Dec 17, 2017 11:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate this episode:
10 - 181 (51.6%)
9 - 82 (23.4%)
8 - 55 (15.7%)
7 - 20 (5.7%)
6 - 8 (2.3%)
5 - 1 (0.3%)
4 - 1 (0.3%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 1 (0.3%)
1 - 2 (0.6%)
Total Voters: 331

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [210 & 211] The Library & The Desert (The Fury of Aang)  (Read 41751 times)
Force
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Jul 14, 2006 04:06 pm »

Official Descriptions:
The Library: A professor leads the kids to a spirit library in the middle of the desert, where Sokka hopes to discover powerful secrets to use against the Fire Nation.

The Desert: Aang searches for Appa, while Katara struggles to keep everyone together so they can survive in the vast desert. Meanwhile, Uncle and Zuko seek help from an ancient secret society.

Discuss!
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2006 08:09 pm by Nat » Logged

Crazy4Avatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2006 07:20 pm »

Did I just see some air benders? When the professor drives those people away from appa, I thought I saw one of them use air bending to power their vehicle.

Keeper of Lord Momo's cape, Appa's New Saddle, & Aang's New Glider.
Ruin_Ross_3
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2006 07:29 pm »

They called em sand benders, I bet they are earth, but just more used to sand than Toph..
MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2006 07:39 pm »

Aang is pissed off.  I like it.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population
Ruin_Ross_3
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Jul 14, 2006 07:50 pm »

"Maybe we can find some sand benders there"...man, he is pissed off.
MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #5 on: Jul 14, 2006 07:59 pm »

I thought Aang was going to kill them.  His voice was downright creepy.

TheNineTails
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Who ate my Friggin Ramen

« Reply #6 on: Jul 14, 2006 08:01 pm »

I loved the movie but the ending sucked. Now its another 2 months before we see what happens. Aang really was going to kill them and only Katara can stop him. I liked how Toph acted in this movie.

MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #7 on: Jul 14, 2006 08:02 pm »

It wasn't a movie but two interconnected episodes.

Firelord Sunny
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yip yip!

ladymecha
« Reply #8 on: Jul 14, 2006 08:03 pm »

yeh but its better then nothing.

Another two months again though.... argh.

Still a good pair of eppies, Toph looks like she is becomming more and more used to being in the group, and this "order of the lotus" sounds intriging!

Space, the final frontier...
These are the voyages of the flying bison Appa.
His ongoing mission, to explore strange new worlds,
To help Aang seek out new bending masters and escape the firenation.
To boldy go where no flying bison has gone before...

Keeper of Davros' frozen head
xlegend34
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

PROUD Keeper of Kataang, and the Soldier Boy Song

arman12 sharpiesrawesome42
« Reply #9 on: Jul 14, 2006 08:04 pm »

Like im going to say alot.

First of all, the solstice is what will beat the fire nation.

Second, Sokka throught this whole episode was a drunk, "its a giant mushroom!!!!!, lets go see if it wants to be friends", poor poor Sokka.

Next Aang was in control of the Avatar State, did you see him get mad, the avatar state voice said where is Appa, I also loved how Katara got him out of it, she really helped him so much, that was so so touching, another Kataang moment for the history books. I want to see that moment again, O ignite if you read this, put it in another one of your Kataang music videos.

Katara held the group together throughout the whole thing, the only thing I hated was the pain Aang was in throughout the whole thing, poor Aang, it mad me so sad.

Iroh and Zuko, were awesome throughout this eoy, they beat the Rough Rhino's so easily, and now we know they're going to meet Aang and the gang in Ba Sing Se, o by the way Sokka said the earth king, so yea it's another guy.

Leaves from the vine, falling so slow.
Like fragile, tiny shells,
Drifting in the foam.
Little soldier boy, come marching home.
Brave soldier boy, comes marching home.
R.I.P. Mako
Skye
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I have an Avatar obsession ;P

« Reply #10 on: Jul 14, 2006 08:08 pm »

I love watching avatar and I think it had a really nice storyline. I felt that the ending wasn't satisfying enough to my avatar craze Tongue. And TWO MONTHS WAIT.

That episode was very informative though, I think I died everytime there was a commercial. However, if you really think about it, since the firebenders draw their power from the sun they would obviously be weakened if there were a solar eclipse...So there wasn't really any point in the excursion, though I guess it was important to find out when the next solar eclipse would be.

Icon by tentacruel @ Livejournal
xlegend34
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Jul 14, 2006 08:10 pm »

O yea i forgot to mention that, that also proves my theory that firebenders draw their power from the sun, so that's firebendings origin.

Drifting in the foam.
R.I.P. Mako
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~Avatar Rules~

orlandolover3434
« Reply #12 on: Jul 14, 2006 08:11 pm »

Good episodes. Found out some pretty intersting information. One thing for sure, don't make Aang mad! However the only thing that sucks is we have to wait like two months for a new episode. 

Banner made by Quadgurl.
xlegend34
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Jul 14, 2006 08:17 pm »

For real, its not fair, Hopefully they'll stop doing this after the next movie.

Drifting in the foam.
R.I.P. Mako
Ruin_Ross_3
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Jul 14, 2006 08:19 pm »

ya, two months!!

I felt SOO bad for Aang..he cried at the end, and I felt so bad for him, he realy loves Appa...

But I was MAD when he yelled at Toph, she was AWESOME this Eppy, she couldnt save appa and hold the library up at the same time...plus, she is blind because of the sand, and has no earth to bend, there was nothing that she could do!

O ya, and someone on this board said it was a solar eclipse that was the darkest day..they were right!

haha Sokka was like drunk Smiley
TheNineTails
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Who ate my Friggin Ramen

« Reply #15 on: Jul 14, 2006 08:22 pm »

So its what 2 movies and then the rest of season 2?

MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #16 on: Jul 14, 2006 08:33 pm »

No.  It is four episodes paired up into two "movies" then the rest of season two.

I think there is more to the darkest day then the eclipse.  I do wonder what they will do without the ability to draw upon their powers.  One thing that bothers me is the misleading nature of the Avatar promotions.  The guardian of the Library was not evil.  He was justified in his desire to restrict the knowledge in his Library.

Extraordinary Lauren
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Jul 14, 2006 08:38 pm »

No.  It is four episodes paired up into two "movies" then the rest of season two.

I think there is more to the darkest day then the eclipse.  I do wonder what they will do without the ability to draw upon their powers.  One thing that bothers me is the misleading nature of the Avatar promotions.  The guardian of the Library was not evil.  He was justified in his desire to restrict the knowledge in his Library.

Yeah, that's what I think. Overall I think it was a good two episodes and I hope the new episode is sooner than September.

Keeper of Iroh's Jasmine Tea, Iroh's Tea Recipes, and The Eastern Air Temple.
Firelord Sunny
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yip yip!

ladymecha
« Reply #18 on: Jul 14, 2006 08:40 pm »

not a chance, Nick is running this "friday night movies" thing till the end of the summer....

InfernalZebra
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Black and White and on Fire

TheInfernalZebra
« Reply #19 on: Jul 14, 2006 08:45 pm »

I was also a bit irked by the promotion of the show, and when they met the giant owl I kind of knew how it would all proceed from there. But, you probably can't attract people with, "But they will awaken the ire of a great keeper of knowledge who is somewhat justified in his anger against them!" So, evil it is, for better or worse.

Personally I liked how Toph's blindness was addressed at several points in the episodes, often in a light-hearted way. My personal favorite was, "I've held some books. They didn't exactly do it for me." I think people tend to avoid mentioning a person's handicap, and if they do they treat it so seriously, when really they're just like anyone else and want to be treated just like anyone else. People make fun of other people in tender ways based on various things about them, and those with handicaps are no different.

"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream." --Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle

Big T
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Jul 14, 2006 08:59 pm »

Although we now have yet another two months before the next batch of new episodes, I must say that I was quite pleased with "The Fury of Aang." Questions are answered but more mysteries are born. The second book of Avatar is shaping up to be quite the fun, and dramatic, ride.

The ending of "The Desert" was extremely heartwrenching. At least in my opinion. We feel for Aang and the loss of one of his best friends. The hug he and Katara shares is wonderful, although the moment is one of sadness.

Speaking of Aang, it was very interesting to see him as angry as he was. It is not often we see this happy-go-lucky airbender blow his top. His diving into the Avatar State is both amazing and scary. I did feel for Toph and Katara, however, whenever Aang took out his agression on them. Toph did all she could and one can see the utter heartbreak in her face when Aang blames her for Appa's loss. Katara is keeping them all together. She is the true rock of the group. You cringe when Aang demands what she has done to help.

I agree with several people. I loved Toph already. But she is simply to great for words in this two-parter. We can see her beginning to get used to being a part of the Avatar gang. Her humor and overall nature is expertly shown.

And poor Sokka. While he did play the part of comedic relief more often than not, I got a good laugh because of him. And it is he who realizes the Fire Nation's "darkest day."

Well, it is safe to say that the group will now be walking towards Ba-Sing-Seh. This should prove interesting, although Appa will most certainly be missed.

Banner by Chong
zero4982
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I don't try, I do

« Reply #21 on: Jul 14, 2006 09:35 pm »

Stupid cliffhanger! Angry
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2006 10:24 pm by zero4982 » Logged

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
HEIL BUNNY!

knowlege is wisdom
wisdom is strength
strength is power
power is....... awsome
Firelord Sunny
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yip yip!

ladymecha
« Reply #22 on: Jul 14, 2006 09:45 pm »

yes but as I said it was better then nothing...

Zubby
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Thanks Maivry!

« Reply #23 on: Jul 14, 2006 09:47 pm »

Two really good episodes that move things along nicely, but leave many things unsnswered as well.

Some things I found interesting:

The sandbenders. What they were doing looked a lot like a combination of earth bending and air bending. I'm not sure what I make of that yet, but I do wonder about a possible air/earth hybrid tribe. Their nomadic lifestyle seems to hint at air nomad connections as well.

Sokka drinking hallucinogenic cactus juice. Those cacti looked a lot like peyote cactus, and might have similar effects (peyote is a hallucigen used to trigger insight in many native American tribes). Sokka has proven to be smart in short bursts. His ingestion of a peyote-like substance may increase this ability.

Aang's avatar state seems a little more controlled this time. I wonder if he is able to control it to a greater degree as he moves closer to mastering more bending disciplines.

Iroh is a Freemason??? THis secret society is really interesting. I also find it interesting that when the bounty hunters broke down the door to the secret chamber, they found a lotus tile. Iroh's always losing that!
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2006 10:01 pm by Zubby » Logged

Korrasami is canon-you gotta deal with it!
keeper of Appa, keeper of Aang's wanted poster
keeper of Sokka's sarcasm, keeper of Monk Gyatso's statue
Nat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I haven't given up hope yet. ;_;

darthnat@hotmail.com charaznable26
« Reply #24 on: Jul 14, 2006 10:04 pm »

I'm pretty sure that the sandbenders were just earthbenders that were extremely adept at bending sand rather than normal earth.  In the IRC channel we debated whether or not they were airbenders for a long time and reached this conclusion.  When you see Toph try to attack them with earthbending, her attacks look very similar to how they bend, so I just think it has something to do with them bending sand instead of rock.

As one of the resident Toph fans, I must say that Toph keeping a gigantic library from sinking just by holding it up is badass.

Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: