rest In Peace Daddy, 01/31/08
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: