Sep 20, 2019 12:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Last Air Nomads (PG - PG- 13) Updated Feburary 22, 2008!!  (Read 13796 times)
how2airbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Advanced Fusionist

dvd77612
« Reply #25 on: Feb 20, 2007 03:34 pm »

poor Rurousha

thanks to Hotaru for this awesome sig!

Keeper of the fat kid's inhibitions.
airmaster22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Vice President of the Eastern Air Temple

« Reply #26 on: Feb 20, 2007 07:53 pm »

This next chapter is short, but is interesting.
how2airbend: Her death is sad, but she wouldn't listen to the people who loved her. She pushed her luck, but luck does run out.

Chapter 5 - A Deadly Encounter

Earlier in the Same Day

Rurousha was moving various items from the tree stump in the clearing to her Bison saddle.
   "Kyo, when we get back to the temple, everyone is going to be so happy!!" Rurousha said, petting her bison. "Wait until everyone sees these souvenirs from the Fire Nation. We'll be able to know so much more about them!!"
   Rurousha walked over to her sleeping bag, and put it in the storage area behind her saddle.
   "Hmmm.." Rurousha said, looking up at the sky. "It looks like a storm is coming. That's not good news."
   "Oh, poor little airbender!" said a snake-like voice that Rurousha did not recognize. "She isn't used to gloomy days! Oh, poor thing."
   Rurousha turned to see a terrible sight. There were three Komodo Rhinos, each with a person on them. One was a tall, fierce, middle-aged man. He had wrist and ankle bands with spikes on them. On the second rhino was a girl who looked around 13. She had dark brown hair in a bun, with some short hair that went to her shoulders. She looked very fierce, and had piercing gold eyes. She was the one with the snake-like voice. On the final rhino was a boy that looked 15. He had short dark brown hair with a topknot. He looked a little unsure compared to the other two.
   "Give up!" said the older man. "You can't possibly win! We know you're an air- bender!! They proved to be very weak when their culture was completely wiped out at the beginning of the war."
   "That's because you were using Sozin's comet to make your firebending more powerful." Rurousha responded, showing no fear. "The firebenders also had the element of surprise."
   "As do we," the girl said, jumping off of her rhino and unleashing a long stream of flames.
   Rurousha gasped, unprepared. She started to make an air dome, but it wasn't powerful enough. The dome protected Rurousha, even though some sparks got through and burnt her arm. The shot of flames forced Rurousha to fall backward. Suddenly, a blade came toward Rurousha and cut part of her arm. She screamed in pain. Rurousha started to swing her arms around to make a downdraft, but her left arm hit a tree as she swung it around. Her entire left arm was scraped. Another shot of flames came toward Rurousha from the Fire Nation girl, and she quickly spun around to dodge the flames. The flames hit the tree, causing it to go on fire.
   The older man threw another blade. Rurousha dodged this one. Out of the blue, something landed next to Rurousha. It was cylinder shaped and had a fuse that was burning. An explosive!! It exploded, and many sparks hit Rurousha, causing more burns on her skin and clothes. Another explosive was thrown by the younger boy, and Rurousha kicked it. At the same time, two twin fire daggers were thrown at her. She dodged one, but the other hit her left shoulder. The pain was horrific; it was like 1,000 daggers being plunged through her skin. Another blade was thrown at her. This one hit her in the cheek. It was a terrible pain. The pain all over her body was becoming unbearable. Two arrows came right toward Rurousha. These came from the younger boy. One arrow sliced right through her orange cape, ripping part of the cape off.
   Yet another blade was thrown toward her. Rurousha made an air shield, but  the blade tore right through it. It went through Rurousha's shirt sleeve, and the blade continued through the air until it hit a tree. Rurousha was stuck to that tree, and it was on fire. The Fire Nation girl concentrated, moved her hands in different directions, and then, with great force, unleashed the most powerful fire blast Rurousha had ever seen. Rurousha pulled free from the tree, but it was too late. The flames hit everywhere from her neck to her stomach. Rurousha stumbled around, trying to keep balance, but eventually collapsed in front of the Fire Nation bounty hunters.
   Rurousha felt a drop of water land on her head. More and more drops came. It started to drizzle. Kyo was gone. She was nowhere to be seen. The pain was terrible. Rurousha was barely conscious. But she could hear the people talking around her.
   "Look at those!" the girl said, pointing to the Fire Nation souvenirs. "I bet those would be worth a lot back home!"
   "You're right, Kasai!" said the older man. "I always knew my daughter would inherit my sense to find a chance to make money."
   "Why would you need to sell things?" the younger boy asked. "You've never had a problem with stealing money from or killing innocent people."
   "We're bounty hunters," the older man said. "We hunt down people and sometimes kill them for a living. Once the person is dead, the belongings need to go to someone, so we take them as a reward for helping the Fire Lord. You better watch your mouth, Aigyou!! I really don't want to have to kill you!"
   " You had no problem with killing mom and Mabui!!" Aigyou said, holding back tears.
   "Shut-up!!" said the older man.
   "Dad!!" said Kasai. "I got all these valuables!! Let's get out of here!!"
   " The Fire Lord says I have to observe this area, so lets just look around," the man said, reading a scroll.
   All three got onto their rhinos and rode away. The man put the scroll in a pocket on the saddle of his rhino. However, the scroll fell out into a fire next to a tree. The man did not notice. The rain became powerful. It put out the fire. The scroll was on the ground, half-burnt.
   Rurousha lay there in horrible pain. She had to hold on. She had to be strong. She couldn't, though. She relaxed and.... let herself go.

Proud supporter of Kataang, Sukka, Teoph, and Maiko!
Read my story, The Last Air Nomads at:
http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=4129.0
Icon from thelastairbendermovie.com
how2airbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Advanced Fusionist

dvd77612
« Reply #27 on: Feb 20, 2007 08:25 pm »

action action action! ha, good chapter, keep it up!

Sora
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: Feb 21, 2007 12:14 am »

Oh please write more!!! *waits patiently*
waterbending katara
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I LOVE HARRY POTTER!!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: Feb 21, 2007 11:53 pm »

so cool.

True Love.ZUTARA!!!
Keeper of Katara's outfit(all of it even her hair)
Who love's Harry Potter?  ME! ME! ME!
airmaster22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Feb 22, 2007 12:34 pm »

Next chapter!! Sorry I couldn't post anything yesterday!! My dad wouldn't let me on the computer.  Angry

Thanks to all my fans!!! You guys rock!!!

Chapter 6 - Changes For The Worse

Back to the Present    

All of the girls got off of the two bison at the temple. They were soaking wet and their ears and cheeks were red.
   "Kumo, go take Kyo to the Sky Bison Stables," Sora told her bison.
   Kumo and Kyo took off into the air to the main mountain. As they flew away though, something flew out of Sora's bedroom window. It landed on Sora's shoulder, and it was eating an apple. The creature was Sora's flying lemur, Ringo. He was very mischievous.    
   "Hey, Ringo," Sora said unenthusiastically. "How have you been?"
   Sora scratched his chin, and walked toward the main entrance of the temple with her friends. She used her airbending to open the enormous air lock door. She walked into the large structure, leading her friends through the hall and closing the door. There were air waves painted on the bottom half of the walls, and the Air Nomad insignia was painted repeatedly on the floor and ceiling.
   Finally, they got to a large room with a high ceiling. This was the main lobby of the temple. It was a circular room with beautiful paintings and mosaics of the Air Nomads painted on the wall. Small statues of famous Air Monks and Sisters were displayed all over the room. Fountains and plant were also scattered around the room.
In the center of the room was a large statue of a Bison holding the orb of wisdom. The statue was made of white marble, and the large orb was made of brilliant diamond and crystal. The floor had a large swirl on it,  swirling to the center of the room. It was a beautiful sight, but the seven girls had no time to waste.
   The Air Monks and Sisters stood around the room. When the girls walked in, they all looked toward their direction. They immediately noticed that the girls were soaking wet.
   "Girls!" scolded Sister Shisaku. " We told everyone to stay indoors!!! You of all people should know that!! What have you come here for?"
   "We're sorry that we left our rooms," Sora said calmly, trying to sound as adult-like as possible. "but we have very important news."
   "We're listening," said Sister Ama, Sora's mother.
   "During the storm, Rurousha's bison landed at the temple," Sora started. "and Rurosusha wasn't with her.
   "So we went outside and called Kumo, Sora's bison," Nodoka continued. " We figured that Rurousha's bison knew where Rurousha was, so some of us got on Kumo, and some of us got onto Rurousha's bison."
   "Her bison led us to a clearing in the coastal forest," Komayaka said, much calmer than usual. " The trees around the clearing were burnt. There we found Rurousha cut, scraped, and burned. She was dead."
   The monks and sisters gasped, horrified.
   "We found a lot of evidence that there was a battle there," Fuki said.
   "That included Fire Nation blades and knives stuck to trees," Migoto continued. "We found Fire Nation footprints and Komodo Rhino footprints around where she was dead. We also found this. It's a scroll with the Fire Nation insignia on it. It's half- burnt, but you can read most of it."
   Chief Monk Teishu grabbed the scroll and read it. He gasped and looked up at the girls and the other monks and sisters.
   "The Fire Nation is on our shores," he announced to everyone in the room. "Our temple could easily be exposed. We have to make an important decision tomorrow. Girls, go back to your rooms. It's getting late."
   Sora and her friends listened to the chief monk and walked to the tower where they lived. Before they went to bed, they all took baths and dried off. They all changed into their pajamas.
   "You know that everything is going to change now, don't you?" Migoto asked all the girls.
   "Yeah," Sora said, sighing. "And it's not changing for the better."
   Sora sat on her bed. All of the girls had their sleeping bags around the room. The decided that they would all sleep in Sora's room for the night. They were all mortified by what had just happened, and they were less afraid if they were around each other. Sora had the biggest room, so they chose to stay in her room.
   "What if the Fire Nation finds us?" Amatsu asked, looking up at the ceiling.
   "We could fight," Sora suggested. "Or we could leave."
   "Leave home?" Nodoka asked. "Where would we go?"
   "Maybe another air temple," Sora said. "Or maybe Ba Sing Se."
   "I don't want to leave home," Fuki said. "I want everything to stay the same."
   "So do I," Sora said sadly. "So do I....."
   All of the girls fell fast asleep. Sora had nightmares about the Fire Nation. She dreamed that they would do to her and her people what they did to Rurousha. Then she dreamed of the Fire Nation attacks on the Western and Southern Air Temples. She saw how horrible they were. They killed innocent people. She then had an odd dream. She saw an air nomad boy's eyes and tattoos light up in what looked like a cave. He continued to rise toward the ceiling until something terrible happened. A bolt of lightning struck him in the back. Sora realized that this was the avatar. Then she saw a fierce-looking Fire Nation girl grinning with her arm extended outward. Smoke was coming from her fingers, and Sora figured that she made the lightning. Then, she woke up.
   "You're finally up!" said Komayaka. "We've been waiting for you to wake up!"
   Sora looked up and saw that all of the girls had already put their sleeping bags back, they were dressed in their outfits for the day, and were eating breakfast.
   "We got you breakfast," Amatsu said happily.
   "Oh, and we grabbed you the last fruit pie!" Komayaka announced.
   "Thanks!" Sora said, taking a bite out of a peach.
   Fuki added, "Oh! And by the way, the monks and sisters are making the big Fire Nation announcement on the plaza under the central wall in 20 minutes, so hurry up!!"
   Sora quickly ate all of her breakfast, and changed in her closet. She wore an orange cape with a hood., a yellow dress that ended before her knees with and orange sash, and tight brown pants with dark brown boots. The dress had long sleeves, and the lower half of the sleeves were dark brown. Her hair was pulled back.
   She walked to the main plaza with her friends. Many other people were gathered there. It was very busy. Sora led her friends to the front of the crowd. The Five Head Air Monks and Five Head Air Sisters sat on stools in front of the central wall. They all had the same blank, serious expression.
   "Sora," said Mother Superior Kanshisha. "Please quiet the crowd so we can make the announcement."
   "Of course!" Sora responded.
   She ran over to the right side of the wall. Coming out of the bottom of the wall was an extended opening. Above it at the top of the wall was a similar opening. Sora air bended a powerful gust of air into the bottom funnel. A loud noise came out of the top funnel. Everyone was quiet. Sora ran back over to her friends, and the two  chief leaders of the Air Nomads, Chief Monk Teishu and Monther Superior Kanshisha, started to talk.
   "My people," Chief Monk Teishu started, addressing the crowd. "it is my solemn responsibility to announce the worst news our people have heard in 100 years."
   "The Fire Nation has landed on our shores," Mother Superior Kanshisha announced, ignoring the worried whispers in the crowd. "They have killed a friend of all of us, Rurousha in the coastal forest. According to a scroll found on the scene of her death, the bounty hunters who found her must observe the area. If they find our temple, we will all be in danger."
   "Luckily," continued Chief Monk Teishu. " it only sounds like a few Fire Nation warriors are on our territory. However, we must be a lot less loud as usual. We don't want to give away our location. No bison can leave the stables, and no lemur can leave the temple. Guards will be chosen to keep the bison from getting out. Also, no one can do any airbending moves that make noise, such as the Shrieking Wind move."
   "If they find us," Mother Superior said. "We will travel north to the Eastern Air Temple. That is only if an army finds us, though. If only a few find us, we'll stay and fight."
   "I have more news," the Chief Monk said, frowning. "I had a vision last night. I saw the avatar in the avatar state, but he got hit by lightning. The lightning was made by the Fire Nation's current princess, Azula. Luckily, a water tribe girl used healing water to save him. The avatar is very weak, though. There is more bad news. The Fire Nation has taken over Ba Sing Se, therefore taking over the entire Earth Kingdom. I understand that these are dark times, but we must stay strong. Thank you for listening."
   Everyone started to talk to each other. Little girls and boys looked mortified. Sora and her friends tried to comfort them. Sora's mind was on other things, though. She has the same vision as the Chief Monk. It wasn't just a dream, that really happened.
   "Sora!" shouted Sister Ama. "Go to your room and change into your traditional Air Sister robes. In 20 minutes, come to the Air Sister meditation chamber to make a decision about our people."
   "Of course!" Sora said, excited.
   Sora couldn't believe it!! She was going to make a decision for the entire temple, and she was only 15!!! She ran as quickly as she could to her room.

ZukoxKatara4ever
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Sing Lacey! Sing!

« Reply #31 on: Feb 22, 2007 12:39 pm »

This is good!!!!!! I THINK YOU SHOULD WRITE MOREREERREERER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how2airbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Advanced Fusionist

dvd77612
« Reply #32 on: Feb 22, 2007 07:37 pm »

that was an AWESOME chapter, keep it up!

Sora
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: Feb 22, 2007 08:17 pm »

AWESOMENESS!!!!!! can we have more please.
how2airbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Advanced Fusionist

dvd77612
« Reply #34 on: Feb 22, 2007 09:58 pm »

yes i agree with sora, another helping of this story's awesomeness would be good for us, and maybe another and another and another and another and another and another too, maybe even more

Sora
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: Feb 22, 2007 11:18 pm »

LOTS MORE!!!!!!
waterbending katara
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Feb 23, 2007 01:08 am »

so cool i was just wonder ing but how do you pronounce Rurousha. and i thought u saqid aang watent going to be in the show.

True Love.ZUTARA!!!
airmaster22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: Feb 23, 2007 09:02 am »

I meant he wasn't going to be a character with a part in the fic. I said he would be mentioned. I can't write another chapter today. I have to write for my other fic. I promised them!  :'(

waterbending katara
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: Feb 23, 2007 07:25 pm »

oh srry i must have missed that part

True Love.ZUTARA!!!
farbo1176
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

what'choo looking at bub?

« Reply #39 on: Feb 24, 2007 01:58 pm »

IM BACK!!! i caught up! SO GOOD!!!!! put more up tonight please! by the way is thtere any differances between the bisons or do they all look the same?

proud supporter of maiko,kataang,tokka,urszai,granpakku, rozin, tycest, and farbokka <3
how2airbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Advanced Fusionist

dvd77612
« Reply #40 on: Feb 24, 2007 07:15 pm »

more more more!

airmaster22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: Feb 24, 2007 08:44 pm »

All the bison look the same. I can't put any more of the story until.....maybe tomorrow..maybe.  Sorry..... I've been busy lately!! Sorry again! :'(

farbo1176
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: Feb 24, 2007 09:03 pm »

no prob! a writer needs time to relax too! you dont need to say sorry!

proud supporter of maiko,kataang,tokka,urszai,granpakku, rozin, tycest, and farbokka <3
aldericon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Katara is a water-bending princess.

« Reply #43 on: Feb 25, 2007 09:45 am »

Can't wait till read more!

When life gives you water, use water bending.

Keeper of Katara's smartness, Sokka's wit, and Aang's blush.

https://siena.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cO0aTTaLMKmIBYV
theknockout
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #44 on: Mar 01, 2007 05:23 pm »

i like this story its pretty good. will sora meet aang sometime? i think it would be awsome if she joined the gang that would make an awsome story even better
how2airbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Advanced Fusionist

dvd77612
« Reply #45 on: Mar 04, 2007 01:03 pm »

no, shes already told us that aang wont come up in this story

farbo1176
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Mar 04, 2007 04:44 pm »

then how come she had a dreama bout him? so technicaly hes already been in the story!

how2airbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Advanced Fusionist

dvd77612
« Reply #47 on: Mar 05, 2007 07:14 pm »

well yeahh, but thats not the same thing........ she said she wont meet him in the story, ha, i shoulda stated it that way

farbo1176
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Mar 05, 2007 11:17 pm »

ohhhhhhh ok  got it thianks!-

UncleIroh
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

My beloved Lu Ten; I will see you again.

« Reply #49 on: Mar 06, 2007 01:10 am »

wow, this is excellent, keep it up.

Sig by storm-of-insanity

Iroh could use some more loving...
Perhaps we could hook him up with all the Joo Dees?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: