Apr 17, 2014 09:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Realistic Bolin and Iroh (Update: 7/14)  (Read 12248 times)
Fire Bunny
Professional Penguin Sledder

Why pretend when you can bend the real thing?

« Reply #125 on: Jan 14, 2008 09:21 pm »

i love your art and your style.  i haven't been favouriting a lot of art on dA recently, but your stuff just broke that wall.  awesome stuff my dear.  absolutely beautiful.

Anliya

m00shrum
« Reply #126 on: Jan 15, 2008 04:38 pm »

My internet connection is horrible today (typing this all on Notepad as I attempt to upload this picture to Photobucket--it's been over 45 minutes). Geez, I'm just trying to upload a tiny picture, and it's going to take more than an hour! How to people live with slow internet??

(Aha! Done, finally.)

Anyway, I had this idea in my head for a while and I just had to draw it: Gaang as characters from the Chinese epic Journey to the West.

Full View?

For those who aren't familiar with the story, it's about an arrogant monkey who needs to accompany a monk to India to retrieve the original Buddhist scriptures and redeem himself. Along the way, he and the monk meet a womanizing pig and an exiled general from Heaven, and they all travel west together: the monk and his three diciples to protect him.

I grew up hearing and reading this story, and I must say, it's almost as epic as Avatar. Almost.

This is all purely for fun and not meant to be an interpretation of any kind. None of the Avatar characters fit the personality of their counterparts in this picture--in fact, I purposely chose the worst possible fit. Lol.

Now where did Zuko go? Wink

Maniacal_Genius

« Reply #127 on: Jan 15, 2008 07:55 pm »

I'm familiar with the story. Love Sokka relaxing, and Aang and Katara's dialog. Toph, just bein cool & Zuko the horse. lol <3 It's awesome.
zukofangirl2006

I ship Wall-Eve :D

« Reply #128 on: Jan 15, 2008 08:11 pm »

OMG. <3  I want a Zuko-horse!
Anliya

m00shrum
« Reply #129 on: Jun 17, 2012 09:49 pm »

It's been a while (i.e. 4+ years) since I've posted art here. A little out of touch with my inner Avatar artist, but I hope it will come back quickly.

Have some General Iroh/Lin! More Korra fanart to come!

Anliya

m00shrum
« Reply #130 on: Jun 18, 2012 07:51 pm »

More Lin/Iroh fluff. Let me know if you're a Lin/Iroh shipper too. I need someone to share my love. Kiss

THEAT0M1KMONKEY

TROLOLOLOLO

« Reply #131 on: Jun 18, 2012 08:43 pm »

^ I'm liking the Lin Iroh thing we've got going here! Incredible art by the way! Smiley I can just see the scene where he has his hand on her cheek! Very interesting stuff indeed.
Maivry

Artist and Thinker

« Reply #132 on: Jun 19, 2012 03:04 pm »

Welcome back! I'm loving the Linroh, despite how much younger he must be. =P Oh well, headcanon until proven otherwise. Grin I suppose it would serve Tenzin right if she went for a younger man.

Anliya

m00shrum
« Reply #133 on: Jun 19, 2012 03:21 pm »

Haha, thanks Atomic monkey and Maivry! Glad there are others who ship this. Also, I totally agree--Lin can have someone young too. Wink It makes their love that much sweeter.

P.S. What is this "headcanon" term that everyone is using? I feel like an old lady for not knowing this. It's what happens when you leave fandom for 4 years.

THEAT0M1KMONKEY

TROLOLOLOLO

« Reply #134 on: Jun 19, 2012 03:39 pm »

^That's great! Smiley She's just like, "Oh you crazy Iroh, calm down." And He's just thinking, "Oh Lin..." Cheesy

The more fanart I see the more and more I like this Linroh thing!

I bet getting herself a caring nice man would help her with losing her bending Cry, which would make some great scenes in the show.
Cerulean
Global Moderator

« Reply #135 on: Jun 19, 2012 06:46 pm »

You are creating a very convincing argument with your Iroh the Second and Lin drawings. It's the hand on her face that pretty much seals the deal. Wonderful drawings. Smiley
Maivry

Artist and Thinker

« Reply #136 on: Jun 19, 2012 07:04 pm »

Nice. I like the text you added to the drawing. She really does look young and beautiful.

I'm still warming up to the new terms, myself. Headcanon is something like a scenario that you pretend is canon. (Until proven otherwise?)

Fanart and fanfiction are, of course, the best source of headcanons.

Anliya

m00shrum
« Reply #137 on: Jun 19, 2012 09:52 pm »

Woohoo! Thanks so much guys for supporting this ship Cheesy Glad you're enjoying these pictures. And thanks for explaining the term to me, Maivry. I guess Linroh is headcanon for me too then, haha.

Here's the colored version! More to come this week! I'm declaring it Linroh week (at least before Bryke sinks this ship on Saturday).

THEAT0M1KMONKEY

TROLOLOLOLO

« Reply #138 on: Jun 20, 2012 10:09 am »

I think this calls for a Linroh celebration! I'll bring the sea prunes!

ginevra

Don't mess with the pitchfork.

« Reply #139 on: Jun 20, 2012 10:12 am »

Yup, so I officially LOVE this ship. It hadn't sailed in my mind, but now I've got full-on fanspasm coming on... :3

My FanArt | Other Art | dEvrart

=]---- Pitchforks pwn.
ConfusedShipper123

« Reply #140 on: Jun 20, 2012 12:39 pm »

LINROH!!! Because of your drawings, this ship will never sink in my head... <3
Anliya

m00shrum
« Reply #141 on: Jun 20, 2012 11:05 pm »

YES SEA PRUNES! Omg I still remember laughing so hard during that scene. XD

Thanks so much, fellow Linroh fans! Here's to hoping the ship survives! Inspired by what Bryan Konietzko said in an interview about Iroh being the "swashbuckling hero-type." I gives you Linzin vs Linroh.

Maivry

Artist and Thinker

« Reply #142 on: Jun 20, 2012 11:17 pm »

This is just too good. Grin

I don't care if Linroh is completely unjustifiable from here on out. Kidcrush!Linroh is officially canon.

Xagzan

« Reply #143 on: Jun 21, 2012 09:11 am »

Whoa, whoa, hold on.

There's a THREAD for this ship?

Hell yes. I thought I was alone here, with everyone else as eager to get on the SS Irohsami as people on the Titanic were to get off.

Even though I try not to ship characters too hard before they're thoroughly introduced, the awesome fanart here is making that even harder. Hey, if Tenzin can go for em young, why not Lin? Sincerely hoping she meets up with Iroh in the finale, and he sees that she's lost her bending and something like this happens,

Come onnnnn, Bryke!

Oh and Anliya, hope you draw more of them as well Smiley

ConfusedShipper123

« Reply #144 on: Jun 21, 2012 10:57 am »

MY HEAD IS BURSTING WITH THE CUTE. <3333

Anliya, fantastic sketches! I can't wait to see more! <3
Anliya

m00shrum
« Reply #145 on: Jun 21, 2012 04:09 pm »

Xagzan: YES! Please join in. Irosami is so overrated.

Thanks, ConfusedShipper123! Anyway, here is a new picture. It's not really Linroh, but let's just pretend it is. Lin is not impressed by Iroh's tea-blowing skills. Neither is Mako.

P.S. Can I post screenshots to go with the fanart? Mods, feel free to remove if this is not allowed.

Toph13139

Four for you, Glen Coco! You go, Glen Coco!

« Reply #146 on: Jun 21, 2012 04:47 pm »

o________o

This is amazing. You're officially my idol! I really like your coloring technique and these Linroh drawings are so fantastic and adorable! You're incrediy talented and you definitely know hos to use your stuff. Keep up the good work. n_n

THEAT0M1KMONKEY

TROLOLOLOLO

« Reply #147 on: Jun 21, 2012 06:28 pm »

Lin and Mako are like, "One does not simply impress me by cooling off tea!"

Seems to be working for Korra and Asami though! Smiley

I definitely hope that we're not the only ones shipping Linroh! I want this to really happen!
Anliya

m00shrum
« Reply #148 on: Jun 22, 2012 05:24 pm »

@atomicmonkey: LotR fan? Wink Also, he's warming the tea, not cooling it! Hahaha.

Thanks, guys, for the Linroh support this week! Unfortunately, this is likely the last Linroh piece I'll ever draw, unless Bryke doesn't sink this ship. Happy finale, everyone!

ConfusedShipper123

« Reply #149 on: Jun 22, 2012 05:31 pm »

Anliya--your sig= yes. Cheesy

I wish I could read those characters. ^^' Anyway, this is a beautiful last Linroh sketch. <3 I will miss this ship if it sinks. Wonderful art. <3
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: