Jul 28, 2017 12:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 76 (35%)
9 - 38 (17.5%)
8 - 51 (23.5%)
7 - 28 (12.9%)
6 - 13 (6%)
5 - 7 (3.2%)
4 - 1 (0.5%)
3 - 1 (0.5%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 2 (0.9%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [104] The Warriors of Kyoshi  (Read 15752 times)
Fionordequester
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2011 12:48 pm »

Holy cow, that second Aang picture.....GO BACK TO THE DEPTHS OF HELL DEMON BEAST, FROM WHENCE YOU CAME!

Man, what a disaster.... Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011 01:59 pm by Fionordequester » Logged
Hawkflame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Don't cross the Melon Lord

« Reply #101 on: Sep 22, 2013 07:05 pm »

Still going through my second run-through in the series...

You know I never realized how far back Aang's feelings for Katara went.  He's SO clearly crushing on her in this episode. 

I think this is where I noticed that the show doesn't do things the usual way.  In other shows, the whole fricking episode would be about Aang getting a swelled head, Katara calls him out on it, he ignores her, and this would go on until Aang does something stupid and learns his lesson.  But no, here, they resolve that in a relatively low key and amicable way, and then they move on to the bigger issues at hand.  In the end, Aang's lesson is a much subtler one about how serious his responsibility in being the Avatar really is. 
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #102 on: Apr 02, 2016 08:34 pm »

A bit weak as far as Avatar episodes go, but it did have its moments. I actually thought the animation was good, but seeing as I'm not an expert, I could have missed some of the episode's more glaring flaws.

Aang's characterization, along with Iroh's, was a little different in the earlier episodes than I remembered. He was a lot more of a trickster and humorous. His quip about Sokka's "dress" as well as his general immaturity over trying to win Katara's was rather fun to experience again. I would like to praise the show for how well it characterized it's main cast so early on. Everyone, by this point was clearly defined. I also like how the show subjected all its character to comedic moments. I don't think it's uniqueasy by any means, but I enjoy it nonethelesss.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: