Nov 25, 2014 08:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How did the past avatars die? Ever wonder?  (Read 2463 times)
dude ummm
On Probation
Scariest Kite Ever

« on: Aug 08, 2007 11:24 am »

Huh
in my other thread someone mentioned that the fire nation have short life spans, and etc. but anyhoo my main question is how did avatar Roku die? Avatar kyoshi? Avatar yeng chen? or avatar kurkuk? i mean they never mention how the avatar dies, someone said they must have been killed.

also what of the kids of the past avatars?

Most likely the past avatars where married so wouldnt they have kids: (imagine aang having past kids or he meets one of his past lives kids')

my main mystery is avatar kuruk he's a mystery because he didn't really die. he went to the spirit world in search of his wife.

so my new set of questions: How did the avatar cycle continue if he didn't die?
Why is it so hard for him to find Koh?
Where is umi's body?

hopefully you guys have the answers, but yeah there are so many unexplained questions!!

Same as How did other Avatars die?; continue there. -Forau
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008 05:37 am by Forau » Logged
Anubis
Scariest Kite Ever

We'll meet again

« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2007 04:51 am »

Maybe Kuruk´s journey to the spirit world is a one-way trip.
This would be pretty much the same as dying. When an avatar dies, he goes to the spirit world and remains there forever. That´s basically what happened to Kuruk.

Why is it so hard for him to find Koh?
Well, the spirit world is not like earth. I think about it as a place similar to heaven. There are billions of spirits in this world (spirit of plants, of leaves, of trees, of forests, of landscapes, of lakes, rivers, water etc.) so it must be incredibly big.
And because it´s a spiritual place (obviously) it mustn't be bound to something like a real universe. That would mean that the size of the spirit world is not limited by the size of a planet.

Where is umi's body?
Good question, if they didn´t show the mandrill in front of the cave, I would have said, Koh swallows his victims or turn them into spirits and makes them a part of himself. But the mandrill ran around freely and because he has no mouth, maybe he will starve... like Ummi??

BTW, I LOVE the idea of Aang meeting kids of his past lifes. That would be so awesome

'Love means exposing yourself to the pain of being hurt, deeply hurt by someone you trust.'

Keeper of "Aang's burp", "The Earth Kingdom battle tanks" and "The Fire Nation battle tanks".
ChibiChibiBear
Scariest Kite Ever

You gotta deal with it.

« Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 2007 08:42 am »

I believe Roku got murdered(and I say believe because that's what I think) it's the only logical explanation for him.

And Kyoshi probably just died one day of old age. She was 230 or something close to that, right?

And I don't think we know enough about Yangchen. I'd say she just died of old age too.;

Keeper of: Zuko's hatred of peasant life, Jet and Zuko's teamwork, Jet's obsession with Zuko, and the ship of Jetko!
Master of: Broadswords, hookswords, and
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Scariest Kite Ever

Av & Sig by tokkatokkatokka

« Reply #3 on: Aug 12, 2007 08:51 am »

I always thought that the past Avatars died a natural death like normal people. There were thousands of statues in the Southern Air Temple so I guess each one lived long enough to master the elements and fulfill their destiny and when the time came for the Avatar to be passed onto the next Nation in the cycle, they just... expired.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings; Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit
Ouroboros
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #4 on: Aug 12, 2007 08:52 am »

I've always liked the idea that most Avatars died in the course of their duty or something similar.

Sig by Georgie.
dude ummm
On Probation
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #5 on: Aug 14, 2007 10:45 am »

hmmm. i don't really understand about how they die, but it must suck to be an avatar.... er maybe not... but about kuruk and Koh, i wonder what he did to have Koh steal Umi. If Koh and Kuruk met up could kuruk get his wife back in one piece? but i'd bet the battle between the two would be epic!!!! imagine kuruk fighting A umi faced koh?!
diet otaku
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #6 on: Aug 14, 2007 10:47 am »

fire nation folks live just as long as anyone else in the avatar world - sozin was about 100 years old when he died, azulon was in his mid-90s. roku was only 48 when he died, making it pretty obvious that foul play was involved. the rest of them i can only assume died of old age, except maybe kuruk. i'm not sure what to think of him.

if you drew this, tell me so i can credit you! everything else by orepookpook

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOBADGERTOAD
Ouroboros
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #7 on: Aug 14, 2007 10:48 am »

48, yet he already looked in his mid-sixties/seventies....

Sig by Georgie.
dude ummm
On Probation
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #8 on: Aug 14, 2007 10:56 am »

roku was only 48 when he died, making it pretty obvious that foul play was involved. the rest of them i can only assume died of old age, except maybe kuruk. i'm not sure what to think of him.
hmmm do you think we will find out in book 3? i wonder if the same thing will happen to Aang? also i always wondered, do you think avatars could have kids. i mean that would be weird if aang had past life kid's and great, great grandchildren.
Polychrome
Scariest Kite Ever

Silly Vilgax... Omnitrix are for kids!

policromasol@hotmail.com Policroma+Sol Polychrome2
« Reply #9 on: Aug 14, 2007 11:52 am »

Probably a variety of things. Most probably died of old age. Some were probably killed in battle. One or two probably tripped over a rock and fell into a pit of lava or something...
diet otaku
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #10 on: Aug 14, 2007 12:05 pm »

48, yet he already looked in his mid-sixties/seventies....
i guess dealing with sozin ages a person... :/

if you drew this, tell me so i can credit you! everything else by orepookpook

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOBADGERTOAD
Ouroboros
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #11 on: Aug 14, 2007 12:21 pm »

Well I know for a fact Yangchen died from lung cancer cause she was smokin'!

Sig by Georgie.
bico
Scariest Kite Ever

The Devil Within

bicokun bico_kun
« Reply #12 on: Aug 14, 2007 02:44 pm »

This would be pretty much the same as dying. When an avatar dies, he goes to the spirit world and remains there forever. That´s basically what happened to Kuruk.

My perception of it was that Kuruk probably died either fighting or looking for Koh and then once the Avatar spirit was fragmented into its separate identities, the Kuruk personality took up the search once again.  I could be wrong, but like I said that was my first thought on it when I saw the comic.
phxdown
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #13 on: Aug 14, 2007 03:11 pm »

Kuruk never found Koh and the avatar face that koh has was a different avatar.

My perception of it was that Kuruk probably died either fighting or looking for Koh and then once the Avatar spirit was fragmented into its separate identities, the Kuruk personality took up the search once again.  I could be wrong, but like I said that was my first thought on it when I saw the comic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: