Aug 20, 2018 04:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar Trainspotting (Official Avatar news or things that relate to ATLA)  (Read 224859 times)
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #2125 on: Sep 06, 2017 12:03 pm »

So I'm playing the new Prey game, and at a certain section, we have Mae Whitman sing. It is really friggin' good. Also, the character she is voicing is pretty much Katara IN SPACE personality-wise. Here, just look at her:

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Ooze33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Back from the dead?

« Reply #2126 on: Dec 04, 2017 09:44 pm »

Avatar has gotten an HD release on iTunes, has announced on the show's official Facebook page with a clip included from The Crossroads of Destiny.

iTunes link

The clip looks really great! I'd be interested to see any comparisons online of this new master (and whether it's actually been remastered).

EDIT: reading that it's apparently a simple upconversion. Still, it eliminated A LOT of the issues the DVDs of the show had.
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2017 09:52 pm by Ooze33 » Logged

I Keep: Aunt Wu's headpiece, Lin Beifong's scar, The Lieutenant's kali sticks, and The Cabbage Merchant's Statue
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #2127 on: Dec 06, 2017 07:26 pm »

Pleeeeeeeeeeease put on Blu.

I mean, I know that millenials don't buy disks, but do it for me, just this once?

NextFireBend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King Spider-Man.

« Reply #2128 on: Dec 12, 2017 06:59 pm »

Honestly, the fanmade remaster from last year is in better quality.

Or he watches Glee idk.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #2129 on: Jan 11, 2018 08:06 am »

What about... a metal song about everyone's favorite firebender?

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Lunar_Prodigy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2130 on: Apr 02, 2018 10:02 pm »

Noticed this a while ago. Been hunting for an image of it. This is from Season 7 episode 7. This actually led me to create this whole in depth theory of how the Ninjago world is actually the same world as Avatar, but many many years in the future. I have thought about this way too much, please ask questions.

Keeper of Yue's "You didn't protect me" Sokka's "She's the moon, she flies by herself"
and Wan Shi Tong's understanding of the radio being "tiny men in boxes"
Helldars
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2131 on: Apr 03, 2018 09:22 am »

Oh man, I kind of wish this came out when Avatar was airing, we'd have had some rad AMV's. And I'm not even big on metal.

I mean seriously, I can picture specific clips of the show that would go along well with lyrics like these:

"I know you tried to lay it out
But your bloodlines been a blur
And you're passing through it all"

"Looks like you've found yourself
Down the road you came from
So carry on with the same abandonment
Just like your father
Another generation apart"

"We move just like flames
Conditioned by our motion
But this won't be the end
It must be so hard when
They played with your heart but
Just let me show there can be a way out"

"Why would I tie myself
To the one thing I can't fix
Pulling me down to the floor
Down to the bottom
Don't act like you're trying your best
Don't act like you've tried before"

Honestly, this could sound like a conversation between Iroh and Zuko.

Apparently, the lyricist wasn't thinking about Zuko when writing the song, but the guitarist wanted to name one after him. And since the whole band are fans of the show and found the lyrics were fitting to his character, they agreed it was a good idea.

"I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-Rays, and I want to - I want to smell dark matter! I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws! And feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me! I'm a machine! And I could know much more..."
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2132 on: Apr 17, 2018 10:41 am »

Noticed this a while ago. Been hunting for an image of it. This is from Season 7 episode 7. This actually led me to create this whole in depth theory of how the Ninjago world is actually the same world as Avatar, but many many years in the future. I have thought about this way too much, please ask questions.

Oh wow. Surprised they could just use those designs, but apparently Ninjago is shown by Nick in some countries?

Ooze33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Back from the dead?

« Reply #2133 on: Jul 20, 2018 11:15 am »

For the 10 year anniversary of Sozin's Comet yesterday, Newsweek but up an article that features Mike, Bryan, Ethan Spaulding, and Joaquim Dos Santos looking back at the finale all these years later:

https://www.newsweek.com/avatar-last-airbender-finale-anniversary-sozins-comet-season-3-last-episode-1033919

I Keep: Aunt Wu's headpiece, Lin Beifong's scar, The Lieutenant's kali sticks, and The Cabbage Merchant's Statue
noblebender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

-20 approval rating

« Reply #2134 on: Jul 20, 2018 01:40 pm »

For the 10 year anniversary of Sozin's Comet yesterday, Newsweek but up an article that features Mike, Bryan, Ethan Spaulding, and Joaquim Dos Santos looking back at the finale all these years later:

https://www.newsweek.com/avatar-last-airbender-finale-anniversary-sozins-comet-season-3-last-episode-1033919

Just finished reading this. Wow. What amazing insight this offers into the finale and series as a whole. It brought chills reading about how they composed the amazing orchestration to Zuko and Azula's fight; hearing about how Zuko came to terms with his worldview; about how Aang's journey was really about being the last Airbender, even more than the Avatar, the whole time; how Azula and Toph were originally envisioned; the additional episode the series gained; every little thought and detail that went in; and how epic the finale was, perfectly capping an iconic series. It's great to hear it straight from the creators, to hear about their experiences, as opposed to just another contributor's article. Thanks for sharing! I came on to post myself because it's that good. Avatar is one of the best series - animated or otherwise - out there.

A must-read for any Avatar fan.
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2018 01:41 pm by noblebender » Logged

credit to bluerainicons @ LJ                                          Harustache senses are TOTALLY on Tophic. - Mariabug, The Pebble, noblebender
noblebender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

-20 approval rating

« Reply #2135 on: Jul 31, 2018 01:08 pm »

I don't mean to double post, but there have been some great articles coming out about the 10-year anniversary of the finale. Here's an awesome interview with some of the voice actors: Grey DeLisle (now Griffin), Dee Bradley Baker and Jack De Sena:

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/an-oral-history-of-avatar-the-last-airbender-cast-looks-back-as-show-celebrates-10th

How hysterical that Grey still has not watched the show! She must have no idea how iconic Azula has become - one of the greatest villains in animation history for sure. It's so sweet to see the adoration Jack and Dee clearly have for the show and franchise as a whole - Dee seems particularly taken by how great the show was! Always love getting behind-the-scenes tidbits.

credit to bluerainicons @ LJ                                          Harustache senses are TOTALLY on Tophic. - Mariabug, The Pebble, noblebender
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #2136 on: Jul 31, 2018 06:02 pm »

And now I know how Grey can ship Ty Zula. Cheesy

Thanks for linking that. I always enjoy hearing from Jack De Sena; he's a sharp one.

Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: