Oct 17, 2017 09:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Firebender Graphics * * literally the best Avatar graphics  (Read 72560 times)
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #675 on: Jun 26, 2010 09:29 pm »

Opps. It isn't The Boulder? Oh yeah. My mistake. Random minor characters with no dialogue needs love.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
puddlesandmistakes
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #676 on: Jun 27, 2010 12:29 am »

O_O

Wow, I love that wallpaper! Everything is blended so well, and it actually made Katara's face on the right look good [I dun like that picture of her Tongue].

Btw, I wasn't really saying I don't like how you echoed Mai's pictures, I just didn't like the Mai picture itself...like the quality of it? Or maybe the contrast on it was too much for me... Actually, I don't really remember my exact problem with it anymore. XD

Anyway, keep it up. Cheesy
Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #677 on: Jun 27, 2010 11:12 am »

I love the TLA wallpaper.. how did you work with the posters, I find it so difficult to work with something that's been edited so much already. I love how Katara's hair at the top right smoothly blends into the grungy-looking background.

Was the red text there already, or did you place that there? That was the only minor drawback to this piece.
Ivy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #678 on: Jun 28, 2010 03:38 pm »

Amazing, amazing wallpaper. Smiley It's one of the best I've seen from you yet, or it's definitely up there!

Just in time for the movie! Wink

We don't gamble, we don't do the stock exchange. We paint paintings and we write scenes for the stage.
PonDeReplay
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #679 on: Jul 13, 2010 03:49 pm »

http://breakthrough-designs.com/wallsjuly10/assassin%201440x1080.jpg

http://breakthrough-designs.com/wallsjuly10/azula%201440x1080.jpg

CherryRose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #680 on: Jul 13, 2010 03:53 pm »

The first sig is very nice.
And I saw the Azula one on dA, really love the brushes behind her.
However the Yue one is most impressive! Smiley I like it the best, how you used the ships text, and black space underneath. And even though they're cartoons you made it work perfectly.
<3
Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #681 on: Jul 13, 2010 04:06 pm »

Woah, it seems as if you've been experimenting with a new style, something I never imagined to expect from you. You seemed so comfy and secure within the style you had been using for the past two years or so, that experimenting didn't seems necessary.

Nonetheless, you are still rocking what you have to offer us today. Grin I love the simplicity of the Zhao sig. The texture isn't as distracting as I initally thought it was. I love the way you arranged the text, it really connects with the image better than I thought.

I like the second sig as well, though it seems a lot simpler than most of your other stuff. Then again, I'm not the one to judge that, because I have no idea what effects you may or may not have used.

I'm digging the third sig. Simply astounding, and I like the composition of it. If you don't mind me asking, what font did you use for the words "your love"? I like that lighting on Ozai's face as well.

HOLY. COW.

I love the Yue wallpaper. The only drawback is the word "Assassin," which I almost thought would be impossible to read. I love the way the text seems to glow, that's something you do really well. The faded words in the background are an excellent touch. I love the blending, as always, you know what should stand out and what should grab less attention.

The Azula wallpaper is quite simplistic, and it feels as if it's lacking a proper lighting source, but I love the way you arranged the brush effects, and the way you placed her name in the background.. she seems to stand out.

Keep it all up!

Edit: P.S.- I hope you don't mind, but I put the Yue wallpaper as my desktop background. It looks amazing.
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2010 08:54 am by Tongone » Logged
puddlesandmistakes
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #682 on: Jul 13, 2010 05:02 pm »

I love your signatures! My favorite is the Ozai one. Smiley Only thing I don't like about it is the block/border thing on left of it.
And I also really love the Yue wallpaper. Great job. ^^
Ivy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #683 on: Jul 14, 2010 09:20 pm »

Awesome, awesome job! (Is that all I ever say on here? Tongue ) But honestly, 'tis amazing! I love love love the 2nd sig with Aang, I'll love to see more movie stuff! And the Azula wallpaper is pure win. It really is lovely and menacing all at once!

As always (cause I always do say this!), awesome job (I already said that Tongue ), and keep up the amazing work! Grin

We don't gamble, we don't do the stock exchange. We paint paintings and we write scenes for the stage.
PonDeReplay
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #684 on: Jul 15, 2010 08:38 pm »

Thanks for the feedback guys!

@Tongone: Yup, Pon's been experimenting for once and trying a new style. I have been trying to integrate vector art into my style but to no avail I'm still far from what I want. The Zhao sig was sprung from the Maroon 5 song "Misery". As for the Ozai sig, the font is called 'Henry Morgan Hand', I sometimes forget that I have font but I must say it is quite a lovely font. And as also, I love your feedback, you're a sweetheart!

New sigs:

Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #685 on: Jul 16, 2010 06:45 pm »

I love the grungy feel to the first one, and the placement of the red. I also like the little strip of the background that seems to be missing from the right, because tiny little details like that help make each piece different from the next.

It does seem like you're going simpler, the second sig demonstrates it. I like the lighting, it really lets me know where to stare first. I personally feel like the text stands out a bit too much, but others may disagree. Repeating the text in the background is also a nice touch.

The screencap for the third sig ruined it for me, because I happen to dislike that particular frame (I've gone through screencaps for that fight, so I do have preferred frames from their battle.. don't ask Roll Eyes ). That aside, the little retro background around Ty Lee makes it looks like the background is more than just a window of space. It kinda reminds me of when one looks to the sky, and you just see endless blue. The circles on the right balance out well with the lines on the left. The color isn't one I'd choose, but that's personal preference, not practical advice. Grin
Ivy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #686 on: Aug 13, 2010 05:34 pm »

I like the first one, but the last sigs' color is kind of off to me. But still good, nevertheless.
I always enjoy your work, you are definitely talented! Smiley

PonDeReplay
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #687 on: Nov 24, 2010 10:51 pm »

This is what happens when senior year, college apps, boyfriend, Calculus take up all your time- you disappear for a while. Enjoy the new graphics and Happy Thanksgiving!

http://breakthrough-designs.com/wallssep10/only%20the%20young%201280x960.jpg

http://breakthrough-designs.com/wallssep10/imperialism%201280x960.jpg

http://breakthrough-designs.com/wallsnov10/early%20winter.jpg

AvaGirl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #688 on: Nov 25, 2010 11:41 am »

All of the new wallpapers are beautiful, but I particularly love the first one... I like how Zuko is highlighted as the focus, but I like even more, perhaps, the background image... with all of the men looking off the ship. It looks neat. Smiley

Keeper of Sokka & Yue's love.
Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #689 on: Nov 25, 2010 11:57 am »

I'm not in high school anymore, but you're living my exact same life that I did a year ago. Seeing as I also had to deal with calculus, a complicated boy-relationship, college apps (just get them over with! It feels so much better the sooner you get them in, and it ups your chances of getting acceptances when you're timely).

But I love the wallpapers, nothing much to critique there. I love the font on the first one, what is it? As for the second, I love the texturing, it's so subtle yet it really makes the affected areas stand out more, and seem more fuller. A funny thing about this wallpaper, which has nothing much to do with anything you did, is that the burning mountain that I'm assuming you copied three times (maybe?) has this shadow or formation in it that looks like an eye with an eyebrow over it. And it's looking directly at Sozin. It gives it this powerful chill, as if to say some higher force is watching him and will make him regret what he's doing.

The third wallpaper is gorgeous. I like the pine trees, it really does go with the whole "winter" thing. The lighting around the text manages to make the text visible without it being the first and only thing to grab my attention. Gorgeous.

School hasn't hindered your abilities, keep it up!
NicoSchmiko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #690 on: Jan 30, 2011 03:18 pm »

The Azula sig is stunning. It portrays her character very well Smiley Keep up the good work!

Ivy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #691 on: Feb 25, 2011 06:40 pm »

The third one. The words are so pretty. And I love the fonts for the first and second wallpapers.

That's my critique. Tongue

Sarcastic Sensei
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

DPool Foo

« Reply #692 on: Mar 28, 2011 10:44 am »

*dies of awesome* wow. Your amazing. Are you taking wallpaper requests?

Link^to my band site Grin I keep The Dukes Hogmonkey rides. Sig by NBF UNOFFICIAL ASN CHAMPION OF FOOD! Cool
PonDeReplay
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #693 on: Jul 05, 2011 09:02 am »

I'm not dead. Enjoy the new wallpapers!

http://pondereplay.deviantart.com/art/Beautiful-Things-190565888?q=gallery%3Apondereplay%2F4316640&qo=8

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/071/1/0/legend_of_korra_wallpaper_by_pondereplay-d3bi9im.jpg

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/071/e/3/legend_of_korra_wide_wallpaper_by_pondereplay-d3bi9f0.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/057/5/0/dynasty_by_pondereplay-d3ag236.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/162/8/8/resurrection__atla_wall_by_pondereplay-d3ioc1f.jpg

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/184/3/3/the_end_of_glory___widescreen_by_pondereplay-d3kwguu.jpg

http://pondereplay.deviantart.com/art/The-End-of-Glory-216505711?q=gallery%3Apondereplay%2F4316640&qo=0

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #694 on: Jul 05, 2011 09:09 am »

Oh wow these are lovely :O The first one and the Long Feng one are my favourites - I love the mural and the green and the everything really in the latter. Does anyone else see Wang Fire as Fire Lord in the fourth one down? Tongue
Sarcastic Sensei
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

DPool Foo

« Reply #695 on: Jul 05, 2011 09:20 am »

HLY CRP IS SO AWESOME! Grin

Link^to my band site Grin I keep The Dukes Hogmonkey rides. Sig by NBF UNOFFICIAL ASN CHAMPION OF FOOD! Cool
Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #696 on: Jul 05, 2011 01:15 pm »

Does anyone else see Wang Fire as Fire Lord in the fourth one down? Tongue

That's not Wang Fire dude.xD

I love your recent stuff and practically have nothing of substance to say. Any compliments I give on what I think is working would be totally redundant, and there is practically nothing to criticize.
djinn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fish genetics is a very small field

« Reply #697 on: Jul 05, 2011 09:00 pm »

Excuse me whilst I pick up my jaw off the floor.

Sarcastic Sensei
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

DPool Foo

« Reply #698 on: Jul 05, 2011 09:02 pm »

I cant believe shes only 18. Tongue Your beast PonDeReplay! Grin WOOHOO!

PonDeReplay
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #699 on: Jul 06, 2011 11:40 am »

Thanks everyone! I'll be adding more wallpapers later on this month, but in the meantime I'm currently revamping breakthrough-designs.com. More avatar wallpapers can be found at my deviant art account (http://pondereplay.deviantart.com)

I've been designing for quite a while, I'm pursuing electronic art and programming in college now.

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: