Jul 21, 2017 10:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 102 (20%)
9 - 76 (14.9%)
8 - 107 (20.9%)
7 - 89 (17.4%)
6 - 47 (9.2%)
5 - 34 (6.7%)
4 - 16 (3.1%)
3 - 16 (3.1%)
2 - 10 (2%)
1 - 14 (2.7%)
Total Voters: 497

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [303] The Painted Lady  (Read 48802 times)
London Lust
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #575 on: Nov 13, 2011 10:32 am »

No one has posted in a long time, but I give this episode a 2. The only part I liked was that bipolar guy. Other than that its just another boring filler episode with a bad ending.
colle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #576 on: Dec 20, 2011 05:54 pm »

It thought this episode was good, though not great. Katara sometimes does make dumb decisions but she doesn't make me that mad. Good thing about this episode is that is showed, even more, how the fire nation people were suffering because of the govenments' policy, and it was good that they encourage them to help themselves. Kind of good counter-proganada, like in the "Headband."

I am not a hardcore enviromentalist, I am all for a clean enviroment though I think it can be overdone where it hurts people.
BloodbenderBeast
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I've lost my life in water tribe....

« Reply #577 on: Nov 27, 2013 02:40 pm »

This is the reason why we love her.... Painted Lady you're the best!

I see me and my boyfriend......Smiley

Ok, sadly, I watched it in czech translation, so it was terrible, but I think this epizode and this story wasn't so bad. I hate spiderman, batmat and others "heroes", because it's "cool" too much. But this was really cool!

Mulan95
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #578 on: Sep 18, 2014 07:48 am »

Why didn't the painted Lady herself help the village?

\\\"True wisdom begins when we accept things as they are.\\\" -Tenzin
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #579 on: Sep 18, 2014 10:06 pm »

The implication is that she couldn't manifest until after the lake was cleaned. I believe that Creator Commentary or an interview somewhere confirmed it.

Esperaholon
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #580 on: Sep 20, 2014 02:36 pm »

So like... Spirited Away? Dangit now I want river spirit dragons in ATLA... Wait - there is still time to have at least one river spirit dragon cameo in TLOK! Man... it isn't going to happen is it?
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #581 on: Dec 31, 2014 01:21 pm »

My reaction to this episode was mixed. I thought it was kind of unnecessary in many ways. The plot was a little too similar to that of Imprisoned. While I like that Katara has a strong sense of justice and is willing to invest herself in the lives of those suffering, the fact that Sokka made a big deal about not wasting time made this episode kind of frustrating. It was almost as bad as Aang willing to stand justice in some stupid town when he has a world to save. Anyway, I also found the minor characters to be overtly quirky. I like silly characters, but Dock, Xu, and his other "brother" were really annoying.

Anyway, Toph wins the best line of the episode, "let's clean the river!"
« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2014 03:27 pm by Colonel_Brian » Logged
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #582 on: Dec 31, 2014 02:06 pm »

I remember how disappointed I was that Katara's "I will never ever turn my back on people who need me!" line from the trailer amounted to this.

We all expected it to lead to something much bigger.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #583 on: Dec 31, 2014 03:27 pm »

I think this episode would be less disliked if they had actually dealt with the supposed tight schedule that Sokka was talking about. The fact that it was never mentioned again, and every single episode after this showed the gAang casually wasting time for days at a time, really makes it weird.

Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: