Mar 24, 2017 10:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar TCG The Path to Enlightenment  (Read 5970 times)
yerkamig
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Apr 06, 2007 04:40 am »

Does anyone know the fate of the Avatar TCG? The 2nd set, Path to Enlightenment, was set to release in November but never came. Now some of the new chambers are showing up packaged in the new Battle Bender toys.

I do know Upper Deck also did not release the next Pirates of the Caribbean TCG set, also set for November. It's my hope they're waiting for the next movie (PotC) this summer to release both sets.
tuessibon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2007 12:08 am »

well i wrote to them on 9/13 and this is what the told me

Hello,
At this time, there is no information available in regards to another Avatar TCG booster set.
Sorry.

Javier Casillas
Game Support Representative
Upper Deck Entertainment
The Medjai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

themedjaixx
« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2007 07:54 pm »

It looks like the TCG game is on stand by. There are no organized events planned by UDE at the moment and the Avatar TCG isn't even mentioned on the sanctioned game section of the UDE website. Lets hope they've put the game on hold.
Kaits
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

No more school for you young man! *strokes beard*

« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2007 06:08 pm »

While hanging around the Penny Arcade booth at ComiCon. We got to talk with a man who works at Upperdeck. He said that the cards didn't sell well enough and that the game had been discontinued. We had just bought 3 starter decks for $5 a piece at another booth. (A sign that they were going out of style)

Since then we have not been able to find the cards anywhere, save online.

Keeper of:The Boulder's autograph, Sokka's special knot, Azula's out-of-place hair, and Professer Zei's diploma.
Sig by Avatar_Mom.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC1qkLn6IRI
ladyoffire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Flying sky bison in disguise

« Reply #4 on: Oct 08, 2007 12:27 pm »

We had never been able to find the game cards at any retail stores. Until recently we found that at Dollar Tree stores for, you guessed it, $1.00 each.  Now that's a sure sign ther're out.  I my opinion Avatar merchandise was never given much of a chance to sell well.  The stores pull everything before it can sell.  Now who really drives the market? Consumers?? I think not.  It's the big conglomerates that decide what should be available for us peons. Sorry for ranting. Our collection of TGC cards is almost complete though, Yay Dollar Tree!

waterlord-kuruk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2007 07:24 pm »

It's the lousy marketing that doomed the card game. It's a great game and I love it. The art was all great (few games can say that) I never saw it in stores except TRU and even then they only had a small forgotten corner shelf that had a few expansion packs.

The thing I really don't get is why Burger King gave out promotion cards for this game when is seemed to have already been discontinued. (It is the only chance to get a Toph ally card)

My dollar trees are pretty much sold out of all the avatar packs.

If anyone has an extra King Bumi they want to trade for an extra Aang let me know. 

It's too bad we'll never have a Toph, Avatar Kyoshi, Avatar Kuruk, or Avatar Yangchen chamber card.
DeusExKatrina
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Carly Shay Guevara

« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2014 11:20 am »

It's a shame they never got the second set out. I'm kind of a collector of trading cards... I'm trying to collect all the characters. I've done pretty well buying the starter sets and individual cards on Ebay but there're still some things I'd like to find. Particularly the burger king cards like Azula and Toph. And if there's a "Zenemental" Iroh out there I would give an arm and a leg for it!

Anybody have any ideas (beyond Ebay) for finding rare ATLA cards?

\\\"Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.\\\"
Team Azula.
Keeper of Korra\\\'s misadventure with the powder puff and the Korra = Amon = Aang theory.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2014 07:38 pm »

Garage sales.

I think Avatar Mom also all Avatar merchandise in triplicate, maybe she'll sell you some. Cheesy

ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Jul 30, 2014 12:39 am »

i will look around and see if i have any more azula or toph... i gave them as prizes for cosplayers and other giveaways

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: