Oct 16, 2019 04:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: According to Comic Con 2006- SPOILERS  (Read 5964 times)
AzN_dT_StrEeT
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

victhedude07@hotmail.com AznDownTheStreet
« Reply #25 on: Jul 28, 2006 01:02 am »

Right now it seems as if Zuko is just trying to survive but I wouldn't be surprised if he ever saw that he had a chance to get Aang, he'd go for it.
MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #26 on: Jul 28, 2006 04:20 am »

no he is still might be after the avatar he wants his honor back
He can't get his honor back.  Ozai does not want him back.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population
someone198
« Reply #27 on: Jul 28, 2006 07:21 am »

Yeah, but everyone understands that EXCEPT Zuko.
Om
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: Jul 28, 2006 08:27 am »

Well trying to kill your sister who also happens to be your father's favourate isn't going to help things along.

Elemental Harmony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Avatar maintains balance

« Reply #29 on: Jul 29, 2006 11:16 pm »

...The crack pairings brought me great joy. I have but one issue.

Where was the Moappa? Appa/Momo is my OTP. Better recognize!

That's pronounced Soo-ka buy the way. Cheesy

Avi by Diet Otaku = So. Much. Love.

I have gone to find myself. If I show up while I'm gone, keep me here until I get back.

366 Ripples: An activist movement in the making.
http://366ripples.blogspot.com
MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #30 on: Jul 30, 2006 08:31 am »

Yeah, but everyone understands that EXCEPT Zuko.
He does now.  He hasn't once mentioned trying to get his honor back since the events of Avatar Day.  I think he finally realises that he can't get it back.

omgasp
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

av by alpha

« Reply #31 on: Jul 30, 2006 09:21 am »

I loved watching what Jack DeSena and Dante Basco had to say about their characters, when he called Sokka "stoned off on cactus juice" and said he felt like Luke Skywalker in that memorable scene in The Storm.

I was just going to say that. Oh gosh I love Dante Basco's voice.

Elemental Harmony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Avatar maintains balance

« Reply #32 on: Jul 30, 2006 07:08 pm »

Ditto. I love listening to him talk.

Avi by Diet Otaku = So. Much. Love.

I have gone to find myself. If I show up while I'm gone, keep me here until I get back.

366 Ripples: An activist movement in the making.
http://366ripples.blogspot.com
Quadgurl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Zutarian queen at your service-o

« Reply #33 on: Jul 30, 2006 08:37 pm »

Oh no. Oh no no no no no! What if that mystery date is Mai? Oh no...

Sokaang + Zutara = My Avatar ships Grin
Join the zutarian-empire today! http://zutarian-empire.deviantart.com
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Jul 30, 2006 08:39 pm »

I don't think it's Mai...just from looking at the "mystery" picture. Mai has black shiny hair. Besides, shouldn't she be helping "the bad seed" (Azula) regroup?

Rosefire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

erosegem
« Reply #35 on: Jul 30, 2006 10:15 pm »

I loved watching what Jack DeSena and Dante Basco had to say about their characters, when he called Sokka "stoned off on cactus juice" and said he felt like Luke Skywalker in that memorable scene in The Storm.

Oh yeah, the whole "reverse Luke/Darth characters" scenario sounded so awesome. What I found wild is that Mark Hamill voices Lord Ozai because he's already had a big rep doing voices for other great animated villians. At the top of the list is his top notch performance as the Joker from "Batman: the Animated Series". I'd also like to point out to any Miyazaki fans that Mark also voiced General Mouska from "Castle in the Sky". Hope we get to see and hear more of Mark as we get closer into season three.

As for Zuko's intentions, I think they've shifted from capturing Aang to facing his sister without being sizzled with her lightning bolts. After all, his uncle did mention, "She has to go down". But knowing our favorite Fire Prince's personal anguish, he's still got some inner demons to wrestle with before he can fight against Azula. Perhaps in the triumph over such a conflict, he'll also realize he can't win back his father's respect either and must fight to claim the throne.

"And in other news, there's too much violins on TV." -Gilda Radner
doini
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Aug 03, 2006 08:13 pm »

aww mann  Embarrassed ...you noe wen they were doing the "shipping" and there were hardly any "WOOHOO!!!"s and few "boo"s from the crowd wen it came to MaixZuko, it really gave me a heart ache  :'(! It should be Maiko all the wayyyy!!! Fine, fine. Zuko can go on dates, but i dunwan no Zutara! I noe the scene where he showed off that he had her necklace was...exciting...but katara and aang are too obviously destined...it would really suck to give Zuko ANOTHER hardship! Geez, i hope the reactions at the comic con dont influence the avatar THAT much... :'( :'(

Mononoke
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: Aug 03, 2006 08:53 pm »

Avatar CD?Huh? Yeah, I need that BADLY.

Remember, remember, the 5th of November
    The Gunpowder Treason and plot;
    I know of no reason why Gunpowder Treason
    Should ever be forgot.
Extraordinary Lauren
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: Aug 03, 2006 10:30 pm »

The shippings are hilarious. And I didn't know that was Katara and Toph i the formal wear! They look totally different. I love how Katara looks. Very Pretty.

Keeper of Iroh's Jasmine Tea, Iroh's Tea Recipes, and The Eastern Air Temple.
Rawles
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

sorry. i'm fresh out of the ability to care.

SheWhoHathAPen
« Reply #39 on: Aug 04, 2006 09:08 am »

He hasn't once mentioned trying to get his honor back since the events of Avatar Day.  I think he finally realises that he can't get it back.

Except for where the entire point of Zuko Alone was him reaffirming his identity as the prince of the Fire Nation and heir to the throne, and the fact that he was still trying to capture Aang in The Chase, and only articulated another goal (taking down Azula) in Bitter Work because of what Azula did to Iroh.

I never understand why everyone's always so quick to want to say, ZUKO HAS GIVEN UP ON RECLAIMING HIS HONOR. His quest to reclaim said honor and to get his father's approval are central parts of his character.

I'm pretty sure his decision to finally let go of that and thus shift his entire character arc won't be something that happens off-screen. Neither will it be something that is at all ambiguous. I can guarantee you, when Zuko gives up on wanting to capture Aang and restore his honor, we'll know without question.
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2006 09:11 am by Rawles » Logged

LATEST FIC (10/5/07): Something Like It (G. Mai, Azula.)
Spilled in Beside Her (PG-13. Mai, Zuko.)
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Aug 08, 2006 11:57 pm »

I think that this "party" the king is throwing will be catered...therefore it will need "waiters" & that is where Zuko comes in. To serve the guests at this party. That is why he has new clothes, & the girl is just a co-worker at the party.

But I also had a thought that this mystery girl is a relative of the king of Ba Sin Se that wanted to see the "common life"...then meets Zuko at the tea house & invites him to the party.

I hope Zuko goes to the same party as the gAang...I would love to see his expression when he comes face to face with them.
 Cheesy

I hope the clothes the gAang wear are just for the party,too. Which is most likely cause I dont think Aang, Katara, and Toph will do bending in those clothes.
MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #41 on: Aug 09, 2006 09:46 pm »

He hasn't once mentioned trying to get his honor back since the events of Avatar Day.  I think he finally realises that he can't get it back.

Except for where the entire point of Zuko Alone was him reaffirming his identity as the prince of the Fire Nation and heir to the throne, and the fact that he was still trying to capture Aang in The Chase, and only articulated another goal (taking down Azula) in Bitter Work because of what Azula did to Iroh.

I never understand why everyone's always so quick to want to say, ZUKO HAS GIVEN UP ON RECLAIMING HIS HONOR. His quest to reclaim said honor and to get his father's approval are central parts of his character.

I'm pretty sure his decision to finally let go of that and thus shift his entire character arc won't be something that happens off-screen. Neither will it be something that is at all ambiguous. I can guarantee you, when Zuko gives up on wanting to capture Aang and restore his honor, we'll know without question.
Just how is he going to secret Aang away from the Earth Kingdom's greatest stronghold?  Do you really think the Earth Kingdom is going to allow Zuko to get away with what would potentially be their greatest weapon?  If Zuko tries to capture Aang while in Ba Sing Se (which will be the only time he'll have an opportunity to do so), he dies.  At some point he will realise it is pointless to try if he hasn't already.

There is another thing you should note.  The only time he had an opportunity to take Aang was during The Chase.  Now while he certainly made the claim that Aang was his, he didn't even make a token effort of capturing Aang.  His sole focus during that three way fight between Aang, Azula, and Zuko was his sister.  He spent all his time attacking his sister instead of trying to snag Aang.  Had their fight occured in season one he would have focused on Aang while fighting Azula off.

I do concede your point that such a shift in focus should most likely occur on-screen.  What I think is that his purpose has gradually shifted.  Even during Zuko Alone, he made no claim in wanting the Avatar.  During the events of Bitter Work he was focused on learning techniques to fight his sister.  During the events of The Desert he and Uncle Iroh were focused on finding safe harbor. 

I do not expect Zuko to go after the Avatar again.  He has a far more important goal to focus on now.  He will want to pay Azula back for hurting Iroh.  Aang has fallen down on his list of priorities.  He simply cannot get Aang with Azula in the picture and he knows it.  In order to be able to win back his honor he'll need to unambigiously defeat his sister first.  Then, and only then would he have a chance to take the Avatar.  He would need to make Azula look a failure in their father's eyes before he has an opportunity to win back his honor.
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2006 12:11 am by MonCapitan » Logged

ahmadz2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Rasengan

ahmadpittman@hotmail.com ahmadz2 dbzahmablue
« Reply #42 on: Aug 09, 2006 09:58 pm »

Just how is he going to secret Aang away from the Earth Kingdom's greatest stronghold?  Do you really think the Earth Kingdom is going to allow Zuko to get away with what would potentially be their greatest weapon?  If Zuko tries to capture Aang while in Ba Sing Se (which will be the only time he'll have an opportunity to do so), he dies.  At some point he will realise it is pointless to try if he hasn't already.

There is another thing you should note.  The only time he had an opportunity to take Aang was during The Chase.  Now while he certainly made the claim that Aang was his, he didn't even make a token effort of capturing Aang.  His sole focus during that three way fight between Aang, Azula, and Zuko was his sister.  He spent all his time attacking his sister instead of trying to snag Aang.  Had their fight occured in season one he would have focused on Aang while fighting Azula off.

I do concede your point that such a shift in focus should most likely occur on-screen.  What I think is that his purpose has gradually shifted.  Even during Zuko Alone, he made no claim in wanting the Avatar.  During the events of [/]Bitter Work[/i] he was focused on learning techniques to fight his sister.  During the events of The Desert he and Uncle Iroh were focused on finding safe harbor. 

I do not expect Zuko to go after the Avatar again.  He has a far more important goal to focus on now.  He will want to pay Azula back for hurting Iroh.  Aang has fallen down on his list of priorities.  He simply cannot get Aang with Azula in the picture and he knows it.  In order to be able to win back his honor he'll need to unambigiously defeat his sister first.  Then, and only then would he have a chance to take the Avatar.  He would need to make Azula look a failure in their father's eyes before he has an opportunity to win back his honor.
That's a little something I was going to say at first I only thought you were talking about zuko not wanting to caputre the avatar bacause he hasn't made no attempts in season 2 but he needs to take down azula first.

peppertree
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Orange-kun

akatsuki.evil@hotmail.com
« Reply #43 on: Aug 12, 2006 05:15 pm »

This is not really a spoiler, but is Bryan Azula?

Left handed lightning bending.

Whoever made my icons is creative & brilliant.
Jeremiah Gottwald got baked by Kallen... Baked orange...

Visit my Deviantart!! link
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: