Nov 22, 2019 06:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [201] The Avatar State  (Read 31337 times)
Taku
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #50 on: Oct 11, 2006 08:36 pm »

It's interesting that in the very first episode of the second season, they give one of the few direct references to a timeline. Iroh says it's the third anniversary of Zuko's banishment. Early in the third episode of the first season Zhao says "Two years at sea haven't improved your temper," or something like that. So I guess we can assume the events of the first season took almost exactly one year to play out. Also, while getting his massage, Iroh comments that they were three weeks at sea on the raft. That's pretty rare they give such exact time lasped between episodes. The only other one I can think of is eps. 12 and 13, where we're told it's just a few days from the end of "The Storm" to the beginning of "The Blue Devil". Just enough time for Sokka to develop his cold.

You can tell you're obsessing over a show when you start calculating time lines and the history of the Avatar world. 
omgasp
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

av by alpha

« Reply #51 on: Oct 11, 2006 09:32 pm »

It's interesting that in the very first episode of the second season, they give one of the few direct references to a timeline. Iroh says it's the third anniversary of Zuko's banishment. Early in the third episode of the first season Zhao says "Two years at sea haven't improved your temper," or something like that. So I guess we can assume the events of the first season took almost exactly one year to play out. Also, while getting his massage, Iroh comments that they were three weeks at sea on the raft. That's pretty rare they give such exact time lasped between episodes. The only other one I can think of is eps. 12 and 13, where we're told it's just a few days from the end of "The Storm" to the beginning of "The Blue Devil". Just enough time for Sokka to develop his cold.

You can tell you're obsessing over a show when you start calculating time lines and the history of the Avatar world. 

LOL! We have a timeline somewhere on ASN.

ampulator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #52 on: Oct 13, 2006 02:38 am »

Grey DeLisle is pretty good voice actor. Other than Avatar,she Mandy of "Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy", the Handmaiden for "Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords", Frankie of "Madame Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends", Sam of "Danny Phantom", and Kimiko of "Xiaolin Showdown".

She's quite good. They picked a great choice for Azula.

Proud Anti-Shipper - More Story Less Soap Opera!
Mikesta
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

plazamikie@hotmail.com
« Reply #53 on: Oct 29, 2006 10:38 pm »

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!

everything in this epsidode was great...the fire nation guy is an irdiot for saying Iroh and Zuko were prisoners

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!
cloudmonet
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Professional cartoon romantic.

« Reply #54 on: Oct 30, 2006 01:35 pm »

The sad thing about the whole earthbending season so far (to Ba Sing Se), is that General Fong seems like the one Earth Kingdom military leader who'd really be interested and able to exploit the effects of the solar eclipse on the Fire Nation, but because of this episode's events, he's one general Aang would never want to see again.

Arashi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #55 on: Oct 30, 2006 04:12 pm »

I had never watched Avatar beofre this episode. I watched it at a friends house, and I was hooked. That's how good it is. It can turn someone who's never seen the show beofe into a total Avatard.

fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #56 on: Mar 13, 2007 04:31 pm »

I don't know about you guys, but I found the Zuko storyline more interest than the Aang storyline. I guess because it involved Azula.

We learn more about the Avatar state. Cool but I want to talk about Zuko and Azula, was my attitude.

At the end of Book 1 I was disappointed they killed off a great villain Admerial Zhao. I knew the dark haired girl that Fire Lord was talking to, was going to be the new villain in Book 2, and she was Zhao's replacements. I thought she will not be as good as Zhao.

I was right, she is much better. Azula is cold as ice, and pure evil, I love that about her. Though the ship captin is an idiot, my thought when he said "We're taking the prisinor's home", was I hate to be you. What an idiot. LOL

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
coolcamz18
Can't Use Avatars
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2007 09:46 am »

Zuko: (dejectedly) Three years ago today I was banished. I lost it all. (He looks up suddenly.)  I want it back. I want the Avatar, I want my honor, I want my throne. I want my father not to think I'm worthless.

Iroh: (with exaggerated optimism) I'm sure he doesn't! Why would he banish you if he didn't care?

(Zuko gets up and walks away. Cut to Iroh's surprised face with the attendants in the background.)

Iroh: (negatively to himself) Erg� that came out wrong, didn't it?

this was funny way to go uncle iroh!!!

his rare chi-enhancing tea is a natural stimulant. In an ordinary warrior it improves strength and energy ten-fold. In you, it may induce the Avatar state. (The teacher pours the team into a cup in front of Aang, who is sitting at the small table across from him and next to Fong. Sokka and Katara sit side-by-side a few feet behind Aang.)

Aang: Ten-fold energy, huh? (slurps; twitch, twitch, twitch)

(Aang begins to race around the small structure on his air ball while the others remain motionless.)

Aang: (speaking in a fast, high-pitched, hyper voice while zipping everywhere on his air-scooter) Is it working, is it working? I can't tell! Somebody tell me if I'm in the Avatar state �cause I don't have a good view of myself! Am I talking too loud?

Sokka: (Looking bored.) I guess he could talk the Fire Lord to death.

this lines cracks me up!!!
and good twist of the avatar state the directors makes us more excited about it

and azula is so evil

Guess who's back?! Wink
well only for a little while.. :'(
I just miss my friends Grin
dragonofthewest
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2007 01:50 pm »

Well Another thing that doesn't make sense to me is that out of all the avatars, which has to be at least over 200 past avatars, can they honestly expect me to believe that not one of the past avatars has not died in the avatar state, that there wasn't at least one battle that was so instense for the avatar that he or she wouldn't have died while in the avatar state?

I think this question has a lot of weight, actually.  There in fact have been far more than 200 past Avatars: there have been at least a thousand, unless Roku is overly given to poetic exaggeration.  It does rather strain one's credulity, not to mention the law of averages, to accept that not one Avatar was ever killed in the Avatar State, in all those hundreds of thousands of years.

But it's canon, of course, so - that's how it is!

The proud keeper of: Cabbage Man's despair, Bosco's animal instincts, and Katara's kleptomania
Cloudfairy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2007 10:52 pm »

Geez when Aang got zapped by lightning i thought he was gone and that the series was gonna horribly end but then I thought that if it ended like that then it would be really......"silly" I was glad that he was okay but hopefully he will get better at fighting.
Gorb
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Intrawebs is win!

« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2007 08:17 am »

Wait, wrong episode Cloudfairy?

Anyhow, I love this episode. First one of the second series, and what a way to start.

Quote from: cloudmonet
The sad thing about the whole earthbending season so far (to Ba Sing Se), is that General Fong seems like the one Earth Kingdom military leader who'd really be interested and able to exploit the effects of the solar eclipse on the Fire Nation, but because of this episode's events, he's one general Aang would never want to see again.

Not to mention that Sokka bashed Fong on the head. That was a funny moment. Wouldn't do much for Fong's temperament though.

Aang with hair DOES NOT MATTER. Looks good, looks bad, whatever.

He is still the Avatar, with awesome Bending skillz!
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I cant wait for friday

« Reply #61 on: Jun 24, 2007 08:00 pm »

anyone think that Azula looks bad in this episode and in return to omashu? by bad i mean her face

Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #62 on: Jun 25, 2007 11:39 am »

I enjoyed this episode. While it was not my favorite episode, it was fairly likeable.
It was a nice way to start off the new season. A general forcing Aang to bring out a power that he cannot control. The scenes of Aang in the Avatar state were saddening for me. I hate to see him go through all of that, then feel guilty afterwards. The general was way out of line. He didn't need to sink Katara into the ground.
Zuko's story was interesting as well. It was also great to introduce a new enemy for Aang for the second season. While Azula was drawn a little uglier here (thank god she looks a lot better in the Crossroads of Destiny) she was a display of great power. I like the fight between her and Zuko.
It was interesting to see Aang and Zuko have parallel stories once more. When it switches back and forth between fighting, you see the similarities.
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« Reply #63 on: Jul 07, 2007 09:46 pm »

962 DVD screenshots have just been posted for this episode on the mainsite. I'd forgotten how cool the fight between Azula and Zuko was on the ship, and I just love seeing Iroh in action.
Shizuma
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Kataang + Maiko = OT4

« Reply #64 on: Jul 09, 2007 03:55 am »

Sweet! The season two DVD screenshots have begun! ^_^ I can't wait to see what new Diet Otaku avvies come out of this batch.

And, on topic, I agree about the Zuko/Azula fight-- it was awesome...

...But I liked Aang's fight better. Smiley

Kumani
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Never forget who you are.

« Reply #65 on: Aug 06, 2007 09:45 pm »

very cool episode to start the season with, we learn more about the avatar state which is VERY important, and how aang tries to get into it, i hated that stupid guy for trying to kill katara!! GRRR
lol....oh god, and i hated when they fought azula (she finally appeared) and then they were like never to return so they cut their hair, oh well, zuko looks better like that Smiley

They’re gonna rip up your heads and your aspirations to shreds, another cog in the murder machine
Katara The WaterBender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avatar and Signature by Katarathewaterbender

« Reply #66 on: Aug 20, 2007 09:40 pm »

This was the first episode I ever watched and after it, I was adicted. My bro was watching it and I came in about the time Zuko fell into the trap. I was staring wide-eyed and mouth opened through the whole thing!

atla1--My best friend's Avatar site
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #67 on: Aug 21, 2007 01:33 pm »

This episode is a cool way to start Book 2 on Avatar The Last Airbender. I thought the battle of Zuko and Azula was pretty cool, brother vs. sister.
Katara The WaterBender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #68 on: Aug 21, 2007 04:12 pm »

Oh yes. The brother vs. sister thing has always fasinated me. Probably because I have two brothers and I tend to envision me fighting them. I'd win. I'd give them one little pouting face tand they'd give in right then and there.

MaikoRULES
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

flameo sir, flam...e...o

« Reply #69 on: Oct 13, 2007 08:38 pm »

that general was craaaaaazzzzzeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Ship Maiko + Kataang + Sukka + Foamzula + Smellershot!!!  Long Live Suki

"The White Lotus opens wide to those who know her secrets."

"Who knocks at the guarded gate?"
"One who has eaten the fruit and tasted its mysteries."
PsyGuy 2nd
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #70 on: Oct 14, 2007 05:30 pm »

I cant believe no one has already asked this but;

What did it say on Zuko's knife?
netty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #71 on: Oct 14, 2007 05:33 pm »

I'm not sure, I do not remember well but wasn't it:

Never give up?

Wise words from Annette Funicello-Keeper of Sokka's Meteoric Sword
Katara The WaterBender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #72 on: Oct 14, 2007 06:14 pm »

Never give up without a fight is what the knife said.

netty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #73 on: Oct 14, 2007 06:36 pm »

Yeah, that's right, good memory there.

Wise words from Annette Funicello-Keeper of Sokka's Meteoric Sword
PsyGuy 2nd
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #74 on: Oct 14, 2007 07:30 pm »

cool, thanks ^___^
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print