Nov 16, 2019 08:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: What is your favorite Avatar publication?
Tokyo Pop Manga - 12 (9.3%)
The Lost Scrolls (Air, Water, Earth, Fire) - 34 (26.4%)
"The Tales of " Series featuring Aang, Azula, Toph, Sokka, Zuko, and Katara - 38 (29.5%)
The Ultimate Pocket Guide to Avatar - 11 (8.5%)
Nickelodeon Magazine All Avatar Nick Exclusive - 34 (26.4%)
Total Voters: 74

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Novels] The Lost Scrolls, Earth Kingdom Chronicles, and other older books  (Read 55656 times)
firelily
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Set by Zutarawillliveon :)

« Reply #300 on: Aug 07, 2008 10:10 pm »

Ah, I say to just buy it.  I was lead into the middle of a kids section at the bookstore for Sozin's Comet, and I'm sure I was the oldest person in there, but no biggie.  I was giggling madly when I got out of the store, hugging my first piece of Avatar merchandise all the way home Tongue

Pride should never be a factor in the fandom Wink

Keeper of Nyla's sense of smell, the 'Love Amongst the Dragons' poster, Aang's peaceful nature, and Sokka's Dragon Pipe!
earth_lizard
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #301 on: Aug 08, 2008 04:08 pm »

Yeah, I stopped caring about looking for Avatar in the kids section of the bookstore a long time ago. I was like, "Y'know what?! I don't give a darn about who sees me here! I'm gonna go get me an Avatar book! *snatches book off shelf and runs to front desk*"

I remember the first time I got an Avatar book. It was "The Earth Kingdom Chronicles," and my mom paid for it because she had a coupon. While she was at the checkout desk, I just sorta wandered over to the magazine stand.    

Now I don't really care. And it's not very awkward all the time. Because of my shortness, I sometimes look younger than I really am. Roll Eyes

iKeep: Bolin's green eyes, the new winged lemur species
My Graphics
Kaiser Avatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #302 on: Aug 08, 2008 08:34 pm »

I remember the first time I got an Avatar book. It was "The Earth Kingdom Chronicles," and my mom paid for it because she had a coupon. While she was at the checkout desk, I just sorta wandered over to the magazine stand.    

LOL, I do that all the time!

I am faster than 80% of snakes.
orcacam07
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #303 on: Aug 26, 2008 07:06 pm »

LOL, I do that all the time!

Same! XD

Anyone read that love potions book yet? I heard Tokka was ensured...

EDIT-Ah, not released 'til september...Gotcha...*sweatdrop*

T0kka4EveR
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lawlie-pops are Kandalicious!

« Reply #304 on: Aug 26, 2008 09:55 pm »

^September? I thought it was December?

... OH WELL! The sooner we get Tokka the better. Tongue

icon by aristocracy on lj
coinmanmat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #305 on: Aug 27, 2008 06:06 am »

your right, it dose not come out until December 16th

Thanks to Moses for the awesome Bleach sig and Icon
EndlessFlame55
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Riddle Me This, Riddle Me That~

« Reply #306 on: Sep 22, 2008 04:23 pm »

*waddles into the thread* Wow, this thread hasn't been updated in almost a month. Shocked That depresses me,  but I am here to tell you that I have found a brand new Avatar book that I only found at my local Wal*Mart. I can't post a picture of the cover, because I took it with my camera phone, and the stupid thing won't upload it. Tongue Roll Eyes

Anyhow, the title of it is "Earth Kingdom Chronicals Collection." It contains four of the six EKC books that came out last year or so. It has Aang's, Azula's, Toph's, and Sokka's tale in a huge paperback book with a--slightly edited cover of Aang's Tale. Tongue It has him on there, but with Toph, Azula and Sokka in the back instead of the Gaang ready to defend against Azula and her crew. The back cover is the one from Azula's book, with Zuko and Iroh on it. Just without Aang flying through the sky. Tongue That's the best explation I can give without having a picture to help. Sworreh.

The book itself is about nine dollars, and is apparently rather new. Because no one online has it...and that means Amazon as well. I checked everywere and no one but Wal-Mart has it. Which is strange. But it is rather awesome and a good price if you don't want to buy those tales seperatally. Sadly, as I stated before, it only has those four...and not Katara or Zuko. I guess they're too cool to get in the whole mix or something. Tongue But still. I think it is a rather good deal and if I didn't already have them, I would have snached that up the moment I saw it!

Keep an eye out for your Wal-Marts and see if you can find it and buy it you many, many Avatard collecters out there! <3

*~*ASN's Queen of Bromance*~* (Tumblr link in siggy. <3)

Keeper of: The 'Iroh Is Zuko's Father' theory, and the Irko reunion scene.
(I love these boys with my whole entire heart~)
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Monk's Gone Wild (IZ TEH BIGGEST ZUTARIAN ON ASN)

« Reply #307 on: Sep 23, 2008 12:49 pm »

wait....what is "Tokyo Pop Manga" and "The Ultimate Pocket Guide to Avatar"

I didn't know about those books but the Earth Kingdom chronicles are season 2 books. Just everything that tells what the characters were thinking

Keeper of Aang discovering he had hair, Zuko&Katara first mission together

I thanked everyone who made me icon/sig on DA. General/Commander AA22 of the Zutarmy. Master of the weapon Zutaratana!
katara1018
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #308 on: Oct 06, 2008 07:14 am »

Okay, so I bought the Sozin's Comet book yesterday at B. Dalton, but it didn't have the poster in it like it said it did. I don't know what's up with that. Can somebody explain this to me?  But I got the book! YEAH!!!!

Sig by WaterLady from KF/Tumblr.
Keeper of Sokka's "FLYING KICKAPOW!!! From EIP
Follow me on tumblr: http://avatardedinthetardis.tumblr.com/
coinmanmat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #309 on: Oct 06, 2008 12:14 pm »

Its supposed to have one, you probably purchased one without the poster because someone tore it out.

katara1018
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #310 on: Oct 06, 2008 06:11 pm »

Its supposed to have one, you probably purchased one without the poster because someone tore it out.
Yeah, that's what my mom told me. Oh well, BACK TO THE BOOKSTORE!!!!!

Sig by WaterLady from KF/Tumblr.
Keeper of Sokka's "FLYING KICKAPOW!!! From EIP
Follow me on tumblr: http://avatardedinthetardis.tumblr.com/
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Monk's Gone Wild (IZ TEH BIGGEST ZUTARIAN ON ASN)

« Reply #311 on: Oct 06, 2008 07:21 pm »

Heck! I'd taer it out too! It's an AVATAR poster! Who would take that? Cheesy

So what is the Tokyo Manga thing? No one ever told me!

Keeper of Aang discovering he had hair, Zuko&Katara first mission together

I thanked everyone who made me icon/sig on DA. General/Commander AA22 of the Zutarmy. Master of the weapon Zutaratana!
badgermole
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #312 on: Oct 12, 2008 08:46 am »

I bought the sozins comet finale book last week! I hadn't been in the merchandise threads for a while, so I hadn't heard of it before, but when I saw it (And its pull-out poster!) I bought it. Now the poster is hanging beautifully on my closet door and the book is next to my dvd on my bookshelf. XDD

Siggy by me.
Supports: Kataang, Sukka, Maiko and Ursroh (Iroh/Ursa XD)
<3
**Bajahmo XD
avachance
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #313 on: Nov 22, 2008 02:41 am »

I just bought the new Avatar  Brainbenders book.  I found today at the local grocery store.  Only glanced at it but it appears to be better than the first.  Of course everyone here will probably know all the answers but it's still good to see them putting out new material and of course I had to buy it. 
pianoajd
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avvie by T0kka4EveR, Sig by Doomsday

« Reply #314 on: Dec 15, 2008 08:02 am »

I believe that Love Potion #8 is getting released tomorrow...

http://www.simonsays.com/content/ene/search.cfm?N=0&Ntk=ALL&Nty=1&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ns=P_FORMATSORTGROUP%7C0%7C%7CCP_PUBDATEGAP%7C0&Nr=AND%28Subsite%3ASimonSays%2CCP_IDENTIFIER%3ATITLES%29&D=Love+Potion+%238&Ntt=Love+Potion+%238&Dn=23424

Did anyone pre-order it?

Keeper of:1) Ty Leo's first kiss.2) The ship that could cause the universe to implode from awesome overload if mentioned.3) The Cabbage Man's "MY CABBAGES!" 4) Hawky's pack
coinmanmat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #315 on: Dec 16, 2008 06:38 am »

^ actually its already out, I got mine a few days ago.

pianoajd
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avvie by T0kka4EveR, Sig by Doomsday

« Reply #316 on: Dec 16, 2008 11:33 pm »

So....How is it? Believable, or are the characters 'out of character'?

Keeper of:1) Ty Leo's first kiss.2) The ship that could cause the universe to implode from awesome overload if mentioned.3) The Cabbage Man's "MY CABBAGES!" 4) Hawky's pack
Teruri
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dutch and proud

« Reply #317 on: Dec 17, 2008 11:37 am »

I found some books (english) on a dutch webstore, the same where I purchased the two season box sets.
Some of these books seem to be some kind of comic. They are numberd from 1 to 7 (6 seems to be missing).
Here is a screenshot:
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/6121/afbeelding1du0.png
Does somebody know what they are? Are they interessting?

They also have the four "Lost scrolls" books. What are these about? Are they interessting?

They also have the Earth Chronicles (Azula, Zuko, Sokka, Toph, Aang (i'm not sure, it isn't showing it's cover) and Katara (same as aang, no cover picture)). These are tales about the characters and the events in Ba Sing Se, right? Are they interessting?

There also is this book "Air Power! With tattoos.". This seems to be some kind of activity book (puzzles and brainteasers)

I want to know because I might want some for my not so big merchendise collection (:S three DS games and two DVD box sets).

Edit: omgosh they have Sozin's Comet book. MUST HAVE.
« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2008 11:40 am by Teruri » Logged

Keeper of the Buffalo-Yak
coinmanmat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #318 on: Dec 17, 2008 05:50 pm »

The books that were in the picture you posted are the cine-manga volumes published by Tokyo Pop, basically all they are is the screen play from the episodes in a comic format.

Teruri
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dutch and proud

« Reply #319 on: Dec 18, 2008 09:28 am »

Okay, so I know what those books are. They sound cool. Might get them (two or three, not all).
I know what the Earth chronicles are, I want the Zuko, Sokka and Aang ones for sure, might also get the girls.
And I still want the Sozin's Comet book.
And the lost scrolls are like the earth chronicles right? Story's about the characers, some info on the bending of that element and some more information.
I also found the ultimate pocket guide (I kinda know what it is, I wanna have it...)

Man I'm really happy I found those books here.

Keeper of the Buffalo-Yak
EndlessFlame55
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Riddle Me This, Riddle Me That~

« Reply #320 on: May 31, 2009 10:40 pm »

Well, it's about that this thread gets bumped up, don't you think? It's been nearly six months since anyone updated this poor thing! Anyhow, I normally look on Simonsays because I always like to see if anyone updates with new Avatar books. Wink And look what I found...

They updated and now the cover for the Lost Scroll Collection is out! For people that don't know, it is the four Lost Scroll books into one huge 256 page book! Cheesy Amazon and Simonsays has it ready for preordering, and it will be released on June 23rd!

I already have all four books, but just by looking at the cover, it makes me want to buy it as well. Tongue That, or I'll sell those four and buy this...or not. Grin But I will get this, I know that is for sure!

*~*ASN's Queen of Bromance*~* (Tumblr link in siggy. <3)

Keeper of: The 'Iroh Is Zuko's Father' theory, and the Irko reunion scene.
(I love these boys with my whole entire heart~)
Waterbending USApotterfan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Stand in the Rain

« Reply #321 on: Jun 02, 2009 01:19 pm »

I already have all four books, but just by looking at the cover, it makes me want to buy it as well. Tongue That, or I'll sell those four and buy this...or not. Grin But I will get this, I know that is for sure!

Same. Cheesy I guess I'll just end up with 2 copies of each...

Do you think they'll novelize the movie?

Avvie by cavesareforshipping, sig by me
Keeper of Music Night on the ship, fire squats, Zuko's "You're just a big blah" and "The scar's NOT on the wrong side"
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #322 on: Jun 02, 2009 05:14 pm »

Almost certainly. Everything a studio is actually interested in promoting gets a novelization. It's one of the cheapest methods of merchandising around for junk franchises like Avatar, although I don't know what kind of returns it sees.

I'm going to hope against all hopes that Matthew Woodring Stover is contracted to write it. No matter how good the movie ends up being, his version will be better.

Zuko-Fan-Girl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bi-demi-sexual demigirl

« Reply #323 on: Jun 07, 2009 07:26 pm »

http://www.borders.com/online/store/SearchResults?keyword=Avatar%3A+The+Last+Airbender&type=1&simple=1
Those are all the stuff at Borders. I needs them.

[hissing]
earth_lizard
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #324 on: May 11, 2010 09:55 pm »

http://www.amazon.com/Journeys-Through-Earth-Kingdom-Avatar/dp/1416994467/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1273632582&sr=8-1

Journeys Through the Earth Kingdom?

So this is semi-new (or am I just late)? According to Borders' site, it was released in April.

iKeep: Bolin's green eyes, the new winged lemur species
My Graphics
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: