Sep 17, 2019 06:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fire Lord Sozen, His Descendents, and their Connection to Avatar Roku.  (Read 7024 times)
TheNineTails
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Who ate my Friggin Ramen

« Reply #25 on: Jul 26, 2006 05:38 pm »

Roku was NEVER mentioned in the opening at all. It was all Aang baby.

Cabbagelord
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Jul 26, 2006 06:05 pm »

as for roku repping the avatar in the opening (I think the source of some of this confusion), as Zuko demonstrated in the second episode, everybody was under the impression at the time that the air-bender avatar would look like Roku (besides, the avatar's demonstration looks a lot more impressive when given by somebody who's profile screams 'martial arts master', and sets up how far aang has to come from the ep 3 and on opening)

"We are the Sons and Daughters of Cabbage, the Superior Produce!"
SnowAlc
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Jul 26, 2006 06:27 pm »

I have one thing to point out we all know that a comet is very visible like half the world can see one when it is flying by, what makes this one different, when Sozin's comet flew by didnt other people from another nation see it fly by.  Maybe they did but they did not care to remember about it because they did not know the Fire nation is able to utilize the comet.  That being said isnt it also possible that the comet flew by before probably many times like another 100 years before Sozin's time.  You may say no because it is called Sozin's Comet but its probably named that because Sozin was probably the first person to use its power to start the war.Huh

/| ^.^  SnowAlc  ^.^ |\
Darmani
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Maigano
« Reply #28 on: Jul 27, 2006 12:15 am »

They likely didn't figure "comet=Pwn joo" or the knowledge was lost, the fire nation HAS been busy making sure no one knows much about them.  Or maybe they figured but like us aren't sure HOW or even when it may return.  Astronomy is.. well rocket science.  Sorta.  It's easy to screw things up just a little or have an important fact buried under similarly bland flavored detail.

Darmani promises not to use "CANON" if Zutarians don't use "DESTINY"
I want a Book Air, Avatar Pen and Paper RPG, and *good* near free-form action video game. I also want a pony.
CannedBean
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Jul 31, 2006 05:04 pm »

just a quick thought: if sozin is related to roku, azulon is son of sozin, all that jazz until zuko and azula, then that means aang, zuko, and azula are related! lol...funny picture!
well, they're KIND OF related since the avatar is the same person reincarnated, right?

aliwish
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Jul 31, 2006 11:26 pm »

That initial posting was indeed impressive.  I loved it!!  Couple of theories to suggest:

1.  The father/son or trainer/beloved trainee theory -- either way, my theory is that Sozen was told by Roku that if the Avatar is killed in the Avatar state, the whole cylce ends.  So for some reason, Roku was visiting the Spirit world, Sozen sneaked up on him to kill him (or maybe even Sozen was protecting him/guarding him during such times), and either right before/during the blow, Roku exited the Avatar state and sacraficed himself in order to not end the Avatar cylce.  Sozen may or may not have known for quite some time if he had successfully killed Roku in the Avatar state or not (perhaps that betraying monk in the playing cards told him that there was a new Avatar and only then did he know for sure?).  Sozen may have made his move on the Avatar itself as his first step toward taking over the world (get rid of the Avatar -- step 1, attack -- step 2).

2.  Any chance that Lu Ten was killed by Fire Nation troops?  Ozai seemed all ready with his pitch to daddy to take over (versus letting the reality & options sink in for days/weeks/months).

3.  Could any or all of this be the Firenation's secret?  (or is it just that drilling thing?)

4.  It's now my guess that Iroh, having been in the Spirit world (Northern Seige) and able to see spirits (Aang on dragon), probably visited grandfather Ruku along with Lu Ten and got some deep wisdom concerning Zuko's roll/destiny (I've been wondering what he was doing there and your posting at least provides me with a theory, however whack my theory might be).

Thanks for the 3300 words!
MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #31 on: Aug 01, 2006 12:26 am »

I am beginning to think that Sozin may not have an involvement with Roku's death.  Considering the brutality of the early days of the war that can be inferred by the Air Nomad's genocide and the near destruction of the Southern Water Tribe; my guess is that the war had personal motivations on the part of Sozin. 

Can you imagine what the death of a beloved mentor and father would have one someone?  Intense grief and rage is perfectly capable of corrupting a person.  Sometimes it can do so even more easily than a lust for power.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population
Waylaid
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: Sep 17, 2006 04:47 am »

May I continue this thread?

Here's a controversial theory:
What if Roku IS Sozen and actually embraced the comet's power? What it's Roku trying to redeem himself by righting the wrong he have made?

It's kinda like Darth Vader "killed" Anakin Skywalker, only they're both one & the same.
MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #33 on: Sep 17, 2006 09:33 am »

That is not possible.  Aang already existed before the start of the war.  In order for a new Avatar to be born the previous one must die.  Their lifetimes never overlap.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population
Waylaid
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Sep 17, 2006 08:15 pm »

So maybe Roku & Sozen aren't the same person.

What foreshadowed in The Deserter, show us there has always been dissenters & rebels within the Fire Nation since Roku; Firebenders who refuse to hand over their own will to the ruling despots of their Nation.

What happen between Roku & Sozen wasn't just familial ties, it's politics. Roku syill believes in his Nation, he doesn't like how rulers like Sozen abuse their power & their own people for their own gain.

True patriots have always dissent against their own governments because of that governments' abuse of power. Roku must've been a better patriot than Sozen or his descendants' have hoped for.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: