Thanks for this, cause I really need some opinions to help me get on the right foot.
Right now I'm just posting some Ideas for my new fic that I had.
Sketch for "Legion Rising", a crossover fic between the realms of avatar and The Elder Scrolls (Oblivion mostly)
This story will be split up into two sections. One part concentrates on the Gaangs story of thier encounter with the Imperial Legion of Tamriel, and thier mission to either convince the imperial legion to help them (Version one) and/or thier mission to Help convince the water tribes into joining the legion (both versions). The other tells of zuko's quest to find his long lost brother, his defection to the light side (No he does NOT join the gaang. sorry zutara lovers.) though the Black Mask Crusaders (A Legion-Backed insurrgent group in Ba-Sing-Se) and later the Elite Imperial Commandos, and the quest to save his nation from its own greed and corruption caused by a dark terrible secret only the fire lords know of.
* Zuko is afflicted by a nightmare where the blue dragon attacks him again, but this time is slain by a figure in Black clothes and red shapes and lines, weairng a hood of the same color type. The figure points at him ominously and orders him to find his brother.
* He wakes up panting, remarking about what a nightmare that was, a Ghostly Masked Soldier (any other ideas on what this could be?) appears in front of him, telling him that it was no dream, and that he does have a long lost brother that was kept a secret from him.
* so the first thing he does is ask his sister. Of course, she denies his exsistance. The Ghostly solider returns, telling him quickly to say nothing and talk with his mind only (telepathy/mind reading), as azula can't see her. she tells him that azula is of course lying, and instead suggests that he find out about the Imperial Commandos, as they would be the ones to know.
*He asks around town about them to various people, a lot of which get nervous when asked about the subject however (much like they did when the gaang tried to find appa).
*Zuko runs into Jen during his search. Shes happy to see him again, glad hes alive etc. He asks her about the crusaders, and while she claims not to know of them, he feels her slide a hand into and slip his pants ( Shocked ) and drop somthing. After she makes a rushed cheek kiss and leaves, zuko travels back to the palace, and after playing 20 questions with azula, he goes to his room and reads the note
she slipped into his pants: [which indicates that she knows his identity that she is an informant for the Black Mask Crusaders.]
* Zuko follows the note where it says to go at midnight. Unaware he is being followed by two Dai-li agents ordered to follow him. [Zuko connects with his contact and they defeat the Dai Li.]
* Basically after this, the whole of the zuko story is the advancement of zuko through the ranks of the BMC (and later the IC itself when it invites him) and his exploits in them, which eventually lead him both to find his long lost brother (who is revealed to be none other than zuten, the grandmaster of the ICs), and to reveal the dark, Terrible truth about firebending (see lore for more info on this). Mostly based around the various guild missions. Will most likely be in first person.
There are two ideas I had for this one.
*After A confrontation with a horde of Fire nation soldiers, Katara is taken prisoner trying to protect aang (which she does), and they take her to a fortress....
*... In which the perverted soldiers try to get her to talk by strapping her down by a table, naked. she is about to be raped when suddenly they're killed by a Previously-unseen mage, and is taken back to the arcane university. This is unoffically the Gaang's first contact with tamriel.
*the gaang arrives at the fortress a few days later, only to find 1. Instead of a fire nation flag over the side, it has a symbol of a circle with a 8 pointed star on it, with an eye on the middle. (see below) they enter carefully, expecting the worst, but are soon greeted by Mages who explain everything very carefully: They are from the land of Tamreil, katara is safe, and the fort was overtaken by a mages guild assault very quickly. However they fear that as soon as the fire nation realises what happened there, they will quickly overrun the fort. They need Legion support, but so far there has been no athorization by the elder council to declare official war on the fire nation, leaving such actions to the guilds and unofficial action to the Imperial Commandos. So off they go to help put together the case for war.
the Gaang are flying over a forest, the same one suki had her battle with azula. They decide the next thing to do is to go back to Kyoshi island to break the news to the people of kyoshi island. On the way there however, they spot a large island with what appears to be a gigangic mirror on the top of it. Katara remarks that she hadn't seen that island before. Sokka tries to find it on the map, but fails, because occording to the library of tong, it doesn't exist, AT ALL. They go down to investigate.
*On the island the first thing they noticed is being attacked by wild creates, but not the avatar-style combo creatures that they're so used to, but the single formed creatures of our world, Including a wolf, mountain lion, and they spot some deer. other than that, the island seems deserted.
*When they see the mirror up close, aang remarks that the mirror "Is familiar", but cant quite place it.
*while staring at the mirror they are caught by suprise by a large fire nation task force with the same intentions as they have: Investigate the strange island. They are caught in a fight, and just as it looks like all hope is lost, the mirror hums to life, and a Red symobol of a Dragon , with wings folded into the shape of a diamond (Its the same symbol as the flag on my avatar) appears on the mirror, just before Hundreds of Imperial legion troops pour out of it and begin attacking the fire nation troops.
* Aang and crew help these strangers defeat the fire nation soldiers, and are greeted by thier Commander, who tells them a bit about the imperial legion, etc. After some questioning by aang, the gaang is told that they should see Chancellor ocato in the imperial city, which they go to (through the mirror of course). He explains a lot more about the empire, and after hearing about the horrid tales of the fire nation, got the council into declaring war on them. he wants to get the earth kingdom and the Water tribes to join the legion as providences too, and after some questioning about what makes them different than the fire nation (a whole great deal), decide to help him with this...
-in this version, the story starts with the first part of zuko's story.
Zuten: The "banished" son of the fire lord ozai, Surrogate son of the hero of Kvatch, Hero of Tamriel, Slayer of the Daedric hordes, Former Arch mage AND fighters guild grandmaster, etc. Basicly hes adopted by the Player character in oblivion. Zuten does have his own accomplishments however, Hes the finder of the dwemer (Or rather, thier decendants, the High dwemer, or Rourken.), creator and grandmaster of the Imperial Commando Core (Also known in ba-sing-se as the "Black mask Crusaders, Though this is techincally incorrect, since "Black mask Crusaders" is the name of the insurgent group organised, armed, and trained by the commandos, not the actually Commando Corps themselves.")
*after a joined raid in an Alyeid-dwemer ruin known as Enourk (Children of Rourken mod reference), where he went in with over 50 men and left with only 4, not counting himself.
*The Incident at Enourk became known as the Enourk Massacare. However, the loss of the legion troops was not in vain, for the High-dwemer, long thought dead was found. He helped them lead the charge against the azura followers who sought thier destruction. For this he was given free access to the dwemer's "Hellspawn armor" a light, Leather-like material that was even tougher than the daedric armors of legend.
*After this, he presented the idea of an advanced, elite group to carry tasks that were either too dangerous or out of the jurisdiction of the watch or guards of cities for the empire. It didn't take much for the elder council to accept the proposal, and thus the Imperial Commandos were born, with Zuten as its grandmaster.
*What zuten doesn't know is his hidden history. He is the long lost older brother of zuko. When he was born, an Astrologer predicted an omen: This child would cause the fire nations fall from grace if he were to be allowed to live. Ozai ordered the baby killed, but ursa, desprate to save her baby, sought a way to save him. A strange prophet (Same one who led the player character to the pilgramage and eventually the holy quest in Knights of the Nine) Opened a mirror-portal to Tamerial (using the then secret Astral plane method) where he was raised, also giving her another prophecy after she parted with her first-born son: That the boy would rise to do great things, and although the astrologers prophey WAS true from thier point of veiw, he would be the one to "save the fire nation from itself"
*After this Zuten was never mentioned, as just speaking his name was consitered to be a executable offense. As such, zuko never knew of his brother...
*Azula however, does. Ozai told her of Zuten and the prophecy. However, like Ozai, she belives him to be dead.
-The Imperial Legion
* As fate would have it, Aang reappears on Elementra (Thats what aangs world is being called for now,) 10 years after the Oblivion Crisis on Tamriel, where the Legion has rebuilt itself, and is more powerful now than ever. Ironicly though, they still don't have an emperor as of yet...
* After an old tome is dug up in the mages guild, A workaround to the "Direct protal" problem is found (By routing portals through the astral pocket (Midas magic spells of Aurum reference) And explorers are sent to the world of Elementra, the Legion learns the horrible truth about the fire nation/Fire wars/Slaughter of the air nomads, etc. With some convincing by aang ang katara (version one only, in version two they are already convinced), And Zuten's reports from
ba-sing-se the elder council makes a decision to help them, and The Imperial legion declares war on the fire nation.
*Thier first Major target is Omashu. The Fire nation guards there are caught completely by suprise as a Giant Mirror gate is opened up in front of the city. the legion takes it in a few days.
*Soon after the Legions declaration of war, Emisionaries are sent to the north pole, and talks take place. In which case the Northern water tribes form an alliance with the legion, and the earth kingdom, now in ruins, officially joins the legion. the NWT soon follows after with a declaration of Providence.
ba-sing-se falls again.
*The armies make thier way to ba-sing-se. Although the gaang protests that it will take years to penetrate the walls, High Chancellor Ocato assures them that they don't need to: all they need to do is open Mirror-Portals on the other side of the walls, and the Imperial legion can take control of the earth nation capital from the inside. This happens near the end of the story.
-Imperial Commandos/Black Mask Crusaders
*To the people of ba-sing-se, the commandos are known as the "Black Mask Crusaders". As zuko learns however, this is actually incorrect. Although they share the same Facilities, "Black Mask Crusaders" is actually the Name of the ba-sing-se resistance group formed and trained by the commandos, as only the real commandos wear the heavily enchanted armor, mask peices, and weapontry. the simple resistance units are given Unenchanted or lightly enchanted Braided
uniforms. Not as powerful, but is still stronger than fine steel armors. The commandos are mistakenly called "Black mask crusaders" by the Dai-Li simply because they wear the same masks, but unbeknownst to the dai-li, the IC versions are enchanted.
*The Commandos were formed by Champion-of-Cyrodill Zuten, and is thier grandmaster.
*They are the highest of orders in the imperial legion, exceeding even the blades. Members come from only the best and most talented in Combat, Wizardry, And Stealth. being such, Only people invited to join from the best of the legion soldiery and watch, Fighters guild, and mages guild are allowed to join. There are rumors however that there are former theives guild members who have left the life of crime at zuten's invitation, and even Dark Brotherhood defectors who offer to train and work with the commandos in exchange for amnesty from the legion, and Protection from DB retrobution, since they know they are the only ones who could protect them from the dark brotherhood's retrebution.
*The only way to join the Imperial commandos is through official invitation. Anyone can join the Black Mask Crusaders though, through a rather compicated process. Fire nation defectors (with the exception of zuko) are given a different process, due to the the threat of defector's families being executed for direct defection.
*The Black mask crusaders are also taking in defecting Dai-Li agents who refuse to become loyal to the fire nation as well, whom they use as undercover spies.
Both Aang and Zuko will learn of these as the story progresses. They cover the real reason behind the air nomad massacare, and the terrible truth of firebending thats been kept underground for countless generations
- The mirrors have been poping up over the world recently. They are actually one sided gates from or to tamerial.
- The reason the mirror looks so familiar to aang is that such portals did in fact exist in tamerial at one time, kept in the air temples. However, when the fire nation attacked (the truth behind this I'll reveal as well), they sought to conquer the Lands of tamrial as well as the earth kingdom. To prevent this, the air nomads destroyed the mirrors though a ritual only they knew about, and burned all copies of writings of the opening ritual. Infurated, Sozen ordered them to be exterminated (As opposed to just conquered as he had originally planned). Eventually the story of both was lost, the mages guild putting references of the world into storage, and the story of the tamreilans erased from aangs world completely... well, untill they found away back through the Astral Realm.
- 100 years ago it was possible to go directly from tamriel to Elementra (God I hate that name, someone PLEASE help me come up with somthing else) and vise-versa, but it wasn't common. However, when the gates were destroyed by the air nomads to protect tamerial from molag Bal's Super-empowered fire nation, They sealed all means of a direct route (Much like how the destruction of the amulet of kings sealed off all direct routes from oblivion to tamerial). However, It became clear at least to the tamerialan side that it was possible to create portals to Elementra from the newly descovered Realm known simply as the Astral pocket (Borrowed from the mod Midas Magic, Spells of Aurum). By creating a portal to the astral realm, and another one linking Elementra to the Apocket, one could then link the portals together to create a direct path from Tamerial to Elementra, or in reverse.
-Ever wonder why the firebenders can shoot fire out of nowhere, in other words "Conjure" fire, while the other elements have to settle for manipulating an exisitng element? Its revealed that over 4 avatar cycles ago (including the 100 years which aang spent trapped in ice), a Daedric prince by the name of Molag Bal Appeared to and gave a fire lord of that time a "Sacred Fire Orb". Before this time People had to create a fire to Firebend, and the orb offered the fire nation a way to firebend without making a fire first. Although Molag said this was a "Gift of good will for your people", this was obviously a lie, as the object was cursed to bring along with it all the bad qualities the fire nation is now known for. However, the Process of corruption was slow, and it would take quite a couple hundred years for it to reach its full effect. During the next few hundred years, the tale about the Fire orb became lost, and firebending as we know it simply became the norm, even for the avatars. During sozens time, the Corruption had just about worked its way in. To help things along, Molag appeared to sozen in a dream, telling him just How to use the orb as a catylist of massive power. However, the bad part was that a comet needed to be close to the world. By then though they were so corrupted that sozen jumped on the opportunity, just like molag knew he would. The rest is history
- So in a nutshell, The "Modern" firebending is not natural, it is the result of global empowerment by an evil daedric artifact, that although allows the "People of the flame" to bend fire without actually MAKING or finding fire (like with the other 3 elements), it also corrupts thier souls. And as long as the artifiact remains, the people of the fire nation are doomed to be the vessles of strife, hatred, and agony amonst thier fellow mortals.
-Zuko recieves a vision from akatosh (or talos) later on telling of this horrid truth. He and Zuten must then retreive the orb and destroy it, preferably right in front of ozai (or azula).
Basicly I need opinions on the following things:
1. Should it be a ghost, or somthing else that visits zuko right after his dream?
2. Which intro of the Gaang story should I do? the "Mage saves katara" version (note: with that I might do a KataraxOc pairing with the mage) or the "Battle of the mysterious island" idea?
3. Pairings? Now before you say "DO TAANG!!11! or "DO ZUTARA!!eleven!two" , Be aware that those are the two things which I cannot stand reading, let alone writing. Not so sure about kataang either, but its a lesser evil to me at least. Leaning twoards Jinko with zuko. OCxMaincharacter pairings are a last resort, but will be used if necessary.
4. Elementra... that seems like a pretty stupid name to me, any other ideas?
rylasasin, I combined your two posts into one by cutting out two instances where you actually wrote out excerpts from the story. Even having done that, this is certainly going beyond the bounds of a "plot idea" or a "plot bunny." It's not necessary for you to provide a full and complete detailed description of your entire story. Especially considering that the questions you posed could easily have been asked with much less context. Please work on being far more concise in the future. The guidelines have also been modified to include a rule about this. ~ Rawles