Oct 18, 2019 07:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [202] The Cave of Two Lovers  (Read 50000 times)
Pandora
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Mar 24, 2006 08:32 pm »

Official Description: On their way to Omashu, Aang, Katara, and Sokka meet a group of nomads who show them a short cut through the "cave of two lovers." But when the kids become lost in the caves, they have to trust in love in order to overcome the curse and get out of the tunnels.

Sorry for the delay, guys... no idea what happened. Discuss away!
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2006 08:35 pm by Acastus » Logged
AirBender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2006 08:36 pm »

Great episode!

I really like how they sort of left it up to us to decide if Aang and Katara kissed. It makes it less of a shipper moment. Sokka was reallly great in this epsiode, as were the Hippies. Zuko's story was meh. I guess it was alright. It just proved me wrong that Zuko would look horrible without his ponytail type thing. Also, good cliffhanger Smiley

Awesome episode Smiley
akamai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2006 08:40 pm »

^Yes, I love the cliffhanger. Too bad there's probably no new episode next week. :/

It was an excellent episode (this show just keeps getting better and better!) There were so many funny moments, like Sokka getting frustrated with those "hippie-like" people, and Zuko and Iroh choosing to go to Earth kingdom or go to Zula. XD

I guess this Song character is like the Haru of last season, who can relate to one of the main characters' loss. I want to see her again.

I enjoyed Iroh's reaction to the rash from the plant and it was like he didn't care!

Avatar and Signature set made by InnerYin.

"Now we know that all elements have their strength's and weaknesses...but fire is the best!" -Iroh
Star Outlaw
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Are you okay?

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2006 08:41 pm »

Yet another awesome episode. Those hippie nomads were hilarious, and they had some groovy songs. The origin of Omashu and earthbending was a real treat; the artwork in that story cinematic was very stylish. And of course, more Iroh and Zuko is always a good thing. It was cool to see him talking with that girl, but I was a little stunned at how he stole their ride. Maybe we'll see this being developed later on, but for now Zuko seems to have hit a new low. I guess life on the run will do that. Let's hope Iroh can give him guidance.

As for Omashu, I really hope that Bumi is still alive, captured and held prisoner at the very least.
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2006 08:43 pm by Psycho Silver » Logged

Check out my Avatar Music Videos.

I keep Pabu. Sig by LeonsKennedy4815
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2006 08:41 pm »

I got a kick out of this episode. I found the hippies amusing. More importantly, although the Kataang action was undeniable, it was well handled and didn't detract from the story.

Also, I did call it on the Fall of the Omashu. How sad. Viva Ba-Sing-Se.
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2006 09:20 pm by Acastus » Logged
Robot Mule
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Turba, Cunfusio, Inordinatum

« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2006 08:46 pm »

That was wonderfull. It had Sokka anger, hippies, and enough fun to kill some small woodland animals. Because everything is better with hippies. Rock on!
The extreme friendship/romance/the power of LOVE had not just Kataang but Zuko and whats her name. Personally I saw friendship hope there but who else sees fan fiction with Whats her name/Zuko fall in love and he will suddenly realize he has been wrong all along about his honor, renounce his evil ways and his evil family, and switch sides?
The fluff of this episode was great.
But it seems we were too worried about King Bumi, we should have been scared for all of Omashu!
Avatar... I'm sorry...I will never doubt you again, this is going to be a very long week.

Zuko's growing hair. Suddenly and with out worning I am what I hate.
I am a fan girl.
And I shall scream.

http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=460.msg893373#msg893373
By reading this signature I have wasted SECONDS of your time you will never get back. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Savitri
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2006 09:04 pm »

I confess that I had my serious doubts about this episode from the trailer.  However, I was pleasantly surprised.  Good Appa and Sokka action in this one.   Grin  And, they managed to handle Aang and Katara with taste and decorum.  I was not happy about the capture of Omashu.  I am concerned both about Bumi....and Force!  I do have a funny feeling that Bumi is neither dead nor captured.........hope that I am right and that we will see him soon.

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here.  I'm mad.  You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
 - Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Zukofan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2006 09:27 pm »

I thought this was a great episode!  Gawd, the laughs were great! 

Zuko goes fishing.
Comes back with...a minnow.

Iroh:  Uhhh, remeber that flower I told you about?
Zuko: You didn't...!

Hahaaa!!!  Oh Iroh, you and your tea obsession...

And then...
Zuko:  If the earth kingdom discovers us, we'll be killed...
Iroh:  But if we are captured by the fire nation, we'll be handed over to Azula...
Zuko:  Earth kingdom it is, then!

And then the names...

Zuko:  Uhhhh...I'm...
Lee.
omg that scene was so funny... heck, the whole eppy was GREAT! 
I'm loving Avatar more and more...if that's even possible...
thunder_713
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fire Nation Traitor...

evilbabyrulesall@msn.com thndr713
« Reply #8 on: Mar 24, 2006 09:31 pm »

When does this re-air? I want to record it.

^Zuko fan? Check out Lava Love God

Keeper of Sokka's necklace and Zuko's ship.

(LLG banner thanks to omgasp). Icon by magicker_icons.
Zukofan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Mar 24, 2006 09:33 pm »

Uuhh.. for me, 9:00 (mountain time).
I'm gonna record it, too!
thunder_713
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fire Nation Traitor...

« Reply #10 on: Mar 24, 2006 09:36 pm »

^MST? Great. That would me be as well.

Karen
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

karenthegroomer@yahoo.ca
« Reply #11 on: Mar 24, 2006 10:58 pm »

Smiley Hopefully, we'll be able to see it up at [snip!] too!.

Absolutely NO discussion of where to download episodes... I removed the site name. Please don't do that again. ~Pandora
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2006 11:13 pm by Pandora » Logged

Firelord Sunny
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yip yip!

ladymecha
« Reply #12 on: Mar 24, 2006 11:26 pm »

I was very surprised at this episode, the previews did it no justice.
The Hippys were an interesting addition to the storyline of the eppy and i like it how it left us hanging for if Katara and Aang really kissed.
Of course you have all the Katara and Aang shippers saying that the possible Zuko and Katara relationship is over but I think the fight is far from over.

Space, the final frontier...
These are the voyages of the flying bison Appa.
His ongoing mission, to explore strange new worlds,
To help Aang seek out new bending masters and escape the firenation.
To boldy go where no flying bison has gone before...

Keeper of Davros' frozen head
Scar in your meadow
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Mar 25, 2006 12:10 am »

It was a fluffy episode, a filler. But, hey, I like those two together so of course I liked it.

They executed the kiss EXACTLY the way I wanted them to - for the light to go out so that we don't get to see them. I don't know why, but I always thought that would be cool - and they did it. Awesome. I have to say, though, I didn't like Katara liking Aang all of a sudden, ya know (at least that's what I got out of it). Still, it's always cool to see those two together.

Also, looks like Zuko's gonna get a love interest, eh? I bet we're gonna see that girl again. What was her name again? I bet she'll follow him. Anyway, I thought it was kind of cliche for him to have a romance set up for him like that. I don't want romance for Zuko - at all. But, then again, who knows? I may end up liking it. It was good to see Iroh going back to being funny. I missed that in the last episode. I'm glad he's not gonna get all serious on us.

We got some backstory on Omashu and the first earthbenders. Ha! Who knew, huh guys? Also, if those animals can earthbend, does that mean that Momo and Appa can airbend? Does that mean bending originates from animals? Just speculation.

I actually thought this episode was average, though, overall. I mean, nothing happened, ya know? It was an episode dedicated to love - for both Aang and Zuko. That's it. Still, the romance on Avatar is always classified in a not-corny way. Cool.

And also - whoa, I gotta say I did not see the end of this episode coming! It's gonna get crazy, folks! Looks like next episode is gonna be a rocker.
Force
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Mar 25, 2006 01:24 am »

ZOMGWTFOMASHU!! Ahhh, I love a good cliffhanger and WOW was that a good one. I did not see that coming at all and can safely say I was majorly impressed with this. The next new episode can not possibly come to soon. BUMI! DON'T BE DEAD, MAN!!

This episode was very good. Sokka and the hippies was the greatest. "Oh, we're thinking of ideas? Cause I've had one for an hour now." "Nobody freak out to what I'm about to tell you, but I think that guy is the Avatar."

The Kataang shippers are probably really angry now cause not only did they not get to see the two kiss, but we're not even sure if they did or not. Lol, good stuff. THe backstory of Omashu was interesting a nice little treat, it'll probably play some role next episode.

But I just can't get over how awesome that cliffhanger was. The wait is going to kill me, now.

FoxSpirit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~Soul Reaper~

« Reply #15 on: Mar 25, 2006 10:34 am »

This episode was good! I can't belive Aang and Katara kissed! Too bad that we couldn't see it. I can't belive that at the end Omashu was taken by the fire nation! What happened to bumi?
Kaption
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Mar 25, 2006 11:24 am »

Wow, just wow. This was a good episode, and the hippie's songs just made it better. Zuko assuming the role of a real fugitive, while still learning abot his father's wrongs, Aang and Katara's interactions - awkwardness on both sides, - Sokka, the legend of the two lovers [origin of Earthbending AND Omashu!]
ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Kataang shipper to the end!

« Reply #17 on: Mar 25, 2006 11:38 am »

*Eye twitches* Major... Breakdown... I was so mad!! I couldn't see them! I think they did kiss though! The way they looked at the end before they headed to Omashu signifies it!

Overall, it was great! I liked the comedy a lot! Lol! And we actually got to see Sokka with his hair down in daylight.

Seeing Zuko like that was a treat! I think we can foreshadow what may happen to him later on easily if you ask me. I think he looks good like that even without the ponytail. I'm glad his hair grew back at least. I see some romance in his future! Lol! And no, IT ISN'T KATARA! She's already taken. *Sticks tongue out*

Banner made by me, do not steal! If you want to use it, ask me first.

Join my site! Avatar Dream (New custom skin up!)
Zukofan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Mar 25, 2006 12:33 pm »

Zuko's ponytail looked better, but at least he has hair. 
I think they're trying to soften up his looks a bit.  His eyes are darker (too bad, I liked the brilliant yellow/gold color) and his hair is lighter.
ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Mar 25, 2006 12:35 pm »

He looks a little younger that way too..

thunder_713
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fire Nation Traitor...

« Reply #20 on: Mar 25, 2006 01:28 pm »

I just loved all the Zuko stuff in this episode...except stealing the horse thing, but I can overlook that. And what was that chick's name? Cuz we will see her again, mark my words...

Kereea
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Moordryd Payyn and Prince Zuko rock!

« Reply #21 on: Mar 25, 2006 03:28 pm »

Okay one, quick questions, did Zuko give that girl some alias he had come up with, if so, what was it, and what was that girl's name?
 An okay episode, though I was hoping for the kiss. That part at the end was the perfect cliffie! Omashu was taken by the Fire Nation! The reason that that is so perfect is that Aang won't get to start Earthbending super-fast. Grin That would so not go with the story line. I mean, Aang has to be in constant danger! Wink I'll get boring when he's not! :'(

(kereea is a supporter and rabid fangirl of both boys above. Insult them at your own risk)
Keeper of whatever i can get my hands on, all the good stuff's already claimed...Keeper of Mai's knives! Yeah!
Fuzzy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

fuzzytoesocks@hotmail.com emilythepissed
« Reply #22 on: Mar 25, 2006 04:18 pm »

I"m mad. D: Was at my brother's STUPID track meet (that I had a bad time at) for longer than I thought I would, and I missed it. And it's not up on iTunes yet. -twitch-

I'm glad that it was good though...it's re-airing tomorrow, right?

ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Mar 25, 2006 04:22 pm »

They did kiss, how do you explain the crystals lighting up? Or them looking awkward at the end?

Force
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Mar 25, 2006 05:22 pm »

They did kiss, how do you explain the crystals lighting up? Or them looking awkward at the end?

The crystals lit up because the tourches went out, Katara explained this. They looked akward because whether they kissed or not it was an akward moment. They could have still kissed, but there is no soild evidence to support it.

Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: