Nov 16, 2019 05:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Last Air Nomads (PG - PG- 13) Updated Feburary 22, 2008!!  (Read 14110 times)
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

<3

« Reply #100 on: Jan 25, 2008 09:10 pm »

omg cliffhangers?!

i'm soo glad waterbenders joined the group Grin

i hope an earthbender joins um and eventually Aigyou Tongue

avvie by the fantastic frozen and sig by the spectacular GEORGiE Grin thanks soo much Cheesy
~~
Keeper of Hama's female charm&Aang's imagination
Spoonbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Support the war against spoilers! Join SRF today!

« Reply #101 on: Jan 27, 2008 02:33 am »

That was an awesome chapter, I love the addition of the waterbenders to the group. And what do you know, I'm hyper too.  Grin

I should have "Airmaster22 and me are hyper. Are you?" in my sig   Cheesy .

Thanks to Benton for the awesome sig.

Keeper of Momo's tears and Colnel Mongke's britishness.

Zutara is starting to sound pretty attractive right about now. BUT SO IS KATAANG! I'm confused.
how2airbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Advanced Fusionist

dvd77612
« Reply #102 on: Jan 28, 2008 05:02 pm »

On an unrelated note, I noticed that how2airbend called me a she a few pages back, and I thought I would clarify something:
I'm a boy. The reason I'm so hyper and jittery and write OMG a lot is because I am a naturally hyper person. I'm just a normal, obnoxious teenage boy. Except I'm hyper. Also, you might be wondering why a boy would write a story revolving around girls. Well, there's a simple explanation: I'm girl-crazy (like other teenage boys)  Grin

I'm so sorry, did i really?!?!?! I feel so bad now, it was an honest mistake, really, i promise it wont happen again. Sorry, haha.

Ok, now to read this epic chapter 2!...
20 minutes later...............................................
WOW!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
that was awesome, so we have a love triangle between Urufu, Sora, and that other kid Sora likes(i forget his name), right?  Urufu is reminding me of Sokka.........
Great job, can't wait for Chapter 3
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2008 05:39 pm by how2airbend » Logged

thanks to Hotaru for this awesome sig!

Keeper of the fat kid's inhibitions.
airmaster22
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Vice President of the Eastern Air Temple

« Reply #103 on: Feb 22, 2008 04:04 pm »

Here's Chapter 3 PArt 1:

Chapter 3 - The Legend of the Pressure Bender

Sora's eyes glanced at the first few musty pages of the book. They were torn and loose, and were slightly browned from age. Also, several of the pages were burned. The first pages looked as if they had been dipped into a river. After three pages, she came to a page that looked like a table of contents. One story was circled with a page number next to it. It was called "The Legend of the Pressure Bender". The title interested Sora, so she eagerly, but quietly, turned to the page. Sora's eyes locked onto the page covered in text. She started to read.
   Long ago, Fire Lord Sozin started a war to conquer the world. His first targets were the four air temples. The next avatar was to be an air bender, and the air benders were powerful. All of the Air Nomads could bend, so they posed a major threat to his plans. He wiped them out, trying to eliminate the avatar. When he hit the Western Air Temple, very few of the residents made it out. Most who did formed a caravan and escaped to a large island south of the temple. Four years into the war, a baby was born to a twenty year old girl there. The child was named Kala after her grandmother. In the first twelve years of her life, she learned air bending from a master in her caravan. She mastered the art by the time she was thirteen. Unfortunately, that was not the only thing that happened that year. The Fire Nation found the settlement. The air benders were outnumbered three to one. Everyone there was killed, including bison and lemurs, except for Kala, her three year old sister, and their lemur. They escaped into the thick woods. However, Kala's sister received a horrible disease, and died three months later. Kala was alone, with no companions except for her lemur. Loneliness can do a number on someone.
   Slowly, she started to go crazy. As she went through puberty and grew, her clothes did not fit well, and her hair was a mess. She became a revenge machine. The only thing she could think about was revenge on the Fire Nation. She used trees and leaves to create dummies, just to destroy them with her air bending. Anger had overtaken her. She no longer was peaceful and kind.
   One day, she made a dummy mainly out of tightly woven thin leaves. She was thinking of a new way to destroy it. She twisted and twirled her hand around, forcing the air in the dummy to move around, becoming unbalanced.  Pushing her fingers outward, the air in the dummy expanded greatly, causing it to explode. She knew she had discovered a new ability, and started to develop it. Her skill involved using air bending to change the pressure of the air, making it expand, or pack in more tightly. With this skill, she could make the pressure so great that it could tear through skin just by touching it. She could do this out in the open air, causing explosions, or she could do in inside of a human body, directly killing the person from the inside.
   After a year of practicing on dummies, she knew she needed to try it on a living creature. She looked to her lemur. Twisting and moving the air in its lungs, she pushed out with rapid-fire movement. Immediately, Sora heard a pop occur inside of the lemur's body. It flopped down on the ground like a puppet, and blood started to stream out of its mouth. It was dead. She knew she had mastered one of the most deadly skills air bending had ever allowed. Thinking that it was destiny, Kala decided that she needed to use it to help the world. At age fifteen, she planned out the murder of Fire Lord Sozin.
   She stayed on the coast of the island, keeping an eye out for ships. The first time a warship passed by, she swam over to it, and used air bending to bore a hole in its hull. She hid out in the cargo hold. There was plenty of food and blankets, so she was okay. She also found some female civilian clothing that was her size. It fit her very well, and was loose and flexible, perfect for air bending. She also found a red cloak with a hood and a Fire Nation Emblem. She fixed her hair, and with all these changes she was able to look like a normal citizen, instead of a revenge-crazy air bending witch. One day, the ship docked. She looked out, and realized she was in the capital city. She was docked at the harbor, and a lot of construction was going on. The royal plaza was being covered with metal, and battlements were being established all over the city entrance area. Metal walls were being put up at the entrance of the harbor cove. Getting off of the ship and wearing the cloak, she found a Capital City tour group, and blended in. She easily made her way into the crater city.
   That night, using the stealth of her air bending and natural sneakiness, she made her way into the palace. A few servants and guards almost saw her a few times, but the darkness acted a shield protecting her from the world. She was shocked that no one else had tried this. Then again, she realized that not everyone was an air bender. She decided that that could've  been a reason for the genocide. If enough air benders were alive, it could spell disaster for the Fire Nation. After about twenty minutes searching the immense structure, she found his bedroom. Three guards stood outside his room. It was her first time using the skill on a human, and there were two of them. Executing her ability perfectly, the guards collapsed on the floor. Before blood started to pour from their bodies, she wrapped both of their heads in tightly wound cloths, definitely suffocating them if they had somehow miraculously survived.
   Kala slowly opened the door, and quietly walked in, then closed the door behind her. She didn't want him to wake up. If he did, it could lead to her death. She stepped up to the bed, but her a loud snap. She looked down at the pair of glasses she had stepped on. When she looked up, Sozin's golden eyes were staring right at her. Her whole life, she thought that she would be afraid being face to face with the Fire Lord. She wasn't, though. She didn't feel anything. He started to form a fireball, and, without a word, Kala set to work. In a rapid fire motion, she twisted both hands around, distorting the air in front of him. Pushing out, the air exploded before him, and he fell back until his head hit the metal wall. She used the air around him to move him around, smashing him into anything that would cause him pain. He  was like putty in her hands.
   She used the air to throw him to her feet. He looked up at the emotionless face before him, and with fear and his eyes, he pleaded, "Please, have mercy!"
   Kala smirked. She had planned to just do away with him in his sleep, but this was fun. "He. You want mercy. That's funny. You should laugh, but you can't!" She used air bending to push him to his bed, stuffing his head into his sheets. "Did you give the Air Nomads mercy? What about the world's women? Did you leave them be when they were helpless? What about the children?" She air bended him up, and smashed him into his golden bedpost, then threw him against the wall. "Did you give them mercy? Did you help them when they watched their parents die?" She air bended his head up, then smashed it to the ground with force. "Did you have mercy in your heart when you burned them to death? Did you tell your soldiers to stop when they screamed for their mothers?"
   He looked up at her, amazed that she was a living airbender. "For everything you've done, this is a mild punishment." She air bended him gently to his bed, and pulled the sheets up around him, as if he was sleeping.
   "I'm not letting you go, if that's what you think is going on," She stated, fury in her eyes. "You see, if I make this look like a murder, they'll come looking for me. We can't have that, can we?" She was fixing up things around the room to look like there hadn't been a fight. "Now, listen to me. You are going to lay there the way you usually sleep. Don't try to get away, because I'll catch you. If you stay there and don't move, it might not hurt as much. Or maybe it will. It doesn't matter. Because by the end of tonight, you will be dead."
    Tears poured from Sozin's face. He tried not to cry. His heart was beating five times faster than it should. Looking to the sky, he said, " Great spirit of the Dragon! Roku! Help me now!"
   Kala looked down at the old man in his last moments alive.
"Hmph. They can't help you now, old man."
   "No," Sozin whispered, watching as the girl's hands moved around. He couldn't breathe, and he felt like something was squirming around in his chest.
   She pushed her hands out. His chest pumped up for a split second, and all turned silent.
   Before he could bleed out the openings on his face, she stuffed a huge chunk of cloth down his throat, preventing blood from his deflated organs to get to his mouth, nose and eyes. Just to be sure, she used a special herbal mixture that made things bond instantly in his nostrils, around the opening to his mouth, and behind his eyes. She made it look like he had died in his sleep. She grabbed the bodies of the guards, and threw them into the ocean, then pushed a boulder off the cliffs right  behind them to be sure they were crushed.
    She hopped a Fire Navy ship headed for the Earth Kingdom before the sun came up. After a couple weeks, they landed at a neutral port in the Southwestern Earth Kingdom. There was a huge buzz about Sozin's death. Hearing about it was starting to get to her. She started to feel immense guilt for committing murder. She wished she could've prevented herself from killing three people. She vowed to never use her discovered skill again. Then, she thought of her name. Kala. The last person who had called her that was her sister. Her little sister who looked up to her. Who loved her. She wasn't the Kala her sister had known. She didn't want to hear her name anymore.
   One day in her travels, she saw another air bender in the Southern Earth Kingdom. He told her of an  Air Nomad survivor colony. They went there together. She trained and developed her fighting skills more there, and became a member of the Air Sister council. And to this day, Kanshisha lives in the temple.

Sora closed the book, put it against her chest, and closed her eyes. Why didn't Mother Superior tell her about this? She didn't want to think about this. Everyone had told her that Kanshisha had had a rough childhood, but they didn't mention murder! Sora was still allowing the idea that her hero was a murderer sink in. She had no idea how to feel. Her idol was a murderer, but it was the Fire Lord, the man who killed almost the whole Air Nomad population.
   She put the book back into the bag, and wrapped the blanket high around her head. But the fact that Kanshisha was a murderer wasn't what was bugging her the most. What if Sora ended up the same way? What if revenge overcame her and she killed someone? She cried herself to sleep that night.

Silent. Quiet. Stealthy. These were the only words going through Yu-Moa's mind at the moment. It was three in the morning, and he was going outside the library for the first time since the invasion. He looked to make sure it was safe. Two guards walked passed the room. Quick and light on his feet, he ran past the main lobby of the temple and to  a narrow hallway. He saw the doorway open and walked in. It was a supply room that used to be a bedroom. He walked in, and the first thing he saw was a mirror. He was shocked at the image before him.
    Atop his formerly bald head was a bunch of very short brown hair. His hair grew like a weed sprayed with a special growing substance. He hadn't shaved since about nine days prior, and he now looked like he could blend in. He found a few soldier uniforms, and one fit perfectly. He looked like a regular Fire Nation soldier. Under his uniform he wore a casual outfit. Out of a large bag he grabbed another, as well as some paper, a toothbrush, some paper, a sleeping bag, and some other things. He stuffed them all in a crimson bag he found, and took off into the hall wearing a red cloak with the hood up over his uniform.
   There was one problem though. He needed an identity. He had found out that the Fire Nation kept great files on their soldiers, and they needed to hold an identity card with them at all times. He had to find a soldier who looked like him that would be willing to trade identities. But who would do that?
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2008 08:44 pm by airmaster22 » Logged

Proud supporter of Kataang, Sukka, Teoph, and Maiko!
Read my story, The Last Air Nomads at:
http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=4129.0
Icon from thelastairbendermovie.com
Spoonbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Support the war against spoilers! Join SRF today!

« Reply #104 on: Feb 22, 2008 11:51 pm »

Wow, pressure bending. That was an awesome chapter, with shocking revelations.

Thanks to Benton for the awesome sig.

Keeper of Momo's tears and Colnel Mongke's britishness.

Zutara is starting to sound pretty attractive right about now. BUT SO IS KATAANG! I'm confused.
how2airbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Advanced Fusionist

dvd77612
« Reply #105 on: Feb 25, 2008 08:49 pm »

awesome work.

keep it up.

thanks to Hotaru for this awesome sig!

Keeper of the fat kid's inhibitions.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: