Dec 14, 2019 02:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 256 (39.9%)
9 - 135 (21%)
8 - 125 (19.5%)
7 - 81 (12.6%)
6 - 22 (3.4%)
5 - 8 (1.2%)
4 - 5 (0.8%)
3 - 4 (0.6%)
2 - 1 (0.2%)
1 - 5 (0.8%)
Total Voters: 615

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [301] The Awakening  (Read 67548 times)
green bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I Rep 412

« Reply #925 on: Jul 15, 2008 01:13 pm »

The only thing that bothered me is that, after being struck down by lightening, and having katara save him, Wouldn't he realize he needs his friends, instead of just flying away supposedly trying to protect them? Without his friends he would have died. Wouldn't he had realized that?
PG15
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Boo!

« Reply #926 on: Jul 15, 2008 08:06 pm »

That would be the rational train of thought, but you can also think of it a different way. Katara was in grave danger in BSS and she could've easily been killed along with him. If she hadn't been there, though he would've died, he would be the only one in danger. When talking about life and death, Aang's selfless like that.

ZukosGirlx11
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #927 on: Jul 30, 2008 11:42 am »

sokka's 'thank you the universe' comment was hilarious xp
i wish we got to see how zuko and mai got together though...

green bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I Rep 412

« Reply #928 on: Jul 30, 2008 02:12 pm »

This premier wasn't as good as the series premier or book 2's premier. This was the lesser premier, just my opinion.
 but when Aang attempts to fly straight toward Ozai, is he trying to kill him then? Obviously aang wouldn't desire to kill him, but at that moment was that his intention?
netsavy006
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #929 on: Sep 17, 2008 06:30 pm »

This episode was pretty much ok.  I figured Aang wouldn't have been able to do everything himself.  He really needed the help of his 'associates' to fair a chance, especially when it came to the eclipse and the firelord.

Violet Vespertine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #930 on: Sep 17, 2008 07:27 pm »

Just got my Book 3 boxset from Amazon today and promptly watched the first 3 episodes.
I'm so excited!!!

Okay, The Awakening...I gave it a 10.  I just loved it.  My jaw drapped at several things.
A couple of weeks have passed and Aang's just waking up.  He was"gone" as he says and Katara's water just breathe life into him again.  He looks adorable with hair.
Zuko and Mai together and kissing...all after 2 weeks.   Shocked  Lucky Mai!!!  I howled when she asked Zuko if he cold, he proceeded to talk about his trepidation about going home and she replies "I just asked if you were cold, not for your life story."  At least Zuko's getting some loving.

The gaang hijacked a Fire Nation ship.  Good thinking.  And we have Katara's and Sokka's dad onboard.  I love him. So they have a small group of allies set for the invasion of the Fire Nation on the day of black son.

Poor Aang feels like a failure and wants the world to know he's alive.  He's so determined to set things right.  We got to see Roku and Yue again while Aang was caught in the water.  Roku feels he's to blame for the war himself and that Aang can redeem him. 
Finally, aang accepts that it's better if the world thinks he's dead...for now.

Katara's meltdown on her dad made my eyes well up.  She neeede to let all that out. 

About Zuko and Azula:

Those Fire Nation cronies who introduced the returning "heroes", Azula and Zuko are creepy. 
The images of a newly invaded Ba Sing Se were depressing.  I could see Jin in the old tea shop and baby Hope and her parents.
So Prince Zuko is welcomed back as a hero.  He didn't look that happy, did he?
Love the nod to "Zuko Alone" with Zuko feeding the turtle ducks at the pond.(did you notice how the turtle ducks took off in fright when Azula showed up).  He's still worried about his father's feelings for him.  Ozai hasn't sought Zuko
out to talk. 
Azula's up to something with Zuko.  She wonders if the Avatar is still alive.  Zuko knows it's a possibility but says it can't be.

Nice connection made between Aang and Zuko when Aang says that he wants to get his honour back and they cut to Zuko going to see Ozai. 

We get our first good look at Ozai.  What does the  Firelord do all day, anyway?  Stand behind that wall of flames twiddling his thumbs?
So Ozai says that Zuko is redeemed and that he's proud of Zuko for showing loyalty and for killing the avatar.  Oh, oh!!!!  Azula's up to no good.  She told Ozai quite a story about Zuko's prowess and skill intaking down Aang.
Zuko confronts Azula later on.  Now Zuko knows that if Aang is alive, the disgrace will be his, not Azula's.  My God, that girl is scary and smart.

Ooze33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Back from the dead?

« Reply #931 on: Sep 21, 2008 09:20 pm »

I"d just like to note that today was the one-year anniversary for this episode and Book 3!

I Keep: Aunt Wu's headpiece, Lin Beifong's scar, The Lieutenant's kali sticks, and The Cabbage Merchant's Statue
Zukofire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #932 on: Sep 21, 2008 10:50 pm »

I just hate this episode.......!!!
CherryRose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #933 on: Sep 21, 2008 10:52 pm »

Why? I gave it a 10. Without it the rest of book 3 just wouldn't be as awesome as it was.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Monk's Gone Wild (IZ TEH BIGGEST ZUTARIAN ON ASN)

« Reply #934 on: Sep 21, 2008 11:02 pm »

Oh man I remember this episode when it first aired a year ago.

I was crying when Aang was in the storm and how he was on the verge of giving up. I mean he pretty much given up. I was in tears. I was so scared about what would happen to Aang during that storm. Thank goodness for Yue! Grin

and I remember watching the preview (about 2 days before the eppy aired) and thinking "Wow...Aang is really gonna die! Again!"

Congratulations Avatards! It's been one whole year since the 10-month hiatus has been over and season 3 aired! Appluad yourselves!

Keeper of Aang discovering he had hair, Zuko&Katara first mission together

I thanked everyone who made me icon/sig on DA. General/Commander AA22 of the Zutarmy. Master of the weapon Zutaratana!
green bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I Rep 412

« Reply #935 on: Jul 17, 2009 02:59 pm »

I don't care for it either. I really was disappointed by the episode. 
Why? I gave it a 10. Without it the rest of book 3 just wouldn't be as awesome as it was.
Without it really nothing would change beside the season would miss an introduction. But think about it, the Awakening really didn't even support the Series finale. Aang is going straight towards Ozai in this, but the series finale he's like No "i don't want to hurt him"
Really the book 3 premier contradicted the finale.
With out it the story would make a little more sense.
Any way, I thought it was a poorly done episode, and after a 9 month hiatus, I expected more.
AirMaster18
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #936 on: Jul 31, 2009 07:11 pm »

Here's something I don't get from this episode. Maybe one of you has some insight. You know how Aang mentions how Katara brought him back with her Spirit Water? Well, if you've seen Escape from the Spirit World, you know that Aang had to reconnect with his past lives to save the Avatar Spirit. Once he does, the Avatar Spirit is saved. But what really brought him back: his journey to the Spirit World or Katara's Spirit Water?  Huh
Zukotard
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

TenzinxLoopies. The next Kataang. Look for it.

« Reply #937 on: Jul 31, 2009 09:53 pm »

Here's something I don't get from this episode. Maybe one of you has some insight. You know how Aang mentions how Katara brought him back with her Spirit Water? Well, if you've seen Escape from the Spirit World, you know that Aang had to reconnect with his past lives to save the Avatar Spirit. Once he does, the Avatar Spirit is saved. But what really brought him back: his journey to the Spirit World or Katara's Spirit Water?  Huh
Wait I thought that episode just focused on Aang learning about his role as the Avatar? He didn't save his Avatar Spirit...I believe at least. It was Katara's Spirit Water that saved him, since he can't go back into the Avatar State so obviously his visit to the Spirit World (if he even had one during his coma) didn't do anything since he couldn't go back into the Avatar State. 

Keeper of Zuko's unintentional humor,  Sokka's Sneak Attacks, and Azula's Mirror Breaking in 320. Sig created by the talented Beautybutterflyspirit.
7/1/10-the worst day ever
7/22/10- best day eve
KataraTheWaterbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #938 on: Aug 02, 2009 06:55 pm »

Well, I haven't seen the Escape from the Spirit World episodes in a long, long time, so I could be wrong, but I think what they meant by Aang "saving his Avatar Spirit" has something to with what Avatar Roku told Aang in "The Avatar State" episode. Remember? "If you are killed in the Avatar State, the reincarnation cycle will be broken, and the Avatar will cease to exist." So while Katara's Spirit Water brought him back to life (because he was indeed killed in the Avatar State), I think perhaps he still had to save the Avatar Spirit because without it, while he would still live, he would never be able to go into the Avatar State again, and there would be no new Avatar after Aang died. So he had to save it for that to happen.

I hope that makes sense, and if it doesn't, I'll try to explain it better. But I could be completely wrong anyway, so take it with a grain of salt.

Keeper of Aang's love for Katara, Katara's beauty, Maiko, and Azula's possible redemption
water avatar864
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #939 on: Aug 03, 2009 08:50 am »

When aang said he wanted his honor. he sounded like zuko

Signature by tongone
Violet Vespertine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #940 on: Aug 03, 2009 07:59 pm »

^That was a deliberate parallel.
hollatya
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #941 on: Aug 04, 2009 01:51 am »

Yeah I like when they show Zuko/Aang resemblances. Thought it was a good episode everytime I watch it though it always seems really short.

Sig and Avie done by me.
Zukotard
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

TenzinxLoopies. The next Kataang. Look for it.

« Reply #942 on: Aug 04, 2009 10:38 am »

^ Sorry I know this is off topic but hollatya where did you get that picture of Zuko in your signature? I've never seen it before.

Keeper of Zuko's unintentional humor,  Sokka's Sneak Attacks, and Azula's Mirror Breaking in 320. Sig created by the talented Beautybutterflyspirit.
7/1/10-the worst day ever
7/22/10- best day eve
AirMaster18
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #943 on: Aug 17, 2009 09:35 pm »

Well, I haven't seen the Escape from the Spirit World episodes in a long, long time, so I could be wrong, but I think what they meant by Aang "saving his Avatar Spirit" has something to with what Avatar Roku told Aang in "The Avatar State" episode. Remember? "If you are killed in the Avatar State, the reincarnation cycle will be broken, and the Avatar will cease to exist." So while Katara's Spirit Water brought him back to life (because he was indeed killed in the Avatar State), I think perhaps he still had to save the Avatar Spirit because without it, while he would still live, he would never be able to go into the Avatar State again, and there would be no new Avatar after Aang died. So he had to save it for that to happen.

I hope that makes sense, and if it doesn't, I'll try to explain it better. But I could be completely wrong anyway, so take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I think that what you said makes sense. Thanks for your help. Sometimes I wonder if it's just an inconsistency. I'm sure that it makes sense somehow. But thanks for your insight.  Smiley
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Monk's Gone Wild (IZ TEH BIGGEST ZUTARIAN ON ASN)

« Reply #944 on: Sep 21, 2009 07:41 pm »

So bascially its been 2 years since this episode aired. I always feel a sense of thrill because after that whole 10 months after CoD and the anticipation of this new episode. It was good.

10 MONTHS MAN Grin

Keeper of Aang discovering he had hair, Zuko&Katara first mission together

I thanked everyone who made me icon/sig on DA. General/Commander AA22 of the Zutarmy. Master of the weapon Zutaratana!
water avatar864
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #945 on: Sep 22, 2009 04:03 pm »

true that

Signature by tongone
water avatar864
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #946 on: Sep 22, 2009 04:04 pm »

I wrote, true that

Signature by tongone
christina896
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #947 on: Sep 24, 2009 10:50 pm »

sokka's 'thank you the universe' comment was hilarious xp
i wish we got to see how zuko and mai got together though...

What do you mean? We did get to see how they got together.
Celestine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Reign of stars.

« Reply #948 on: Sep 30, 2009 08:09 pm »

Although it's nasty business choosing a favorite episode, the jury's out, and I think this one just did win out.

I love how we get to see Aang hit his lowest point in the series and then come back, scarred, but undefeated. It was such a great sense of hope reborn. When Yue comes down to him and the avatar theme starts, I get goosebumps!

Again, choosing favorites is hard, but this is definitely one of the episodes where Avatar was at the pinnacle of its glory character and story-wise.

Perception is everything.

Keeper of Iroh's past mistakes and Katara's laughter.

Sig by The
giggles
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #949 on: Jan 25, 2010 08:39 am »

What made me like the episode was when Roku appeared and also Princess Yue.
Aang: I'm not gonna make it. I failed.

(There is another flash of lightning and the spirit of Avatar Roku appears before Aang.)

Aang: Roku?
Roku: You haven't failed, Aang.
Aang: But everyone thinks I am dead again. They think I've abandoned them, and I'm losing this war. I'm letting the whole world down.
Roku: If anyone is to blame for the state of the world, it is me. I should've seen this war coming, and prevented it. You inherited my problems and my mistakes. But I also believe you are destined to redeem me, and save the world.
Aang: I don't know.

(A beam of moonlight casts over Aang.)
Yue: (off screen) You already saved the world.
(Aang looks up to the sky. The camera tilts up to show the moon shining through the clouds. The spirit of Yue appears in front of it.)
Yue: And you'll save the world again. But you can't give up.
(Yue descends towards Aang. Cut to a shot of Aang staring in wonder. His expression quickly turns to determination.)
Aang: You're right. I won't give up

So touching and inspiring. Smiley
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: