Oct 22, 2019 11:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Last Air Nomads (PG - PG- 13) Updated Feburary 22, 2008!!  (Read 13968 times)
airmaster22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Vice President of the Eastern Air Temple

« on: Feb 15, 2007 06:04 pm »

Okay, here's a story I've been working on for a while now. It's about the remaining Air Nomads.

Disclaimer: I do not own Avatar The Last Airbender or any of the characters, nations, or locations of the show. I DO own all of the characters in this story, except for any of the Avatar The Last Airbender characters mentioned in this story. DO NOT use any of the characters in this story. Obviously, you may use any of the names if you want to. Just ask, and I will tell you what all the names mean. I DO NOT know the pronunciations of the names, so please don't ask.

So, this entire story is called The Last Air Nomads. It is a trilogy. There are three stories that make up the entire thing.

The Last Air Nomads                             
Book 1: The Last Air Temple                            Book 2: The Counterattack
Prologue
1- An Unexpected Reunion                              1- "We're Refugees now"
2- Exciting News                                           2- The Waterbending Orphans
3- Dinner Plans                                             3- The Legend of the Pressure Bender *Coming 1/26-31*
4- Storm Clouds are Gathering
5- A Deadly Encounter
6- Changes for the Worse
7- Forest Fire
8- Decisions For All (Parts 1 and 2)
9- Mountaintop Harvest (Parts 1, 2, and 3)
10 - Part 1: The Attack
        Part 2: New Discoveries
        Part 3: The Escape

I hope you enjoy the story.

Prologue

Sozin's War  started with the attack on the Southern Air Temple 100 years ago. Everyone there was killed. One of the last of those people to die was Monk Gyatso. Before he was killed, he gathered three carrier lemurs and attached a message warning the other three air temples of the Fire Nation's attack. One lemur went to the Northern Air Temple, one went to the Eastern Air Temple, and  one went to the Western Air Temple. By the time one lemur reached the Western Air Temple, it was too late. However, a few air benders escaped during the attack. The Eastern And Northern Air Temples received the messages at the same time.
   That same night, the Northern Air Temple was attacked. Some died, but most escaped. They flew southeast to Ba Sing Se, where they camped on a mountain in the Ba Sing Se Agrarian zone. The next day, they flew  to the Eastern Air Temple. Some air benders there  flew south to a mountain where they carved out a large chamber. On the way back to the Eastern Air Temple, they spotted the Fire Nation heading toward one of the mountains that housed the temple.  They alerted the temple's residents of the approaching threat, and they all started to leave on their Sky Bison. As they left, the attack began. Some stayed and fought, and the temple suffered some damages.
   Most continued toward the mountain. They stayed in the chamber with their Sky Bison for two days. After that, they got out. They decided to  build a new temple in that mountain. That mountain became they main mountain of the temple. Meanwhile, some airbenders  traveled around and gathered  many of the Eastern and Southern Air Nomads. All the surviving Air Nomads lived in the new temple. They built the female quarters on the mountain on one side of the main temple, and the male quarters on the mountain on the other side of the temple. On two smaller mountains they built meditating areas. The entire temple was based off the other temples in order to make the residents feel more at home. Some structures of the new temple were exact duplicates of structures from the other temples. For 100 years, the airbenders lived secretly in the new temple  in peace and harmony. They continued the Air Nomad legacy in the Eastern Air Nomad territory.

The next chapter should be up soon!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008 05:16 pm by airmaster22 » Logged

Proud supporter of Kataang, Sukka, Teoph, and Maiko!
Read my story, The Last Air Nomads at:
http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=4129.0
Icon from thelastairbendermovie.com
Sora
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2007 12:45 am »

Holy cripes dat good!!! Write more please!!!!
airmaster22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2007 10:47 am »

Sora: Yay!! A reply! Thanks!! I've been working for months on finding names, designing the temple, researching the Air Nomads,  and designing the characters.I hope you like the first chapter! Here it is. By the way, I am going to post up some character profiles so you can get a better understanding of the characters,

Year 100 of Sozin's War

Chapter 1: An Unexpected Reunion

Sora woke up to the bright sunlight shining through the windows of her room. She opened her eyes to see the Air Nomad insignia on the ceiling of her bedroom. She stood up, yawned, and stretched her arms. Quickly, she got changed out of her pajamas and into a more casual version of the orange and yellow airbender robes. She heard a soft knocking on her door, and already knew who it was. She opened the door to see Nodoka, one of her best friends dressed in a similar outfit.
   "Good morning, Nodoka," Sora said happily. Nodoka  was the quietest and shyest girl Sora knew. Being so quiet was a good thing often, but sometimes it wasn't. She rarely stood up for herself, so sometimes people ended up making decisions for her. However, either way, she was the person Sora could trust the most.
   "They're serving breakfast in the dining hall in a few minutes. Let's go!" Nodoka said quietly.
   Sora quickly grabbed her glider and rushed out the door of her room with Nodoka. A few little girls ran around the halls of the tower where she lived. Sora and Nodoka ran down five flights of stairs to the bottom floor. When they got to the lobby, they saw Komayaka practicing her acrobatic skills and talking to another girl, Amatsu.
    Komayaka was 15, like Sora and Nodoka, but she was very friendly and bubbly. Sometimes, she acted like an airhead, but she was a great person to be around who could always make you happy. Well, that is, if she's not annoying you. Komayaka was very flexible and was an amazing gymnast. She was a lot more flexible than most airbenders.
   " Isn't Tenkuu so cute?" Komayaka said happily. "I wish he would talk to me! I mean, what isn't there to like about me? I'm fun to be around, right?"
   "Sure!" Amatsu agreed just to make Komayaka happy. Amatsu was, like the other girls, 15. She was laid back, kind, and always seemed to be happy. She was a lot different than the other girls, though. While most Air Nomad girls had bark brown hair, she had beautiful, flowing platinum blonde hair. Amatsu was very spiritual, and with her beautiful gray eyes, pale skin, and long platinum blonde hair, she seemed like the air itself. Her great-great grandmother was one of the few air benders that escaped the Western Air Temple during its attack.  Amatsu was one of the last Western Air Nomads.
   She started laughing and said, "Maybe he's shy!"
   "Why would he be shy around girls?" Komayaka protested, still practicing her gymnastic skills. "He is SO cute!!! Cute guys aren't shy around girls! Hey Sora!!! Hey Nodoka!!!"
   Sora responded, "Good morning, girls! Are you on the way to the dining hall?"
   "Yup!!!" Komayaka responded. "Maybe Tenkuu will be there!!!!!"
   "You're obsessed , Komayaka!" Sora said while walking with her friends out of the tower and toward the dining hall. "Mmmmm......!! I can already smell the delicious, fresh bread rolls and fruit!! Hey, I think I smell..... Dumplings!!!! Sister Itamae must have made some this morning!! Let's go before they run out!!!"
   All four girls used their airbending to run at full speed. They didn't pay attention to anything except the dining hall. Right when she was just outside the dining hall, she crashed into someone about to walk into the building. Sora knocked the person over and ended up on top of them.
    She looked up to see who it was: Aki, a childhood friend of Sora's. He was one of the youngest airbenders to master the element. He mastered it when he was 14, which was one year after Sora, who mastered it when she was 13. He was the same age as Sora. Sora blushed, quickly got off of Aki, and stood up. He did the same. They both rubbed their foreheads in pain. All three of Sora's friends started laughing.
   "I'm really sorry, Aki!" Sora said, obviously embarrassed. "I was just hurrying to..."
   "To get some of Sister Itamae's famous dumplings?" Aki guessed laughing.
   Sora nodded, still blushing.
   "It's okay, princess," Aki said with a smile. "Who could resist Sister Itamae's delicious dumplings?"
   Princess- that brought back memories. That nickname was started by Aki when they were really little. The name started when Sora's parents became part of the head Sisters and Monks. Sora's mother, Sister Ama, was part of the top five Head Air Sisters, and Sora's father, Monk Souryu, was part of the top five Head Air Monks. Sora never really liked the name because she didn't want to be thought of as above anyone. However, Sora always blushed and smiled when Aki called her that. This time was no different.
   "Well, I'll see you around," Aki said as he walked into the dining hall.
   "Now that has got to be embarrassing !!" Komayaka said laughing.
   " She's right, princess!!" Amatsu said giggling. " You don't blush when I say it!"
   Sora rolled her eyes and led her friends into the dining hall. She had completely forgotten about Aki. It had been so long since she had seen him. Why hadn't she visited him? And one more question: Why didn't she ever realize how handsome Aki was?

« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2007 01:46 pm by airmaster22 » Logged

airmaster22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2007 04:09 pm »

Wah!!!! No replies!!! Where are you people!!!!!! Please!!!!!

Anyway, here is the first set of character bios!!!!! Oh, and for the reference, there are 36 levels of airbending.

Characters - Chapter 1

Sora
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Gray
Name Meaning: Sky (Japanese)
Airbending Level: Master
Ancestors: Eastern Air Sisters and Northern Air Monks
   Sora was the youngest female to ever master airbending. After passing through the thirty-sixth level of airbending and inventing the Air Fist, the Air Table, and the "Walking on Air" form at 13, she earned her tattoos. Sora is a very intelligent girl who has a lot of friends. She is kind, polite, and will stand up for what she believes in. Sora thinks that everyone is equal and that no one person is above another. One quality of Sora that is sometimes good and sometimes bad is that she strives for perfection. Both of Sora's parents are master airbenders, and her mother is part of the Head Air Sisters, while her father is part of the Head Air Monks. She takes a lot of pride in her Air Nomad culture and would do many things for her people. Sora hopes that someday, after the war, the airbenders can return to the original air temples. Sora is one of the greatest airbenders in the world. She is very powerful and flexible. Sora has a very useful talent: Chi-blocking. It is a rare practice where she hits pressure points and disables a person's bending, or just disables their limbs.

Nodoka
Name Meaning: Quiet (Japanese)
Airbending Level: 31
Ancestors: Eastern Air Sisters and Eastern Air Nomads
   Nodoka is a quiet, shy, and unsure girl. Often times, she doesn't stand up for herself. Her incontinence is often her downfall in real life and in fighting. In normal life, she misses a lot of great opportunities. In fighting, she doesn't use powerful moves that can help her win the battle because she does not believe she can. It is often Sora who must persuade Nodoka to do fun things.

Komayaka
Name Meaning: Friendly (Japanese)
Airbending Level: 34
Ancestors: Eastern Air Sisters and Northern Air Nomads
   Komayaka is a bubbly and friendly girl. She is always happy, but is sometimes a little ditzy. Komayaka is a great airbender, but she is an even  greater gymnast and acrobat. She uses her airbending abilities to make her acrobatics even more amazing. Her flexibility and gymnastics skills, along with her airbending, make her tough to beat in a battle. Komayaka always seems to find fun in a situation sometimes thinks the world is safer than it really. That is why Sora and her other friends often need to give her a reality check.

Amatsu
Hair Color: Platinum Blonde
Name Meaning: Heavenly (Japanese)
Airbending Level: 32
Ancestors: Western Air Sisters, Western Air Nomads
   Amatsu is a kind girl who is always happy. She is very spiritual and connected to air. Unlike most airbenders, Amatsu's natural hair color is platinum blonde. When she was born, Amatsu's mother noticed this unusual trait. It reminded her of the spirits and the air, which is why she named her Amatsu, meaning heavenly. Amatsu's mother died shortly after her daughter's birth. Amatsu's ancestors were from the Western Air Temple. She is one of the last Western airbenders.

Aki
Hair Color: Bald; formerly dark brown
Name Meaning: Autumn (Japanese)
Airbending Level: Master
Ancestors: Northern Air Monks, Northern Air Nomads
   Aki is a master airbender and a childhood friend of Sora. He became a master one year after Sora. Aki is friendly, confident, and polite. Unlike most Air Nomad boys, he usually never gets in trouble. Aki hasn't seen Sora in a couple years because he has been so busy with other things and has gotten more friends that are boys. Aki is a great person who would do anything to help his friends. Also, he has a secret crush on Sora.

I hope you guys enjoy these!!

kitahikaru
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Set By storm-of-insanity

« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2007 04:38 pm »

Awesomeness! You took Sora's name! lol But I love it!

Keeper of Kataang, Katara's Bravery Mark, and Aang's Sky Note to Katara
The Avatar's Daughters
airmaster22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2007 04:43 pm »

Yeah I noticed that after I found the name online! I was like woah that's the name of the girl in The Avatar's Daughter!! Sorry!! I found it on an English to Japanese dictionary online and it meant sky and that's what I wanted her name to mean!!!
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2010 09:07 pm by airmaster22 » Logged

kitahikaru
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Set By storm-of-insanity

« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2007 04:46 pm »

Really now? I use that an awful lot with my stories. I am beginning an actual story, all on my own, about two Japanese women, who find out they have mysterious powers to control night and day. It'll be up somewhere online someday!

Keeper of Kataang, Katara's Bravery Mark, and Aang's Sky Note to Katara
The Avatar's Daughters
how2airbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Advanced Fusionist

dvd77612
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2007 04:54 pm »

this is really good, i like the story, im getting to reading the first chapter, but i just thought id let you know i was reading it anyway, so yeah, keep it up!

o yeah! your a fellow "The Avatar's Daughter's" chat room-er! well anyway, good story, keep it up!

thanks to Hotaru for this awesome sig!

Keeper of the fat kid's inhibitions.
how2airbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Advanced Fusionist

dvd77612
« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2007 04:59 pm »

and btw, im adding this to my "to read" list along w/ "The Avatar's Daughters" and "The Legend Of The Blind Bandit"

farbo1176
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

what'choo looking at bub?

« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2007 03:58 pm »

WOW!!! this is really good! you do know thta aki is in the avatars daughters too right? well anyway SWEET story! i like where this is headed for aki and sora! AND THE BUBBLY ONE that starts with a k that i cant pronouce her name is alot like ty lee>

proud supporter of maiko,kataang,tokka,urszai,granpakku, rozin, tycest, and farbokka <3
airmaster22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2007 05:02 pm »

OMG!! Thank you for all the replies!!
farbo1176: I did base her off Ty Lee!!!! And Komayaka's name is pronounced KO-mI-ah-Kuh.

Chapter 2- Exciting News

Sora and her friends walked down a short hallway with high windows into an enormous room filled with long tables. On one side of the room was a long table with plates, bowls, cups, utensils, baskets, and enormous plates of food. It was the dining hall, where the residents of the temple ate most of their meals. It was also the place where the latest news and gossip were spread.
   Sora and her friends quickly ran over to the line at the food serving table. They grabbed their plates, bowls, and utensils.
   "Hey girls!!!" said a familiar voice.
   All of the girls turned to see their friend, Fuki. Fuki was a girl who lived at the temple. She hated to live her days with a set schedule. She would rather do what she felt like doing when she felt like doing it. That is why she sometimes disobeyed the sisters, and why she wasn't on as high of a level of airbending as she could be. She sometimes skipped her airbending lessons to play with the lemurs. Fuki was a true Air Nomad at heart, with an emphasis on NOMAD. She would rather travel the world than be an Air Sister.
   "Hi Fuki!" Komayaka said while Fuki got in line behind Amatsu. "Where were you this morning? You missed the funniest thing!!!! You see, Sora was running toward the dining ha...."
   "Yes, Komayaka, I hit Aki and fell on top of him. It wasn't that funny!!" Sora said, obviously annoyed, while scooping up some fruit salad into her bowl.
   "That does sound funny!!!" Fuki said, laughing.
   The girls continued walking down the line and getting food for breakfast.  At the end of the line was a large bowl with one lone dumpling on it. Komayaka ran full speed toward the bowl.
   " I'm going to get the last one!!" Komayaka said as she reached to grab the tasty treat.
   However, just as she was about to grab it, the dumpling was lifted up in a swirling air ball.
   "Huh?" Komayaka said, realizing that Sora had just used her cleverness to get the last treat. "Hey!!! No fair !! You used your air bending!!"
   "What can I say?" Sora said, taking  the dumpling out of the air ball and into her hand. " When life gives you air, airbend!"
   All of the girls started to laugh, not noticing the little six-year-old girl walking up to the bowl.
   "Oh no!!" the girl said sadly. "There are no more dumplings!!!"
   The girl was Tei. She was Sora's biggest fan. Well, not literally!!! Tei was adorable, impatient, and very little.
   Sora looked sympathetically at Tei and then said, "Here you go! You can have it, Tei."
   "Really?" Tei asked happily. "You're the best, Sora!"
   All five girls walked over to one of the long tables and sat next to each other. Two friends joined them a few minutes later. The girls were Migoto and Nobinobi. Migoto was, according to most of the boys at the temple, the most beautiful Air Nomad girl. The boys did crazy things to try and be her boyfriend. Migoto didn't want a boyfriend, though. She didn't need one.
   Nobinobi was a mellow, carefree, and laid back girl. Her motto was "go with the flow."   She never stressed herself out over the little things in life. She enjoyed relaxing and entertaining her pet flying lemur.
   "So, did you girls hear the news?" Migoto asked eagerly.
   Komayaka guessed, "You mean how Sora completely embarrassed herself in front of Aki today?"
   "WOULD YOU LET THAT GO ALREADY?" Sora yelled, angrily.
   "Sora," Nobinobi said, leaning back in her chair. "you gotta chill!! And, whatever you do, don't sweat the small stuff!!"
   " Nobinobi, there's no time for your Zen philosophy!" Migoto interrupted. "Rurousha is supposed to return to the temple today!!!"
   "Really?" Fuki asked eagerly. " We haven't seen her in over a month!!!"
   "It's good to know she survived!!" Nodoka said, worried. " She said she was going to travel around the Fire Nation this time!!"
   Rurousha- the biggest daredevil in the world!!! Rurousha was one year older than Sora and her friends, and she loved to travel. She stopped at the temple between her trips, when she got to see her friends and family. Rurousha was eager to see every place in the world. Her map shows that she has been pretty much everywhere in the world, including the Fire Nation, her latest trip.
   "Stop worrying, Nodoka!" Komayaka shouted. " She's a great fighter and is great at blending in!!! I mean, you think she made out of the Fire Nation okay, don't you Sora?"   
   "Umm, sure," Sora said nervously.
   "I warned her not to go to the Fire Nation, but she wouldn't listen!!" Nodoka said sadly. "I hope she's okay."
   " Nokdoka, I'm sure she's fine." Nobinobi said, picking up a bread roll and taking a bite.
   The truth is that Sora was lying. She knew Rurousha could always find a way out of her problems, but she wasn't even a master airbender yet. Rurousha had done some pretty stupid things and got out of them okay before, but going into the Fire Nation? That seemed too dangerous. Rurousha was pushing her luck. She was stubborn. She didn't listen to Nodoka, the sisters, the monks, her parents, or anyone else. She underestimated the ruthless firebenders. And the truth was, she made it out of the Fire Nation okay. But still, as you will soon learn, she should've listened to Nodoka.

Keep the replies coming, guys!!!!

farbo1176
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2007 05:36 pm »

SO GOOD!!! i cant read the next parts though! at least not for a week! only if the ship had computers*mumble mumble* but  anyway.... REALLY GOOD!!!!  KEEP GOING unless oyu want me to push you off your own cliffhanger!

proud supporter of maiko,kataang,tokka,urszai,granpakku, rozin, tycest, and farbokka <3
Sora
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2007 09:35 pm »

Man this is good! I'm so happy my name is in so many stories.
waterbending katara
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I LOVE HARRY POTTER!!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: Feb 17, 2007 10:23 pm »

this is so awsome plz write more

True Love.ZUTARA!!!
Keeper of Katara's outfit(all of it even her hair)
Who love's Harry Potter?  ME! ME! ME!
farbo1176
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Feb 17, 2007 11:09 pm »

yAY!!! im back! what did i miss?

Sora
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Feb 18, 2007 01:09 am »

nothin' much farbo
how2airbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Advanced Fusionist

dvd77612
« Reply #16 on: Feb 18, 2007 01:15 am »

AH! SO MANY NAMES! and they're all coming so fast too! o well, i only had to read this one twice to get everyone's names a personalities down pat! keep it up! i think its great!

farbo1176
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Feb 18, 2007 01:17 am »

awww man no more?Huh?  CNA YOU PLEASE PUT SOME UP TONIGHT!!!! even if its just a sentence im leaving on vacation tomarrow i wanna read some more before i go!

airmaster22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Feb 18, 2007 08:19 am »

I know there are a lot of names!!! That's why I put up the character profiles. You guys can either have the next chapter or the profiles today. I'm pretty sure you want the next chapter, so I'll get to work with that now. Farbo1176, check the story tonight!! I'm going to be at the store all day, so I'm not going to get back until the evening.  Oh, and I want predictions people!!!!

how2airbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Advanced Fusionist

dvd77612
« Reply #19 on: Feb 18, 2007 03:46 pm »

i predict that girl who's a daredevil to come back with scars all over her or something, yeah i know its a little violent but its what i think

airmaster22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Feb 18, 2007 05:00 pm »

Hi guys!! I'm back from the store and I'm working on the next chapter. It should be up soon!!! And your prediction is partly right, how2airbend.

katara24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avvie by Quadgirl. Yes, I am a Disney/Pixar nut.

« Reply #21 on: Feb 18, 2007 05:54 pm »

Is this a prediction: Aang will discover the Nomads' hiding place?

Trainer card by Oblivion. I'm a Psychic! Yay me!
Keeper of Katara's outfit in episode 214, Smellerbee's daggers, Jin's smile, and Longshot's ability to communicate to others without speaking
airmaster22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Feb 18, 2007 07:55 pm »

Aang isn't going to appear. At least not in this story........... Wink
This is a long chapter. I hope you can read this farbo1176.
Thanks to all of my readers!!! You guys rock!!!

Chapter 3 - Dinner Plans

"Yes!!!! Sora 10, and Fuki 0!!" Sora shouted enthusiastically.   
   The girls had finished their lunch and were playing airball. Sora was winning, as usual. Fuki threw the ball up, and then smashed it toward Sora with an air blast. The ball hit 4 poles, and then Sora used an air blast to direct the ball back toward Fuki. It hit 5 poles this time, when Fuki used the air to direct it back toward Sora. It hit 7 poles, and then Sora used a massive air blast to send it right back toward  Suki,. The ball hit 5 poles again, and, because of it's speed, Fuki ducked as the ball went through the goal.
   "So, let's see, is it 31 to 0 now?" Sora asked happily.
   "No one can beat you!!" Fuki said, jumping of the tall pole in front of her goal.
   " I think I'll try!!!" said a familiar cheery voice.
   It was Mother Superior Kanshisha. She led the females living in the temple. She always tried hard to make sure that everyone , including the boys, chose the right path in life. She and Chief Monk Teishu were the greatest airbenders in the world.
   " Sure, I'll play a game against you!!" Sora said.
   " The youngest gets the first serve," Mother Superior said, throwing the ball to Sora.
   Sora threw the ball up, and smashed it toward her opponent with an air blast. It hit 7 poles, Mother Superior countered it, it hit 5 poles, Sora countered it, and the game kept going like this until Mother Superior finally hit it right through Sora's goal. The game continued, with Sora scoring some points, and Mother Superior scoring some points, until Mother Superior made her final 20 points, hitting it right through Sora's goal. The final score ended up being 96 to 100, with Mother Superior as the winner.
   " Good game!" Mother Superior said.
   "Thanks," Sora said, catching her breath. "You, too!"
   " Now it's time for your air bending lesson. Come now!" Mother Superior said, leading Sora away from her friends.
   Sora said to her friends, " I'll meet you guys by the Central Wall when I'm done! See ya!"
   "See ya!!" Sora's friends shouted back.
   Sora left, leaving her six friends alone.
   "I'm going to go look for Tenkuu!" Komayaka said, running toward the stairway built into the mountain.
   "I'll go meditate I guess," Amatsu said, flying away on her glider.
   "I'm going to go play with the lemurs!" Fuki said, heading toward a garden where many of the lemurs spent their time.
   "I'll go with you!!" Nobinobi said, running to Fuki.
   That left only Nodoka and Migoto.
   "So," Migoto said, trying to think of something to do. "You in the mood for a fruit smoothie?"
   "Sure!" Nodoka replied. " Let's go!!"
   Sora really wished she could be doing any of those things, because they were all a lot easier than fighting the two most powerful airbenders in the world, Mother Superior Kanshisha and Chief Monk Teishu. In order to win the battle, she need to be evasive, sly, quick, and perfect with her airbending forms.
   "The battle begins..." Chief Monk Teishu said.
   "Now!!" Mother Superior shouted.
   Sora quickly jumped up in the air, spun around, landed with her side to her opponents, and, with her foot on the ground, pushed it out toward the two. This caused an enormous air wave to came crashing toward them. Both of them quickly moved out of the way. Mother Superior quickly made an air vortex. It was about to suck Sora in, but she quickly jumped up in the air and, when she came down, smashed her staff into the ground. This caused huge, powerful air waves to go in every direction. Mother Superior lost control of the vortex, causing it to come apart in the air.
   The waves stopped, and Sora noticed  Chief Monk Teishu coming right toward her from the air. She used one hand to make a small air bubble, which sent out powerful air waves. The monk was sent the other way once he got near Sora because of the air waves. That was the open- palm pushback. Mother Superior jumped up and sent an air blast toward Sora. Sora  moved one hand counter-clockwise, making a barrier between her and Mother Superior. It blocked the air blast. This was the windmill barrier. The Chief Monk quickly ran toward Sora, grabbing a ton of air, and then gave a forceful shove. It sent him one way, and the air toward Sora. Sora made an air dome that protected her against the attack. This was the windmill dome.
   Both of her opponents were recovering briefly, so Sora took the opportunity. She quickly made an air ball and jumped on it, making the air scooter. She rode toward the wall of the roofless building, avoiding her opponents. She rode her scooter up the wall until she got to the top of it, where she disassembled the air ball and stood, staring at her opponents below. They ran over to the area under Sora. Sora jumped up, and she landed crouching down, one hand over each opponent. Out of her hand came air funnels filled with dust. These were dust tunnels. One dust funnel hit it's target, Mother Supeior, perfectly, forcing her to the ground. The funnel meant to hit Chief Monk Teishu only hit one shoulder, and he was still standing. In order to make the Chief Monk fall, Sora used her airbending to inhale as much air as possible, and then blew it all out at Chief Monk Teishu. This forced him to the ground.
   Sora quickly jumped off the wall, and mad an air blast cushion. That was to cushion Sora's landing, and to force her two opponents out of the way. She landed and both opponents tried to get up, but Sora quickly swung both of her arms clockwise  over the  ground. It was called the downdraft, and it caused both Mother Superior and Chief Monk Teishu. Sora focused her energy and quickly swung her arms around in many different directions until she finally sent out a very powerful air blast at Mother Superior. It forced her backward and she ended up against the wall. Sora ran toward Mother Superior at full speed dodging Mother Superior's small air blasts until she got  to Mother Superior. After  a couple of quick jabs from Sora, Mother Superior's chi was blocked and she fell to the ground.
   Now Sora had to beat Chief Monk Teishu.  She stared at him, and he stared at her. Sora quickly put her staff behind her, jumped up, and flipped over on her staff. While this happened, a huge air funnel came out of her foot. This forced the Chief Monk backward.  Sora then made an air vortex that sucked Teishu in, and then sent him toward a wall. Sora blocked his chi, and then made a final battle stance.
   "You have fought well, Sora," Mother Superior said.
    "You are an amazing air bender," Chief Monk Teishu said. "Now, will you restore our chi flow?"
   "Oh! Right," Sora said, using different jabs to reopen the chi paths. "Well, I have to go meet my friends, now!! I'll see you later!"
    Sora ran over a long set of stairs to the path on top of the Central Wall. She walked across it and then down another set of stairs to the enormous flight landing area where all the kids spent a lot of their time. Standing against the bottom of the wall were her six best friends.
   "Hey girls!!" Sora shouted toward her friends.
   "Oh- my- gosh- I- have- something- to- tell- you!!!" Komayaka said as if the two sentences were all one word.
   "What?" Sora asked.
   "Tenkuu asked me to eat lunch with him today!!!" Komayaka replied, excited. " Isn't that great???"
   "That's great!" Sora said, laughing. "But lunch? That's not really romantic or anything!"
   "Well, what do you consider romantic?" Komayaka asked, concerned.
   "Um, well, maybe dinner in the garden or something ?" Sora suggested.
   " Oh, well I'd love to tonight, but isn't it usually the boy that asks?" said Aki from behind Sora.
   "Oh, I was just suggesting a date for Tenkuu and Komayaka," Sora studdered, blushing.
   " So, is that a no to dinner in the garden tonight?" Aki asked, unsure.
   "Oh, um, well, I uh, I just  didn't mean like.." Sora continued to studder.
   "What she means is that tonight sounds great!" interrupted Amatsu. "She'll be there tonight!!"
   "I'll see you then," Aki said, leaving.
   "Amatsu, why did you?" Sora asked.
   "Never mind that!!!" Komayaka shouted. "It's lunchtime!!! Time to see Tenkuu!!!"
    All seven girls, with Komayaka in the lead, headed to the dining hall.
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2007 08:52 pm by airmaster22 » Logged

how2airbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Advanced Fusionist

dvd77612
« Reply #23 on: Feb 18, 2007 08:27 pm »

that was awesome! and the battle scene was perfectly described! although during the whole thing i kept accidentally picturing Aang instead of Sora doing all the fighting because...well he's the airbender we see most in the show, but still, it was great!

airmaster22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Feb 20, 2007 01:39 pm »

Okay, here's the next chapter. It's pretty long. I had a lot of fun writing this chapter. Thanks to how2airbend! I tried really hard to make the battle scene clear.

Chapter 4- Storm Clouds are Gathering

The girls ate their lunch in 20 minutes. It seemed like 20,000 minutes because Komayaka was flirting with Tenkuu the whole time. She completely ignored her friends and was talking a mile a minute. Tenkuu was trying to keep up with what she was saying until he completely tuned her out. Komayaka didn't notice at all because she was too busy talking....and talking and talking!! Just when Komayaka was REALLY getting on her friends' nerves, she finished eating. Thank Yagyuu!!!
   "Well, I got to go," Tenkuu said, trying to leave as quickly as possible.
   "Okay!" Komayaka said sadly. "We should do this again sometime!!"
   "Yeah," Tenkuu said, lying through his teeth. "That sounds great."
   Komayaka was too oblivious to notice this. Before he left, Komayaka ran over to him and kissed him on the cheek. He blushed and then said goodbye one more time. Komayaka was happy..... Happier than usually. And, trust me, when Komayaka is happier than usual, she is very happy.
    The girls walked outside, and toward a small building near the peak of the main mountain. It was after lunch, which meant it was time for the Air Nomad history class. This class was never taught before the war, but if the Air Nomad culture was to continue through the younger generations, they needed to understand their culture and their roots.
The girls walked into the building, and then into the a large room on the top floor. In the room were  boys and girls around the same age as Sora and her friends.
   On one wall was a world map. There were four rows of low-laying tables with two pillows for sitting  behind each desk. There were six tables in each row. In the front of the room was a larger desk for the class's teacher.
   Many kids were around the room, talking to their friends and fooling around.
   "Aikou!!" said Aijou angrily. "Give me my book back!!"
   Aikou and Aijou were both 14 and were twins. Aikou was a boy, and Aijou was a girl. Even though they were different genders, they looked a lot alike. The two fought a lot, but they would do anything to help the other. Right now, Aikou was using his air- bending to play monkey in the middle with his friend, Kassou.
   Tenkuu was in the back of the room with his friends Aki and Furai. Komayaka was about to run over to her crush, but her friends told her to sit in her seat because class was about to start. Sora sat in the front of the room next to Amatsu. Migoto and Nodoka sat next to them. Behind Sora and Amatsu were Nobinobi and Fuki. Komayaka and Keikoku, a 16 year old girl, sat in the second table in the first row. Keikoku was engaged to be married to a boy named Jicchoku.
   Suddenly, a small air tornado came into the room through the door. It landed on the teacher's desk and then disappeared. Aikou immediately gave the book back to Aijou, and everyone sat in their seats. The teacher, Monk Kouken, walked in.
   "Good afternoon, class," he said, bowing to them as the class bowed in response. "Today I will be quizzing you on Air Nomad history. The first question is : Who was the man that revealed the location of the air temples to Fire Lord Sozin?"
   Sora raised her hand very high. Monk Kouken chose her.
   "Afiko the Betrayer did," Sora answered.
   "Good," Monk Kouken said. "Who organized the mission for a group of female air benders to carve out a room in the mountain we are on right now?"
   Sora, once again, raised her hand and was chosen by Monk Kouken.
   "Sister Iio of the Eastern Air Temple did, sir," Sora answered.
   "Good," Monk Kouken said. "Sora, I already know that you know all of this, so please do not raise your hand."
   "Of course, Monk Kouken," Sora said, slightly embarrassed.
    Monk Kouken continued asking questions about the Air Nomad culture, and Sora looked out the window. It was no longer bright and sunny like before. The clouds weren't fluffy anymore. It looked like a storm was coming. Sora hated storms. Everyone had to stay inside of the towers where the bedrooms were. Other than that, Sora didn't really mind storms. All of her friends came into her room and they told stories, played Pai Sho, looked at Sora's clothes, and read the many airbending scrolls Sora owned. However, this meant that Sora couldn't eat dinner with Aki. She couldn't even see him, because the men and women lived on separate mountains. Something didn't seem right, though. Sora had an odd feeling. A chill went up her spine.
   Out of the blue, a streak of lightning shot through the sky. It hit a nearby mountain, causing a large chunk of stone to fall off the mountain. A few girls in the classroom screamed.
   "Oh, no," Monk Kouken mumbled. "Everyone leave the classroom!" Go to your towers, and quickly!! DO NOT glide to your tower. You could get hit by lightning in the air!"
   Everyone ran out of the building. Thunder started to roll. Lightning shot out of the sky in the distance. People were running toward their rooms. Out of nowhere, a stream of lightning came right toward the group of young adults running for their rooms. Sora quickly made the most powerful air dome that she could. The lightning hit the air dome, and was redirected to a nearby mountain.
   A group of little girls stood on a path, scared out of their minds by the lightning. Some of the teenage girls grabbed the little ones. Sora was in the back, making sure no girl was left behind. She ran, holding Tei's hand. She stepped over an unstable path, and it collapsed under her feet. Tei screamed. Sora held onto the stable part of the path with one hand, and held Tei in the other. Her hand was about to slip, when someone grabbed her hand and lifted her up. Sora looked to see that it was Aki.
   "Aki!!" Sora said, surprised. "Thank you, but you need to get to your tower!!!"
   Aki responded, "Well, we won't be able to go to dinner and I just wanted the chance to do this!"
   Aki pulled Sora close and softly kissed her on the lips. Sora stood there blushing, while Tei pretended to gag.
   "Now go!! I'll see you tomorrow!!" Aki said, leaving for his room.
   Sora quickly jumped over the gap in the path and ran to the tower where their rooms were.
   " There's your room!!" Sora said to Tei, pointing to a door on the second floor of the tower. "Oh, and don't forget to close your windows. Bye!!"
   Sora ran up to her room, stopping for air. She opened the door and walked in. Her six friends were waiting there. The wooden window shutters were closed on every window.
   "There you are!!!" Komayaka said, hugging Sora. "Where have you been?"
   "Yeah!!" Nodoka said. "We were worried something terrible happened!"
   "No, nothing terrible," Sora said, smiling. " The path just collapsed under my feet, but Aki helped me back up the path."
   "Oh, is that all that happened?" Amatsu asked.
   "Yeah!!" Fuki said. "You're leaving something out!"
   "Well, he kind of..." Sora started. "...kissed me."
   "On the cheek or on the lips?" Komayaka said, excited.
   "The lips," Sora responded, blushing.
   "Oh my gosh!!" Komayaka said.
   "Oooo!!!" Amatsu said. "Someone has a boyfriend!!"
   "Be quiet!" Sora said, smiling. "Hey, what was that noise?"
   Sora opened the shutters on one window to see a lone sky bison flying toward the temple. It landed on the main landing balcony on the mountain with the female rooms.
   "It's a sky bison!" Sora said. "It came from the west!"
   "Cool!!! Maybe it's Rurousha!!" said Komayaka.
   "I don't see anyone on it's back," Sora responded.
   "Well, let's go see !" Komayaka said, quietly opening the door.
   All six girls quietly snuck through the halls of the tower until they got to a hall built into the mountain. They got to the entrance of the female quarters in a different building. They ran out of the front door to the sky bison.
   "Hey, girl!!" Komayaka said, petting the bison's fur.
   Nodoka got onto the saddle and went through the things in the back to find a map. It had trails to everywhere on the map, including the Fire Nation, coming from the air temple.
   "This is Rurousha's map!" Nodoka said, pointing to the trail into the Fire Nation.
   "Then where is Rurousha?" Migoto asked.
   "Maybe her bison knows," Sora suggested.   
   "Then let's go find her!!!" Komayaka said, jumping into the saddle.
   "I'm going to get Kumo, just in case," Sora said, blowing into her bison whistle.
   Kumo was Sora's sky bison. Sora had a bison whistle with a specific sound to call her bison. Suddenly, a large sky bison landed in front of the girls.
   "Hey, girl!!!" Sora said, hugging her sky bison's nose. "Are you ready for a little trip?"
   The girls soured through the sky on the two bison. Sora was at the reigns for Kumo, with Nodoka, Amatsu, and Komayaka in the saddle. Fuki was at the reigns for Rurousha's sky bison, with Nobinobi and Migoto in the back. The storm was getting worse, and they had to dodge lightning on the way. All of the girls were soaked, and the mountain were getting shorter, and shorter. They started to become hills, and then it became a rocky forest. They two bison flew above the forest, until they saw a small clearing with the trees around it burnt. Rurousha's bison landed on the clearing, and Kumo followed. Sora  could see the shoreline in the distance.
   The clearing had leaves and pieces of wood on the ground, with a tree stump on one side. All of the trees around the clearing were burnt. In the center of the clearing was a horrific sight. Laying there was a girl with dark brown, gnarled hair, and ghost white skin. She had cuts, scrapes, and bruises everywhere. Her chest and her left shoulder were burned, as well a few parts of her right arm. It was Rurousha. Nobinobi put her middle finger and her ring finger on Rurousha's wrist.
   "She's dead," Nobinobi said, horrified.
   "She must have gotten hit by lightning!" Komayaka said, tears gathering in her eyes.
   "No," Sora said, looking at the environment. " If she got hit by lightning, her bison would've gotten injured, too. Besides, look at those footprints. I recognize them! They're the footprints of a Komodo Rhino, and those are the footprints of the traditional Fire Nation shoe. Firebenders were here. They killed her."
   "Look," Migoto said, picking up a scroll, half burnt. "It's says, ' Two weeks ago, a female with dark brown hair, gray eyes, and pale skin was seen airbending with a flying bison. I am offering 1,000 gold pieces for you to find and kill her. There can be no airbenders left or there might be a chance of their culture being saved. Observe the area where you find her for any people or anything you find suspicious.' It has the Fire Lord's seal. We aren't safe anymore."
   All of the girls just stood there and sobbed.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: