Dec 07, 2019 01:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [209] Bitter Work  (Read 34595 times)
zukotiamo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #200 on: Nov 14, 2007 04:46 am »

I loved the explanation of the characteristics of the 4 elements to Zuko, and the note about pride vs humility.

Keeper of Katara's PMS
Kataang4evah
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Toph's a Tough Cookie!

twinkletoes9492@yahoo.com
« Reply #201 on: Nov 14, 2007 09:26 pm »

This is one of my Favorite episodes!!! Its really funny! Sokka is a trip! Seriously,he cracks me up and I can never stop laughing when he was saying if got out of that whole alive, he'd give up meat and sarcasm. Then when Aang came he asked him if he had Meat!  That was so funny. Also, when Toph jumps face first into the Boulder. That scared the poop out of me. But it was funny. Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Keeper of Ger's Doom Song. President of ATLAFC

" You never fail unless you never try"
Charity
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #202 on: Jan 18, 2008 11:41 am »

This is one of my Favorite episodes!!! Its really funny! Sokka is a trip! Seriously,he cracks me up and I can never stop laughing when he was saying if got out of that whole alive, he'd give up meat and sarcasm. Then when Aang came he asked him if he had Meat!  That was so funny. Also, when Toph jumps face first into the Boulder. That scared the poop out of me. But it was funny. Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

The head first jump into the boulder was awesome. It takes some guts to do that. (and skill)

karatekid34
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

avatar made by katarathewaterbender

« Reply #203 on: Jan 18, 2008 09:44 pm »

I loved this episode. Some of the main points was when Toph was trying to teach Aang the earthbending. Iroh telling Zuko of how the 4 elements help keep pbalance within the world. Help teaching him how to redirect lighting and then telling him that he's not going to shot lighting at him. Sokka and Foofoocuddypoops interaction and finally when Zuko was the top of the mountain asking to be stuck with lighting then crying. So that's what I loved most about this great episode.

Sign is GuitarFreak's..thanks for letting me us it Smiley
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Monk's Gone Wild (IZ TEH BIGGEST ZUTARIAN ON ASN)

« Reply #204 on: May 16, 2008 11:53 pm »

This episode. I Freaking Love It.

Toph's training methods were not only sucessful, they were very entertaining! Aang was learning earthbending, but also with the spear thing and Toph screming "Rock On!" and scaring Aang made me laugh.

Sokka being trapped with Foofoocuddlepoops was straight up Halarious. I LOOVED that part. "Got any meat?!' Cheesy I love Sokka.

There was obvious important foreshadowing for Zuko and Iroh. I mean, Zuko and the DoBS awesomeness and Zuko's understanding of the other elements! Awesome! Cheesy I'm so happy for this episode! Grin I think Zuko struggle with the lightning also build lots of character development. He's obivously hurt and struggling, shown at the end of the episode with him crying and screaming in the rain. I remember the first time I saw that i started to cry becasue Zuko has gone through so much. He was really stepping up to the plate. NIce job Zuzu Wink

Keeper of Aang discovering he had hair, Zuko&Katara first mission together

I thanked everyone who made me icon/sig on DA. General/Commander AA22 of the Zutarmy. Master of the weapon Zutaratana!
PseudoEthnic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #205 on: May 30, 2008 12:52 am »

This episode was amzing! It showed Aang not mastering Earthbending as well as he was with waterbending, which is a plus in my book. It showed that Aang has problems, and he needs to fix them. The same thing goes for Zuko, who learns how to do lightning. The whole episode was great, but what else would expect from Avatar? xD

Rating-9/10
Potato Pie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #206 on: Jun 01, 2008 02:02 pm »

I really enjoyed this episode. It was very funny and developed the characters alot.
I mainly enjoyed Sokka in his little jam with FooFooCuddlePoops. I was laughing so much during that Cheesy
"Now come back boomerang" made me laugh so much Smiley
Sokka never fails to make me laugh!

Grin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

vtccyair
« Reply #207 on: Aug 07, 2008 05:46 am »

One of my favorite episodes. The scene where Zuko shouts at the storm, begging to be struck, really got to me. I got the sense that he must have felt like the whole world was against him and he was all the more angry and defiant because of the fact. Gives me chills every time.

Violet Vespertine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #208 on: Sep 14, 2008 08:15 pm »

Bitter Work is another really good episode.

Toph's training is quite a change for Aang.  But her training style does suit her personality much like Katara's styler suits hers.  Toph doesn't take any crap.  She isn't sweet and gentle.  She's tough and she says what's on her mind.  And that's the way she teaches.  In the end, her method works just fine. 

Sokka's predicament is  a bit humiliating, even for him.  There's much more to his character but we don't get to see that enough.

On to Zuko and Iroh.  Aww at Iroh's memory of playing with his son and his promise to be with him soon.
Zuko making tea for Iroh is sweet.
Love Iroh's lessons about the four nations and redirecting lightning.  Zuko is too impatient, though.  Everything always blows up in his face, he says.  That's because he's got too much turmoil inside him.
The final scene with Zuko on the mountaintop screaming for the lightning to strike him is so sad.  I agree with Avatarded Hokie......Zuko seems to feel that everything's against him and he can't catch a break.
thequenchiest
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Aang isn't white

« Reply #209 on: Nov 20, 2008 11:59 pm »

It's kinda sad that Zuko tries to make tea that Iroh will like, but he doesn't like it. at least he doesn't tell Zuko.

I am a waterbending mudkip
Violet Vespertine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #210 on: Nov 21, 2008 08:55 am »

That's one of Zuko's sweetest moments.  He's applying some things he's learned from Iroh to his situation.  He just needs to practice making tea(which he eventually does).
thequenchiest
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Aang isn't white

« Reply #211 on: Nov 21, 2008 01:03 pm »

ya. its sad later when he yells at the storm though.

Violet Vespertine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #212 on: Nov 21, 2008 07:31 pm »

Yeah, that part makes me cry.  I can really sense Zuko's frustration and anger and sadness.
thequenchiest
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Aang isn't white

« Reply #213 on: Nov 21, 2008 07:45 pm »

i know. It's so sad what he's had to go through his whole life

-Ursa-
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Change is in the nature of fire...

« Reply #214 on: Jan 04, 2009 03:56 pm »

Well, I like how Zuko and Aang trained but my fave creature is on this episode: Foo-foo-cuddly-poops! Sooooooo cute, isn't it???!!!!!!

Listen to the fire. It sings many songs. Every night it tells us the secrets hiding in the shadows.
Keeper of; Ursa's secrets.
thequenchiest
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Aang isn't white

« Reply #215 on: Feb 14, 2009 12:29 am »

veggies and straight talk, veggies and straight talk.

system4000
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dragon Dance

« Reply #216 on: Apr 28, 2009 09:01 pm »

This episode was ok. And Sokka was funny but story spent too much time on the problem he had gotten himself into. Finally we see Aang learning to Earthbend.   

asuan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #217 on: Jun 28, 2009 12:42 pm »

For me the best episode of all.

It is so funny and also wise. So much parallels between Aang and Zuko and Toph does nice work on education rather than on bending lol. And Iroh himselfs deems worthy and wise and delivers the explanation, not only wise because beeing old but fulfilled with understanding the world. A very balanced episode
Ratzenheich
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #218 on: Jun 29, 2009 01:56 am »

I liked Sokka's monologue in this episode. I disliked Toph and her approach to teach him earthbending. Sure it works to portray the obvious that earth is about being strong, firm, and rooted. I totally hated the "stubborn" part. Seriously. Even in sports derived from martial arts, blocking head on is almost never the best option. My friend before participated in a kumite at a karate tournament. He ended up blocking his opponent's roundhouse with his forehand and his bones broke. Deflecting or dodging is ideally the best way in a physical fight. I hope many of the younger viewers didn't take it that way assuming they wanted to show the idea that some conflicts are unavoidable.

Mooseboy018
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"Good morning."

« Reply #219 on: May 31, 2010 12:43 am »

postives:
-Zuko's training with Iroh
-Aang struggling with earthbending
-Foofoocuddlypoops! (and the mama sabertooth moose-lion) Grin
-Zuko "screaming at the heavens"
-Zuko failing at lightningbending
-Sokka stuck in the hole
-Zuko making tea for Iroh

negatives:
-Toph is a little too b****y in this episode IMO

rating: 9.5

my Last Airbender comics
keeper of: Koh's creepy voice, his laugh, and his three minutes of screen-time.
Toph Bei Master
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Huge Avatar:TLA Fan, love the Avatar Universe

« Reply #220 on: Sep 25, 2010 10:37 am »

The episode was great it was funny and serious at the same time. Grin

The key to earthbending is your stance.
Falconfrost
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #221 on: Sep 27, 2010 09:36 am »

One of my favorites.  I compared the scenes of Soka wandering around in the woods to the episode that's Zuko wandering around in the village to see which character I like better.  I still can't decide.  Anyway, this was an excellent episode and I love how the plot comes together.  My only comment is at the ending- as much as I love Zuko and his mellowdramaticness, this was too much.  It makes me squirm in a bad way to watch that part.

Zuko and Sokka- my unmatched favs!
Ambrose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #222 on: Sep 27, 2010 11:06 am »

I was just watching for Zuko again,  Grin.

Yeah Aang learns these moves way too quickly. He could have learnt all the elements within a week.

Carpe diem
Toph Bei Master
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Huge Avatar:TLA Fan, love the Avatar Universe

« Reply #223 on: Oct 03, 2010 07:04 pm »

I was just watching for Zuko again,  Grin.

Yeah Aang learns these moves way too quickly. He could have learnt all the elements within a week.
Yeah but I think during that time he was still training with Toph, Zukko, and Katara. They just didnt put that in there because If it were me I would want to watch training parts on every episode it would be awsome no doubt, but since he is the avatar he picks up things more quickly.

The key to earthbending is your stance.
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #224 on: Mar 09, 2011 07:48 am »

I love this episode.  Foo Foo is adorable and Toph is brilliant.

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: