Dec 07, 2019 05:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Magazine #2] Second All-Avatar Nickmag (2007)  (Read 45580 times)
Nandireya
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The pouty Disillusioned Water Tribe Tot

« Reply #800 on: Sep 21, 2007 09:05 pm »

Todd (my comicshop guy) came through for me...it's now lying, unopened and unread, with my unwatched Season Two box set on my coffee table...

Didn't get a receipt though...so I can't enter the contest...

The Road Less Travelled Duty
Keeps Zuko's Path to Redemption and "I'm Never Happy"
HMS
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #801 on: Sep 22, 2007 10:59 am »

My dad is awesome. He was in america for business, so I asked him if he could buy the magazine and now I have it  Grin

BTW Is there still doubt about the whip of the enemy with the helmet?
because I read in the back of the magazine that the picture of the firewhip was made by...
So it is a firewhip

Keeper of Sokka's fishhooks
Keeper of the years Roku spent mastering the elements
Keeper of The Duke's Helmet
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ADORABLE!! <3333

« Reply #802 on: Sep 22, 2007 01:21 pm »

Cool My mom is amazing!
She found the magazine at borders while she was studing. I can't believe it! Not so much excited as i thought.

Keeper of: Aang shirtlessness, Firebending Harmony in FM, Aang blindfolded & Aang walking away from the play
dianam41
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Zuko by Konietzko

« Reply #803 on: Sep 23, 2007 08:22 am »

I finally got my magazine! *hugs it tightly* My receipt lists the magazine as a bunch of numbers... How would you be able to identify that the numbers is an Avatar magazine?

Does it spell '1337'?

*cheesy wink*

Seriously though, I dont think I commented on the mag yet. My favorite comic definately was "Its Just Natural". Avatar humor can be so light and entertaining. And the comic told us we will not have to cope with a way to hide the King in season 3: which means we will have more time to spend on important matters.
Yeah. Kuei and Bosco suddenly tearing off their royal outfits was pretty entertaining...

My receipt lists the mag as:

PERIODICAL
*long chain of numbers*(space)*2 numbers*(space)*2 letters*(space)*an alphabet*

Maybe I should just go ahead and send my entry?

Most receipts have the UPC code, which ends in 558 or 034.  Send it in!  If I have any problem identifying it, I will respond to your entry with an e-mail back to you.

P.S.  Any other questions about the contest can be posted in the "Questions on ASN Magazine Contest."  Icy, I know you posted there as well, but for anyone who has wondered about that and hasn't seen the answer in the other thread, here's the answer!
Mei-Ling
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

★A Master Earthbender★

« Reply #804 on: Sep 24, 2007 09:57 am »

wow, I called B & N and they don't have it!! WTF?Huh

Some people have been saying that after they called a store, they went and actually checked and it turned out the mag was there--even if the people didn't know on the phone. Just a thought.

Seriously?! Wow! I need to check there ASAP. Thanks!

Shipper of: Taang, Ty Lokka, and Zutara
Keeper of: Toph's Tomboyness (personality), Aang and Toph's first kiss (even though it won't happen), and Zuko's apology to the Gaang.
Hitomi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Cute

« Reply #805 on: Sep 24, 2007 01:33 pm »

Yay I got mine! The comics in it are so fun to read, and there's allot of things that will help you out. By the way, if you are having trouble finding one, then check out wal-mart, I thought they wouldn't have it, but my brother pointed it out to me.
dianam41
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Zuko by Konietzko

« Reply #806 on: Sep 24, 2007 01:39 pm »

Yay I got mine! The comics in it are so fun to read, and there's allot of things that will help you out. By the way, if you are having trouble finding one, then check out wal-mart, I thought they wouldn't have it, but my brother pointed it out to me.

That's where I bought 14 of my 19 copies.  I'm almost ashamed to say that I took their entire stock.  I hope that prompts the mag vendor to restock it...
ZukoGoesCrazy
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #807 on: Sep 24, 2007 02:57 pm »

i have the mag and it was SO AWESOME. ITS LIKE MY BIBLE lol. m a crazy fan of avatar and like its so amazing. it really helped me understand the awakening because it has comics in it that have to do with the episode. ok well any questions just message me. see ya!                                                                                                                                                                                   ZukoGoesCrazy
bumi3
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #808 on: Sep 25, 2007 03:48 am »

Now I figure for those of you who have not read the new magazine, which I strongly suggust you buy it before it is too late my Barns & Nobles will stop display it on November 13, I decided to make a list of what you can expect to see in the upcoming season.

Back in Action
You can expect to see farmilar faces making reappearences in season 3. However, the only two characters from season 2 shown in the magazine is Wan Shi Tong and one member of the Rough Rhinos. List of season 1 characters shown in magazine below are:
  • Jun
  • Teo
  • Jet
  • Suki
  • Aunt Wu
  • Princess Yue
  • Jeong Jeong
  • Flopsey
  • Haru
  • The Blue Spirt
  • King Bumi

Tourist Traps
Here is a list of place that the magazine says to expect on seeing in the third season.
  • Roku's birthplace
  • The Western Air Temple
  • A island in the middle of a boiling lake.
  • Firelord Ozai's summer home on Ember Island

Romantic Leads
For those of you wondering if Zutara is finally dead. It's says that if your wondering if Katara will end up with Aang, Zuko, or neither. That the answer is not neither. It also says that Mai and Zuko may play a role in this whole thing. They are also going to have some fun with Azula, fun and Azula? Those are two words you do not see together often. Wink

Firebending Teacher
Yes, in fact there will be a firebending teacher for Aang. Right now this is unknown, but they did mention the most obvious canadates. General Iroh, Jeong Jeong and yes, even Azula they said could somehow switch sides.

Bring on the Baddies
They also tell us about villians we may see down the line. For example, The Combustion Man, who is possibly the guy we will see in "The Headband" this Friday, because it said he has an unusual tattoo on his forhead. Also as we may already know, a new water tribe villian and another from the past with disturbing conection to Sokka and Katara.

Last Aang Standing? Other Airbenders?
The magazine also tells us that Aang may not be the last airbender after all. Then it jokes that they may need to change the show's name to "Avatar: One of the Last Few Airbenders."

Iroh connection
For those of you wondering if Iroh is a broken man? He isn't. It says that his spirits are still high, but is it as strong as his love for all things tea reliated? He could be plotting or planning an escape.

Well that is all for right now, if you have the new Avatar magazine or will get it, you could find this information on pages 2 & 3. That is all for me, see you all laterz. *snorts

p.s. I also learned that the person who voices Hakoda, also voices King Bumi. Yeah King Bumi!!!! Grin
Legend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Only a legend would know...

« Reply #809 on: Sep 25, 2007 08:42 am »

Keep in mind some of what was written are jokes. Cheesy For example, the airbenders theory was a joke, he even wrote the word joke in.

Wow, Jet? :/ I thought he was dead. I really am tired of seeing him; maybe he will be in spirit form, like Yue. I can't wait to see Jun, Aunt Wu, Suki, King Bumi, and seeing the Blue Spirit back in action. I wonder how Zuko is going to get another mask. Cheesy Well, we have seen it on a cart before; it is the chinese opera, wizard mask; and he does have access to role funds. If all else fails, he can go back to Lake Laogai and search the depths for it. :p
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2007 08:44 am by Legend » Logged

Keeper of Ty Lee's Love of Pink
Keeper of Iroh's Feigned Insanity
Keeper of Katara's Volatile Temper
Keeper of Zuko's Love for his Uncle Iroh

For the record, I only ship this:
This will dominate the earth!
RhoughRhinoAlternate
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The lack of Rhinos, Rough or otherwise, is noted.

« Reply #810 on: Sep 25, 2007 09:40 am »

To be fair, all those characters appeared in a question mark, implying that it is unkown which of them are coming back. 

And of course, coming back could be in flashback form.  For example, Jet could get a new scene that is a flashabck of one of the other Freedom Fighters remembering how Jet recuited him/her. 

But let's nopt forget what Aaron said here: "...if they are dead, they are probably not coming back." 
LIAR! Yue, Roku, Sozin are all dead and coming back in season three!

My fanfics:http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=14224.0
Keeper of Bomb guys' Outfit and bombs, the drill, and the double chain hammer
Legend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #811 on: Sep 25, 2007 09:40 am »

To be fair, all those characters appeared in a question mark, implying that it is unkown which of them are coming back. 

And of course, coming back could be in flashback form.  For example, Jet could get a new scene that is a flashabck of one of the other Freedom Fighters remembering how Jet recuited him/her. 

But let's nopt forget what Aaron said here: "...if they are dead, they are probably not coming back." 
LIAR! Yue, Roku, Sozin are all dead and coming back in season three!

In spirit and flashback form, though. :p

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Ultimate Tag Team

« Reply #812 on: Sep 25, 2007 09:41 am »

Keep in mind some of what was written are jokes. Cheesy For example, the airbenders theory was a joke, he even wrote the word joke in.

Wow, Jet? :/ I thought he was dead. I really am tired of seeing him; maybe he will be in spirit form, like Yue. I can't wait to see Jun, Aunt Wu, Suki, King Bumi, and seeing the Blue Spirit back in action. I wonder how Zuko is going to get another mask. Cheesy Well, we have seen it on a cart before; it is the chinese opera, wizard mask; and he does have access to role funds. If all else fails, he can go back to Lake Laogai and search the depths for it. :p

I don't think the airbender theory is a joke, he is just joking about the title of the show, he's not joking about the actual airbenders existing...in other words the joke is that they would actually change the name of the show...which never happens
Legend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #813 on: Sep 25, 2007 10:01 am »

I don't think the airbender theory is a joke, he is just joking about the title of the show, he's not joking about the actual airbenders existing...in other words the joke is that they would actually change the name of the show...which never happens

Its already been confirmed that Aang is the last airbender...

Interview:
"MDD: Aang is the last Airbender, so I don't think it's possible for Airbending to spontaneously develop in the general population."
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2007 02:33 pm by Legend » Logged

Metal.Ikaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Go, Kataang! Go Tokka! *squeals*

« Reply #814 on: Sep 25, 2007 10:49 am »

Thanks for the great bits of info! Really useful for me, since i can`t buy the magazine here in Latvia >_>

Also, it`s nice to see that Katara won`t end up alone. I just hope she goes for Aang! Cheesy

And Yay! for King Bumi, i love that guy  Grin

Season 3 is going to be so awesome! ^^
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2007 10:50 am by Metal.Ikaa » Logged

Chronic A.F.M. sufferer.
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #815 on: Sep 25, 2007 02:17 pm »

What to expect? merged into pre-existing discussion about the Avatar magazine.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Hitomi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Cute

« Reply #816 on: Sep 25, 2007 02:21 pm »

I though he meant it as a joke for the title of the show being changed, and there being more airbenders could be a possibilty, plus we haven't seen the Western Air Temple yet, so it might not be a joke
Legend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #817 on: Sep 25, 2007 02:32 pm »

I though he meant it as a joke for the title of the show being changed, and there being more airbenders could be a possibilty, plus we haven't seen the Western Air Temple yet, so it might not be a joke

I'll quote myself:

Its already been confirmed that Aang is the last airbender...

Interview:
"MDD: Aang is the last Airbender, so I don't think it's possible for Airbending to spontaneously develop in the general population."

Tha Lotus
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #818 on: Sep 26, 2007 12:48 am »

Man. I got a quick question. I just looked at the receipt and for some reason it says I bought a spongebob magazine for $4.99! I have the magazine to prove I bought the avatar magazine. can I scan it with the receipt to prove I bought it? SpongeBob?!
Momillo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Pentapox! Didn't your cousin Chang die of that?

« Reply #819 on: Sep 26, 2007 07:33 am »

yay

Wan shi tong!!!! yay knowledge bird!!!!
The Painted Lady
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Flamey-o....jerk.

« Reply #820 on: Sep 30, 2007 07:20 pm »

In response to some of the belly-aching about the Aand-Katara-Zuko article snippet in the mag........

People, we are only TWO EPISODES into the dang season.  Do you honestly think the characters won't change in the span of twenty-plus episodes?  Look at the development of Zuko last season.  I think it's definitely possible something could happen that draws Zuko together with the Gaang, invariably causing an opportunity for Zutara.

I'm not hating on the other ships.  I just think it's really stupid to make assumptions this early on in the season.

On another note I STILL don't have the dang magazine.  I looked tons of places by my house and so far nothing is coming up near my university.

Imagination is a preview of life's coming attractions.
Toph Rox
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #821 on: Oct 01, 2007 08:57 am »

Does anyone know how long the magazine is suppose to be on the stands? I can't find it anywhere. I've seen the Nick magazine, but it's not the avatar one. If it is still out, then I will look harder, if its not then I guess I need to write to nick to get a backorder.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #822 on: Oct 01, 2007 08:59 am »

^ It's on display till November 13.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Toph Rox
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #823 on: Oct 01, 2007 09:07 am »

Thank you!
ZukondKat
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

idk when i can get out of probation!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #824 on: Oct 09, 2007 04:41 pm »

ok i finally got my avatar magazine ...

keeper of the dangers of the serpants pass
keeper of zuko redirecting lightning in season 3
GEORGiE made this sexyfine sig and avatar
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: