Dec 10, 2018 02:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mainsite Banner Contest  (Read 5108 times)
Nat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I haven't given up hope yet. ;_;

darthnat@hotmail.com charaznable26
« on: Jul 16, 2006 04:58 pm »

As you may have noticed from the mainsite, all of the staff is very inept when it comes to graphics.  So we've decided to open the floor to our members and people who visit the site to influence how it looks by holding a banner contest (the banner is the images along the top of the site, currently the AvatarSpirit logo and a picture of Aang).  We'll accept banner submissions until August 16, 2006.  The winner of the contest will see their banner on the mainsite and receive credit as well as bragging rights.

Rules

1.  The dimensions of the banner may not be larger than 800 x 150 pixels (if you use multiple images, combined they may not be larger than this limit).

2.  No animations, please.

3.  One entry per person.  If you'd like to replace a previous entry, e-mail me about it and I'd be glad to update your entry.

4.  Take into consideration that the site stretches and shrinks depending on screen resolution.  Your banner must look good with white space to the right, left, or between multiple images.  You might want to make your banner in multiple parts to preserve visual balance.  Keep in mind that the edges of the image(s) must blend into the background.  For an example of what I'm talking about, take a look at the banners at these sites:  TitansGo.net, www.mp2d.co.uk.

5.  The AvatarSpirit.net logo must be on the banner.  Here is the logo in .psp format for Paint Shop Pro or .psd format for Photoshop (though I think either will work with most graphics programs).  Or, if you'd just like the regular .gif, here it is.  Don't modify the logo.  Just resize it to your heart's content.

6.  The banner may consist of official artwork, screenshots, or fanart.  However, only canon characters, please.  We don't need your OC on our banner.

7.  Submissions will not be accepted after 12:00 AM EST on August 16, 2006.

8.  E-mail submissions to nat@avatarspirit.net.

9.  If you have a question, post about it in this topic or send an e-mail to the aforementioned address.

Judging Criteria

We'll be judging the entries based on the following:

1.  Visual appeal.  Your banner must look nice.  It must be something that we'll be proud to use on our site.  Something created in MS Paint most likely isn't going to cut it.

2.  How well the banner matches the site.  If your banner is bright red and blue while the rest of the site is done in light colors, it's not going to match.  We want something that will blend with the color scheme and general look of the site.

3.  Creativity.  We want a banner that stands out!  Something that people will remember!  Go all out and make your banner as creative and unique as possible.

4.  How well the banner represents the subject of the site.  Your banner must show that this is indeed an Avatar site, so it must be Avatar-esque.  If your banner isn't at all related to Avatar, it will not be chosen.

So fire up Photoshop and have fun!
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2012 11:54 pm by NeeNee » Logged

Nat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I haven't given up hope yet. ;_;

darthnat@hotmail.com charaznable26
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 2006 09:14 pm »

The deadline has been extended to 12:00 AM EST. on August 19 due to some members' confusion about when the contest will end.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: