Dec 17, 2017 04:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 370 (51.1%)
9 - 161 (22.2%)
8 - 104 (14.4%)
7 - 55 (7.6%)
6 - 13 (1.8%)
5 - 7 (1%)
4 - 4 (0.6%)
3 - 1 (0.1%)
2 - 3 (0.4%)
1 - 6 (0.8%)
Total Voters: 700

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [302] The Headband  (Read 71640 times)
Boosflash
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ozai's Keeper

« Reply #825 on: Dec 17, 2011 05:12 pm »

^Hi, Toontow87. Colle was reffering to when Aang was like "blah, blah,blah". BTW, I know sometimes you're so moved by the love of your nation that sometimes you can't control your own body, but posting on this forum is not conducive to a proper learning enviroment. You can post in your head the next time the urge hits you. hehehe.  Grin

Keeper of Ozai's Ozainess,
Keeper of The Monkey
Keeper of "Doctor please, I don't think that arm goes in there."
I hope I stole your post.
Keyblade Master Roxas
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Shake the Core.

« Reply #826 on: Apr 12, 2012 05:27 pm »

I'm sorry to bump this thread, but did any of you noticed Aang had his arrow headband upside down?

BloodbenderBeast
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I've lost my life in water tribe....

« Reply #827 on: Nov 27, 2013 02:47 pm »

Kill me! This epizode rules! I hate dancing, but when they use the Waterbending moves (without water) as a dance, it was really good! It was as a fight, this moves use Taiji and Waterbending when the masters fight without weapons (You can learn it after 4-5 years of studying), but their "cave jivin'" was the coolest fight what I was already seen! Good job, dancers!

Mulan95
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #828 on: Aug 30, 2014 07:18 am »

I love Sokka in this episode;) He's just hilarious:)

\\\"True wisdom begins when we accept things as they are.\\\" -Tenzin
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #829 on: Sep 21, 2014 07:06 pm »

I  always wonder did those kids especially the one that saw the earth bending and maybe passed that information around to the others, ever put 2 and 2 together and realise it was the Avatar that was at their school and throw a dance party. That would be an awesome story to tell the grandkids, maybe in Book 4 of Korra we might see some senior citizens comment "I meet the Avatar once, he was at my school and throw us a dance party." Probably whoever they are telling that to won't believe them and be like "sure grandpa sure" and make a sarcastic face.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Esperaholon
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #830 on: Sep 22, 2014 08:17 pm »

Honestly... I'm surprised if most of the folks from that period aren't getting "sure buddy, I believe" from their children never mind the grandkids. I mean think about it -
"So my girlfriend turned into the moon."
"And this pretty young thing jumped 50 yards if she jumped a foot."
"And she couldn't have been more then 4 ft tall, but she beat us all like we stole something." "She pulled an entire river out it's bed to chase us down."
"She stopped the rain."
"He turned into a giant water monster and nearly killed us all."

It just sounds weird man... Really weird.
The_Xov
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #831 on: Sep 23, 2014 04:15 pm »

Honestly... I'm surprised if most of the folks from that period aren't getting "sure buddy, I believe" from their children never mind the grandkids. I mean think about it -
"So my girlfriend turned into the moon."
"And this pretty young thing jumped 50 yards if she jumped a foot."
"And she couldn't have been more then 4 ft tall, but she beat us all like we stole something." "She pulled an entire river out it's bed to chase us down."
"She stopped the rain."
"He turned into a giant water monster and nearly killed us all."

It just sounds weird man... Really weird.
This is a world where ducks have turtle shells on their backs.

How is any of that unbelievable?! lol

iKeep: The Airbending Wipeout Obstacle Course from Original Airbenders!
That bastard formerly known as mike50333
Esperaholon
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #832 on: Sep 23, 2014 05:43 pm »

Eh - we turtleducks are normal for that world... It's like the difference between believing in apes and therefore believing in Bigfoot. One does not lead to the other. By that same instance, having a turtle duck running around doesn't mean a dude's girlfriend can suddenly turn into the moon or that little boys regularly turn into giant water monsters or that teenage girls are totally capable of stopping the rain like it's simple.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #833 on: Sep 23, 2014 05:51 pm »

Hey, what about the bear. In a world where that exists, I'll believe anything.

Esperaholon
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #834 on: Sep 23, 2014 08:00 pm »

We have bears... of course we also have been to the moon - it is not in fact a hot chick... Weird.
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #835 on: Dec 30, 2014 09:16 pm »

This was a cute little episode. I have never been a big shipper, but the Kataang moments in this episode whefe adorable. I also felt a pain in my heart when Zuko berated Iroh the way he did. It was painful to see Zuko fall so far.

Also I want more Mai fanart where she wears her cape. That was a great look for her.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #836 on: Dec 31, 2014 03:27 am »

The Kataang and Zuko parts are the only parts that save the episode for me.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #837 on: Dec 31, 2014 02:46 pm »

Wasn't that like the whole episode?
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #838 on: Dec 31, 2014 07:27 pm »

No. The Kataang parts were only the one bit at the start when Katara reveals her new outfit and then the last 3 minutes. The Zuko parts were only a third of the episode. Half the episode was some dumb school nonsense filled with generic bullies and Aang saying "school is fun" which I assume was some way to advertise to kids that they should like school.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #839 on: Jan 01, 2015 10:22 am »

Seriously though I am hoping some of these kids show up in the comics. The next plot is New Ozai society plot so I could see them play some minor supporting roles. Perhaps showing a FN internal debate. I see the tattle tell bully being New Ozai society.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #840 on: Aug 21, 2016 09:45 am »

I just saw a tumblr GIF of Aang & Katara dancing in this episode and I suddenly remember this, was anyone weirded out or surprised that Katara was suddenly back flipping and cartwheeling? I remembered going "Whaaaat. Since when was she this agile and nimble??" We never saw her pulling off any movements like these in previous episodes when she was in battle. The "most agile" movement I recalled her doing before that was a tuck and roll followed by a water whip in The Earth King episode.

Was anyone surprised as well by Katara's dancing or was it just me?

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #841 on: Aug 21, 2016 10:25 am »

Remember her fight with Pakku when she slid up that ice "slide" she made and she did a flip before landing? She is capable of doing the movements, why she chooses not to more often is a mystery.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #842 on: Aug 21, 2016 04:15 pm »

Probably because they leave us bipedal humans unstable. Solid and balanced beats fancy and agile any day of the week in martial arts.

Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: