Nov 20, 2017 12:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Avatar MMORPG  (Read 38617 times)
Ali Khan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Feb 19, 2007 03:17 pm »

A 'Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game' set in the universe of the Avatat would be fantastic!

If you don't know what an MMORPG is, it's like Runescape, or World of Warcraft.

Imagine that you could start by being born into the Water Tribes, Earth kingdom, Fire Nation or Air Nomads and you could progress by travelling the world, challenging other players to Agni Kais, starting Cabbage Businesses, exploring Ba Sing Se etc...

A good MMORPG requires the creation of a giant, rich and detailed universe and i feel Avatar fits this perfectly.

Am I right?
Jak15
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"Del male non fare e paura non avere"

« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2007 03:26 pm »

I was thinking about this to.  But they would need to nab a good developer and a good publisher.  I'm a pretty big Video game geek.  One of my past times along with watching cartoons, and going to the gym.  If they could do it right it would probably be a very good MMO.

avapat707
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2007 03:34 pm »

I think it would be great if they could make a game like this.  Getting to travel the avatar world and finding masters to help you master your element. And getting money to buy thing like food, shelter and cool avatar clothes.  That would be awesome.  They should include an earth rumble 6 thing into here where you get to battle other people and win game money.

sig made by breanna of the water tribe
Keeper of Pakku's mad waterbending skills
TheRedspirit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Waaaaaah?

« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2007 03:44 pm »

|You are right

Ive been mulling ideas in my head for a looong time about this no balls to come out though

I devised a fair and fun system for combat.

CUSTOM BENDING SKILLS!

The principle is simple. You as a character level up. You can then increase your attributes as per these

Mass (How Much 'element' you can bend)
Bend (how much you can 'shape' the material)
Range (range of your damage area)

So lets say your an water bender and had
Mass: 3
Bend: 12
range 4

You can only get a small amount of water and you have a range where you water is attackable. But you have a high bending power, so you can access the certain technique in a huge choice of bending moves,  which are small, short range but very complicated, lets say a ice dagger (2 for shape of dagger, 10 for turning into an 'ice state') or water whip ( 5 for making the shape, 2 for relative control, 5 for solidifying the whip end). More mass, the more you can make or the bigger you can make it, more bend you can make complex movements and precision (acces to high end techniques), range for where you can actively bend.

Lets say you want som e names stuff like :

Fire dagger
bending: 7
range: 2

The same technique can be 'powered up by having more mass (denser & stronger)'

Air scooter
Mass: 9
bending: 14
range: 5

Fire blade kick (zukos move in the crossroads)

Mass 15
bending: 8
range 20

Thunder bolt

Mass 6
bending 42
range : 32

Fire shot (red)

Mass 3
bending 5
range 8

fire shot (blue)

mass 3
bending 15
range 13

tidal wave (a la koizilla)
Mass 130
bending 100
range 110
(this is like that move that wipes out capital ships)

and so on.

ghoulardo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2007 04:03 pm »

Wow that would be epic! I knwo I would support it if they ever released it even if I jad to pay a fee to play. The one thing I must have in any MMORPG I play though is a pet. So as long as I have a pet like mo mo just a small lil fella' that is fun and could help me with basic things, or anything to a huge pet like appa or flopsy just to help me get around.

I would support a lvl min. to have a big pet though it would be kinda dumb if every newbie was flying around on a huge monster.

God is beautiful and he loves beauty.
Lei
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Apparently not.

« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2007 04:10 pm »

That would be AMAZING.
The canon characters could be NPCs...
Oh. It should take place after the war, because that would be great. Then there would probably be less tension between the Fire Nation and... everywhere else. And the airnomads would have to be like... totally repopulated.

Air Nomads could have the flying bison... and air gliders.
Waterbenders would be faster on water.
Earthbenders... well... faster on earth.
And firebenders...? Sucks for them. Tongue

What would you fight though? Badger moles? Wolf-bats? Hogmonkeys? soldiers? xDD

I draw! (golly!)
Keeper of Sokka's beard and Toph's discarded soles.
YingYang
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2007 04:14 pm »

An MMORPG? That would be awesome! I wish it was actually made...

Fire Starter
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"No mercy for the weak."

« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2007 04:44 pm »

whoa i was just about to make a thread like this.

we've seen lots of different areas that would make good dungeons

the great divide- a great expanse of land, if players entered while carrying restorative items such as food they would be attacked by canyon crawlers.

the swamp- a large swamp in the middle of the EK, characters would be able to visit the swamp village located in the swamp.
monsters in the swamp would include cat gators and a boss monster, the vine creature.

Jet's forest- players can visit the tree top village, home to the freedom fighters. monsters in the area would include feral hog monkeys.

the desert- the vast desert of the EK characters would be wise to stock up on restorative items at one of the outposts before venturing in, during the day the heat of the desert causes a steady decrease of HP.

wan shi tong's library- located in the large desert of the EK, the library would serve as sort of an FAQ area, characters would be able to research things about their class and get detailed maps, as well as quest items.
monsters in the library would include knowledge seekers, and a two stage fight against the boss wan shi tong in normal form and then in spirit owl dragon..form.

the serpent's pass- pretty much what it is in the show, a short cut for characters walking on foot, monsters in the area include the boss serpent.

cave of two lovers- serves as yet another shorcut/dungeon for characters. warriors or non firebenders would have to equip lanterns or torches, firebenders could use their flare skill to light the area.
monsters in hte ave include swarming wolf bats, and the higher level badger moles, who would use earth bending atacks against characters.

since the landscape is so huge i thought that they could make the mounts from the show into the game for respective nations.

ostritch horse for earth
that buffalo ox from the waterbending master for water
air bison for air
rhino or salamander for fire

i was thinking of those, but having some mounts fly might be unfair to other players so i was thinking that maybe the game could take place in a different time period, ostritch horses have been adopted by the different nations and have evolved over the generations.

-the earth variant would have heavy builds and stamina capable of crossing long stretches of rocky land common to the EK
-FN variant would be slimmer and tall, they would be able to walk across hot volcanic areas without being injured
-water variants would be covered in large feathers for warmth, they would have wide spread feet capable of walking across the snow of the north or south.
-air variant, slimmest and fastest variant with large amounts of stamina, only variant capable of living in the thin air of the mountain temples.

i figured that the races could all be fighting for dominance or world peace or whatever, whenever you make a kill you recieve one conquest point, for every thousand points you make one point that goes towards your nation's total..sort of like FFXI.

i sort of came up with a back story, it's kinda lame but meh
so the avatar was from the WT and traveled the world with his friend.
after mastering the elements the avatar ventured to a coastal location in the EK where a civil war was breaking out. the avatar went into the avatar state, ending the war by striking down hundreds of soldiers in a large earth whirlpool. after returning home he discovered his then friend, now wife was killed by bandits. enraged the avatar turned against the WT and an epic battle ensued, the four nations banded together and sealed the avatar in a state of suspended animation. ...then they dropped the avatar's body, encased in a rock tomb into a great volcano.

time passed and so did generations of people
left without an avatar the four nations were left divided and fell into a time of civil unrest....blah blah blah etc.

okay anyways, i was also thinking that benders could learn skills by buying or finding scrolls. each scroll has a basic technique on it.

so like, "water whip"
so the more times a character used the skill the more they would master it, after mastery the character would seek out the next scroll in the line, in htis case "double water whip" after mastering that they would seek out the third installment..let's say, "whip of the krakken" then "double whip of the krakken", the strongest technique in the water whip line.

other techs could be learned by seeking out NPC teachers, these teachers would send the players on quests to master advanced skills, or a second branch of bending such a lightning, ice or healing, or sand etc, only after learning these skills could a character utilize scrolls of sand bending or something.

there would be a diverse group of jobs, each would be open to all races, but they would all have distinct benefits based upon race.

archer, such as longshot, the youyans would use bows or crossbows.

ninjas/assassins such as mai

benders, straightforward, this would probably be the most common choice.

warriors-suki/sokka etc

rogues-Blue spirit/jet

explosives expert- like the rough rhinos dude
monks- like ty lee, monks use their hands or fists to fight.

each class would have sub groups, examples for benders would be like

novice>>apprentice>>bender>>master>>etc

or instead of going "master" a player could branch off and become a "sage" or "healer"

i also came up with htis idea of temples based off of the chakras.
there would be seven temples reflecting each chakra, coloured respectively.

everytime you complete a temple/defeat the boss spirit/recover an artifact you open a chakra gate, when all gates are open you gain trmendous stat boosts.

the spirit world would also play a large role
when a player dies, their bodies become ghostly and they are transported to hte spirit world, they must then run to hteir bodies to be regenerated, like Wow players in spirit form cannot fight and only spirits can see other characters in spirit form.
this would appear like in the solstice episodes where the character just looks ghostly.

the other form of the spirit world would be the kind aang sees when he visits Koh. the spirit world would be like a mirror version of the real world with twisted spirit beasts etc, notorious monsters would include evil hei bai, that large spirit wolf, dragons..even koh.

entering the spirit world would mean visiting the different temples at different times in game, players could reach the world through visiting rokus temple, or trough the spirit oasis, really any spiritual place.
it would be reccomended to go with a party as the spirit world would have strong monsters.

i'd really want the world to feel vast, so to get across the ocean players would have to go on large ferrys or construct their own ships. or rafts

FN characters would use irons hsips, WT rafts with waterbending etc etc.

i hate it in games when you wear clothes but your appearance doesn't change so all armours woul affect you apperance.

hair would also grow at a certain rate and characters would be able to cut it themselves in an editor..iff you've ever playyed FF:CC it'd be like the moogle hair cutting thing...basic but effective.

monsters would be so easy to make, platypus bears being strong ones.

notoriously strong monsters or BC mnonsters etc could include- serpent, unagi, mooselions, badgermoles, the swamp monster, dragons, hei bai..other spirit creatures, those lion turtles, mandril boars, goat..buffalos..you know.

bending is obviouslty a huge part of the game, it's unique so who would want a bunch of people using a technique that looks just like everyone elses?
characters would have the ability to chain together existing moves to create new exciting combinations.

so instead of pressing numerous hotkeys to get a chain of fluid moves players would assign a bunch of moves to one key, for example, instead of mashing the fireball key, players could assign fireball several times to a chain key, hten they'd just press it once to launch a bunch of fireblasts.
or like players would assign "water whip" to "X" and "ice shard" to "C" then by pressing "X" followed by "C" a charater would be able to form a whater whip that has frozen shards coming out of the sides for added damage"

if a palyer wants to make some money or share their knowledge wth others they could buy blank scrolls and save their best combos to them, then they could sell those uniquely named scrolls to other characters to share their techniques and become famous.

..those are all the ideas i have so far..sorry for spelling errors if i made them i sort of wrote this in a rush..  

Keeper of the Dai Li gauntlets
Jak15
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Feb 19, 2007 04:49 pm »

Lets just hope if they ever made one that there isn't any 40 man raids that take 5+ hours straight to complete ala World of Warcraft.

Fire Starter
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"No mercy for the weak."

« Reply #9 on: Feb 19, 2007 04:53 pm »

ooh and GM's could  be like pas avatars so instead of apearing as "GM whoever" they could appear to players as "Avatar Whoever"

Keeper of the Dai Li gauntlets
Kouji
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

neoshije@yahoo.com angeldarkwing666 neoshije
« Reply #10 on: Feb 19, 2007 06:01 pm »

I posted this Idea a while ago but it was quickly closed down. Im glad to see others have the same ideas.

avatar by me at www.dollwizard.com| No sig as of yet.
Anshinritsumai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Azula's Boyfriend

« Reply #11 on: Feb 19, 2007 09:56 pm »

Lets just hope if they ever made one that there isn't any 40 man raids that take 5+ hours straight to complete ala World of Warcraft.
Agreed. That's something that I don't enjoy (and i've been playing WoW for 3 years); that and the world of Avatar wouldn't have a need for one. Look at it, we haven't seen any large monsters or anything that would be considered raid worthy. Maybe the Serpent from "The Serpent's Pass" or the Unagi at Kyoshi Island, but that's about it so far.

I've been thinking of ideas for an Avatar MMO for a very long time now. I was thinking of an experience / skill based system of the original Star Wars Galaxies (current Star Wars Galaxies is utter crap compared to the old) where players are given a specific amount of skill points and multiple trees in which the points can be spent. Also with maybe a graphics engine that is sort of in-between that of World of Warcraft and Vanguard: Saga of Heroes; ie: a large and highly detailed open ended world like Vanguard, but also sports a large and rather unique gear, weapon, and bending collection like World of Warcraft.

Jak15
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Feb 19, 2007 10:25 pm »

Agreed. That's something that I don't enjoy (and i've been playing WoW for 3 years); that and the world of Avatar wouldn't have a need for one. Look at it, we haven't seen any large monsters or anything that would be considered raid worthy. Maybe the Serpent from "The Serpent's Pass" or the Unagi at Kyoshi Island, but that's about it so far.

I've been thinking of ideas for an Avatar MMO for a very long time now. I was thinking of an experience / skill based system of the original Star Wars Galaxies (current Star Wars Galaxies is utter crap compared to the old) where players are given a specific amount of skill points and multiple trees in which the points can be spent. Also with maybe a graphics engine that is sort of in-between that of World of Warcraft and Vanguard: Saga of Heroes; ie: a large and highly detailed open ended world like Vanguard, but also sports a large and rather unique gear, weapon, and bending collection like World of Warcraft.

I loved SWG, and I would love a Sandbox MMO.

Skill base system is the way to go.  You could use the 4 elements, but be able to drop what ever you want, and pick up a different bending. Or mix and match them, although it would kinda take away the lore by doing that.
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2007 10:28 pm by Jak15 » Logged

WaterTribe_Khai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Feb 20, 2007 12:44 am »

I'd love to see something like that. The character creation would have to be pretty sound though. That's one of the best things about the show- even the background characters are all different. It would be a huge undertaking, but.. I would love a real grand scale Avatar game, instead of the choppy half-baked thing from THQ we got. I'd love even a regular RPG, Final Fantasy style.

But my real wish is for a fighting game. Even if it's just 2D, the potential for moves, combos, fighting styles is so great, I think the Avatar universe is just begging for a fighting game... I'd play it. If I had that sort of talent, time and cash, I'd make it. Anyone ever play Guilty Gear or Darkstalkers? I could see the graphics being 2D like that, and that'd work because that's what the show looks like... Just as long as the controls were fluid and awesome.

But I'm just babbling, I'll shut up now.
milito87
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Feb 20, 2007 08:12 am »

Each member of each nation would grow differently from the others, favoring specific skills available to every character:

Earthbenders would have a balanced offense and defense
Firebenders would favor offense stats and bending (taken from TheRedSpirit post) stats
Waterbenders would favor defense stats and counters
Airbenders would favor speed stats and dodging or agility stats

Each bender would have at their disposal all these stats but as I said each would favor a skill more than the others. Lets say that your character grew one level, and you have to choose a skill to increase. Your character is an airbender. You decide to increase his/hers defense. It would increase normally BUT if you choose instead speed or agility, that skill would increase doubled.
leebrown1990
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

leebrown1990@hotmail.co.uk
« Reply #15 on: Mar 02, 2007 02:24 pm »

some excellent ideas in here. im making an avatar RPG not MMO unfortunatley but an RPg all the same, and im looking for help. Any one up 4 it.

people im planning on making an avatar RPG, go to the thread at http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=4361.0

sig by sad panda-http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=3951.0
earthbender002
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Mar 03, 2007 12:25 am »

My idea for an MMO:-
Benders: maybe a slow leveling up experience, they have to work 2x harder to gain levels of experience. This will limit the 500 or so master benders from populating.
Health- as it stands for. Spirit- the amount of spiritual energy you possess the more powerful techniques you can use, also effects factors such as range and damage. Chi- your energy, it recharges very slowly during battle but during rest it recovers at a normal rate, there would be no way to increase regen unless you drink chi enhancing tea (like the tea in episode 21: The Avatar Spirit). The abilites would include an improved variant such as a basic waterwhip to grand level waterwhip, and you can further modify it by adding side effects such as with the water whip a freezing or ice burn effect.
Non-Benders: alot faster level gain, access to weapons dependant on nation.
Health- as it stands for. Skill- like spirit except more skill means more effective damage and access to more techniques and even exotic weaponry at higher skill levels. Energy- basically like chi except it only recharges during rest and depends on your physical health.
Dungeons:
The Sea Cave of the Northpole (evil seal turtles for level 1-5 tribe benders and warriors  Grin)
Old Ba Sing Se (epic level area with evil badger moles and crazy dai li  Tongue)
Eastern Air Temple (mid level area, special epic quest point.)
Ozai's Palace Raid (epic level, with fire nation army and four bosses possible.. including the feared circus freak Ty Lee, princess Azula, Mai the assassin and Ozai the Fire Lord  Cool)
Equipment:
Boomeranges, Staffs, Crossbow, etc.

Thats my idea I will add on!

Keeper of Haru's once Katara now Ty Lee statue!
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Mar 10, 2007 11:35 am »

I like the idea of an Avatar MMORPG.

Also you could get a bison and a lemour like Aang,when you start the game,if your an airbender and you can name them.

If your a waterbender you could get a Mongoose Dragon as Appa(so you could ride on the water),and a Polar Bear Dog as Momo.Also you could just have a boat or Canoe and just have a polar bear dog.

If your a earthbender you could get a Badgermole as Appa,and a Flying Boar as Momo.Or vice versa.

If your a firebender you could get a Komodo Rhino as Appa,and Reptile Bird as Momo.  Grin

wandering-dreamer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Appa fangirl!

« Reply #18 on: Mar 10, 2007 03:13 pm »

After reading this thread I actually think that would be an awesome idea for a game. So count me as one of t he supporters of a MMORPG.
airmaster22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Vice President of the Eastern Air Temple

« Reply #19 on: Mar 12, 2007 02:31 pm »

I totally supprot a MMORPG!!!!! I was thinking about this the other day!! This is a great idea!!!!

Proud supporter of Kataang, Sukka, Teoph, and Maiko!
Read my story, The Last Air Nomads at:
http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=4129.0
Icon from thelastairbendermovie.com
xSokkax
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

korraaa *____*

xx_axel@live.com EntwinedSilence
« Reply #20 on: Mar 13, 2007 07:19 pm »

Man, thats an awesome idea!

There are a LOT of Pokemon ones out there, so I wonder if any of those Pokemon fans are also fans of Avatar... Hehehe.

If they are, we could suggest it to them.

tsaktz55
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

THOU SHALT CRAP THY PANTS UPON THE COUNT OF THREE!

YesTitoOrNo
« Reply #21 on: Mar 15, 2007 03:44 am »

|You are right

Ive been mulling ideas in my head for a looong time about this no balls to come out though

I devised a fair and fun system for combat.

CUSTOM BENDING SKILLS!

The principle is simple. You as a character level up. You can then increase your attributes as per these

Mass (How Much 'element' you can bend)
Bend (how much you can 'shape' the material)
Range (range of your damage area)

So lets say your an water bender and had
Bend: 12
range 4

You can only get a small amount of water and you have a range where you water is attackable. But you have a high bending power, so you can access the certain technique in a huge choice of bending moves,  which are small, short range but very complicated, lets say a ice dagger (2 for shape of dagger, 10 for turning into an 'ice state') or water whip ( 5 for making the shape, 2 for relative control, 5 for solidifying the whip end). More mass, the more you can make or the bigger you can make it, more bend you can make complex movements and precision (acces to high end techniques), range for where you can actively bend.

Lets say you want som e names stuff like :

Fire dagger
bending: 7
range: 2

The same technique can be 'powered up by having more mass (denser & stronger)'

Air scooter
Mass: 9
bending: 14
range: 5

Fire blade kick (zukos move in the crossroads)

Mass 15
bending: 8
range 20

Thunder bolt

Mass 6
bending 42
range : 32

Fire shot (red)

Mass 3
bending 5
range 8

fire shot (blue)

mass 3
bending 15
range 13

tidal wave (a la koizilla)
Mass 130
bending 100
range 110
(this is like that move that wipes out capital ships)

and so on.

I agree w/ the leveling up, but I'd want the actual fighting to be action style, instead of getting a freakin dropdown list of things you can do. This would be AWESOME! Only one problem. PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME PAY FIFTY DOLLARS A MONTH FOR IT!

Dreagon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Mar 15, 2007 05:00 am »

I would want the levelling up thing to be like the one in Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. You have a number of stats you can use and which you use the most you level up with. And if you had 'level upped' in a skill like 10 times, you level up in your level and it would open more possibillities... Anyway I would soo buy this game  Grin
Gyatso the Waterbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Jul 19, 2007 03:59 pm »

If they made an avatar MMORPG it would be best to have like infinite chi or bending. Because in the show they fight like all day and are ok. But this sounds awesome. I'd play it right away whatever the cost

I will decide when Aang trains, and when he gets his butt kicked at Pai Sho - Monk Gyatso
Keeper of Gyatso's Air Tattoo
Keeper of Aang's Union with the Ocean Spirit
Keeper of Aang's new hair
Gyatso the Waterbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Jul 19, 2007 04:49 pm »

Also theyd need like a renown system. Renown is how popular you are. It would effect how NPC's would react to you, and what places you could go. I mean, it would be kind of odd if all the newbies went fight up to the fire lord's or earth king's throne.

I will decide when Aang trains, and when he gets his butt kicked at Pai Sho - Monk Gyatso
Keeper of Gyatso's Air Tattoo
Keeper of Aang's Union with the Ocean Spirit
Keeper of Aang's new hair
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: