Sep 20, 2017 05:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [000] Avatar Pilot Episode  (Read 34860 times)
Exiled Prince
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Save me, Studio Mir...

« Reply #150 on: Sep 29, 2010 11:11 pm »

i just saw a glimpse of the beginning of the pilot. in my opinion, i liked zuko's uniform much better but not the other fire nation soldiers. i think i kinda knew why it was never aired. the head of the serpent was a definite out of TV-Y7 and it started out too fast. Viewers would wonder, "What made Zuko go after the gAang?"

iKeep Sokka\'s quote:\"This is the kind of wacky time wasting nonsense I\'ve been missing!\"
Sig Wanted
PiElord
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Team Optimism 團隊樂觀

« Reply #151 on: Sep 30, 2010 06:45 am »

It wasn't aired because Nickelodeon told them that it couldn't be an origin story.

The episode had to be done as if it were a ways into the show already. They wanted to see what a regular episode would be like.

Also, in the first post, why does it say "string" instead of "thread"?

"Can you imagine what I could do, if I would do all I can?"
- Sun Tzu
The Village of Anquan
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #152 on: Sep 30, 2010 10:26 pm »

Never watched the whole thing - but it was weird hearing Katara being called Kya (This was a few months after the series finale).

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
Oblivion
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I believe in Obby Dent.

« Reply #153 on: Sep 30, 2010 10:27 pm »

String is just another word for thread in message board lingo.

I ship EndlessOblivion and MelodicOblivion. Do you? <3
PiElord
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Team Optimism 團隊樂觀

« Reply #154 on: Oct 01, 2010 07:12 am »

String is just another word for thread in message board lingo.

Yeah but...in all my years on the Internet, I've never heard a thread referred to as a string before.

Never.

It's just odd for me to read something from four years ago, and see something that different. It's like watching a movie from the late nineties: so similar, and yet so different at the same time.

"Can you imagine what I could do, if I would do all I can?"
- Sun Tzu
The Village of Anquan
NextFireBend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King Spider-Man.

« Reply #155 on: Oct 03, 2010 09:58 am »

I wish we could have it without commentary....

Or he watches Glee idk.
Toph Bei Master
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Huge Avatar:TLA Fan, love the Avatar Universe

« Reply #156 on: Oct 16, 2010 12:56 pm »

i just saw a glimpse of the beginning of the pilot. in my opinion, i liked zuko's uniform much better but not the other fire nation soldiers. i think i kinda knew why it was never aired. the head of the serpent was a definite out of TV-Y7 and it started out too fast. Viewers would wonder, "What made Zuko go after the gAang?"
Well I think at the time nick though, and this may be wrong, Every hero needs a villan

The key to earthbending is your stance.
Legend of Korra
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #157 on: Jul 18, 2012 02:53 pm »

Here is the pilot without the commentary

snipped

You CANNOT post illegal links to episodes.

-Ms.WW
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2014 07:04 pm by Ms.WW » Logged

"Give me a minute and I'll change your mind
 Give me a bullet and I'll change your life"
fraroc
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #158 on: Jun 18, 2014 08:31 am »

So I just watched the pilot without commentary (it was from iTunes) and I got to say....I've ALWAYS wanted to watch it, just for curiosity, but now that I did...It sort of feels really weird to me. Weird in a way that this episode is either something completely different from the Avatar The Last Airbender series or something that would fit perfectly with Book 1. Sokka and Katara/Kya's characters seemed what they would be in the series itself, but Aang and Zuko's characters were really, REALLY over the top. Zuko just seemed ultra-violent and pissed off at the world at everything and Aang was much more of a spaz than he was in Book 1. I also noticed that Aang seemed a little more cocky and arrogant in the pilot, almost Sokka-esque in a way. I'm glad to see that they toned those two down because the way Zuko and Aang were in the series were perfect in my book.
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #159 on: Dec 31, 2014 05:32 pm »

I remember seeing the pilot. I agree with above poster, Aang and Zuko seemed off. Anyway, I like the animation, but I am glad that the Bryke did not go with some of the initial designs. The Fire Nation outfits were so dorky. If they went with something more streamlined, that would hav been okay, but the fire and dragon motifs do not work for those uniforms. With that said, my opinion is that everything else is forgettable, but still it was a nice little feature on the Book Water DVD.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #160 on: Jan 06, 2015 05:22 pm »

Kya and Sokka were fine by me, their dynamic such as the conversion about Kya's old doll, could've been right out of the show. But like the Colonel pointed out, something doesn't seem right with Zuko or Aang.  In my opinion, Aang came across as more lazy and careless then fun-loving and free-spirited, for example, his casual use of the Avatar State as a quick power-up just wasn't in character for him. While Prince Zuko seemed much more hotheaded here then usual. He's always been known for his brooding and anger, but he acted more like a villain, as if he shares Azula's "burn everyone and everything" tactic. But aside from those two, I enjoyed the pilot, the animation looks gorgeous and it certainly does a good job of introducing the world and mythology of Avatar.    
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2015 05:25 pm by Avatar Lizzy » Logged

Sig by Guitarfreak.
tommytoe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

When love is real, it finds a way

« Reply #161 on: Jul 05, 2015 12:15 pm »

This one is a bit of an odd duck for me. If I'd seen this episode before watching the rest of the series, then I totally would have been sold on it. It's not perfect by any means but the general ideas are really solid and I would have been really eager to see the proper show. But since I came to the Avatar series pretty late and I saw all three seasons over a dozen times each before watching the pilot, I keep having trouble accepting why everything is so different from what I'm used to. 

Aang in particular seems really off as a suave charmer instead of the awkward goofball he is in the main series and Zuko sounds kind of weird. I don't know if someone else is playing him or if Dante Bosco just hadn't nailed Zuko's vocals yet but listening to Zuko in this one is almost as jarring as the first time I heard Boscoe voicing Iroh II.
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: