Nov 21, 2014 06:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New forum moderator(s)  (Read 34292 times)
Nat
Unphotogenic Avatar

I haven't given up hope yet. ;_;

darthnat@hotmail.com charaznable26
« on: Jun 10, 2006 11:51 am »

Please welcome Force as the latest addition to the forum staff.  He is now a global moderator, so beware of his new lockinating and thread-deleting powers.

Edit by Icy_Ashford:

This is an updated list of administrators and forum moderators in case members wish to contact them for any questions related to the forum. You should defer to the board moderator in charge of the specific board first before contacting the global moderators or admins.

Administrators:
Unbridled Joy of Flight
Forau
SMBH
Icy_Ashford

Global Moderator(s):
Cerulean
NeeNee

Board Moderator(s):
Mr Grieves
Spiritwhisperer
Zubby
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2014 09:09 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged

Force
Unphotogenic Avatar

Yes, it's a band.

« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2006 04:10 am »

so beware of his new lockinating and thread-deleting powers.

Yet I still dont get heat vision, le sigh. Thanks for the honor guys, never been a real mod before. So do I have to go through any kind of initiation or anything? I mean, do I get a pledge pin?
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2006 04:12 am by Force » Logged

Acastus
Expert Advisor
Unphotogenic Avatar

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2006 06:36 pm »

Please welcome Savitri as the latest addition to the forum staff.  She is now a global moderator.

Who is John Galt?
Savitri
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #3 on: Jul 16, 2006 07:45 pm »

Thank you all!  I am very honored.  But why do I feel as if a pink tutu and a rubber chicken are somewhere in my near future?

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here.  I'm mad.  You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
 - Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Nat
Unphotogenic Avatar

I haven't given up hope yet. ;_;

darthnat@hotmail.com charaznable26
« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2006 11:06 pm »

Seeing as how the forum is rapidly increasing in size and the fall semester will begin again in a matter of days, we decided to appoint some moderators to help maintain the board.  Please welcome Opal Koboi as a moderator of the World of Avatar forum, Looneyluna as a moderator of the World of Avatar and the Fanfiction board, and Avatar_Mom as the moderator of The Courtyard.  Many thanks to these members for helping us out!  Show them the same respect that you would any admin or staff member.

Congratulations and welcome to the team!

Unbridled Joy of Flight
ASN Management
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #5 on: Aug 26, 2006 11:08 pm »

As we continue to grow, we continue to add staff.  Please welcome Karalora as moderator for Episode Discussion and Psycho Silver as moderator for Fan Media and Roleplay.

Please listen to our moderators as you would the Admins when we all try to maintain civil and active discussion on ASN.  That said, please realize we're all fans of ASN as well, and in most instances we're just like any other user wanting to geek over this great show.  Don't feel the need to jump when you see all the blue, green, or red stars...unless we're clearly trying to moderate things.  Thanks!
Unbridled Joy of Flight
ASN Management
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2006 10:39 pm »

As we continue to grow, we continue to occasionally ask folks to help out in particular areas.  Elemental Harmony has accepted our offer to help keep watch over Debate and Discussion.  Please listen to her as you would me, but also please allow her to continue to participate without panicing when you disagree with her.  Like me, she'll clearly post when she's moderating, otherwise she's just one more opinion to add to the mix- however well considered the opinion might be. Wink
Savitri
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #7 on: Oct 26, 2006 08:59 am »

Please join me in welcoming Avatar_Mom as ASN's newest Global Moderator.  You will notice that her stars have gone from green to blue and she now has the power to lock, merge, move, etc. strings all over the board.  We are thrilled that she has accepted this added responsibility.  It goes without saying that you should accord her the same respect as any of the Admins or Staff.

Congratulations, A_M, we have the pink tutu and rubber chicken waiting!   Grin

"Oh you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here.  I'm mad.  You're mad."
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2006 07:37 pm »

ASN growth over the last few months has been tremendous, and we are now pleased to announce a few new additions and promotions to and within the ASN moderating staff.

Please join us in congratulating Karalora who has done an excellent job as the Board Moderator of the Episode Discussion forum, and who has now been promoted to Global Moderator!

Also, please welcome Forau, one of the founders of TitansGo.Net (TGN), who has graciously volunteered to become a Global Moderator here on ASN, and Tananda, a regular user on ASN who has been promoted to Board Moderator for the Episode Discussion forum.

Congratulations to all and welcome to the team!

Who is John Galt?
Savitri
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2006 07:50 pm »

Please join me in congratulating Opal Koboi - ASN's newest Global Moderator!  She has done a fantastic job as the Board Moderator of the World of Avatar forum and we look forward to her contributions all over the board.  We are very excited that she has volunteered for the added responsibility.

Congratulations Opal!  I see a pink tutu and a rubber chicken in your future as well!
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2006 09:00 pm by Savitri » Logged

Acastus
Expert Advisor
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2006 09:30 pm »

Since Opal has ascended Mount Olympus, please welcome Hotspur, one of the Avatar fandoms most renowned fanfiction writers (for those in doubt check out Avatard's "Does Not Suck" page) as the new Board Moderator for The World of Avatar and Pai Sho forums.

Welcome to the team!

Who is John Galt?
Savitri
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #11 on: Feb 07, 2007 12:32 pm »

Please welcome GVChamp as ASN's newest Moderator.  He will be helping Elemental Harmony out in Debate & Discussion.

Thanks for accepting and welcome to the team!

Acastus
Expert Advisor
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #12 on: Apr 04, 2007 02:34 pm »

The Fan Fiction forum has grown tremendously over the past several months, so we have decided to add a few moderators. Please welcome Rawles to the ASN staff as a board moderator, and we are pleased to report that Hotspur has also agreed to help out in that area as well.

Thanks all for continuing to support ASN!

Who is John Galt?
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #13 on: Apr 15, 2007 02:07 pm »

The Pai Sho board now has two new board moderators to help out Hotspur. The new additions to the ASN forum staff are The Quenchiest and SMBH.

Thanks for accepting and welcome to the team!

Who is John Galt?
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #14 on: Jul 30, 2007 01:56 am »

In recognition of her diligence both in the forums and behind the scenes, please congratulate SMBH on her promotion to Global Moderator! Beware of her board wide string locking powers and remember to do as she asks or face Da Hammer of Divine Justice! Congratulations, SMBH and thanks for all your hard work!

Who is John Galt?
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #15 on: Oct 16, 2007 05:33 pm »

With season three upon us, the forums demand more maintenance, so please welcome kaption and icy_ashford to the ASN forum staff! kaption will moderate the ever expanding "What" forum and icy_ashford will help moderate the Fan Fiction forum. Welcome to the team!

Also, you may notice a few more moderator names next to specific forums. The Global moderators and a few board moderators who only had one board previously have volunteered to pay special attention to a few specific forums in an effort to provide better service.

Thanks again to everyone for your hard work!

Who is John Galt?
Unbridled Joy of Flight
ASN Management
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #16 on: Jul 22, 2010 10:53 pm »

Just so people know, we have advanced SMBH and Icy_Ashford to admin status.  This change was specifically to ensure there is routinely someone available to handle trolls.  While they now wield a ban hammer, decisions regarding ASN will still be made by Forau, the site administrator, and myself, the site owner.  Mainsite updates can still only be done by Forau, Nat, Force, and I.
Unbridled Joy of Flight
ASN Management
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #17 on: Aug 13, 2010 08:23 pm »

Given the surge of new members due to the movie, and the upcoming excitement with Korra, we have chosen to reinvigorate the ASN staff with some new mods.

Please welcome the following:

Qi Chin = Debate and Discussion
Cerulean = Fan Art and Comics and Creative Works
Aangs True Love = Fan media
Zubby = The Courtyard and What
Jimothy = Legend of Korra

We have also promoted Hotspur and Kaption, both long time mods on the site, to Global Mods with the ability to moderate threads throughout ASN.

As always, thank you all for your willingness to volunteer a little of your time for the benefit of Avatar fandom! Smiley
Unbridled Joy of Flight
ASN Management
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #18 on: Aug 14, 2010 08:27 pm »

Two Three more new moderators to announce:

tokogawa = Fan Fiction
avatardestiny = Courtyard and What (teamed with Zubby)
NeeNee = Episode Discussion and Pai Sho

Thank you both for the gift of your time for the fans of Avatar!
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2010 12:57 am by SMBH » Logged
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Unphotogenic Avatar

Av & Sig by tokkatokkatokka

« Reply #19 on: Nov 17, 2011 06:03 pm »

Please check the first post of this thread for an updated listed of admins & mods.
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2013 02:54 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings; Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #20 on: Mar 17, 2012 10:52 pm »

Due to the expected surge in traffic in anticipation of the new The Legend of Korra series, we have promoted NeeNee & Aangs True Love to global moderator status.
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2012 11:52 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings; Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #21 on: Oct 15, 2012 07:47 pm »

Due to her hardwork and contribution to the mainsite as well as the forums, Cerulean has been promoted to global moderator status.

A few moderators who were designated with one board previously have also volunteered to moderate more boards so don't be surprised if you see their names appear under the various boards.

Please welcome Mr Grieves as our new Fan Fiction and Debate & Discussion moderator.

Thank you all for your enthusiasm for Avatar!
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2012 07:27 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Unphotogenic Avatar

« Reply #22 on: Oct 18, 2012 08:06 pm »

Please welcome Ms.WW as our new Avatar: The Last Airbender and Pai Sho moderator!

SMBH
ASN Management
Unphotogenic Avatar

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #23 on: Jul 27, 2014 08:45 am »

Please welcome Spiritwhisperer as the newest member of the moderator team! He'll be taking care of the TLOK, TLOK Episodes, and TLOK Spoilers boards.
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2014 06:53 pm by SMBH » Logged

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: