Apr 26, 2017 07:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 84 (46.2%)
9 - 35 (19.2%)
8 - 35 (19.2%)
7 - 13 (7.1%)
6 - 7 (3.8%)
5 - 3 (1.6%)
4 - 1 (0.5%)
3 - 1 (0.5%)
2 - 1 (0.5%)
1 - 2 (1.1%)
Total Voters: 174

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [103] The Southern Air Temple  (Read 16534 times)
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« on: Feb 11, 2006 09:50 am »

Official Description: Aang is eager to take Sokka and Katara to the Air Temple where he was raised. But upon arrival, it becomes apparent that the temple is not at all how Aang remembers it.
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2006 09:53 am by Acastus » Logged
FoxSpirit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~Soul Reaper~

« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2006 10:07 am »

this episode was good! Aang looked sooooo cool when he was in the avatar state because his whole body lit up and his eyes were full of rage and they were bright! it was really fun to watch that episode.
ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Kataang shipper to the end!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2006 09:28 pm »

I found that part sad.. He was so upset..

Banner made by me, do not steal! If you want to use it, ask me first.

Join my site! Avatar Dream (New custom skin up!)
Fuzzy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

fuzzytoesocks@hotmail.com emilythepissed
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2006 09:20 pm »

I loved it...so aangsty. Note the extra 'a'. xD I was surprised that they showed the skeletons, though.

That has to be up there with the agni kai as one of the most emotional scenes in the series.

ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Kataang shipper to the end!

« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2006 09:27 pm »

Yeah, I was surprised too.. Oh well, at least I get to see them, 4Kids cuts them out in my other fav shows..

Banner made by me, do not steal! If you want to use it, ask me first.

Join my site! Avatar Dream (New custom skin up!)
Kara
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2006 11:19 pm »

I absolutely LOVED the scene where Aang and Sokka chase after Momo!

Aang: "Lemur!"
Sokka: "Dinner!" *drools*
Zukofan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2006 12:49 am »

I loved the agni kai.  My absolute favorite part was when Zhao sent the fire at Zuko when he was down.  It shone in his eyes and for one horrible second he thought it was scar time all over again...but at the last second he dodged it, did a totaly awsome flippy move and tripped Zhao up.  Then the instant replay.  Awsome.  xD
someone198
« Reply #7 on: Apr 23, 2006 09:52 pm »

"Two years at sea have done little to temper your tongue." If that isn't adding insult to injury (and I mean that literally, not euphemistically), I don't know what is.
Quadgurl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Zutarian queen at your service-o

« Reply #8 on: Sep 23, 2006 09:46 am »

I saw this episode at least 7 times. *is buzzed*

Sokaang + Zutara = My Avatar ships Grin
Join the zutarian-empire today! http://zutarian-empire.deviantart.com
Firebender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firebender for Life

think.outside.the_box@hotmail.com
« Reply #9 on: Sep 23, 2006 05:23 pm »

I gave it a nine.  Little too sad for my liking, but I loved the Momo and Sokka as well as the Agni Kai with Zuko and Monkey Face.

tophgirl4444
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Azula The Evil

« Reply #10 on: Sep 24, 2006 01:50 pm »

it was ok...i guess......

Signature and avatar by Cheyanne 
Purple_Sparkle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Open Your Eyes to Love

Caligirlcom@msn.com KataangShipper
« Reply #11 on: Sep 24, 2006 02:13 pm »

I love this episode! It introduces Momo, and the part where Aang and Sokka chase him is cool, then there was the Agni Kai where Zuko kicked butt....then the emotional part at the end when Aang goes into his Avatar State.

Proud Kataang and Maiko Shipper

Keeper of Zuko's Smile
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Oct 01, 2006 04:24 pm »

meh i gave it a six cuz i didnt like the part when gaang went to the temple.... but i fogot about the agni kai.... that bumps it up to a seven at least

^Made in the Earth Kingdom

Keeper of Momo's dancing

HURRICANE RIPS THROUGH GRAVEYARD!!! THOUSANDS DEAD!!!
einsteinboricua
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Sokka's twin brother and Ozai's cool agent.

einsteinboricua@hotmail.com
« Reply #13 on: Oct 14, 2006 12:13 pm »

Has anyone seen the starnge cloud formation in the final seconds of the episode???Many fansites say that is Roku with his dragon...

Proud Sukka shipper. avvie by XXbAsXX
I keep Appa's clumps of hair on the river, the invasion, the places of the invasion, and EK's documents and belongings
-Remind me again how you're related to Sokka?
-Why I'm his third cousin's brother's wife's step niece's great uncle....twice removed.
Mikesta
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

plazamikie@hotmail.com
« Reply #14 on: Oct 29, 2006 10:36 pm »

This epsideo was fraking awesome...the fight betwen Zhao and zuko was the best in the whole entire seasies and it had the most details

Poor Aang and poor Gyasto

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!
jman1009
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Time to face your destiny...

« Reply #15 on: Dec 31, 2006 10:19 am »

The first episode of Avatar that I ever saw, It instantly got me hooked! The Agni Kai was my favorite scene, that smirk on Prince Zuko's face was a nice touch.

Sig by Sedai
dragonofthewest
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Apr 03, 2007 04:25 pm »

Has anyone seen the starnge cloud formation in the final seconds of the episode???Many fansites say that is Roku with his dragon...

That is a conspicuously odd cloud.  I don't know where people are getting "Roku" from, but I definitely see a twining dragon.  Foreshadowing, anyone?

The proud keeper of: Cabbage Man's despair, Bosco's animal instincts, and Katara's kleptomania
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Only One Teen

aaking21stccs
« Reply #17 on: Apr 08, 2007 07:46 pm »

This was one of the best of the best

Try to include more in your posts! One line posts clog the thread. Tell us why you think it was a great episode so that we understand your reasoning. Thanks!

-Tananda, Board Moderator
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2007 10:34 pm by Tananda » Logged
KataraTheWaterbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Apr 26, 2007 03:16 pm »

I've never really noticed that. I will definitely have to pay more attention the next time I watch this episode. Cheesy

I did enjoy this episode though. It was so sad when Aang found Gyatso's skeleton. I still feel so sorry for him.

Keeper of Aang's love for Katara, Katara's beauty, Maiko, and Azula's possible redemption
No1 Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Apr 28, 2007 07:53 pm »

I love the part when Momo comes in and immediately Sokka thinks it's food.  The agni kai was awesome...I wish it was a little longer...'cause it was cool.  I felt so bad for Aang when he discovered the body of his teacher, and the avatar state was great too.

~#1 Airbender

babbitblob
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

the :3 panda

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007 07:24 pm »

This is the last episode I know of that actually shows bending as remotely difficult for anyone. Zuko is actually tired after a little bit of firebending. 1-3 episodes later though, he's shooting fire left and right. The same applies with Aang. Opening the door took effort for him at the air temple, but against Bumi he summons miniature tornadoes, etc.
Kaiser Avatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2007 08:41 pm »

This is the last episode I know of that actually shows bending as remotely difficult for anyone. Zuko is actually tired after a little bit of firebending. 1-3 episodes later though, he's shooting fire left and right. The same applies with Aang. Opening the door took effort for him at the air temple, but against Bumi he summons miniature tornadoes, etc.

Not true, Aang seems to be sweating while creating those tornadoes (if I'm remembering correctly) and Bumi seems to strain while throwing that chunk of rock.

I am faster than 80% of snakes.
fyre16
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bipolarbear953
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007 06:49 am »

aang looked awesome in avatar state. so sad about gyatso  :'(  loved the agni kai.
wen zhao said 'do it' did he mean burn his face? i think so. i dont think zuko did it because that would make him crueler, like ozai.  Roll Eyes
jman1009
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Time to face your destiny...

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2007 12:02 pm »

^ I believe Zhao did mean for Zuko to finish him off when he said, "Do it". And your right in the fact that Zuko didn't do it because he has felt that pain before and doesn't want anyone to have to face it, not even Zhao.

Sig by Sedai
dianam41
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Zuko by Konietzko

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2007 05:24 pm »

It may have been more emotionally draining for Zuko than anything else.  The only other Agni Kai he was ever in resulted in a disfiguring and obviously very painful injury.  That had to be going through his mind.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: