Mar 30, 2017 09:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 102 (20%)
9 - 76 (14.9%)
8 - 107 (20.9%)
7 - 89 (17.4%)
6 - 47 (9.2%)
5 - 34 (6.7%)
4 - 16 (3.1%)
3 - 16 (3.1%)
2 - 10 (2%)
1 - 14 (2.7%)
Total Voters: 497

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [303] The Painted Lady  (Read 47872 times)
Litwolf
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:16 pm »

I thought it was pretty good for a filler episode. Honestly, if its Avatar, its already got at least a five in my book!

I like all the cool waterbending moves. And that guy switching personalities was really funny.

Keeper of the penguins!!!

I support Kataang, Katoph, Sukka (sometimes Yukka), and Moppa (which is totally canon, dont deny it!)

Cool sig is still under construction
PicklexDreamer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avvie by frozen!

« Reply #26 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:16 pm »

As I've said before, I don't like it when Katara gets all "wanting to save worldish".
That is why I wasn't a big fan of Imprisoned.
I was hoping it was the real painted lady doing all that stuff...
Fire Starter
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"No mercy for the weak."

« Reply #27 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:16 pm »

it seems a lot of these episodes are going to be like "gaang goes somewhere and opens the minds of the locals to different ideas and views."

but i doubt they can change the whole fire nation one swampy fishing village at a time.

Keeper of the Dai Li gauntlets
MaikoRULES
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

flameo sir, flam...e...o

« Reply #28 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:17 pm »

One thing that worries me, this is the second episode in a row, that the gAang blow their cover to someone from the Fire Nation.

It is too early, to be slipping up like that. Last season, Zuko only slipped once. Do a better job gAang.

ya, they arent really that careful with the whole 'secret identaties' thing. that might bite them in the butt later on.

Ship Maiko + Kataang + Sukka + Foamzula + Smellershot!!!  Long Live Suki

"The White Lotus opens wide to those who know her secrets."

"Who knocks at the guarded gate?"
"One who has eaten the fruit and tasted its mysteries."
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #29 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:18 pm »

Well, it was nothing mind blowing or important but it managed to be somewhat entertaining.  Still... some aspects reminded me too much of Zuko Alone.

I think that is inditionally, just like Aang destoying his staff at the beginning of the season, Aang and company are going through a similar journey that Zuko and Iroh went throught last season. It is their turn.

I liked Sokka's comment about how they can't go around helping every villiage, that was like an inside joke, about filler episodes in my opinion. At least could have been.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
zaphyrai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

According to him, I'm beautiful, incredible!

« Reply #30 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:19 pm »

wow. that episode was AWESOME! and I'm sure it helps that I think katara is the awesomest character after Aang. lol. Why do so many people dislike her? She's got guts, she's got moxie she's POWERFUL dang it! aaaaand sooo sweet and empathetic.  AND stubborn! She's the Hermione of Avatar. *sighs* gotta luv her.

Sokka has a heart! YE GODS! I MUST STEAL IT NOW! hehe

Toph was funny in this epp. I really do hope she gets more screen time soon. She's been severely underused these past three epps.

rofl Aang being clueless. I honestly thought when Sokka caught them, that he was gonna rat them out for being out late alone together and...yeah. but that's the kataang-er in me speaking.

overall, BEST epp so far. yup, even better then The Headband! and Katara looked soooooo pretty with that face paint. But.,..where'd she get all that cool stuff from? did she steal it? I guess so. I guess the plot could've gone into more detail concerning that. but oh well.

and I love Sokka but...I'm not as excited for next weeks epp. This one should hold me over until the next epp however. lol. I just wish I could make music vids with it. *sighs* ah well. can't get everything.

iKeep: Katara's laughter and Aang's air marbles ^_^
ICallKyo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:19 pm »

For the first time in a very very very very very very VERY long time, I found an episode of Avatar that didn't make me want to scream. What...13 months? I think so.

I loved the guy, Doc/Shu/Bushi, and that cute little kid made me smile.

Sokka and Aang with the factory blowing up magic was amazing, and, thanks to Sokka and Katara's argument with the 'It was YOUR idea' 'I was JOKING!' I have the sudden urge to find a screenshot and turn Sokka into Zuko and write a Zutara fic.

Toph slipping into the crowd was amazing, and I never expected Katara to be the Painted Lady.

But, as always, crits must come somewhere. Katara bugged the heck out of me, and Sokka was right the entire time. ((Ooh, one more positive: I loved his schedual.)) I expected more of the Painted Lady at the end, and the inside of the factory was bsaically a repeat of The Drill.

But all in all, I was really happy with it. I miss being able to squee over Avatar, seeing as everything's emo, and if it's not emo, it's Kataang and Maiko, which, for me, is much worse.

I give it a ten though Grin
Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:19 pm »

I gave this episode a 3

I really didn't like this episode...at all. The plot of this episodes wasn't that exciting, there wasn't any funny jokes, the final battle was only like 30 seconds, and it wasn't entertaining.
NO FUNNY JOKES? Come on, Aang and Sokka doing the "exploding building dance", Toph pushing Aang. There was a lot of anime humor! How could you possibly not find any good jokes?

And how did Katara manage to elude Aang on foot for so long?
I was wondering this too. It's sort of impossible to elude Aang, he used airbending to catch up with her.

That was okay, but the Tokka was the best. The Taang totally downed my vibe, though.
It downed your vibe...but do YOU KNOW how much it boosted MY vibe?!

One thing that worries me, this is the second episode in a row, that the gAang blow their cover to someone from the Fire Nation.

It is too early, to be slipping up like that. Last season, Zuko only slipped once. Do a better job gAang.
I know. Sokka literally blurted out EVERYTHING! And the gaang going against the FN could affect them later...
FFMMCLXIV
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Sokka's excited for Korra! :)

« Reply #33 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:20 pm »

i can't believe there wasn't a single guard in that whole factory

you'd think someone would be like "omg huge freakin noises from the factory? well that's normal!!"

I'm pretty sure this is just another example of the cocky Fire Nation. Remember, they pretty much have assumed that the war is theirs; they still don't know the Avatar's alive. They're getting cocky, I'm sure.

On to the review...I enjoyed it a lot, I was smiling the whole time. I can't give it a 10, because the last words we've heard from Iroh are still "Go! I'll hold them as long as I can!" I miss Iroh real bad. Sad

But Toph was funny, Aang and Sokka were funny (loved Aang's reaction to the craziness of Shu and whatever his other two names were), and Katara shows her caring side again. If anything, the show is getting back to what it does best, only now it's in the Fire Nation. I think it was really solid.

Crazy things: Katara and Aang team up and go berzerk (updated sig below Wink)...they had me ready for something big when Katara was down at the river alone after the fight scene, but instead of Aang walking up, it was just the real Painted Lady...kept waiting another week, darn you Mike and Bryan Wink

And I had a feeling since the preview from after "The Headband" that The Painted Lady would be someone we knew. Is it just me (probably), or did anyone else think Suki when we saw The Painted Lady's face for the first time? Looking back, it makes no sense with the surfing and all, but it was an involuntary brain thing, I guess. Didn't it kinda look like her?

Instead of alternating between Zuko and Aang like many chapters do, this one was all focused on the GAang, and I don't blame anyone one bit for this decision, I thought it was a great episode. Looking forward to Sokka falling on his face in 167 hours and counting! Wink

I thought it was pretty good for a filler episode. Honestly, if its Avatar, its already got at least a five in my book!

Amen to that. Wink
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:20 pm »

Alright this was the weakest episode of the 3 season.
Katara did they same thing she did in imprisoned taking up hundreds of dollars in animation for her to do a boring speech.
Thank God for Toph, who is funny as all hell and Sokka, the only one with common sense, for episode not totally about Katara (Since it was 90% about her)

Katara is an annoying character, I'm sorry, but she is.
I know she wants to help, but can she help defeat Ozai first.
Plus, does anyone think about the people a living from the factory.
War is expenside and draining they have to make money too.

The factory only helps the wealthy, while it harms those who are pretty much poverty stricken. So what if the war is expensive, if its hurting more than it is helping even neglecting its own country, then its kind of redundant to say that its helping people. Yes defeating Ozai is important, but they aren't going there right away, they're pretty much just making stops along the way to the capital.  Plus taking out the factory also hinders the Fire Nation productivity of creating war machines. So they did something more than just helping a small, helpless village.
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2007 08:24 pm by avatar4ever » Logged
Girher
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Proud Supporter of Tokka and Kataang,

« Reply #35 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:20 pm »

Finally! My favorite episode! 10! i LOVED the Tokka bit! And finally more Toph!

Sig made by Frozen

I'm a GIRL!

Keeper of Sokka's Nunchaku skills, Sokka's FN outfit, and Toph's EK hat, and Toph's reinforcements - No stealies XD
Weapon Master of the Chainsaw
  -avvie made Dax -
Opal Koboi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fools rush in where lemurs fear to look

« Reply #36 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:20 pm »

Take me some time to gather my thoughts about the episode as a whole, but two little things I noticed:

1) Sickle moon! It's not always full! Than means it's been ~2 weeks since the Awakening.

2) Sokka confirmed the eclipse only lasts about 8 minutes.
Hurray for astronomical accuracy.  Grin

SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #37 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:21 pm »

It was ok. It was entertaining and amusing, but it wasn't a great episode.

I totally loved Sokka in this episode, like completely. Sokka = <3  I love his schedule thingie Tongue  Toph was great in it too, especially when she popped in the background saying "We could clean the river!" Tongue

Aang and Katara worked really nicely as a team. Way to intimidate Fire Nation officers Cheesy

Shu/Doc... was... weird... And the two-headed fish was disgusting to the Nth degree.

I totally loved in the beginning when Aang covered Appa with grass and said that he's now a little hill with horns! That was cute! Cheesy

I also really liked the "spirit noises" that Aang and Sokka made. They were hilarious.

And there was definitely a "Zuko Alone"/"Imprisoned" vibe there near the end. I really thought they were gonna drive the gaang out of town like they did with Zuko in 207. But even though they accepted them and worked together to clean up the river, I couldn't help but scream "You idiots!!!" at the TV. Yah, revealing that Katara's a waterbender and Toph's an earthbender won't come back and bite them in the blubber, not at all Roll Eyes

I may come back and comment some more after I watch it again...

Can't wait for "Sokka's Master"!

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
FFMMCLXIV
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:21 pm »

AMAZING.

I absolutely LOVED the tidbits that could be wildly misinterpreted for the purposes of Tokka.
Like Toph elbowing Aang at his comment of "He DOES have a heart!"
And the fact that she was holding his arm again.

Holy crap, you're right! Well said.

Tokka wouldn't bug me one bit. Cheesy
mrs_cullen
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Bella's got competition.

« Reply #39 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:22 pm »

Yeah, Katara is a bit too gung-ho for me most of the time. Sokka's schedule is important and she's messed it up for them now (of course, in the next episode, he's going to do that, what with his sword training and everything). I don't know why she feels like she needs to help every little person who enters her path. Stopping the Fire Lord and the unbalancing of the world is far more important than one little villiage that has pollution problems. Katara often has trouble seeing "the big picture."

This one wasn't as funny and there weren't nearly as many good character moments, though I loved it when Aang called Katara a "pretty spirit." So cute.

And the battle at the end with all of them working together was pretty sweet. Appa making creepy noises, Sokka playing a flute/recorder thingy (where did he GET that?), and Toph banging a big earth column into the ground. That has got to be the best atmosphere team in the world.

Oh, and Doc/Shew/Bushi (or whatever his real name was) was pretty funny. Reminded me a lot of Bumi. Except weirder. And crazier. A bit creepy in the end, really.

I gave it a 9, simply because I was dying for Avatar. It was a tough week.

And how did Katara manage to elude Aang on foot for so long?

I think she was gliding pretty swiftly along the water with her waterbending, kind of like a hovercraft.

"After all this time?" "Always."

Sig by Marilee Griffin.
Avi by Janzilla Y.
alesius
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Concentrated Confidence!

« Reply #40 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:22 pm »

I thought it was a pretty darn good episode. The way sokka looked after Katara's "I'll never ever turn my back..." deel was pretty funny. Then Toph punching Aang Cheesy it was really cool how Katara created all that mist, & when Aang was running across the water, creating little ice islands, i though that was a good demonstration of his bending. Also, the devolopement of Katara & Sokka's relationship, Katara's drive to help those in need, & Aang inderectly telling Katara that he finds her attractive Cheesy (Paintedaang) Tongue

Zuhawk is forever
 Aang supports vegetarianism.
MaikoRULES
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

flameo sir, flam...e...o

« Reply #41 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:23 pm »

i love how the painted lady was a really spirit in the end.
maybe she can help the gaang later.
aang always wished the spirits could "just unleash a huge spirit attack on the fire nation."

Ship Maiko + Kataang + Sukka + Foamzula + Smellershot!!!  Long Live Suki

"The White Lotus opens wide to those who know her secrets."

"Who knocks at the guarded gate?"
"One who has eaten the fruit and tasted its mysteries."
MingUe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

MingZula is Forever

« Reply #42 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:25 pm »

The factory only helps the wealthy, while it harms those who are pretty much poverty stricken. So friggin what that war is expensive, if its hurting more than it is helping even neglecting its own country, then its kind of redundant to say that its helping people. Yes defeating Ozai is important, but they aren't going there right away, they're pretty much just making stops along the way to the capital.  Plus taking out the factory also hinders the Fire Nation productivity of creating war machines. So they did something more than just helping a small, helpless village.

How do you know it only helps the wealthy. The wealthy wouldn't be working in the factory. In wars like this only the really rich benift from war, everyone else has to struggle.

I didn't say that war was good. I said that it is expensive...which means taxes are high for middle class and bellow.

Like the Fire Nation doesn't have bigger, better metal shops. And all they did was help a small, helpless village and make Katara look good.

Why Edward Hates Blondes?

Avy by Tonnie & Sig by Electrimafried
FFMMCLXIV
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:25 pm »

Wow, I love the end when the Painted Lady said Thank you. To me, she embodies all the inspirational women in the show.
Like Ursa.
I loved her Yue entrance also.
I loved Doc and Shu and Banshu.
WHERE HAVE YOU GONE ZUKO?!
I was hoping they would fit him in there somehow, the next episode sholuld have atleast 5 minutes of Royalty.

I don't know about next episode, but according to the summary for "The Beach," you'll be very happy in 2 weeks time.

TVGuide.com:
"Zuko and the Fire Nation gang take a break at the beach, where they learn more about each other." Wink
ToughToph
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Leaves from the vine............Secret tunnel!

« Reply #44 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:27 pm »

I can't belive that Katara was the painted lady. But it was a bit obvious the first few minutes of the show. At first I didn't believe it at first because the first time shu mentioned her he said she was here before and she was a legend. But it made sense at the end when the "other" painted lasy thanked Katara. But overall it was a good mysterious and kind of unpredictable episode. i knew katara was going to say i will never ever turn my back on eople who need me line in that episode. katara is smart though purple berries? I liked the scene where they showed the river become cleaned over time. Who knew sokka could play the flute? I liked the part where the gang all helped to make the illusion of the painted lady. But I wish a lot more will happen in future episodes. Too bad there was no Iroh. Azula and Zuko.  :- :'(

p.s.- sokka's master looks good Grin

Sadly my signature is not longer working. It was Death Note and it was so cute and I am so hurt because i've had it for so many years.

I keep Aang airbending in the opening sequence of The Legend of Korra and Mako\'s trademark cool under fire style
RockLike
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:28 pm »

This episode wasn't anything special I guess I gave it 8/10. Doc/Shu was just stupid. It kinda felt like they were trying to hard when Sokka's humor alone is perfectly fine. Katara was doing the exact same thing as in Imprisoned (without stalking some guy). Aang didn't really do anything. On the plus side Toph said more then 5 words WOO! This episode was also kinda creepy like when the little boy (who was very cute BTW) said "she's coming" what is this the 6th sense?! But the thing that was the worst... no Zuko, so sad -cries-

Ok and since when is Katara all of the sudden a track star? And is it a requirement for the Fire Nation Generals to rock the sideburns?

Keeper of Teo's return in season 3 and Zuko's Romance Skills
stephalopolis
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Meat Bending at its finest

« Reply #46 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:29 pm »

Meh, it was alright, but a little on the slow side for me.  And no, I don't mean action, I just mean plot advancement.  Do we really need a filler episode like this only 3 episodes into the new season?

I thought Sokka was the only voice of reason.  Sure, they poked fun at his schedule, but like he said, they have a very short period of time to destroy the fire lord (The Avatar:  Wiping out an entire evil army in 8 minutes).  He's just...very enthusiastic about it.  Tongue  While Katara is wasting time saving a little village, the entire world is going kaplooey.  And like someone said on the first page-  I'm also tired of Katara's "Super Waterbending Skills!" tm

In the end, it was good because it was an Avatar episode, just not one that I'm gonna remember as being one of my favorites.  The lack or Zuko and Iroh could be the reason for that though, lol Tongue  When the Painted Lady first showed up, I told my sisters "It's Zuko!  Since he gave up his blue spirit secret identity, he had to get a new one and chose the Painted Lady!"  They just shook their heads.  (all kidding aside though, it was easy to figure out that it was Katara.)

Keeps: Zuko's family portrait, Iroh's jail cell,
Aang's Marching in Place, Sokka's Operation Defeat Firelord Schedule
Proud member of the Spoiler Resistance Force
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #47 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:30 pm »

Wow, I love the end when the Painted Lady said Thank you. To me, she embodies all the inspirational women in the show.
Like Ursa.
I loved her Yue entrance also.
I loved Doc and Shu and Banshu.
WHERE HAVE YOU GONE ZUKO?!
I was hoping they would fit him in there somehow, the next episode sholuld have atleast 5 minutes of Royalty.

I don't know about next episode, but according to the summary for "The Beach," you'll be very happy in 2 weeks time.

TVGuide.com:
"Zuko and the Fire Nation gang take a break at the beach, where they learn more about each other." Wink

A think starting with this episode, for the next couple of episodes, they are going to do one storyline episodes with the gAang and Zuko, instead of doing two storylines.

I don't think you will see Zuko, Azula, etc. in "Sokka's Master", and "The Beach" will be without the gAang.
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2007 08:32 pm by fireywaters » Logged

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Saruko Takokinrui
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

MAIKO 4EVA.....DOWN WITH ZUTARA

« Reply #48 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:30 pm »

Gah Katara made me want to puke her self righteousness pisses me off to no end god
i wanted to take a shovel and bash her teeth in but either way the ep didn't complete suck even if i didn't read the spoiler thread it was obvious it was her
I like the toph parts its cute when she hangs on him but if she didn't she'd probably fall into the river and die aang is awesome I love sokka his sounds were funny

the fire nation people were  a bunch of wimps just cause of some wind they run away
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2007 08:32 pm by Saruko Takokinrui » Logged

Your Kung-fu is weak!!!!!
Move back five spaces
Firenationman_982
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Oct 05, 2007 08:30 pm »

did anyone else notice that fire nation man's arms were toldly ab-normal size unless he is totally ripped....
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: