Sep 21, 2017 10:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar Trainspotting (Official Avatar news or things that relate to ATLA)  (Read 193678 times)
The-Blue-Dragon-Lord
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Everlasting Dragon

« Reply #2100 on: Oct 11, 2014 10:05 am »

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned, last year Adventure Time aired an episode called "Earth & Water" in which the Flame Princess overthrew her Father as the ruler of the Fire Kingdom and suffered from a bit of a mental breakdown which left her very distant and emotionless.

She also got a new set of clothes and I think it's pretty obvious where they were drawing inspiration from.  Cheesy

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130903025544/atfanfic/images/b/bc/Flame_Queen.jpg

I saw a few posts of her and Azula on Tumblr and I even made this edit http://the-blue-dragon-lord.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Azula-and-Flame-Princess-467530762 of the two, seeing they were compared to each other.

He is called Kalameet. A ferocious dragon indeed, even mighty Anor Londo dared not provoke his ire. — Hawkeye Gough
Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Korrami ♪ TyZula ♬ Kataang ♫ Maiko ♫ Bopal ♪ Sukka

« Reply #2101 on: Oct 11, 2014 06:27 pm »

You know who else is an fire elemental?

Annie / Antimony from Gunnerkrigg Court xD

For some reason, I never saw any connection /reference concerning her and any Atlaverse-Firebender whatsoever... but maybe I just missed these...

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
Quote from: Fishfood1
you're the king of yuri on ASN
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #2102 on: Jan 02, 2015 02:29 am »

This is late but Grey DeLisle sent out a Christmas message in Azula's voice. It's pretty funny.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2103 on: Jan 03, 2015 02:31 pm »

Grey Delisle is my hero.
Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2104 on: Jan 04, 2015 12:23 pm »

This is late but Grey DeLisle sent out a Christmas message in Azula's voice. It's pretty funny.

Did she really end the clip with "buttsoup"? Shocked

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Selam, Sahib

« Reply #2105 on: Jan 04, 2015 01:49 pm »

^I suppose she will make soup out of our charred and burned butts... never like Indian food that much but if she insists, i will comply Cheesy

All my written material is free of any and all copyright, it can be used freely for everyone's inspiration
Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2106 on: Jan 04, 2015 03:44 pm »

^
I never heard that phrase before and duckduckgo'd it... but the results have not really been helpful... Tongue

yours Rava

Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Selam, Sahib

« Reply #2107 on: Jan 04, 2015 03:50 pm »

^You did what? Turned it into a duck?

Speaking of, has anyone ever painted an Avatar girl doing the infamous duck-face?

All my written material is free of any and all copyright, it can be used freely for everyone's inspiration
Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2108 on: Jan 04, 2015 06:37 pm »

Haha. Lookie and clicky here: https://duckduckgo.com/idiot?ia=about

Gettit? Duckduckgo is a search engine. In this thing called internetz.

For all others, I jest with Tamerlan, we are close PM pals since we joined here, and he knows I mean him no bad thing. So no need to presume I am insulting him with the above link.

Not that I know. One should make Trombone's players fan girls of Korra's book one into such, they all seem quite shallow, so fittingly for the duckface. (I hope on here there are not folks thinking that the duckface is something elaborate or such. I do not want to insult any ASNler)
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2015 06:44 pm by Rava » Logged

yours Rava

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #2109 on: Jan 18, 2015 08:49 am »

A choir did the iconic ATLA & TLOK tune that plays in the opening credits.

Excuse me while I find my jaw that dropped to the floor.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Runamuck
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2110 on: Feb 03, 2015 09:36 am »

Not really much of a surprise that this made the list:
http://www.cracked.com/article_22058_6-strong-female-characters-ruined-in-famous-movie-adaptions.html

SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #2111 on: Feb 18, 2015 11:36 pm »

Does this count as trainspotting?

(it's from my statistical mechanics book)

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Atren
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mostly read, rarely post

« Reply #2112 on: Feb 19, 2015 01:38 pm »

Is that exponental value of total posts minus spam divided by time period of posts for each poster? In other words sum of all the value in the useful posts per day?
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2015 01:41 pm by Atren » Logged
Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Selam, Sahib

« Reply #2113 on: Feb 19, 2015 02:17 pm »

^Yes. It makes sense.

Then again, you might as well be speaking magical incantations in old Avestan for all I know. I just tend to trust the superior brain of math nerds Cheesy

Celestine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Reign of stars.

« Reply #2114 on: Feb 26, 2015 06:23 pm »

Toph fought Gaara on Death Battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGbN_fIoX0o

Not sure if that counts as trainspotting... but I thought it deserved a mention.

Perception is everything.

Keeper of Iroh's past mistakes and Katara's laughter.

Sig by The_Elite.
BoomerAang Squad
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2115 on: Mar 21, 2015 03:38 pm »

IGN.com is hosting a March Madness style tournament of 64 heroic/villainous fictional teams. Both Team Avatar and the Fire Nation are represented.

Hilariously Zuko is depicted on both sides. Cheesy
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #2116 on: Mar 21, 2015 09:40 pm »

IGN.com is hosting a March Madness style tournament of 64 heroic/villainous fictional teams. Both Team Avatar and the Fire Nation are represented.

It's pretty weird because Ozai and Azula would make more sense to display with an army backing them.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
BoomerAang Squad
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2117 on: Mar 23, 2015 05:26 pm »

It's pretty weird because Ozai and Azula would make more sense to display with an army backing them.

I guess they wanted 4+ named characters for a team. So they went with Zuko and Iroh... and Ran and Shaw? LOL

UPDATE: Both teams advance to the next round! Team Avatar squares off against the X-Men, while TFN faces the Koopalings.
mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2118 on: May 22, 2015 04:24 pm »

Wasn't sure where to post this, so I'd drop it here. M. Night defending the work he did for TLA movie. All I could do is shake my head and then be a bit surprised he helped write Stuart Little lol.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/22/m-night-shyamalan-defends-his-avatar-the-last-airbender-adaptation
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #2119 on: May 22, 2015 05:33 pm »

I can honestly say that I'm glad I read that. Sometimes, I'm worried that I might have to someday respect M Nighty as a professional, but nope, every time he opens his mouth, he digs himself deeper.

Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2120 on: May 22, 2015 05:52 pm »

M. Night Shyamalan's defense:  "It was for kids".

Great, then you shouldn't have been adapting a series whose arguable greatest strength was that it wasn't just for kids.

I remember that little episode we had here on ASN with a member posting some insider information on the making of TLA in the movie thread.  You know, the one that actually got some media attention, which UJOF didn't want and resulted in the movie thread being deleted and further discussion of the movie being forbidden.  That member sort of portrayed M. Night in a positive light, hinting that there were factors out of his control and it wasn't all his fault.  But yeah, Loopy's right.  Every time he actually opens his mouth about the movie and has a chance to clear things up, he just digs himself deeper rather than coming across as a sympathetic guy who got screwed over by executives.
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2121 on: May 22, 2015 06:41 pm »

I find it weird that his idea of remaking the property for older audiences (ignoring the fact that older audiences already liked it), would be to throw in an attractive woman for fanservice. (At least, that's what his Megan Fox comments seemed to suggest).

His whole defense seems to be "well it was for kids, not for you", but he completely ignores all the kid's films adults enjoy! And nobody wanted him to make the movie for adults, they wanted a movie that maintain the spirit of the original work.

And yeah, I was inclined to feel sorry for him when that story about the executives came out. But this suggests he accepts responsibility for the film. 

Calvero
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2122 on: May 23, 2015 10:27 am »

"My child was nine-years-old. So you could make it one of two ways. You could make it for that same audience, which is what I did -- for nine and 10-year-olds -- or you could do the Transformers version and have Megan Fox. I didn't do that."

Nothing a child hates more than a good joke. M. Night Shyamalan, the genius that he is, knows that all the humor is just put in for the parent's sake. What your average ten year really wants is lots of exposition and a slow plot.

"With both Stuart Little and Wayward Pines, I was just a part of the process. I think it was really wonderful and healthy; I approached it like -- I want to do right by the material, and I want to help people create the tone and that kind of thing. The other two were more taking it and trying to make it my own"

Yep, he could either do it his way or do it right. Well, at least he realizes what he did was wrong.
Lunar_Prodigy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2123 on: Jun 19, 2017 08:28 pm »

So this crystal shop is owned by a woman named Suki. And clearly Sokka had a say in the naming of the shop.

Edit: So the picture did not post for some reason. The shop is named Mystic Moon.
« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2017 08:41 pm by Lunar_Prodigy » Logged

Keeper of Yue's "You didn't protect me" Sokka's "She's the moon, she flies by herself"
and Wan Shi Tong's understanding of the radio being "tiny men in boxes"
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #2124 on: Jun 20, 2017 06:31 pm »

In the "When Worlds Collide" two-parter of the current TMNT series, April O'Neill used her telekinesis and arm movements to stream some water out of a fire-hydrant, loop it around her back, and shoot it at an opponent.

April is voiced by Mae Whitman. Grin

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: