Oct 22, 2014 07:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: What's your favorite Element?
Water - 401 (23.2%)
Earth - 283 (16.3%)
Fire - 461 (26.6%)
Air - 316 (18.3%)
Thay're all awesome. - 270 (15.6%)
Total Voters: 1701

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Water. Earth. Fire. Air (where does YOUR loyalty lie?)  (Read 87443 times)
Stephanus12
Untethered

« Reply #2575 on: Nov 18, 2012 02:02 pm »

I would have to say water is my favorite bending technique due to a good set of reasons:
1) Bloodbending/very powerful waterbending once every month
2) Healing
3) Ability to condense water from normal air/absorb it out of plants (water is nearly always available)
4)Plant/Vinebending
5)Ability to freeze/melt water at own will -- sharp icicles being much more deadly than you basic water whip.
6)Water exploration/navigation is massively simplified.

Overall, I like water the most due to its adaptability. Sure, firebenders and airbenders can use their abilities whenever they want, but I don't think that that can match up to the complexity and creativity involved in waterbending.

Plus, I really like water.
After water, my favorites in order are fire, air, then earth.
Terminator_152
Untethered

« Reply #2576 on: Nov 27, 2012 11:39 am »

I would have to say water is my favorite bending technique due to a good set of reasons:
1) Bloodbending/very powerful waterbending once every month
2) Healing
3) Ability to condense water from normal air/absorb it out of plants (water is nearly always available)
4)Plant/Vinebending
5)Ability to freeze/melt water at own will -- sharp icicles being much more deadly than you basic water whip.
6)Water exploration/navigation is massively simplified.

Overall, I like water the most due to its adaptability. Sure, firebenders and airbenders can use their abilities whenever they want, but I don't think that that can match up to the complexity and creativity involved in waterbending.

Plus, I really like water.
After water, my favorites in order are fire, air, then earth.

I can't help but to agree on this. Even if I feel that every element is quite unique in terms of bending because of the special abilities that are there(like earth with it's Metalbending), I've always held water as my favorite.
Avapony
Untethered

You're gonna need some upgrades

« Reply #2577 on: Dec 04, 2012 12:28 pm »

Well, now that I think about it, I can relate to all the elements in some way.

Earth- For one thing, it's my birth element, and spring is my favorite season. Smiley I'm all about the environment, I would love to be an earth bender/metal bender too.

Water- waterbending probably has the most forms, because every living thing has water in it, water covers most of our planet, and you can bend it when it's in a solid, liquid or gas. Plus people in the water tribe are SO HOT. They are beautiful people, seriously!

Fire- its just that I'm surely and sassy, and I'm selfish at times. You know how those fire nation people can be Wink

Air- my personality in general. I'm passive, never start fights and hardly finish them. But I love to be a kid all the time and have fun with my buds! I wish I could be young forever...

rcox1995
Untethered

Heir of Blood

rcox895@yahoo.com
« Reply #2578 on: Dec 04, 2012 01:45 pm »

Even though I do realize that fire does reflect me the most in both the fact that I was born in the midst of August and also because of my personality, I have always enjoyed water the most.

Growing up in Florida always had me close to the water, and it's something that I enjoy know that it's so close. When I find the direction, I don't look for the sun, I look for the ocean.

Water has the most potential for bending due to its many forms, and it is just overall the best element in my opinion. All of the elements possesses their strengths and weaknesses, but it's clear that water has been pushing th envelope lately, due to the fact that we, as organisms, require water, and that can be manipulated in many different ways (probably more than just bloodbending.)

I still hold by water as being my favorite, and being the most useful overall.

Keeper of Toph's sarcasm.

And...rcox1995 is our biggest gamer! Your prize is...You get to put that in your sig!
Megagents
Untethered

« Reply #2579 on: Dec 16, 2012 01:16 pm »

Most Fun: Fire. I like the fire element in any show that talks about the four elements or any video game or any card game. I'd love to be an aggressive Firebender or just posses the power to create/control fire.

Most Logic (For me): Water. I'd like to be a Waterbender because I can douse fire, make earth softer and create a water shield thick enough that air couldn't push through. This is all based on my personal thoughts of Waterbending and other water based magic and/or powers and not the show itself.
waterkid90
Untethered

« Reply #2580 on: Dec 21, 2012 04:21 pm »

i like earth
Aangs True Love
Untethered

"That lady is my hero."

« Reply #2581 on: Dec 22, 2012 12:23 pm »

^When you make a post, please try to substantiate it by explaining what you say.  One line posts are not really encouraged because they don't contribute much to the conversation.  Versus just saying "I like Earth", you could say "I like Earth because..." and go on to list a few details that contribute to your preference.

I keep TokKataangletoe/Toph's statue/Aang's legacy/Bolin's dumplings/Lin's sacrifice.
Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen closely. <3 Icon=Maivry
Arson
Untethered

« Reply #2582 on: Jan 01, 2013 05:46 pm »

Fire nation. Because the other three nations seem to be in the 12th century while the fire nation is like in the 18-19th century with all their technology .

Samshapiro1
Untethered

« Reply #2583 on: Jan 26, 2013 08:27 pm »

I am mostly half water-bender half fire-bender water because i am somewhat caring like katara and funny like sokka but most of me comes from fire because i have the seriousness of zuko, the laziness and beverage obsession of iroh, the happy go lucky self of ty lee, the black comedy of mai and the psycho animal of azula

I always imagine that i am a descendant of katara and zuko because i always like to pretend that zutara did happen  and that whenever i see water or fire there spirits lie within
Fury
Untethered

KB3

« Reply #2584 on: Apr 08, 2013 06:43 pm »

This is a no-brainer for me . . . I definitely choose Fire.

I've always loved the fire element. I don't really remember when and why I started liking it, but now I have this incurable bias for it. I'm pretty sure it's because it reflects me the most personality-wise, and because my zodiac sign is one of the fire signs.

So yeah, I would love to be a firebender.
You can use it whenever you want, and it's based on a style of Kung-Fu, so IMO it would be really fun to control/fight with.
Not to mention firebenders can also generate lightning :p

Icon and Signature Made by Me
AncientScarab
Untethered

Regal Beetle

« Reply #2585 on: Apr 18, 2013 11:32 pm »

I think I was born to be a waterbender, but I'd somehow manage to make a quiet, undisturbed life in the Fire Nation (can't take the cold climate of the poles). Don't ask me how I'd do that, but that's how it would have to be Grin

Water is my favorite element: versatile, life-giving, strong, mysterious...

Fire is a close second: reactive, radiant, destructive, beautiful

Earth is next: steady, mighty, malleable, transformative

Last, but not least, is Air: lively, fickle, effervescent, unrestrained

I like them all really, but water ranks above the rest in my book Wink
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2013 11:55 pm by AncientScarab » Logged

What'chu talkin' bout Willis?
Twilight
Untethered

« Reply #2586 on: May 15, 2013 08:44 am »

I changed my mind. Thay're all awesome.
I think I'd be cool with whatever nation I was born in. Bender or not, I'd just accept it. Separation is an illusion, after all. Wink

and the award for worst username in retrospect goes to...
Gyatso is Boss
Untethered

« Reply #2587 on: Jun 21, 2013 10:15 am »

Hello! New poster here, been at Avatar wiki since 2008. Anyways..

Back in 2005, Water was my favorite. 2006-2009 Earth was my favorite. 2010-2012 Fire was my favorite. And 2012-2013 Water was my favorite...But I've come to realize that if I did live in the Avatar world, I'd be an airbender. Libra sign, Autumn, look, physique, and personalty. And there are a lot of pros for airbending

You get to have your own flyingbison

Air scooter

Flying

Glider

If you want to rule the world, Air would be the best. The most rare, suffocation, and easily escaping military attacks.

Works best in everday life.

So I vote Air.

« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2013 10:27 am by Gyatso is Boss » Logged
Ms.WW
Untethered

Let go your earthly tether~

« Reply #2588 on: Jun 21, 2013 12:31 pm »

Welcome to ASN.  Smiley

and easily escaping military attacks.

The air nomad genocide would suggest otherwise, unfortunately. Of course, I've always wondered how the Fire Nation pulled that off.

I think I've already posted why I voted air, but I'll add to it. I've always loved the airbenders and what they stand for. I like that they are peaceful and avoid harming people when they fight if they have to fight. I also like the martial arts form, baguazhang. It's very artistic and appealing to the eye. Well, martial arts is very artistic in general, but the movements in bagua captivate me.

I'm a big fan of the air nomads.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
Gyatso is Boss
Untethered

« Reply #2589 on: Jun 21, 2013 12:55 pm »

Thanks.  Smiley

I meant if a bunch of military personal were chasing you, you could easily get on your glider and escape.  About the Fire Nation beating the Air Nomads...

1. Remember The firebenders had the sozins comet. That gives them a distinct advantage over any other tyoe of an Airbender.

2. They (fire) had suprise on their hand.

3.  Although Air Nomads can fight back, their first instinct is dodging attacks.
Ms.WW
Untethered

« Reply #2590 on: Jun 21, 2013 01:25 pm »

Keeping the last two points in mind, I'll chalk it up to the comet. Their firebending was probably too strong at that point to be deflected by airbending.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
Gyatso is Boss
Untethered

« Reply #2591 on: Jun 21, 2013 01:32 pm »

Even with coment enhanced firebending, Gyatso was still able to kill many of them.

Ms.WW
Untethered

« Reply #2592 on: Jun 21, 2013 02:10 pm »

Your image isn't showing, but I believe I know which picture you're refering to.

I would argue that Gyatso was an exception. He was a powerful bender, but not powerful enough. But I'm talking about airbenders in general. I doubt all of them were strong enough to defend themselves or, like Gyatso, grew exhausted after some time while the firebenders had the comet to strengthen them. Either way, their airbending wasn't enough to stop them. Either their airbending wasn't strong enough in the beginning, or (for the powerful airbenders) they grew weak with exhaustion. The firebenders just literally over-powered them. That's what I mean.

On a side note, I think it's important to notice he is sitting in a peaceful, non-confrontational manner. I doubt he killed them himself. Instead, I imagine he probably created a sphere of air around him or something either to shield himself or to push the firebenders back, the firebenders burn and died from their own attacks that the sheild could deflect, but he grew tired and could not maintain the strength of the sphere of air while the firebenders' strength lasted due to the comet. That's when they broke through. That's all speculation, of course.

I still chalk it up to the comet.
« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2013 02:12 pm by Ms.WW » Logged

Loopy
Untethered

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #2593 on: Jun 21, 2013 10:12 pm »

If you want to rule the world, Air would be the best. The most rare, suffocation, and easily escaping military attacks.

There is no canon evidence that Airbenders can suffocate people. In fact, given the powers they've displayed, the only way they could possibly do it is to speed up the wind so fast that the air is moving to quickly to breathe it. And that would kill the Airbender as well, unless they're really good at holding their breath.

Plus, having a fighting style based around running away isn't going to let you rule the world anytime soon. Cheesy

That said, Airbending is my second choice behind Water.

by Maivry
Quote from: Ikkin
[Roku] tried to push the conflict [with Sozin] out of mind instead of confronting it before it spiraled out of control. (In a way, his style of being Avatar was a lot like Mako's style of handling romantic conflicts xD
Ms.WW
Untethered

« Reply #2594 on: Jun 21, 2013 10:41 pm »

Water is definitely my second choice, especially after learning a little more about Tai Chi. The fluidity of the movements and how calming it is to go through them really appeals to me. I know there's a more intense side to it, but I never realized how much of a calming effect it can have to practice pushing and pulling the chi. It focuses the mind, too.

Gyatso is Boss
Untethered

« Reply #2595 on: Jun 21, 2013 10:43 pm »

About the suffocation, I read through a fanon about it. http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Fanon%3AOnjing
Loopy
Untethered

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #2596 on: Jun 21, 2013 10:45 pm »

Yeah, that's strictly fanon. Nothing rules it out, but we've never seen an Airbender create or sustain a vacuum like that.

by Maivry
[Roku] tried to push the conflict [with Sozin] out of mind instead of confronting it before it spiraled out of control. (In a way, his style of being Avatar was a lot like Mako's style of handling romantic conflicts xD
Ms.WW
Untethered

« Reply #2597 on: Jun 21, 2013 10:49 pm »

Not even to pull an object into their hands or something? Didn't Aang do that to his staff at one point? Eh, I can't remember. But I'm re-watching the series along side the Douge Walker vlog reviews. I'm definitely going to keep my eye out for that.

Gyatso is Boss
Untethered

« Reply #2598 on: Jun 21, 2013 10:51 pm »

I know. Personally, I don't want them to have suffocation.  Hence why I don't like bloodbending, it seems like the cowards way out. It's a disgrace to Waterbending, IMO.
Loopy
Untethered

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #2599 on: Jun 21, 2013 10:52 pm »

Not even to pull an object into their hands or something? Didn't Aang do that to his staff at one point? Eh, I can't remember. But I'm re-watching the series along side the Douge Walker vlog reviews. I'm definitely going to keep my eye out for that.

I figured that was just a localized gust of wind, like how he spun the marbles. But, even if we say it was a quick vacuum that only sucked in one direction, sustaining a vacuum in someone's lungs long enough for them to die is way more advanced, and I'm not even sure how that would map to a martial arts move.

I know. Personally, I don't want them to have suffocation.  Hence why I don't like bloodbending, it seems like the cowards way out. It's a disgrace to Waterbending, IMO.

Ah, a warrior with honor. Cool

by Maivry
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: