Dec 17, 2017 11:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 76 (35%)
9 - 38 (17.5%)
8 - 51 (23.5%)
7 - 28 (12.9%)
6 - 13 (6%)
5 - 7 (3.2%)
4 - 1 (0.5%)
3 - 1 (0.5%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 2 (0.9%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [104] The Warriors of Kyoshi  (Read 16015 times)
AangGang1192
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #50 on: Apr 06, 2008 11:37 pm »

This is a really great episode. Great development for Sokka, and some funny moments with Aang and the little girls. I also loved the ending with Aang and the Unagi. Seeing Zuko's face when he got wet was really funny. And I love the fluff between Aang and Katara at the end. Smiley
PseudoEthnic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2008 01:10 pm »

Ah, WOK! The beginning of Sukka! This episode was good, but one thing bugs me:

If this was supposed to be a Girl Power episode, how come when the girls were firghting Zuko, he whooped theri asses very quickly, except Sokka's? That kinda bugs me. It was cool, however, when the kyoshi warriors jumped the soldiers on the komodo rhinos. Also, the introduction of Foamy! xD

Rating-8/10
green bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I Rep 412

« Reply #52 on: Jun 27, 2008 03:19 pm »

This did a good job of scoping the avatar universe introducing kyoshi, and suki and the kyoshi warriors. The comedy was funny and had some decent action in it. Now I'm not saying that this is the best, but it is good.
gtbird24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by Flame_Fall

« Reply #53 on: Jun 27, 2008 03:23 pm »

Some of the quotes they say in this episode make me cringe now that I hear them, and I think I enjoyed it a lot more when I first saw it than now. It did give us suki though who is quickly becoming a major character. She keeps reappearing in quite a few episodes, most notibaly Sokka: "Where Is Suki"

Thank you So Much Georgie for the amazing sig!
green bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I Rep 412

« Reply #54 on: Jun 27, 2008 03:36 pm »

Yeah I kinda of agree that this isn't spectacular, but it wasn't bad. Back then when we all were younger we enjoyed a lot more, I agree with that too. But this episode did have some nice action, the Koi fish and the Unagi and Zuko, It created a little suspense, it was decent.
Violet Vespertine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #55 on: Sep 10, 2008 07:30 pm »

Not my favorite episode but still okay.  I enjoyed Sokka's little lesson.  I don't think he'll underestimate any girls or women again.  Suki and all the warriors are very cool.  The fans are an interesting part of their fighting technique.

Aang learned something important as well.  Hero worship isn't all it's cracked up to be.  I feel for the little guy.  He's got so much pressure on him.....all at 12 years of age.
Gye Byrd
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #56 on: Sep 19, 2008 02:52 pm »

Alright! Time to review them Kyoshi Warriors... and their episode.

This episode was another good one. That was adorable, watching Aang trying to impress Katara. It's always Katara, Katara, Katara, never Katara and Sokka, but just Katara. Reminds me of me when I try to impress the ladies. I try hard and they never realize I exist.

That reminds me, I wonder how much time passed between episode 103 and this one. Aang already trained Momo to fetch marbles, and he already seemed domesticated. Guess Aang has quite a way with animals.

Even when he rides the elephant-koi fish he tells only Katara to watch him. Doesn't seem to give a flying bison turd about Sokka. When she leaves the scene what does Aang do? He gets his feelings hurt. Oh well, all us guys have been there at least once. Right, guys?

That scene where Aang runs across the water away from the Unagi was great. His eyes looked all distorted, like looking through a clear screwdriver handle. He did something wrong, though. He crashed into Sokka and not Katara! He shows all this infatuation for her, but doesn't even use this great opportunity to tackle her? Could Aang be confused about his orientation? Or, maybe he was just focused on trying to get away from a giant eel. I suppose we'll never know.

That foaming mouth guy rules. I wish I could do that, get all excited, create all this foam, and then pass out. In real life I think it's called getting drunk.

I liked Iroh's reaction when Zuko found out where Aang was and took the fish away. He was all like:

Iroh: Man, I wanted some fish. I been craving fish for weeks. I get fish and he takes my fish away! I want my fish! No lightning lesson for Prince Zuko today!

Oh, that fish looked very delicious. Now I'm craving fish! I want some eel, too! Time to head to the nearest sushi bar after this review.

I have one thought about the breakfast scene where they eat those sweets. Katara looks at a piece all confused or something, then Aang tells her to take a bite out of a piece he just took a bite out of. Then, she starts to eat like a pig. Maybe she just wanted some, uhh... flavoring from Aang, maybe?

Aang's mini adventure with with those girls and Bob Ross defied all things I thought I knew about art and architecture. That bridge they ran across was arched vertically at its end points. Also, Bob Ross drew those girls and Aang with just one stroke of the brush. Well, that's how awesome he is, I guess. The way he mumbles also sounds like the real Bob Ross. Now all he needs is the huge afro.

Sokka got pwned by 'a bunch of girls.' About time, too. I didn't like his chauvinistic attitude. Glad they didn't do it by having his butt kicked by girls just for its own sake. He learns that he shouldn't judge people by their gender.

Oh, and that part where Aang catches him wearing a dress made me laugh uncontrollably. You know that won't be the last Sokka hears of that, but that won't happen for a LONG while.

Aang and Katara's little fight scene was so adorable, and the way they looked after the fight. Total remorse.

Oh boy, what mean little girls! Always expecting some great fun with the Avatar 24/7, and when he fails to deliver they toss him aside like yesterday's new dress. At least Katara showed up and they made up. I always thought girls held grudges for weeks before forgiving anybody. Now there's another reason why I like Katara.

Aang got lucky when the Unagi threw him close to shore. What would've happened if he got thrown farther out to sea? Shocked

Pshh, I'm sure we have nothing to worry about. He probably would've just entered the Avatar State and then make enough sushi rolls to end world hunger.

Too bad Katara knows waterbending. That could've made for a nice CPR scene when she got Aang out of the water. If she doesn't know CPR, then it's a good thing she knows waterbending.

That was awesome watching the Kyoshi Warriors fighting Zuko and his firebenders. That part where Aang uses those fans to blow Zuko into a house was great. That windup he did reminded me of when a breakdancer tried to teach me that move. He couldn't even do it himself and then I come along and show him how it's done. Haha, I feel so superior now!

Even in the midst of fighting, Sokka can't help but flirt with the girls. Can you believe it? He's only known Suki for a few days and she's already kissing him! Does she have no dignity? At least Katara waited for her relationship to develop.

Oh wait, never mind. I forgot about suave and sexy pretty-boy Jet.

I loved the ending. This is how I see it every time I see it.

Aang: I know, I know, that was stupid and dangerous.
Katara: Yes, it was. *runs to hug Aang*
Aang: (to himself) Oh, you smell so good!

Well, off to the sushi bar now.

I give this episode a 10.
Violet Vespertine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #57 on: Oct 22, 2008 07:17 pm »

You can really see the start of Kataang in this episode.  Aang really cares about what Katara thinks and feels.  He goes so far as to court danger just to make sure she focuses on him again.  And Katara doesn't like Aang hanging with all his admirers.

All the lttle Aangy worshippers are so cute.

Sokka in Kyoshi warrior getup is hilarious.

And yeah, Iroh wanted that fish that Zuko's going to save for later.  Sure you are, Zuko. Grin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

thank god

« Reply #58 on: Nov 16, 2008 10:07 pm »

I love the sukka. When I first saw Suki, it struck me how great her outfit is. And how she'd matter of factly state that she'd toss Aang and his friends to the unagi.

But not the kataang. :/ Unfortunately, Aang goes the whole "getting lost in his popularity so he'll learn the lesson to appreciate Katara" was such... ugh... I mean, all cartoon characters do that in one episode or two, I was hoping the writing team wouldn't use it.

Zuko kinda felt random. But in hindsight if he didn't come and burn the village, Suki wouldn't have gotten herself involved in the war, and she helped in the long run.

Also, Suki's other friends are kinda creepy. XD

Be one with Mother Russia? Y/Y/tomatoes

iKeep: Love Amongst the Dragons; Zuko's obsession with Aang; Zuko's inner fire
sukka4ever
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #59 on: Nov 17, 2008 06:10 pm »

i like the parts how from the beginning sokka and suki argue but near the end they fall in love altough later sokka falls in love with yue and then falls back in love with suki which just confuses me Huh
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2008 06:15 pm by sukka4ever » Logged
CherryRose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #60 on: Nov 17, 2008 06:32 pm »

^ eh, Yue dies and Sokka wanted a lover, there's Suki. Tongue Plus, Suki acts more attractive.
Anways, I rated this episode 8, I dunno why.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

thank god

« Reply #61 on: Nov 17, 2008 08:04 pm »

i like the parts how from the beginning sokka and suki argue but near the end they fall in love altough later sokka falls in love with yue and then falls back in love with suki which just confuses me Huh
Actually in that point of time, Sokka and Suki definitely had chemistry. They liked each other.

But it seemed that Sokka had a relationship with Yue under the premise he might not see Suki again. I mean in Avatar Day, he'd assume Suki would still be there when they visited Kyoshi Island.

Anyways, am glad Suki came when she did, really. Heart broken Sokka is depressing.

Be one with Mother Russia? Y/Y/tomatoes

iKeep: Love Amongst the Dragons; Zuko's obsession with Aang; Zuko's inner fire
Bobby Jividen
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Krune1@yahoo.com
« Reply #62 on: Jun 11, 2009 01:38 pm »

This was another really cool episode. It gave Sokka a HUGE bit of development and led up to him seeing Suki much later on, whom saved his life in the end of the series.

I am a huge Avatar fan and would love to be a voice actor for them if they ever decided to do more.
yellowstar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Proud canon shipper

« Reply #63 on: Jun 11, 2009 02:59 pm »

One of my favorite episodes just because Suki is in it. Smiley She's an awesome character and Sukka is my favorite Avatar couple. ^.^ Their relationship is adorable, even in their first episode together. Plus, Kyoshi Warriors pwn.

Sukka, Kataang, Maiko. ♥
Active
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender, only as a hobby

« Reply #64 on: Jun 12, 2009 08:30 am »

Yeah, me too. Awsome 4th episode! Without a doubt one of my favorites because Suki and Sokka Cheesy

Bending Arena

Text-based game based on the Avatar-world, made as a Facebook application.
UNDER DEVELOPMENT, PLEASE COMMENT
system4000
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dragon Dance

« Reply #65 on: Jun 13, 2009 05:59 pm »

Great episode but would have been nice if this had been a two part episode with the Kyoshi warriors. This episode was kind of quick. We meet the Kyoshi warriors, some fast action and then no more Kyoshi warriors until much later episodes.

tokka4life
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #66 on: Jun 24, 2009 07:41 pm »

An okay episode I guess. Couldnt help but call it a little iffy. Probably because it has suki in it. But that is just me.
MookieBear
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Hello, Zuko Here

« Reply #67 on: Jan 24, 2010 10:14 pm »

This episode great! Hey Sokka, nice dress!

I have mastered the elements a thousand times in a thousand lifetimes. Now I must do it once again.
melonlord5598
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #68 on: Mar 27, 2010 06:06 pm »

you are the most sexist guy i know! -Katara XD
ky0shi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #69 on: Apr 02, 2010 11:14 am »

I love this episode because obviously, I love the Kyoshi Warriors  Kiss

Tea&Advice: The key to both is proper aging.
midnighteyes
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

My eyes see the real world.

« Reply #70 on: Apr 08, 2010 10:15 am »

I absolutely LOVE this epsidoe! The kyoshi warriors are almost my favorite part about the show. Partially because I love when women show that they can take care of themselves, but also because Sokka ends up with one of them!

MidnightEyes_see everything.
Mooseboy018
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"Good morning."

« Reply #71 on: Apr 13, 2010 10:34 pm »

positives:
-character development for Sokka
-Aang realizes the consequences of sticking around in a village when he's being tracked down
-Foamy
-the Kyoshi Warriors Cool
-Sukka

negatives
-Aang being desperate for Katara's attention gets annoying
-Aang being turned into a Beatle-like celebrity being chased by girls gets old really fast
-overall it just felt pretty boring (I blame the writing)

rating: 6.5

This episode could have been better if it focused a bit more on Sokka and Suki's relationship and played down on the Aang stuff.  Some Kyoshi/Kyoshi warrior history/back story would have been cool.
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2010 10:43 pm by Mooseboy018 » Logged

my Last Airbender comics
keeper of: Koh's creepy voice, his laugh, and his three minutes of screen-time.
Flame Champion Zhuge
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Eat your own sh*t!

« Reply #72 on: Apr 15, 2010 05:48 am »

boring episode for me.
but because this is the first meet for Sokka and Suki, i give credit to it.
it sure has a little Kataang moment .. too bad i think Katara is not really responding him yet.

i rate 5

"Why am I so bad at being good?"

Iroh : "No... she's crazy. and she needs to go down"
aang_airbender_73
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Thanks to saraistarr8 for the icon!

« Reply #73 on: Apr 19, 2010 06:52 pm »

I think the warriors were way to addicted to this kyoshi chick, and they should just lay off the weird face-paint and dress things that look like seaweed.

And i also really want to jump off the top of Appa at like 300 feet into the middle of the ocean.

Siggy by my sister! Smiley
ZukoxKataraxForever
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

When life gives you lemons, make grape juice.

« Reply #74 on: Apr 19, 2010 07:07 pm »

^ But theyre SUPPOSED to dress like that. Thats's the Kyoshi Warrior uniform. You sound like you dont even like the show. Gosh, it's like you're not even my little brother anymore! Tongue
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2010 08:12 pm by ZukoxKataraxForever » Logged

"The Fire Nation took my mother away from me!"
"I'm sorry. That's something we both have in common."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: