Dec 17, 2017 04:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 370 (51.1%)
9 - 161 (22.2%)
8 - 104 (14.4%)
7 - 55 (7.6%)
6 - 13 (1.8%)
5 - 7 (1%)
4 - 4 (0.6%)
3 - 1 (0.1%)
2 - 3 (0.4%)
1 - 6 (0.8%)
Total Voters: 700

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [302] The Headband  (Read 71641 times)
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #800 on: Dec 10, 2010 04:02 pm »

Anyway, back on topic. Seeing Aang is school was interesting xD
I didn't find it intresting. i would rather know what happened to the real kuzon. Sad

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
storytime7
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #801 on: Dec 17, 2010 04:26 pm »

I really liked this episode.
« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2010 11:29 pm by storytime7 » Logged
Citation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Die Fl├╝gel der Freiheit

« Reply #802 on: Dec 18, 2010 05:28 pm »

This was an average episode overall, but for a few points I liked. One, Aang's noodle portrait of Ozai was hilarious. Two, it was adorable seeing Azula show concern for Zuko, even if she did have her own motives to keep him away from Iroh. Three, Katara's reaction to Aang dancing with On Ji is very giggle-worthy. Cheesy

Ozai's Angels FTW!
Look at me still talking when there's science to do...
QUEEN OF THE GIBBERISH KINGDOM AND VICE PRESIDENT OF THE AZULON
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #803 on: Dec 18, 2010 11:58 pm »

Didn't really like this one at all, it seemed aang wanted to be normal kid playing around while the war goes on and soldiers die.

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
newavatarfan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm a real legend

« Reply #804 on: Mar 26, 2011 08:50 pm »

This is a personal favorite of mine. It does a great job of showing us what the fire nation is all about and really shows us how deprived Aang has been of an actual childhood. What makes this episode so unique is that it tells such an upbeat story, while conveying such sad underpinnings. I can understand why some may not like this episode, but to me this ranks in the top 3-5 for S3 and very high up overall in the series. It's also one of the few episodes that combines excellent storytelling and humor with a standalone plot, which have a mixed record in ATLA.

SilverSandwich
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #805 on: Mar 26, 2011 10:40 pm »

Some might look at an episode like this one and yell "ZOMG FILLER!" (with some good reason), but I can't hate on it, it's too well executed. The humor is well done, Zuko's story arc is continued, a good glimpse into the Fire Nation's use of propaganda is given, and we get the first really serious dose of Kataang in Book 3.

Plus, it's a homage to Footloose. When I first realized that I was kind of floored that a Nick series was doing that.

Oh, and Wang and Sapphire Fire. That is all.
birdiegirl8
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

So much win in this icon.

« Reply #806 on: Mar 30, 2011 12:54 pm »

Footloose came to my mind too when i watched it the first time.

oh, and Matthew Underwood was the jealous boyfriend! hotness!

Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #807 on: Apr 10, 2011 03:30 pm »

This was one of the better filler episodes. I love Wang Fire and Sapphire Fire!

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #808 on: Apr 10, 2011 05:02 pm »

^ pretty much pointless fan service filler that doesn't do anything. To end on a positive note i liked the fire nation brain washing the kids in school. Also aang seemed to forget there was war going and wanted to be normal....really?

The Pebble
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

EARTHBENDING STYLE

« Reply #809 on: Apr 10, 2011 05:07 pm »

^Every hero wants to be normal at one point or another.  It would've been confusing for me if he didn't find the idea of being normal appealing.

I keep Teo's head bandage, Bato's burn scars, and Jet's treetop ziplines.
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #810 on: Apr 10, 2011 05:11 pm »

I love this episode way too much Tongue Its pretty filler-y but it was done with so much charm and humour that its one of the most re-watchable episodes for me.
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #811 on: Apr 10, 2011 08:42 pm »

Wang Fire made this episode awesome.

Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #812 on: Apr 10, 2011 10:36 pm »

^Every hero wants to be normal at one point or another.  It would've been confusing for me if he didn't find the idea of being normal appealing.
He certainly picked the worst time to do so, even show little concern for the state of the world.

The Pebble
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

EARTHBENDING STYLE

« Reply #813 on: Apr 10, 2011 10:39 pm »

^The timing isn't exactly his fault.  And I think it's easy to show little concern for the state of the world when you're young and having fun.  No matter if you're the Avatar or not. Tongue

Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #814 on: Apr 10, 2011 10:44 pm »

Cheesy You can't be serious Huh People are dying daily and aang wants to bee normanl, have funny, and dance. Some avatar he is.

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #815 on: Apr 10, 2011 10:45 pm »

Couldn't this complaint be levelled at the entire show though? Even in times of war, things can't always be srs. They dropped the ball on a few episodes of this nature in the show, but this one was a goodie as far as I'm concerned.
The Pebble
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

EARTHBENDING STYLE

« Reply #816 on: Apr 10, 2011 10:55 pm »

Cheesy You can't be serious Huh People are dying daily and aang wants to bee normanl, have funny, and dance. Some avatar he is.

It's not like they were planning on settling down on that island and throwing dance parties while the world was destroyed. Roll Eyes

In the show they explained it away as helping the future generation of the Fire Nation.  And the show needed some time to show that not everyone in the Fire Nation was evil.  Granted, they spent a bit more time on that than was necessary, but the show is aimed at kids. *shrug*

I don't know what you were expecting in season three, but if you expected every episode to be fighting the Fire Lord to save the world, I think it was a little farfetched of you.  There was bound to be some filler, some episodes like this one, showing the Gaang's interractions with people of the Fire Nation.

Couldn't this complaint be levelled at the entire show though? Even in times of war, things can't always be srs. They dropped the ball on a few episodes of this nature in the show, but this one was a goodie as far as I'm concerned.

Exactly!  And if every episode was super srs, they would lose their target audience. xD

To me it's only logical that people would want to let loose and have fun every once in a while.  Even if there's a war and they're the world's only hope. xD

drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #817 on: Apr 10, 2011 10:57 pm »

Aang had one chance to beat the Fire Lord.  If he failed he would most likely be killed or captured.  Therefor he shouldn't be jumping to do it before he was ready.  And he wouldn't have a chance to be normal after the war.

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #818 on: Apr 10, 2011 10:57 pm »

Exactly!  And if every episode was super srs, they would lose their target audience. xD

And me for that matter Tongue
The Pebble
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

EARTHBENDING STYLE

« Reply #819 on: Apr 10, 2011 10:59 pm »

^Yeah, they would actually lose mroe than their target audience...they might just lose their entire audience. :O

SilverSandwich
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #820 on: Apr 11, 2011 03:15 pm »

Plus, Aang didn't set out to get into that school, he just happened to pick the wrong set of Fire Nation clothes to pilfer.

Once he was there and learned of the brainwashing and rewriting of history going on, however, he felt he had to do something.
WaterKatara
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Kataang Forever

« Reply #821 on: May 24, 2011 01:11 pm »

Gotta admit, I did not like Onji being there. Kataang all the way. She worried me a bit. Thought she was gonna get crazy about Aang. Loved the dance. That stuff was hilarious!! Great episode!!

Shipper of Kataang.Keeper of Aang's sensitiveness and Katara's anger.Kataang will always be together.FOREVER!!
RWB
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #822 on: May 24, 2011 06:48 pm »

Actually, blending in was kinda what they were supposed to do, since they already have planned when to strike.

"I made [my money] on the seas, and in the mines, and in the cattle wars of the old frontier! I made it by being tougher than the toughies, and smarter than the smarties! And I made it square!" -Scrooge Mc Duck
colle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #823 on: Dec 16, 2011 03:21 pm »

It has been awhile since someone posted on this thread. I am fairly new here so I thought I would post my thoughts on at least some of the episodes.

"The Headband" was one of my favorite of the basically light hearted episodes. It was interesting to see the indocination and proganda the children in the fire nation are exposed to, it reminds me of what one hears about totaitrian regimes like North Korea. Aang trying to fit in was amusing, and the trouble he got into at school, like intentionally messing up the oath. Sokka and Katara pretending to be Aang's parents was hilarious and the dance party was fun to watch.
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2011 03:24 pm by colle » Logged
toontow87
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #824 on: Dec 16, 2011 07:55 pm »

^ I don't think Aang was intentionally messing up the oath. I just think he didnt know it.

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: