Nov 15, 2019 02:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My very first post (Im so ashamed )  (Read 1688 times)
ryanmaster
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Jul 25, 2006 10:25 pm »

Awsome site!! I was searching for an Avatar forum, and here it is! I am currently doing an Avatar fanfiction comic. Its posted on my site. Tell me if you guys like it or not. Its the first part in a series that Im doing. Suggestions, comments... Im open.

http://illmarx.com/ go to the comics section, and then "Avatar fanfiction"

Ride the spiral

Karalora
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2006 10:44 pm »

Your drawing style will definitely take some getting used to, which probably says more about me as a viewer than about you as an artist. The main recommendation I would make is to enlarge the font in the word balloons, or pick one that's easier to read in a small size.

Why yes, as a matter of fact, I do write fanfiction.
ryanmaster
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 2006 10:51 pm »

Thanks for the criticism. Yeah, the guy who moderates my site posted it wierd, so its one long page instead of five normal pages, which makes it hard to read. Its normal 8 pt and 9 pt font. I'll try to change it. Thanks though.

Ride the spiral

dinglehopper
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

STEALTH MODE

« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2006 11:59 pm »

Ha ha, dude this stuff is awesome! Your styles refreshing and different, and your comic is put together great, composition wise as well as having dynamic interesting panels. I'd have to agree with Karalora on the font size though, its a bit difficult to read but other than that good stuff man. Can't wait to see the rest of it.

(edit) Ah just caught a small typo, third panel you have "those" spelled "thoes". Not that big of a deal but figured I'd point it out
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2006 12:06 am by dinglehopper » Logged

ryanmaster
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Jul 26, 2006 02:49 pm »

Thanks! Im glad you like my style. Im trying to learn how to draw Aang better. He looks a little older then he should

Ride the spiral

Isaia
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Jul 29, 2006 07:31 pm »

I must say that I really dig your style! XD Rock on!
omgasp
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

av by alpha

« Reply #6 on: Jul 31, 2006 07:59 am »

Your drawing style is great. You're right about Aang looking older than he's supposed to be.. Maybe if you made his head rounder? Also, maybe it's just me, but you should draw Katara's nose different from the other boys.. just 'cause she's a girl. It's just my preference though--it's fine the way it is.

ryanmaster
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Jul 31, 2006 02:47 pm »

Thanks everyone! Yeah, Ive been practicing the style of the show, refrencing screen shots and everything. Thanks for you suggestions!! The style of the next one will probably resemble what youve seen in the show a little. Hopefuly people wont be frightened by the change. Smiley

Ride the spiral

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: