Dec 15, 2019 06:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [209] Bitter Work  (Read 34614 times)
Handicapable
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #225 on: Mar 14, 2011 10:32 pm »

"No, she's crazy and she needs to go down."

Never was I so happy to hear the words of wise old Iroh. Finally, an "old master" who isn't filled with silly delusions about honor or balance that interfere with dealing with your wackjob family members. It was nice to seem him break that stereotype.

How blessed is the man who finds wisdom And the man who gains understanding. For her profit is better than the profit of silver And her gain better than fine gold. She is more precious than jewels; And nothing you desire compares with her. Proverbs 3:13-15 (NASB)
newavatarfan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm a real legend

« Reply #226 on: Mar 15, 2011 11:09 am »

This was a great episode, another one that makes use of parallelism between Aang and Zuko. Iroh was great here with the background and knowledge, and the flashbacks were insightful as well. I didn't mind the "head on" mentality that Toph was trying to teach Aang, which in real life is more figurative than literal. There's an important balance between evasion and confrontation, and Aang had to realize that.

And Sokka was pretty funny as well. Cheesy

version15
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #227 on: Dec 18, 2013 07:10 pm »

I found the ending to tjis episode very powerful. It spoke to me on a spiritual level.

Keeper of the Red Spirit, both the canon inspiration for the Blue Spirit and the real life title messup in the channel guides on TV
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #228 on: Dec 31, 2014 11:28 am »

Now this was a great episode. I love it when the show explores the philosophy of its own setting. In addition, I like how this was reflected in Katara, Toph, and Aang's interactions. The characters of the original series really meshed well and what is even better, they each had their own voice. Moving on, I really liked Sokka in this episode. Although he was a cosmic play thing, he manages to be entertaining through out his misfortunes. I also really liked that brief flashback with Iroh and his son. I thought the show was going somewhere with that. Unfortunately, it did not. Zuko was also great. I felt bad for the guy. The universe hates him so much that it won't even zap him with lightning.
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: